Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police (2532 Views)

I Killed My Wife Over Suspicious Text Messages On Her Phone – Husband / Ugandan Police Pictured Squeezing Women Breast During Search Operation / Lady Raises Alarm After Suspicious Man Did This To Her In Lagos Bus. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by dabonny(m): 6:29am On May 18, 2023
The police said they discovered suspicious items during a search of the home of Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti in Lagos State.

Lagos police spokesman Benjamin Hundeyin disclosed this in a tweet while responding to criticism on how police are handling the musician’s ongoing case of assault against a policeman.

Nairaland founder Seun Osewa accused the police of harrassing “Seun Kuti’s family by ransacking their home and seizing his wife’s phone is wrong.

“You are making people who were sympathetic to the police because Seun Kuti’s behaviour was despicable to remember why they hated the police before. This is bad Public Relations (PR) for the police.”

In response, Hundeyin said, “In the course of our investigation, we stumbled on certain suspicious things that needed to be proven/disproved beyond reasonable doubt.

“We, therefore, applied for and duly got a search warrant from the court which we have executed. Investigation continues.

“No law restricts the police to investigating only the initial crime. World over, Police Departments stumble on other crimes while investigating an initial crime,” Hundeyin responded.

“We are duty bound to investigate them in line with our mandate of detecting and investigating crimes.”

Seun, son of Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti was seen in a viral video slapping a policeman in Lagos State.

The Inspector General of Police, IGP Alkali Baba Usman, according to a statement from police spokesman, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi thereafter ordered the arrest of the musician.

Kuti on Monday turned himself in at the Lagos State Police command Headquarters, Ikeja accompanied by his lawyer and family representatives.

The 40-year-old musician was subsequently arrested and moved to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Panti.

On Tuesday, he was arraigned before Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun of a Magistrate’s Court in the Yaba area of Lagos State.

The Afrobeat singer was, however, granted bail but according to his lawyer, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika (SAN), he is expected to meet his bail conditions within 48 hours.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by illicit(m): 6:34am On May 18, 2023
Rizla, crusher, Igbo and lighter abi

Normal nah

shocked

5 Likes

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by dawnomike(m): 6:34am On May 18, 2023
They have opened Seun Kuti's chapter in the black book

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 6:42am On May 18, 2023
illicit:
Rizla, crusher, Igbo and lighter abi

Normal nah

shocked
these mentioned are not suspicious things.

Below looks suspicious and incriminating.

bayonet
club
dagger
halberd
lance
pike
quarterstaff
sabre
battering ram
Big Bertha
cannon
French 75
onager
culverin
German 88
Sword
Tomahawk
bola
boomerang
bow and arrow
crossbow
longbow
grapeshot
flamethrower
Greek fire
sling
spear
spear-thrower
harquebus
musket

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by KingMack(m): 6:44am On May 18, 2023
when ur papa get enemies before I'm die and dey see an opportunity to mess you upp!

But wait ooo...person slap person for highway arrest am den go in house go search

Shey dem dey whine us neh🙄🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by kelvine(m): 6:47am On May 18, 2023
This is a very bad time for Seun Kuti, he will not remain same after the ordeal.
The police will make of him a sentence to Nigerian Youths who believe they can bully the police online and possibly offline.
If you go by the law, Seun is on the wrong side and here lies the major strength of the police.

6 Likes

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by seaenergy: 6:55am On May 18, 2023
dabonny:
The police said they discovered suspicious items during a search of the home of Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti in Lagos State.

Lagos police spokesman Benjamin Hundeyin disclosed this in a tweet while responding to criticism on how police are handling the musician’s ongoing case of assault against a policeman.

Nairaland founder Seun Osewa accused the police of harrassing “Seun Kuti’s family by ransacking their home and seizing his wife’s phone is wrong.

“You are making people who were sympathetic to the police because Seun Kuti’s behaviour was despicable to remember why they hated the police before. This is bad Public Relations (PR) for the police.”

In response, Hundeyin said, “In the course of our investigation, we stumbled on certain suspicious things that needed to be proven/disproved beyond reasonable doubt.

