Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? (1112 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Workch: 7:41pm On May 18, 2023
I saw a thread Today a guy who got uncomfortable with his mother inlaw having to come to his house too frequently.

So it crossed my mind, while some People really cherish their privacy, I as a person will not mind to have my mother inlaw come stay with me as it has its own advantages (I am not saying there are no disadvantages).

So the question is, your mom or your mother inlaw, who will you prefer to come stay with your family if one of them has to live in your house a as a man?

For me, I will prefer my mother inlaw for many reasons. It's not like my mom is a bad person, she's a very good woman but I will not have her come stay in my house because women like to compete with themselves irrespective of age differences. No matter how nice your mom and wife will be, they will have differences at some point that can lead to altercation. It's impossible to keep two women with different backgrounds under the same roof without some sort of issues.
As a man, it's your responsibility to manage them with wisdom.

1.You are more likely to observe more altercations between your mom and your wife than between your wife and her mom.

2. Altercations between your mom and your wife is more difficult to manage than when it's between your wife and her mom. You cannot obviously take sides when this issue is between your mom and your wife because women are more emotional hence less logical than men, they will allow emotions ruin everything if you take sides.
You can easily caution both parties freely if the issue is between your wife and her mom without anyone of them feeling that you are taking undue sides.

So for me, I will rather avoid too much wahala and have my mother inlaw stay. So how about you?

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Bahamas95(m): 7:49pm On May 18, 2023
NONE!

I don't joke with my privacy, women are too dramatic. Even if your mum is very nice she might clash with your wife someday, it's just a question of time. As for my mother inlaw I don't want a situation where two women would gang up against me in my house.

Any slight issue with my wife could result to something else based on monitoring spirit things.

They should remain in their houses, distance won't stop me from being a good son or son inlaw.

4 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Unseen(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2023
In every man's house, the only person that's not his blood is the wife....

In every married woman's house, the only person that's not her blood is the husband.

No woman will choose your mother over her mother.... LEARN!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Workch: 7:53pm On May 18, 2023
Bahamas95:
NONE!

I don't joke with my privacy.
some people are like that. Me I don't really mind Sha.
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Workch: 7:55pm On May 18, 2023
Unseen:
In every man's house, the only person that's not his blood is the wife....

In every married woman's house, the only person that's not her blood is the husband.

No woman will choose your mother over her mother.... LEARN!!!
you are not getting it, because my mom will not stay with me does not mean I am placing her mom over mine. I am placing the stability of my home over both moms.
As a man, you want to build a family and a stable home and you need leave emotions to do that.

To build a stable home, you will have a lot of challenges having your mom and your wife live together than your wife and her mom. It's all about you and your home now, some moms can legit unintentionally scatter your home
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Unseen(m): 8:01pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
you are not getting it, because my mom will not stay with me does not mean I am picking her mom over mine.
As a man, you want to build a family and a stable home and you need leave emotions to do that.

To build a stable home, you will have a lot of challenges having your mom and your wife live together than your wife and her mom

If your mum won't stay with you, then nobody will.
If your wife does not want her own mother to stay with her, she will rather not choose at all than choose your mother.

The option should never be between your mom and hers ...
The option should be either your mom or nobody

LEARN!!!

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Workch: 8:05pm On May 18, 2023
Unseen:

If your wife does not want her own mother to stay with her, she will rather not choose at all than choose your mother.

LEARN!!!
nope, if I must choose. I will choose my mother inlaw.

There's nothing to learn, you can't build a home with this mentality. Better stay single

4 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Unseen(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2023
Workch:
nope, if I must choose. I will choose my mother inlaw.

There's nothing to learn, you can't build a home with this mentality. Better stay single

When you fail to learn, you perish ...... It is what it is

2 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by oyebanji44: 8:11pm On May 18, 2023
My brother. .you must learn to control ur wife not by flogging or giving her red eye but by ur word and action.

First of all..whenever your mother is around you draw ur wife closer and say to her that so and so date my mum will be with us and thru out that period you ( wife )must muster all calmness, decency and decorum just for dat period

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Evestar200(f): 8:11pm On May 18, 2023
None.

What happened to their house? There is nothing like privacy in marriage where you have to do things without thinking about how the third party will feel.

I know my Mom, she won't even think of living with her married children. She has said several times that she doesn't like it.

She even told us that my Grandmother doesn't stay more than two days in their house during childbirth because she said is not good to stay in the inlaws' house.

