Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Is This Snake Venomous? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is This Snake Venomous? (47311 Views)

This Snake Was Killed In Our Factory. What's The Name - Photo / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:02pm On May 18, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:

It's called echi eteka (tomorrow too far) in my place... Cause if e bite you for night... You no go make am to morning...

This is echi eteka/ajuala and not the one in the picture...
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tonididdy(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2023
Haaa….this exact breed almost ate my dog one night.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by davillian(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2023
I can never forget this snakes skin
All hail the viper ...
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Bacteria8: 2:14pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:
100% hharmless.... No chop am sha
You don't know shiit. That's a Goboon Viper. Highly dangerous.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by LordEclipse: 2:15pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:
I went to site today to complete the roofing stage in one of my buildings. Some workers were doing the wood work while i directed some to clear the compound because it was bushy.

One of the workers shouted snake and before a blink of an eye, they killed the snake. Cut off the head and tail and kept the body to be consumed later. I took some photos to share here because i know Lala and nairalanders love snakes.

Jesus..did he just ask if it is venomous?..
That's probably the most dangerous snake you'd come across..just one bite,and you've got less than 30mins without a serious anti venom..and sometimes even death occours after taking anti venom. You're lucky
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by dapsoneh: 2:16pm On May 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
highly venomous
Gaboon viper
looks like puff adder
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by MrBroke(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2023
If you won chop am chop am, which one be is it venemous, abi you never kill am, grin even if we tell you, you go follow your mind cheesy
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:19pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:
you don't know what you are saying, that's either a puff adder or a gaboon viper (I will be able to differentiate them if I can see the head). Both are vipers and are very venomous with long fangs.
The bite of a gaboon viper is the most painful bite of any snake.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by mysticwarrior(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2023
That is a gaboon viper, it's venom is very deadly.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 18, 2023
All I can see here is meat.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by iamoyindamola(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
looks like puff adder
Lol check the skin na
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:20pm On May 18, 2023
Jonwesley:
Even the decapitated head has enough venom to kill. Don't touch it for your life.
this is jot true. The snake venom is stored in its venom gland somewhere above its mouth and it only injects it when it wants to bite.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by SeniorMan715(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2023
Gaboon vipers are venomous. Their bite can be fatal, though they are calm and rarely bite humans.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by SeniorMan715(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2023
It is also called Gaboon adder
Workch:
you don't know what you are saying, that's either a puff adder or a gaboon viper (I will be able to differentiate them if I can see the head). Both are vipers and are very venomous with long fangs.
The bite of a gaboon viper is the most painful bite of any snake.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tabaralph: 2:23pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:
I went to site today to complete the roofing stage in one of my buildings. Some workers were doing the wood work while i directed some to clear the compound because it was bushy.

One of the workers shouted snake and before a blink of an eye, they killed the snake. Cut off the head and tail and kept the body to be consumed later. I took some photos to share here because i know Lala and nairalanders love snakes.
This is gaboon viper, the most venomous and poisonous snake
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tafabaloo(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2023
Hey ! Ina omo irara....this is called monamona in yoruba land.
Highly venomous..
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:24pm On May 18, 2023
Axis313:
Puff adder.Yorubas called it Paramole because it has earth color,so it is hard to detect it until you step on it.
Op,you are asking if puff adder is venomous?It is one of the most venomous snakes in the world and it is the most temperamental amongst them.
puff Adder is not found in Yoruba land, it's a gaboon viper that is found in Southern Nigeria. Puff adder is usually found in thr north, in Savannah region.

Although both snakes are related

1 Like

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:25pm On May 18, 2023
davidtemi:
Is there a snake dat is not venomous??
yes, more than half of the snake species either don't have venom or don't have enough venom to harm a human.

1 Like

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:28pm On May 18, 2023
tonididdy:
Haaa….this exact breed almost ate my dog one night.
I don't think a gaboon viper can eat a dog.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Ballo1292(m): 2:29pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:

They way you people rush to comment dey surprise me Sha. Man, that snake is called Gaborn Viper and it one of the most poisonous snake ever crawl on planet earth.

No that and no peace.

1 Like

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by goldmatrix(m): 2:31pm On May 18, 2023
U dey ask make you know whether to eat it? Bro U go die before u digest am..
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Aurelius1(m): 2:32pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:
Are you for real? That's a Gaboon Viper- highly venomous. It can leap and strike up to waist level. Omo! No play with am o. A drop of its venom can kill up to 50 grown men. Though they rarely go out of their way to attack a human unless stepped on. They are docile like one poster rightly said.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by pyratenacousin(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2023
Ur death na Saaraa..a single dose of a gaboon vipers venom is enough to kill four grown men within d hour.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by esemes256: 2:39pm On May 18, 2023
So we have these kinds of snakes in Nigeria.
Nat Geo Wild would have been paying us royalties to film these lovely animals.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by ochiosa(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2023
Keep that head far from human because it's still sleeping and will wake by 12midnight. Even that body will shake by then unless you cook and eat before then.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Chummynoni(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2023
This is my greatest fear about relocating to my site. I hate snakes

2 Likes

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:

Gabion viper?

One of the largest venom doses of any snake?

One of the fastest to kill?

Harmless?

It's well.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tonididdy(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
I don't think a gaboon viper can eat a dog.

I beg to differ
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by shortgun(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2023
kmaster007:
If you see snake run
Not all snakes are dangerous.
Many of them don't even have venom.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by davidtemi(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
yes, more than half of the snake species either don't have venom or don't have enough venom to harm a human.
👍
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 2:57pm On May 18, 2023
tonididdy:

I beg to differ
Well, maybe a small dog or puppy
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Invitationn: 2:58pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:

He didn’t catch. He killed it lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Loffredo: World’s Most Modified Man Has 2 Fingers Chopped Off (Graphic) / 12-Year-Old Boy Builds Mini Excavator All By Himself (Photos) / Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.