“We, therefore, applied for and duly got a search warrant from the court which we have executed. Investigation continues.

“No law restricts the police to investigating only the initial crime. World over, Police Departments stumble on other crimes while investigating an initial crime,” Hundeyin responded.

“We are duty bound to investigate them in line with our mandate of detecting and investigating crimes.”

Seun, son of Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti was seen in a viral video slapping a policeman in Lagos State.

The Inspector General of Police, IGP Alkali Baba Usman, according to a statement from police spokesman, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi thereafter ordered the arrest of the musician.

Kuti on Monday turned himself in at the Lagos State Police command Headquarters, Ikeja accompanied by his lawyer and family representatives.

The 40-year-old musician was subsequently arrested and moved to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Panti.

On Tuesday, he was arraigned before Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun of a Magistrate’s Court in the Yaba area of Lagos State.

The Afrobeat singer was, however, granted bail but according to his lawyer, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika (SAN), he is expected to meet his bail conditions within 48 hours.

I was expecting to read about what happened before he starts slapping the security man. Abi he just see police and start slapping.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by funshint(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2023
kelvine:
This is a very bad time for Seun Kuti, he will not remain same after the ordeal.
The police will make of him a sentence to Nigerian Youths who believe they can bully the police online and possibly online.
If you go by the law, Seun is on the wrong side and here lies the major strength of the police.
Forget; this is the best time for him. Bad publicity is good publicity for people like him.
And Police is acting in illegality; how does highway clash relate to ransacking his home and collecting his wife's phone? Police are about to destroy the little sympathy the public have for them with this high-handedness.

3 Likes

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Feelfree700(m): 7:06am On May 18, 2023
Village people no dey get missed calls.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 7:07am On May 18, 2023
funshint:

Forget; this is the best time for him. Bad publicity is good publicity for people like him.
And Police is acting in illegality; how does highway clash relate to ransacking his home and collecting his wife's phone? Police are about to destroy the little sympathy the public have for them with this high-handedness.

Yes the police or any law enforcement agency have the rights by law and duly obtain warrant authorised by court to search any individual whom by social phenomenal is undoubtedly perpetuated a questionable act.

4 Likes

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by illicit(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

bayonet
club
dagger
halberd
lance
pike
quarterstaff
sabre
battering ram
Big Bertha
cannon
French 75
onager
culverin
German 88
Sword
Tomahawk
bola
boomerang
bow and arrow
crossbow
longbow
grapeshot
flamethrower
Greek fire
sling
spear
spear-thrower
harquebus
musket

Seun no be criminal nah

He is just an Igbo smoking big bird police slapping musician cum activist

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 7:19am On May 18, 2023
illicit:

Seun no be criminal nah

He is just an Igbo smoking big bird police slapping musician cum activist
And he was paraded along side other criminals. grin

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by illicit(m): 7:26am On May 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

And he was paraded along side other criminals. grin

Those are suspects u know

wink grin
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Dexy4yah(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2023
Is ok
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 7:48am On May 18, 2023
illicit:

Those are suspects u know

wink grin
Yes because they found suspicious things cheesy grin
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by funshint(m): 8:27am On May 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Yes the police or any law enforcement agency have the rights by law and duly obtain warrant authorised by court to search any individual whom by social phenomenal is undoubtedly perpetuated a questionable act.
So which court gave them the warrant to search his house and collect the wife's phone?
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 8:34am On May 18, 2023
funshint:

So which court gave them the warrant to search his house and collect the wife's phone?
I believe you can search the police pro tweets to get more information on this.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by funshint(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

I believe you can search the police pro tweets to get more information on this.
Oga! no court gave them the order.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by kelvine(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2023
Without Google I know less than 5 on the list.

