Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Ihraf Condemns Civilian Displacement In Sudanese Civil War - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ihraf Condemns Civilian Displacement In Sudanese Civil War (146 Views)

African Human Rights Playwriting Prize: Ihraf Unveils Judges / IHRAF Motivated Me To Put More Effort Into My Writing - Grace Suge / IHRAF Is My Pathfinder - Buwaso Ibrahim Razack, Ugandan Poet-in-exile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ihraf Condemns Civilian Displacement In Sudanese Civil War by synw: 9:34am On May 18, 2023
IHRAF CONDEMNS CIVILIAN DISPLACEMENT IN SUDANESE CIVIL WAR
The African Chapter of the International Human Rights Art Festival (IHRAF) has expressed its deep concern and condemns the ongoing displacement of civilians in the Sudanese Civil War. The innocent people of Sudan continue to suffer the devastating consequences of this conflict, with displacement becoming a harrowing reality for countless individuals and families. IHRAF called upon all parties involved to prioritize the protection of civilians and adhere to international human rights standards.
In a statement issued by Wole Adedoyin, one of the Directors of IHRAF in Africa said, as an organization dedicated to promoting and defending human rights through the arts, IHRAF believes that every individual has the right to live in peace, security, and dignity. The forced displacement of civilians not only violates these fundamental rights but also perpetuates a cycle of violence and instability, hindering any prospects for sustainable peace in Sudan.
The scale of civilian displacement witnessed in Sudan is alarming, with millions of people forced to flee their homes in search of safety and refuge. These internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees face numerous challenges, including limited access to basic necessities such as food, clean water, healthcare, and education. The situation is particularly dire for women, children, and vulnerable populations who are disproportionately affected by the conflict.
IHRAF calls on all parties to immediately cease hostilities and prioritize the protection of civilians. It is imperative that the Sudanese government, armed groups, and international actors take decisive action to halt the displacement of innocent people. IHRAF urged the Sudanese authorities to provide safe havens and humanitarian assistance to those affected, ensuring their rights are respected and their needs are met.
Furthermore, IHRAF calls upon the international community to intensify efforts to address the humanitarian crisis resulting from the Sudanese Civil War. Increased financial support, humanitarian aid, and diplomatic engagement are urgently needed to alleviate the suffering of displaced civilians and provide them with the necessary resources for survival and eventual rehabilitation.
IHRAF also emphasizes the importance of accountability for human rights violations committed during the conflict. Perpetrators must be held responsible for their actions, and justice should be pursued for all victims. It is essential that national and international mechanisms are strengthened to ensure the prosecution of those responsible for grave human rights abuses.
In line with IHRAF’s commitment to utilizing the arts as a vehicle for social change, IHRAF encourages artists, cultural activists, and human rights defenders to raise awareness about the plight of displaced Sudanese civilians. Through their creativity and advocacy, they can shed light on the suffering endured by those affected and contribute to fostering empathy, understanding, and solidarity within the international community.
IHRAF remains committed to supporting initiatives that promote dialogue, reconciliation, and sustainable peace in Sudan. IHRAF stand in solidarity with the people of Sudan, particularly those who have been forcibly displaced and called on all stakeholders to work together towards a just and lasting resolution to the conflict.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Supply Me Hard Copies Of Sidney Sheldon Novels? / Where Can I Get My Kindle Fixed In Lagos? / 20 Helpful Tips For Writing A Dissertation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.