Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Is This Snake Venomous? - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is This Snake Venomous? (47317 Views)

This Snake Was Killed In Our Factory. What's The Name - Photo / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by socrates007: 5:20pm On May 18, 2023
One of the most venomous snake you can find around.A single kiss from this reptile is a ticket to the great beyond....
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tonididdy(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
maybe what you saw was a python, African rock python.
Gaboon vipers are not big enough to eat a big dog.

This is a rock python below, it can eat your dog, a gaboon viper can't

This is the problem with some of U Nairalandrs … you argue like you’re the only one who got brains.

🤬
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Workch: 5:33pm On May 18, 2023
tonididdy:

This is the problem with some of U Nairalandrs … you argue like you’re the only one who got brains.

🤬
sorry, but Gaboon vipers dont eat large preys.

I can understand if you say it's a python
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Angelfrost(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2023
Bobbiee:

Must you eat everything that walks the earth, swims in the sea, and flies in the sky. I don't think it's poverty. That can't be it.

Lol... I don't eat such nonsense o! grin

I was merely pointing out an academic distinction!
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Khallicopyro: 5:40pm On May 18, 2023
pyyxxaro:
It is not

you fit use am do belt , de tie am for waist if you won go work undecided
As George of the jungle abi Mr Bones? Dey play
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by tonididdy(m): 5:41pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
sorry, but Gaboon vipers dont eat large preys.

I can understand if you say it's a python
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by preciousmetals: 5:55pm On May 18, 2023
this is viper, nobody survive the bite, just 15 minutes you are gone
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Ketamine9000mg(m): 6:06pm On May 18, 2023
nepapole:
100% hharmless.... No chop am sha

Not harmless....That markings is unique to Gaboom viper. One of the most venomous snakes on earth.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by joinnow: 6:11pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:
I went to site today to complete the roofing stage in one of my buildings. Some workers were doing the wood work while i directed some to clear the compound because it was bushy.

One of the workers shouted snake and before a blink of an eye, they killed the snake. Cut off the head and tail and kept the body to be consumed later. I took some photos to share here because i know Lala and nairalanders love snakes.
dey play
Gabon viper females do not lay eggs; instead, they give birth to approx. 50 live young!
and do you know what the babies are poisonous too.
what if the time you pick it up is when the babies are coming out.
some years ago in Norther state the farmer killed and brought back the gabon viper. then drop it
went inside coincidentally it was when the about 21-51 babies crawl out and enter the various room of the farmer and neighbor.
Do you know how many people died that evening 18
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by DrDunamis(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:
I went to site today to complete the roofing stage in one of my buildings. Some workers were doing the wood work while i directed some to clear the compound because it was bushy.

One of the workers shouted snake and before a blink of an eye, they killed the snake. Cut off the head and tail and kept the body to be consumed later. I took some photos to share here because i know Lala and nairalanders love snakes.
Gabon Viper, you don sha get free meat
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Teejaney88(m): 6:39pm On May 18, 2023
Gone da nesa...
Very patient but deadly. If it bites you...
R.I.P!
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by seunayantokun(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2023
Just a bite, you're dead. Very venomous.
But cook it with onion and scotch bonnet pepper. You will feel you're eating super chicken. Good for any kind of pounded yam, white or yellow. In the absence of that, go for semolina to give the Gaboon Viper a befitting funeral.

1 Like

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by eddiecole(m): 9:35pm On May 18, 2023
grin cheesy cheesy
pyyxxaro:
It is not

you fit use am do belt , de tie am for waist if you won go work undecided
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by bizzibodi(m): 11:02pm On May 18, 2023
That serpent can deliver 5 bites in 3seconds.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by supereagle(m): 11:22pm On May 18, 2023
Jestin:

Ọká in Yoruba.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by POTUS9ja(m): 12:58am On May 19, 2023
You must be kidding right! Ain't that a viper or puff adder?

Pls poster should be extremely careful.

nepapole:
100% hharmless.... No chop am sha
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by POTUS9ja(m): 1:08am On May 19, 2023
Jestin:

1 Like

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Stallione(m): 1:43am On May 19, 2023
Very dangerous and venomous puff adda snake..!!!! shocked
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by etrange: 1:30pm On May 19, 2023
Venomous? This the gabon viper. It is extremely venomous.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by OfficialSam(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2023
shawante:

It's obvious you're very stupid. Someone is here spreading misinformation and you're here talking about airing opinion.
Someone who thinks he's saying the right thing might get bitten by the snake tomorrow and think it's harmless not knowing he might end up dying within minutes.
If you don't know anything about something it's better you keep shut and learn rather than displaying your idiocy under the guise of airing your opinion.

Imagine the imb£cile! Look at how hungry and malnourished the idi0t looks; insulting his father(not me) with a cheap Infinix phone. Your father, mother and your entire miserable generation are stupid. Someone I can conveniently feed thinks he can talk to me because it's social media. God punish your father, whether dead or alive. B@stard.

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Lovelydaisies: 9:32pm On May 19, 2023
joinnow:

dey play
Gabon viper females do not lay eggs; instead, they give birth to approx. 50 live young!
and do you know what the babies are poisonous too.
what if the time you pick it up is when the babies are coming out.
some years ago in Norther state the farmer killed and brought back the gabon viper. then drop it
went inside coincidentally it was when the about 21-51 babies crawl out and enter the various room of the farmer and neighbor.
Do you know how many people died that evening 18

Wow! shocked Seriously?
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:35pm On May 19, 2023
Counterfeit:
No, it is Edibulous

Oka is cobra
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by shawante(m): 7:48am On May 21, 2023
OfficialSam:

Imagine the imb£cile! Look at how hungry and malnourished the idi0t looks; insulting his father(not me) with a cheap Infinix phone. Your father, mother and your entire miserable generation are stupid. Someone I can conveniently feed thinks he can talk to me because it's social media. God punish your father, whether dead or alive. B@stard.
Lol.. This dimwit went all the way to post a Pic I took when i joined this forum about 5 years ago. It really shows how stupid you are, infact you're even more stupid than i thought.
At least i bought the phone back then with my hard earned money and besides using an expensive phone doesn't make a stupid person less stupid using you as a good example(that's even if you're really using an expensive phone).
And please use the money you can use to "conveniently" feed me and feed your hungry mother in the village. Such a pity she gave birth to such a stupid person.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by shawante(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2023
OfficialSam:

Lol.. BTW i looked cute in that Pic tho, but how would you know when stupidity runs in your bloodline
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Margaret07(f): 7:06pm On May 22, 2023
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Loffredo: World’s Most Modified Man Has 2 Fingers Chopped Off (Graphic) / 12-Year-Old Boy Builds Mini Excavator All By Himself (Photos) / Residents Kill Three Pythons In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.