MatrixReloaded:

bayonet
club
dagger
halberd
lance
pike
quarterstaff
sabre
battering ram
Big Bertha
cannon
French 75
onager
culverin
German 88
Sword
Tomahawk
bola
boomerang
bow and arrow
crossbow
longbow
grapeshot
flamethrower
Greek fire
sling
spear
spear-thrower
harquebus
musket
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Buharidgeneral: 9:57am On May 18, 2023
Hit song loading after this incident
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Blueace247(f): 10:35am On May 18, 2023
I can relate... Sentiment is involved

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Kittytom9909: 11:12am On May 18, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

bayonet
club
dagger
halberd
lance
pike
quarterstaff
sabre
battering ram
Big Bertha
cannon
French 75
onager
culverin
German 88
Sword
Tomahawk
bola
boomerang
bow and arrow
crossbow
longbow
grapeshot
flamethrower
Greek fire
sling
spear
spear-thrower
harquebus
musket

With all these mentioned... It posses him as a item collector. That's all I see here because these items can't be used naturally unless you are an hunter. Check them out.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by LeeSmart: 2:55pm On May 18, 2023
Fear person wey no fear nigeria police oo, na so wan yeye olokpa for incriminate me nd my friend last year during wan yeye stop nd search 4 ph. The police man stop us sake of say him see young men inside ride, he asked us waht we do for a living of which i didn't say anything but my friend told him wat he does. That was how the officer started accusing us of being armed robbers bla bla blah, the officer went to the back seat of my car nd planted an ak 47 riffle bullet claiming it belongs to me... They took us to the police head quaters in ph. On getting there i met with a friend of my dad who was incharge of investigation (DCP) at HQ. He asked waht brought me i narrated everything to him there nd then ask me to go home, i refused nd told him that the officer who accused me wrongly should be punished. With some few contacts in the HQs the officer was transfered frm River command to Yobe command. Heard he was caught up in de fight against insurgency nd to be honest i hav no regrets.

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by olatade(m): 7:19pm On May 18, 2023
Do the police also check homes of policemen who brutalise civilians?
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Gadafii: 10:08pm On May 18, 2023
Seun don enter Wahala like this, dem go soon involve NDLEA for him matter, then water go nearly pass garri, because they go reason how normal person go slap police 😂😂😅

But why NPF no apply this same energy chasing fulani herdsmen, boko haram
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by wirinet(m): 5:42am On May 19, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

It seems you have no idea of how a sane society is run. In an organized society law enforcement agencies do not have the rights to search your house without just cause. They cannot just be walking down the street and decide to search your house just because they have personal issues with the occupant. I also doubt they got a search warrant to search Seun's house, because they need to show just cause to a judge before he or she can authorised a search warrant. I am sure a search warrant if obtained was an afterthought. We would like to see the basis on which the search was approved by the judge.

Any lawyer fresh out of law school will te you that police cannot use a case as an excuse to start fishing for crimes. Seun commited a crime by slapping a police man, the police cannot use that excuse to start looking for drugs in his house or evidence of crime in his wife's phone. That's an abuse of authority and I hope Seun's lawyers would take that up.

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 5:50am On May 19, 2023
wirinet:

It seems you have no idea of how a sane society is run. In an organized society law enforcement agencies do not have the rights to search your house without just cause. They cannot just be walking down the street and decide to search your house just because they have personal issues with the occupant. I also doubt they got a search warrant to search Seun's house, because they need to show just cause to a judge before he or she can authorised a search warrant. I am sure a search warrant if obtained was an afterthought. We would like to see the basis on which the search was approved by the judge.

Any lawyer fresh out of law school will te you that police cannot use a case as an excuse to start fishing for crimes. Seun commited a crime by slapping a police man, the police cannot use that excuse to start looking for drugs in his house or evidence of crime in his wife's phone. That's an abuse of authority and I hope Seun's lawyers would take that up.
To digress your ignorance, that IG stop police from searching your phone publicly, same does not imply when a financial enforcement like Efcc or Icpc stops you on the streets claim they acted on intelligence and seize your gadgets, they may not request for the code but you will be detained, and they will subsequently obtain a warrant from Any jurisdiction to access your property. Your freedom is when you are clean, & corporate with them to the fullest , they are trained and humans too that have feelings, then u can get your freedom. There is no loggerhead fighting a government doing so will put you and loved ones in jeoperdy

