Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria (68646 Views)

States Less Popular Than Their Capitals / Nigerian State Capitals That Are More Popular Than Their States / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2023
BossGerald:

Everybody knows that, pls stop lying
If you call Ibadan slum, that means Lagos is slum considering Ajegule and all those other gutter places in Lagos
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:09pm On May 22, 2023
Workch:
Ikeja is not even more developed than owerri. Not to talk of port harcourt.

I an swear that you have never been to Port Harcourt
It's 2023 and there's someone, a Nigerian for that matter that thinks there's a state more developed than Lagos..... Damm!!! There's a lot of education to be done

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:20pm On May 22, 2023
GetSenseNow:

The honest truth is that Lagos is the only manageable region in the entire South West, which is why every yoruba man claims Lagos.

Ibadan is on the same level as Kwara state, but we're not ready for this conversation
A quick search on the Internet and you will be convinced Ibadan is among Top 5 out of all the 36
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BossGerald: 10:51pm On May 22, 2023
alphabbey1:
If you call Ibadan slum, that means Lagos is slum considering Ajegule and all those other gutter places in Lagos

Lagos is a state, Ibadan is not
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 6:35am On May 23, 2023
BossGerald:

Lagos is a state, Ibadan is not
More reason why it's belittling and berating to compare ikeja to the whole of Ibadan in the first place...

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 7:26am On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:
It's 2023 and there's someone, a Nigerian for that matter that thinks there's a state more developed than Lagos..... Damm!!! There's a lot of education to be done
you lack ability to reason. I didn't say there's a state more developed than lagos, I said there are capitals more developed than Ikeja.
You failed comprehension in school

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Modsarefools(f): 8:08am On May 23, 2023
Dittodat:
Awka is the worst that I have ever seen. Basically looks like a village.
You haven't been to Awka before, just shut up.

Awka is 10x better than any of those slums in the south-waste.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2023
Workch:
you lack ability to reason. I didn't say there's a state more developed than lagos, I said there are capitals more developed than Ikeja.
You failed comprehension in school

This is nothing but pure hatred If you think Owerri or any Capital in that region is more developed than Ikeja. Have you seen whole of Ikeja before, what more development are you expecting from that city ? Little to zero bad road, everywhere is littered with traffic light. No matter where you reside in Ikeja, there's banks, hospitals, and companies near you... Is that same for the Owerri you are comparing to Ikeja ?...

Not to even go far, which shopping mall in Owerri is better than Ikeja City Mall ?
Not to even talk of the fact there's International Airport in that same ikeja you are comparing to the Owerri.... Bro, it's a total insult to even put Owerri and ikeja in same sentence....

No matter where you are in Nigeria, you will have a reason to come to Ikeja, state one reason that will make me come to Owerri. Just state one freaking good thing in Owerri that will make me wanna come...... it was even in this page I remember there's a city called Owerri
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BossGerald: 9:40am On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:
More reason why it's belittling and berating to compare ikeja to the whole of Ibadan in the first place...

So you mean Ibadan is also more developed than ikeja??
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 9:45am On May 23, 2023
BossGerald:

So you mean Ibadan is also more developed than ikeja??
ikeja is too small and too rich not to be more developed than Ibadan.... I have no issues with saying ikeja is more developed than Ibadan, Just don't call Ibadan slummy. Ibadan is not only Beere and Oje and roads in those places are still adequately tarred....
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BossGerald: 12:18pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:
ikeja is too small and too rich not to be more developed than Ibadan.... I have no issues with saying ikeja is more developed than Ibadan, Just don't call Ibadan slummy. Ibadan is not only Beere and Oje and roads in those places are still adequately tarred....

You see your hypocrisy? Small is rich and more developed than Ibadan according to you but small Anambra can not be richer and developed than Ibadan?

Talk of double standard
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2023
BossGerald:

You see your hypocrisy? Small is rich and more developed than Ibadan according to you but small Anambra can not be richer and developed than Ibadan?

Talk of double standard
You are quoting the wrong person. The base of argument was ibadan you referred to as Slum.
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BossGerald: 12:37pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

You are quoting the wrong person. The base of argument was ibadan you referred to as Slum.

More than 80% of Ibadan is, only OLUYOLE is developed and some few areas...so what are you arguing??
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2023
BossGerald:

More than 80% of Ibadan is, only OLUYOLE is developed and some few areas...so what are you arguing??
Never new Jericho, Dugbe, New Bodija, Adeoyo, Mobil Ring Road, Eleyele, General Gas, Sharp Corner, Akobo, Omolayo, Akala Way, are not in Ibadan and those are just the few i decided to mention, the list is longer... And am pretty sure you know not even one out of the more than 10 GRA in Ibadan was mentioned, likes of Iyaganku GRA, Agodi GRA, Alalubosa GRA, Onireke GRA, and the rest.....

I belive anytime you come to Ibadan, you have no one to take you around, reason for your myopic reasoning....
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:03pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

This is nothing but pure hatred If you think Owerri or any Capital in that region is more developed than Ikeja. Have you seen whole of Ikeja before, what more development are you expecting from that city ? Little to zero bad road, everywhere is littered with traffic light. No matter where you reside in Ikeja, there's banks, hospitals, and companies near you... Is that same for the Owerri you are comparing to Ikeja ?...

Not to even go far, which shopping mall in Owerri is better than Ikeja City Mall ?
Not to even talk of the fact there's International Airport in that same ikeja you are comparing to the Owerri.... Bro, it's a total insult to even put Owerri and ikeja in same sentence....

No matter where you are in Nigeria, you will have a reason to come to Ikeja, state one reason that will make me come to Owerri. Just state one freaking good thing in Owerri that will make me wanna come...... it was even in this page I remember there's a city called Owerri
Mumu, People like you who never leave your region. Ikeja is small. A very small place.