2 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nazgul: 8:26pm On May 18, 2023
None.

I value my privacy, peace of mind and mental health.

3 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Offpointng: 8:28pm On May 18, 2023
Unseen:

When you fail to learn, you perish ...... It is what it is

I see so much how you're trying to make him have sense but he's adamantly refusing. pvssies like Workch are guys that'd come here later to rant bout how his wife and her mother is this and that to him in his own home bla bla. Imagine what the fo-ol is saying?? he'd rather choose his mother inlaw over his mom for peace to reign??

Biko if your wife cannot live peaceably with your mother, who on Earth would she live in peace with? Yoruba use to say "Ile oko ile eko ni" meaning "the home of the husband is a home to learn" If OP doesn't repent on time, i see him perishing the Saint Obi way, detaching himself from everyone cuz of his wife now the wife later left him and the relationship he's broken cuz of a woman now seem hard to repair

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Solofresh2: 8:33pm On May 18, 2023
My mum and my wife's mum can come anytime they like as long as they are not holding me from doing anything I like in my house and sleeping with my own wife

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by donbachi(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2023
No be who go come or not.
You get money for their transport back home.
E dey cause see finish
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 19, 2023
None undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03am On May 19, 2023
Unseen:

LEARN!!!

NONE

if there is no illness

they should stay at their homes and play with their age mates period

The rest is regular visits

The honest truth is no daughter in law or son in law what to stay with in laws for a long time.

Your freedom to be yourself is capped when their around, you would act and behave to pliz them, there are certian things that can be fine with your and hubby/wife but wont be tolerated by in laws due to generational gap

So let not determine personal/couples freedom it important for a couples

No matter how good is your in laws, your relaxation with them and while with hubby/wife is total different
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 3:08am On May 19, 2023
Workch:
you are not getting it, because my mom will not stay with me does not mean I am placing her mom over mine. I am placing the stability of my home over both moms.

To build a stable home, you will have a lot of challenges having your mom and your wife live together than your wife and her mom. It's all about you and your home now, some moms can legit unintentionally scatter your home

Also, you are prioritizing your mental health.

You have to deal with issues that does not concern you everyday if you allow any of these people stay with you.
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:19am On May 19, 2023
Workch:

You're actually the one that's not getting it, not the other guy above.

If you really want stability in your home, why would you prefer to have 2 women who would most likely gang up against you?

The best thing in this case is to avoid both the mother and mother inlaw.

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:19am On May 19, 2023
Workch:
I saw a thread Today a guy who got uncomfortable with his mother inlaw having to come to his house too frequently.

So it crossed my mind, while some People really cherish their privacy, I as a person will not mind to have my mother inlaw come stay with me as it has its own advantages (I am not saying there are no disadvantages).

So the question is, your mom or your mother inlaw, who will you prefer to come stay with your family if one of them has to live in your house a as a man?

For me, I will prefer my mother inlaw for many reasons. It's not like my mom is a bad person, she's a very good woman but I will not have her come stay in my house because women like to compete with themselves irrespective of age differences. No matter how nice your mom and wife will be, they will have differences at some point that can lead to altercation. It's impossible to keep two women with different backgrounds under the same roof without some sort of issues.
As a man, it's your responsibility to manage them with wisdom.

1.You are more likely to observe more altercations between your mom and your wife than between your wife and her mom.

2. Altercations between your mom and your wife is more difficult to manage than when it's between your wife and her mom. You cannot obviously take sides when this issue is between your mom and your wife because women are more emotional hence less logical than men, they will allow emotions ruin everything if you take sides.
You can easily caution both parties freely if the issue is between your wife and her mom without anyone of them feeling that you are taking undue sides.

So for me, I will rather avoid too much wahala and have my mother inlaw stay. So how about you?

yourself, before you choose who to live with between your mother and mother in law, did your own mother or your mother in law lived with their mother or mother in laws? and was it really ok for them, under normal circumstances whereby they their own homes and are not sick

The reason am asking is this there are mothers and mother in laws who want to live with their married children but they wouldnt want to live with their mothers and mother in laws in their own married houses

Then why would think its ok to for their own children to take them in when themselves wouldnt want to live in the same condition
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:30am On May 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You're actually the one that's not getting it, not the other guy above.

If you really want stability in your home, why would you prefer to have 2 women who would most likely gang up against you?