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by wirinet(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

To digress your ignorance, that IG stop police from searching your phone publicly, same does not imply when a financial enforcement like Efcc or Icpc stops you on the streets claim they acted on intelligence and seize your gadgets, they may not request for the code but you will be detained, and they will subsequently obtain a warrant from Any jurisdiction to access your property. Your freedom is when you are clean, & corporate with them to the fullest , they are trained and humans too that have feelings, then u can get your freedom. There is no loggerhead fighting a government doing so will put you and loved ones in jeoperdy

I think that because the Nigerian government and its agencies had abused the rights of ordinary Nigerians for so long, some of you have come to see such anomalies as normal. To correct your wrong impression, the EFCC, the ICPC, the police does not have the rights to seize your gadgets without a just cause . I know that has been the norm in Nigeria, but there is no law backing it. If there was intelligence report of a suspected crime, the legal thing to do is to take that intelligence report to a court and convince a judge with it on the need for a search on your property or gadget. It is legally and morally wrong for the police, EFCC to arrest you first and then go to court to obtain a search warrant. It does no even make sense, immediate you are arrested, your criminal colleagues, friends, family will have been alerted and they will remove all evidence from your property. I have seen it happen before. A set of yahoo boys on my street was arrested indiscriminately, by the next day when police came to raid their house all evidence - laptop's, phones, documents had been removed. They found nothing incriminating. Even the evidence on the phones that was seized on them was wiped clean remotely using the cloud.
The constitution guarantees rights to privacy and that privacy can only be violated through the courts.
Furthermore the constitution assume innocence until proven guilty, so it is criminal to lock "up an "innocent" man in jail for weeks or months before a court pronouncement. What then happens if he is declared innocent? Who will pay for the lost time spent in prison?

1 Like

Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Irupetepete: 10:43am On May 19, 2023
Shai... Too much gragra leads to gragra dragging.. I hope he comes out from this drama as a responsible citizen...
You get mind dey bring a fellow man down just because his ideas doesn't suit yours?
Na you dey problem now, no be hundeyin
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by MatrixReloaded: 8:13pm On May 19, 2023
wirinet:

I think that because the Nigerian government and its agencies had abused the rights of ordinary Nigerians for so long, some of you have come to see such anomalies as normal. To correct your wrong impression, the EFCC, the ICPC, the police does not have the rights to seize your gadgets without a just cause . I know that has been the norm in Nigeria, but there is no law backing it. If there was intelligence report of a suspected crime, the legal thing to do is to take that intelligence report to a court and convince a judge with it on the need for a search on your property or gadget. It is legally and morally wrong for the police, EFCC to arrest you first and then go to court to obtain a search warrant. It does no even make sense, immediate you are arrested, your criminal colleagues, friends, family will have been alerted and they will remove all evidence from your property. I have seen it happen before. A set of yahoo boys on my street was arrested indiscriminately, by the next day when police came to raid their house all evidence - laptop's, phones, documents had been removed. They found nothing incriminating. Even the evidence on the phones that was seized on them was wiped clean remotely using the cloud.
The constitution guarantees rights to privacy and that privacy can only be violated through the courts.
Furthermore the constitution assume innocence until proven guilty, so it is criminal to lock "up an "innocent" man in jail for weeks or months before a court pronouncement. What then happens if he is declared innocent? Who will pay for the lost time spent in prison?
The bolded shows that you are far from understanding. And your statement reeks deceit and tampered your shady networks. Again, you can walk on the streets like a normal citizen, and you can be stop and query even if you have nothing on you. Nobody is above the law, nobody is above his country and nobody not even a civilian or military have freedom of information.
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by nawa4naija(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2023
V I L L A G E P E O P L E F C

AT WORK
Re: We Found ‘suspicious Things’ During Search Of Seun Kuti’s Home – Police by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2023
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

SAD END: 11 Die In Auto Crash Accident Few Hours To Christmas Day (PHOTOS) / Brazzers.com Hacked Database / 24-Yr-Old Female School Worker Loses Her Virginity To 15-year-old Student(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.