Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. (23289 Views)

Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by sylve11: 4:29pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
The kpokpomandiga and soda.
In warri we call it kpokpomandiga I don't know the English name.

Madiga not madinga cool

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by sylve11: 4:32pm On May 18, 2023
4tomandchi:
Are these cassava or yams?

Here in the North if we harvest this sizes of yams we we use them seedlings for the next farming season.

grin cool
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by slam7000(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2023
RepoMan007:

Please research the value of yam in cote d'voire. Abidjan and see how we are punishing ourselves in Nigeria because of retrogressive think/farming and greed.

Yam is like garri over there and cheaper than zobo. Just research it online small.

23k will get you far far more than what 10 tubers of yams can ever achieve in hungerland.

Would you travel to cote d voire to buy yam?..

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by sylve11: 4:34pm On May 18, 2023
obailala:
Kpokpo-Madiga... grin Like play like play, this thing doesn't exist outside Warri.

It does exist outside Warri, but all in Delta state. cool
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Dancebreaker: 4:34pm On May 18, 2023
PeterTinubu:
Ahnie,are you okay?

Are you okay,ahnie?

Smooth criminal. Ahooo! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by obailala(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2023
Edipet:
I think say na soap
Haha... No I meant the bread-like snack at the top, not the soda soap at the bottom.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by alyarmouk(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
Painment was when I went to purchase tubers and got the shocker of my life,the tubers are shared into 10 pieces,and the prices varies.

There was one I priced the seller called 10pieces for 23k.
Yam is not your mate.

If I buy 10pieces of yam for 23k,how much I go come gain?

I waka sotey my legs con dey pain me.

If you are into the business.. consider buying from Benue state, or Wukari/Ibi in Taraba state.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Pk01(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:

Your head dey there,you really be area.especially esi-foniyan
ahnie can we do business? ..let me be supplying yam ,sweetpotatoes down here from the north . And you help sale there down the east?. sort of business partners.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Passionate888: 4:55pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
This is the infamous faith academy ugbolu and some lakeside hotel.

Why's it infamous?
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by akpascomartino: 4:58pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
The kpokpomandiga and soda.
In warri we call it kpokpomandiga I don't know the English name.
This what we call akpubundu. Cassava na life
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by itsene: 4:58pm On May 18, 2023
RepoMan007:

Please research the value of yam in cote d'voire. Abidjan and see how we are punishing ourselves in Nigeria because of retrogressive think/farming and greed.

Yam is like garri over there and cheaper than zobo. Just research it online small.

23k will get you far far more than what 10 tubers of yams can ever achieve in hungerland.
Go to Benue and see sweet yam.

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by akpascomartino: 5:00pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:

Likely...not really sure,maybe others could help.
Is in Delta State. After there you have : Illah, Ebu ( my home town)
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Maryam1234(f): 5:01pm On May 18, 2023
4tomandchi:
Are these cassava or yams?

Here in the North if we harvest this sizes of yams we we use them seedlings for the next farming season.

I be no want talk but why you force word out of my mouth grin

Make I hear say I use money buy this kinda yam I'd rather eat Irish all through till next harvest.

May God forgive US for complaining over here whenever we are out shopping because those in the South are passing through "WORST" scenario cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Oluwaseunbandur: 5:03pm On May 18, 2023
RepoMan007:

All this crops are cost due to insecurities, Fulani hearders disturbing farmers. Na who get mind dey go farm

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by akpascomartino: 5:10pm On May 18, 2023
adubam:

Very beautiful community. Is it in Delta North?
Is in Delta State Oshimili North lga. After there you have : Illah, Ebu ( my home town)

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by RepoMan007: 5:15pm On May 18, 2023
itsene:

Go to Benue and see sweet yam.
plenty but costly unlike ivory coast.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by RepoMan007: 5:16pm On May 18, 2023
slam7000:

Would you travel to cote d voire to buy yam?..

if I remember correctly, during tomato Ebola of around 2017 a naitalander travelled to CAR to buy tomatoes in bulk.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Ignatio(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2023
10k This was 3k last year at cable market. Or maybe it's not season yet.

ahnie:
I tried buying a bag of potatoes,and I was told it's 10k(when m not mad)

I asked the mama how much are those portioned ones sold she said it's 1000.

I priced the bagged potatoes for 7k,she turned down my request,so I movvvved.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by adubam(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2023
akpascomartino:

Is in Delta State Oshimili North lga. After there you have : Illah, Ebu ( my home town)

Beautiful place indeed.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:08pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
So guys,I embarked on another eventful trip to ugbolu market in Delta state,which is a rural market to buy tubers of yam again,but to be honest with you they re very pricey.

It's seems like these villagers has wisened up more than us that resides in the city.
The prices of commodities has skyrocketed,I pity the common man.

One major problems I encountered was the monetary exchange,as I didn't go with cash,and majority of the villagers wants cash,I told the lady to pls allow me make transfer to her acct,she pointed a POS lady to me who's charges were high.
grin
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Horllamideh(m): 6:18pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
I tried buying a bag of potatoes,and I was told it's 10k(when m not mad)

I asked the mama how much are those portioned ones sold she said it's 1000.

I priced the bagged potatoes for 7k,she turned down my request,so I movvvved.
A flour sack full here in ilorin is 6-7k
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by paix(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
Am on my way home to other markets..would upload the sizes of the tubers I got.

Time nor dey to waste.

Life of. an hustler grin grin grin
God go bless your hustling.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by paix(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2023
GeneralPulal:
What are you trying to prove here? sad

Why canโ€™t you show whatever you wanna show clearly..
The upstairs or the downstairs?
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by dangermouse(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2023
PeterTinubu:
Ahnie,are you okay?

Are you okay,ahnie?

grin that's my fav line from the Michael Jackson song the smooth criminal shocked

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by GeneralPulal: 7:12pm On May 18, 2023
lavylilly:
That's she available if you wish to shoot your shot send her a dm
Hbu?
You available too?

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by ahnie: 8:19pm On May 18, 2023
paix:
God go bless your hustling.
Awwwwww,amen uncle.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Graficient: 10:09pm On May 18, 2023
ahnie:
Painment was when I went to purchase tubers and got the shocker of my life,the tubers are shared into 10 pieces,and the prices varies.

Yam is not your mate.

How much for the potatoes? I was actually at ugbolo today, but I couldn't leave what I was doing to visit the market
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by ahnie: 10:13pm On May 18, 2023
Graficient:

How much for the potatoes? I was actually at ugbolo today, but I couldn't leave what I was doing to visit the market
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by grandstar(m): 3:23am On May 19, 2023
ahnie:

Yam is not your mate.

Delta state is not a yam state. If you want cheap yams, then target Benue.

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by joelison(m): 3:44am On May 19, 2023
adubam:

Very beautiful community. Is it in Delta North?

That's my village, oshimili north In delta north SD.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Bigchristo: 4:40am On May 19, 2023
ahnie:

Your head dey there,you really be area.especially esi-foniyan
Yes ooo๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Re: My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. by Cantonese: 7:40am On May 19, 2023
ahnie:

Yam is not your mate.

You wan go resell am before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Send And Receive Payment Online Internationally In Nigeria / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil / 5 Dangerous Mindsets That Can Hurt You On The Long Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.