The best thing in this case is to avoid both the mother and mother inlaw.

very true, the same a man can do, gang up on his wife with his mum

reality is sometimes we feel that he and his mum are ganging up or she and her mum
are ganging up

so to avoid this thoughts let the two mother not be around, visits yes and with exception of illness
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Unseen(m): 6:31am On May 19, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

if there is no illness

they should stay at their homes and play with their age mates period

The rest is regular visits

The honest truth is no daughter in law or son in law what to stay with in laws for a long time.

Your freedom to be yourself is capped when their around, you would act and behave to pliz them, there are certian things that can be fine with your and hubby/wife but wont be tolerated by in laws due to generational gap

So let not determine personal/couples freedom it important for a couples

No matter how good is your in laws, your relaxation with them and while with hubby/wife is total different

Read the topic. It says who would you prefer to live with you
And not
Should any of them live with you.
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2023
Unseen:

Read the topic. It says who would you prefer to live with you
And not
Should any of them live with you.

Forgot to put NONE

the rest i was explaining what i would take as an exception and views why am against in laws
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 6:56am On May 19, 2023
None... I'm an adult now and I don't need any mother or mother in law to babysit me.

I value my peace and privacy, and I want to enjoy my man in peace without having to worry about my mother or mother in law walking in on us and disturbing us.

I'm also against the idea of my siblings coming to live with me, as long as we have our own family house, I expect them to live there when they don't have anywhere else to go.

2 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 6:59am On May 19, 2023
I had allowed my MIL to live with us for 5 years and that was the biggest mistake that almost cost my marriage. Had some issues in her marriage and me being compassionate had allowed her to move in.
Mind you wouldn't have my own mom to move into my home.

I was very nice at the beginning and always ready to please all the inlaws but was taken for granted and seriously had my mental health affected.

At some point we almost physically punched each other before she left and i let her know she is not welcome to stay or pass the night in my home anymore.

Do not allow anyone to live in your home for the sake of peace and your mental health.

Now, i always set boundaries to avoid conflict in my home.

4 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 6:59am On May 19, 2023
Skyview01:
I had allowed my MIL to live with us for 5 years and that was the biggest mistake that almost cost my marriage. Had some issues in her marriage and me being compassionate had allowed her to move in.
Mind you wouldn't have my own mom to move into my home.

I was very nice at the onset and always ready to please all the inlaws but was taken for granted and seriously had my mental health affected.

At some point we almost physically punched each other before she left and i let her know she is not welcome to stay or pass the night in my home anymore.

Do not allow anyone to live in your home for the sake of peace and your mental health.

Now, i always set boundaries to avoid conflict in my home.
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by cococandy(f): 8:28am On May 19, 2023

because women are more emotional hence less logical than men, they will allow emotions ruin everything if you take sides.

Never pass up an opportunity to sprinkle in some good old misogyny in every post or thread.

Where would the flavor come from if we don’t say something insulting about women? 😨

2 Likes

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Nobody: 9:48am On May 19, 2023
None.

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Mindlog: 10:09am On May 19, 2023
None.

They both have their homes and should stay there, except for occasional visits

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by DearGorgeous(f): 1:20pm On May 19, 2023
"Therefore, shall a man leave his mother and father, and shall cleave unto his wife, and the two shall become ONE"! Genesis 2:22 and Mark 10:7-8 KJV

Therefore, NONE! They should stay in their husband's house while I stay in mine. They can only visit and go back.

I thank God my mother is a very busy woman. She rarely has time leaving her business, not to mention going about inconveniencing her married children, unless when they put to bed. It's even with abeg that she can spend more than a month in their houses.

And none of us siblings live with our married siblings. We give them their maximum privacy in their marriage. We don't impose on them unless we're invited.

So mother-in-law and other in-laws should please take note.

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Pootle: 1:50pm On May 19, 2023
none, you getting married is to start a new family of your own
Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Octopusssy(f): 8:26pm On May 19, 2023
None. Let everyone stay in their houses. They have lived theirs. Let me live mine

1 Like

Re: Mom Or Mother Inlaw, Who Would You Prefer To Live With You? by Mmirinma: 9:42pm On May 19, 2023
My mother in law can stay with us. Mumsy will never believe you are grown and will keep treating you like a kid. Mum in law met you as an adult and will respect you if you respect her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Updated Cost Of Living In Lagos (Food, Housing And Transport) Accurate? / Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife / Parents:would U Allow Ur Grownup Daughters And Sons To Live Together In A Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.