Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? (10200 Views)

Ramadan 14442AH: Countries With Shortest And Longest Fasting Period (pics) / Making Food During The Mourning Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Musty112: 6:19pm On May 19, 2023
Alamkir:

How is committing suicide ur predestined time to die. Kindly explain

Have you ever heard of botched suicide attempt? Or the man tagged as the luckiest alive? Or those whose survival is beyond any medical reasoning?
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Nobody: 4:20am On May 20, 2023
Musty112:

Have you ever heard of botched suicide attempt? Or the man tagged as the luckiest alive? Or those whose survival is beyond any medical reasoning?

Sharap
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Haines: 10:15am On May 20, 2023
niyi123:
Salam alaekum waramotullahi Wabarakatuhu

Please, I have posted here sometimes ago that I am sincerely interested in meeting a devoted Muslim sister, well, It seems there are no single Muslim sister any longer. I am becoming tired looking for Muslim single sister to marry. I know I am over due for this for now, I could not progress career wise because there is no focus again as marriage is my priority.
Though, there was a sister that message me through one of my post here but due to genotype and blood group incompatibility, we could not go further.
I base in Lagos, I am public servant with Lagos State government.
Any sister from any tribe between 24- 30years will be appreciated
I am AS, interested in AA genotype
I need a niqab sister or anyone that dress modestly in the public.
She must be a caring, God fearing and supportive sister.
07035549961- sms/calls

Wa'alaykum salaam warahmotulahi brother as you can see this forum is not a matchmaking site. So if you are truly looking for who to marry is better you meet your local imam or any other muslimeen in your area that will help you to get what you are looking for.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2023
kingthreat:
What if someone chooses to make his time now and set himself on fire?

You don't know your time in the first place.

If you were able to set fire to yourself and die then that was your time!
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2023
inoki247:
Death is a Necessity if u escape today one day is coming you won't escape...

You can't escape what is meant for you!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2023
Alamkir:
just for the fact that Allah knows when and how we are going to die doesn't mean he predestined it that way, this contradict the free will giving to us by Allah. Some death like suicide, accident are man made, due to innovation of man, eg car, plane, war. that's why spirit of people who die sudden death Rome the earth till their actual time is up

That is not true!

What is meant by al-qadar is that Allah has decreed all things from eternity and knows that they will happen at times that are known to Him, and in specific ways, and that He has written that and willed it, and they happen according to what He has decreed.

Belief in al-qadar is based on four things:
Knowledge, i.e., that Allah knows what His creation will do, by virtue of His eternal knowledge.
Writing, i.e., that Allah has written the destiny of all creatures in al-Lawh al-Mahfuz.
Will, i.e., that what Allah wills happens and what He does not will does not happen. There is no movement in the heavens or on earth but it happens by His will.
Creation and formation, i.e., that Allah is the Creator of all things, including the actions of His slaves. They do their actions in a real sense, and He is the Creator of them and of their actions.
Whoever believes in these four believes in al-qadar.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2023
Princessdainty:
Was Deborah destined to die ?

Yes, she was.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2023
barbstee:
Jazakumullahu khayr

I would have loved to ask a question though
angry
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:24am On May 24, 2023
juman:
Those spiritualist can see death coming.

I wanted to travel one day, I was with one alfa, he said somebody would die the day I planned to travel.
I asked him if the person would be me, he said no. Alfa did not know who would be.
A close friend died that day. He complained of hbp issue before.
I was told latter that I could have prevented the incident by asking the alfa what can be done to prevent it.

But in some issues alfa may say nothing can be done.

Those are not "Alfas" but Dibia/Babalawo fortune tellers!

It has been reported by Imām Muslim in his Saheeh from some of the wives of the Prophet (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) that he said: “Whoever comes to a fortune-teller and asks him regarding an affair and then believes in what he says, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” Muslim

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu ‘anhu) also narrated that the Prophet (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “Whoever comes to a fortune-teller and believes in that which he says then he has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam).” Abu Dawud

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:25am On May 24, 2023
Alamkir:

He knows about one's intention to commit suicide but did he create u and predestined u to kill Urself. Its ur choice that's why suicide is a sin

The belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jama'ah is that a person has freedom of will , and hence he will be rewarded or punished. But his will is subject to the will of Allah, and nothing can take place in the universe that is not willed by Allah.

What some people say, that we have the choice to follow whatever path we want but at the end of this path you will find what Allah has decreed for you, is a correct view. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful” [al-Insan 76:3]

“And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?” [al-Balad 90:10]

“And say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve” [al-Kahf 18:29]

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by juman(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

Those are not "Alfas" but Dibia/Babalawo fortune tellers!

It has been reported by Imām Muslim in his Saheeh from some of the wives of the Prophet (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) that he said: “Whoever comes to a fortune-teller and asks him regarding an affair and then believes in what he says, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” Muslim

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu ‘anhu) also narrated that the Prophet (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “Whoever comes to a fortune-teller and believes in that which he says then he has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam).” Abu Dawud

Ifa knowledge is like internet.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2023
juman:

Ifa knowledge is like internet.