I will give list of malls in owerri

Owerri city mall

3 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:08pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

owerri

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:10pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

owerri

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:13pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

save more owerri

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:20pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

big deal mall owerri. Owerri has more massive shopping complexes than Ikeja, I know Ikeja very well.

Mention those in Ikeja. I know all, apart from ICM, Jara mall, one mall at Awolowo way, Ebeano in GRA, the other at agidingbi, which other big mart dey Ikeja? Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:23pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

owerri even has bigger and more hotels than Ikeja.

Wetin be Ikeja. I go wound you with pictures. Ikeja small. If na VI, Lekki or ikoyi you call, I for no argue but Ikeja too small for owerri

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 9:39pm On May 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

See the biggest and finest hotels in Ikeja is Ibis at toyin and The Rembrandt (formerly Renaissance hotel) in Awolowo, opposite lateef jakande. And maybe presken that has like up to then hotels in Ikeja.

Na there pictured dey down so, those two hotels cannot make the list of best hotels in owerri. No be mouth, commot frm your enclave you this local boy make we show you owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2023
Workch:
save more owerri
Thats fair, Owerri Mall really outbeat Ikeja Mall.... But Wonder why you've never sent pictures of Owerri international Airport

But there's something you are missing out. All the best things in Imo state are in Owerri... that's not the same for Lagos state, if you want to enjoy life and sleep in exotic hotels, Island is there, and Island is part of Lagos state and you can agree no enjoyment in Owerri outbeat that of Island.... Ikeja is pretty closer to Island than Owerri is, that's a plus....

And just like I said, what more development are you expecting from ikeja, you want the houses to be pulled down and rebuilt ? That capital already have all social amenities....
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 8:53am On May 24, 2023
alphabbey1:

Thats fair, Owerri Mall really outbeat Ikeja Mall.... But Wonder why you've never sent pictures of Owerri international Airport

But there's something you are missing out. All the best things in Imo state are in Owerri... that's not the same for Lagos state, if you want to enjoy life and sleep in exotic hotels, Island is there, and Island is part of Lagos state and you can agree no enjoyment in Owerri outbeat that of Island.... Ikeja is pretty closer to Island than Owerri is, that's a plus....

And just like I said, what more development are you expecting from ikeja, you want the houses to be pulled down and rebuilt ? That capital already have all social amenities....
We are talking about Owerri and Ikeja and not Imo state and Lagos state. Ikeja no be owerri mate.

Seriously, Ikeja is small. The international Airport is not in Ikeja, it's the local airport that is in Ikeja. The international Airport is in oshodi isolo local government, ask anybody that knows Lagos.

I know both places well.

3 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 8:55am On May 24, 2023
alphabbey1:

owerri has better planning, better roads, better serenity, better hotels, better shopping malls and it's bigger than Ikeja. Accept it and let peace reign.

Yorubas don't like traveling, it's why you think people still live on trees in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Skmoda(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2023
Absuchat:

Under bridge product
That's you already
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BossGerald: 6:14pm On May 24, 2023
alphabbey1:
Never new Jericho, Dugbe, New Bodija, Adeoyo, Mobil Ring Road, Eleyele, General Gas, Sharp Corner, Akobo, Omolayo, Akala Way, are not in Ibadan and those are just the few i decided to mention, the list is longer... And am pretty sure you know not even one out of the more than 10 GRA in Ibadan was mentioned, likes of Iyaganku GRA, Agodi GRA, Alalubosa GRA, Onireke GRA, and the rest.....

I belive anytime you come to Ibadan, you have no one to take you around, reason for your myopic reasoning....

This Dugbe abi Bodija??

Is this what you call development?? Even some of your GRA's are empty...

I believe you've never left SW, is this how your cities look in that region?? Bro you need to travel more, there're far better and developed cities in southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by precious182: 6:12am On May 29, 2023
Where can I find ashawo joint in aba abia State?
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by alphabbey1(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2023
Workch:
owerri has better planning, better roads, better serenity, better hotels, better shopping malls and it's bigger than Ikeja. Accept it and let peace reign.

Yorubas don't like traveling, it's why you think people still live on trees in the east.
Why should yoruba travel when all it want is in southwest... what does your region have to offer me
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 8:04pm On May 31, 2023
alphabbey1:

Why should yoruba travel when all it want is in southwest... what does your region have to offer me
All you want is in Lagos not southwest. Nothing is in southwest outside of lagos

2 Likes

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by spagettiluv: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Workch:
All you want is in Lagos not southwest. Nothing is in southwest outside of lagos
if there is nothing in SW as you have said,your brothers won’t travel hundreds of kilometers just to work or reside in cities like IB,OTA,ORE,ABK,LAG
Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by Workch: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
spagettiluv:
if there is nothing in SW as you have said,your brothers won’t travel hundreds of kilometers just to work or reside in cities like IB,OTA,ORE,ABK,LAG
remove Lagos, all these other places are glorified villages

1 Like

Re: Most Underdeveloped State Capitals In Nigeria by BennyDGreat: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Workch:
Ikeja is small, these places obviously have more tarred road.
Which hospitals dey Ikeja?
You must travel out of this your enclave to see things for yourself.

I served in port Harcourt, I was there for 1 years and it's mile ahead of Ikeja. It's not even close

Ahhh there's Lagoon, Duchess...and many others...
Hospitals worth more than 1m USD in setup. Ikeja may have small land mass but the investment there is heavy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

4 Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Africa In Your Lifetime / Inside Aksaray Underground Market Where Nigerians Buy Food In Turkey / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.