Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Factors For Choosing A Mate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Factors For Choosing A Mate (3312 Views)

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / What Factors Should A Family Consider When Hiring A Househelp? / Getting Married To Your Age mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2011
Marriage is an impossible situation made tolerable by unselfishness. Marriage takes two completely diff individuals and places them in a position to spend the rest of their lives together in the most intimate relationship we can imagine.
Before marriage becomes a reality, there must be a previously developed feeling of love or strong attractions to him/her. IMO --- The following are some of the most core common features one considers in selecting a prospective mate, you can aswell entail the factors that u consider most imperative in selecting a mate. wink

- Physical Attractiveness

- Physical Size

- Health

- Education Background

- Wealth

The aforementioned are in my Opinion, would like to know your Opinion partaining to the Factors needed to consider!
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by r231(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2011
None of the above grin
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2011
shocked shocked
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by VALIDATOR: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2011
There are only 3 factors.
1 Physical
2 Personality
3 Philosophy of life

You MUST be attracted to the person in all those 3 factors or else the relationship will be short lived or full of bumps.
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2011
^^ Bro and u're sure u not missin out on Lotz?! undecided
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2011
//
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by r231(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^^Thank you jare
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Osama10(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2011
Trust

Compatibility
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2011
^^ Those are features that get enacted in the line of the relationship, not really preferances undecided

- >>> Nice Opinion Chaircover wink

- >>> R231 whatz 'thank you' - Thought u ran outta Opinions? grin
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by N101: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2011
Mateability grin grin grin
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2011
for marriage, here is what i've written before about the person i will need to find before saying "I DO":
[b]- someone honest
- someone trustworty
- someone respectful (of us but also others)
- someone compatible (physically, mentally and sexually)
- someone intelligent
- someone emotionally ready
- someone fun
- someone driven, with goals
- someone who can communicate with you and understands you
- someone who doesnt nag all day
- someone not afraid to be herself
- someone who knows how to step away from an argument with a smile
- someone strong minded
- someone beautiful and sexy
- someone that can ride and die with you
- someone not afraid to show affection in public
- someone who wont give up trying to seduce me the day that ring is on her finger
- someone who is ready to go on dates for the rest of our lives(even after 15yrs)
- someone who can say whats on their mind (them daily "i love you" are perfect)
- someone who can listen when its needed without making it a confrontation
- someone who understands that being sexy is part of life and that if your man aint sexually attracted to you then the marriage will suffer
- someone who keep fit and who will work hard to loose the extra baby fat
[/b]
and when all these points are met, she has to be a freak in the sheets whenever required.

you see, to me, its not easy finding the right mate to marry unless a person is willing to settle for less.
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by VALIDATOR: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2011
El Guapo:

^^ Bro and u're sure u not missin out on Lotz?! undecided
Not at all bro. I have used it and I am happily married.

1 Physical - you are sexually attracted to each other
2 Personality - you are friends
3 Philosophy of life - you have the same expectations from life.

You can have a very long list of what you expect the person to be but it can always be summarized into those 3 factors.
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ValiDatoR, Ok I now get it!

@MrBrowNjaY, Bro wiv that list all i gotta tell u is 'Goodluck'
cheesy
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by ronkebp(f): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
MBJ, in all your write-up, i did not see 'the spiritual make-up of the person', abi that one too no matter ni?
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^ Maybe he's of the group that doesn't take Religion factors into consideration! undecided undecided
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 28, 2011
El Guapo:

@MrBrowNjaY, Bro wiv that list all i gotta tell u is 'Goodluck'[/color] cheesy

the first thing about marriage is that you have to be TRUE and HONEST to yourself and your future spouse. . . . . . that list is me being HONEST!!!

i am a perfectionist so if i aint got it all, i rather stay true to myself (and accept faith) while dating forever rather than settle with someone that aint got all i would need to say I DO and satisfy my needs and desires (and knowing before marriage that i will be lacking in some department).

my stand on the issue is very simple, in order for me to even remotely think that we can live happily ever after, then she MUST have all the attributes i mentioned TO THINK OF SATISFYING ME FOREVER.

ronkebp:

MBJ, in all your write-up, i did not see 'the spiritual make-up of the person', abi that one too no matter ni?
El Guapo:

^^ Maybe he's of the group that doesn't take Religion factors into consideration!  undecided undecided

so long as she passes the test (aka the list) then i dont care ONE BIT about religion. if you actually look hard enough, you will realize that some of the stuff on the list is what the bible would tell you is needed in order to have a great marriage.
RESPECT/UNDERSTANDING/CARE/HONESTY/COMPANIONSHIP

so she could be an Atheist, Muslim, Christian or even Hindu for all i care, so long as she got it all!
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2011
^^ Truly MrBrownJay u're a perfectionist! Hail thou Principles wink wink wink
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by horny4u(f): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
1. His being spiritual comes in 1st for me not religious o but someone that can think independently and extremely positive with a great imagination, that knows what it is to attract a positive lifestyle and loves himself  while treating others with the respect they deserve, someone who is credible and has integrity and loves the Almighty cos i will hate to close my eyes to meditate / pray and he will be laughing happened to me before needless to say i stopped meditating picked my things and walked ( I was not angry but deal was broken).

2. Intelligence : Nothing like a man who can mentally process info well and communicate sensibly while guiding me. He will have me asking for advise all the time.He does not have to get it right all the time but at least he is not ignorant.

3. Physical attraction and for me physical attraction  is not the face o i am not into handsome men thats like drinking tomato soup sweet but  undecided undecided I love ruggedness, muscles, strong, big, ability to wear a suit and look like a gentleman yet have a hustler mentality Jay Z not Will Smith.

4. Can spell and starts his sentences with capital letter.

5. The koko ! I cannot shout. cool grin
Re: Factors For Choosing A Mate by Busybody2(f): 1:23am On Sep 29, 2011
Genuine love cool

Integrity cool

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Always Being The One To Initiate Sex With My Wife / Octuplet Mum Gets Death Threats / One Man To One Woman 'monogamy' Is Stu;pid - Akon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.