How is it like internet?

Internet includes no Kufr (disbelief in Allah)!
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Princessdainty(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

Yes, she was.
by your people burning her alive?
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by juman(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

How is it like internet?

Internet includes no Kufr (disbelief in Allah)!

Ifa is not religion but scientific knowledge.
Go and read about it.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by juman(m): 1:58pm On May 24, 2023
Is death destined?
Many Nigerians will say yes.
Murphy afolabi died of malaria. MALARIA.
May be there were underlined sickness or he used fake anti malaria drugs.
He died at his appointed time.
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Alamkir: 2:23pm On May 24, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

The belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jama'ah is that a person has freedom of will , and hence he will be rewarded or punished. But his will is subject to the will of Allah, and nothing can take place in the universe that is not willed by Allah.

What some people say, that we have the choice to follow whatever path we want but at the end of this path you will find what Allah has decreed for you, is a correct view. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful” [al-Insan 76:3]

“And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?” [al-Balad 90:10]

“And say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve” [al-Kahf 18:29]

OK, I understand ur view and respect it, but experience has thought me otherwise, how i interpret those verses above is obviously different from yours
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Alamkir: 2:39pm On May 24, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

That is not true!

What is meant by al-qadar is that Allah has decreed all things from eternity and knows that they will happen at times that are known to Him, and in specific ways, and that He has written that and willed it, and they happen according to what He has decreed.

Belief in al-qadar is based on four things:
Knowledge, i.e., that Allah knows what His creation will do, by virtue of His eternal knowledge.
Writing, i.e., that Allah has written the destiny of all creatures in al-Lawh al-Mahfuz.
Will, i.e., that what Allah wills happens and what He does not will does not happen. There is no movement in the heavens or on earth but it happens by His will.
Creation and formation, i.e., that Allah is the Creator of all things, including the actions of His slaves. They do their actions in a real sense, and He is the Creator of them and of their actions.
Whoever believes in these four believes in al-qadar.

The issue of predestiny is obviously bigger than we can comprehend. There is alot Allah didn't show us so it doesn't cause more confusion. I dnt want to go further so it doesn't seem like am blaspheming but destiny does change with prayers as well, that's why we are encouraged to call on Allah for our needs right? What Allah does not will doesn't happen but that doesn't mean Allah will every little thing that happen that would mean Allah control all our actions and if he does, wouldn't that mean that no one will goto jahanam since it would mean that Allah is d one that make us do evil
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2023
Alamkir:

The issue of predestiny is obviously bigger than we can comprehend. There is alot Allah didn't show us so it doesn't cause more confusion. I dnt want to go further so it doesn't seem like am blaspheming but destiny does change with prayers as well, that's why we are encouraged to call on Allah for our needs right? What Allah does not will doesn't happen but that doesn't mean Allah will every little thing that happen that would mean Allah control all our actions and if he does, wouldn't that mean that no one will goto jahanam since it would mean that Allah is d one that make us do evil

We are encouraged to call on Allah in our supplications but this will only change the destiny that Allah has willed to be changed! Allah has absolute knowledge that you will make a supplication later in life that He would accept!

And the fact is Allah create us and what we create!

Belief in destiny and fate is one of the basic beliefs of Islam. It means that Allaah is the Knower of all things and the Creator of all things; nothing exists outside of His will and decree. He wrote down all things with Him in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Preserved Tablet), and this was fifty thousand years before He created the universe. Everything in the universe, every creature and the things it does, is the creation of Allaah. Whatever He wills happens, and whatever He does not will does not happen. If something happens to a person, it could not have missed him, and if something does not happen to him, it could not have happened to him. A person is not forced to obey or disobey Allaah – he has free will as befits his state, but it is subject to the will of the Creator. And Allaah knows best..

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said, explaining the view of Ahl al-Sunnah with regard to man’s deeds:
“People act in a real sense, and Allah is the Creator of their actions. A person may be a believer or a kafir, righteous or immoral, he may pray and fast. People have control over their actions, and they have their own will, and Allah is the Creator of their control and will, as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight. And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allah wills, the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)” [al-Takwir 81:28-29]” (al-Wasitiyyah ma’a Sharh Harras, p. 65)
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2023
Alamkir:

OK, I understand ur view and respect it, but experience has thought me otherwise, how i interpret those verses above is obviously different from yours

What has experience thought you about destiny?
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2023
juman:

Ifa is not religion but scientific knowledge.
Go and read about it.

Ifa is not science!

You'll never see any Professor in Sciences look like any Ifa practitioners!

What's scientific about Ifa?
It's simply falsehood and guess work!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2023
Princessdainty:
by your people burning her alive?

Did you see "my people" do it?
Bring your proofs?
Re: Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? by Alamkir: 7:27pm On May 27, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

What has experience thought you about destiny?

Don't worry about that, it's a personal experience, I will keep them between me and Allah so it doesn't contradict what is already written

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is A Dayooth (cuckold) Man? / Powerful Tips For The Last 10 Nights of ramadan / Ruling On Writing Research And Essays And Selling It To The Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.