Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice (19734 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Dialpad: 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
Just 2 years, that's not enough time to worry about anything
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
Wishing you safe trip ahead.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Majorbankz007: 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
2 years na you create thread, people wey don Dey 10 years + go buy bill board na

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Semaj77(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
finallybusy:
Buy bread from that side come.

Na dodo Ikire make him buy come

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by LifeDrama: 1:24pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?

Two years ago? And you already acting like stranger. Funny people.

10 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by IgboSomalia: 1:25pm On May 23, 2023
Just 2 years?
Just look at this thing.

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by IyaTola: 1:26pm On May 23, 2023
grin
Our immigration and police are very friendly to people with non-black skin.

There is constant power outage, at the airport, hotels etc, so there is always a few minutes of change over from the national power grid to a standby generator.

There are lots of big potholes on our roads, so if you are going to be driving, watch out for these.

Cigarette and Alcohol are very cheap. A pack of cigarette is less than $1dollars in most shops and hotels in the cities.

The people are very warm and welcoming.

We love our music too, so you will hear a lot of it.

Most Nigerians speak pidgin English very well i.e our own version of English language.

In no particular order;

You can't understand Nigerian religiousity even the Christian, Islamic or the traditional brands
Don't critise our politics
Don't critise our football
Don't critise our parties, the social type
Don't critise ANY tribe
Respect our world famous policemen
Respect our soldiers, Lastma, traffic policemen, neighbourhood watchmen, Red Cross members, Boys Scouts and even Girl's Guild. In short, anyone in a uniform
Respect yourself, very important
Remember to call the following OGA, secretaries, bureaucrats, gatemen
Respond to all greetings till the greeter is tired; example, good morning, how are you, how was your night, how is your day, etc
Enjoy Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by wahahlawahala: 1:27pm On May 23, 2023
Nawa for this one... 😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:28pm On May 23, 2023
You be ozuor. Just 2 years and you don turn “I just land”.

Anyways, buy me chocolates, waffles and burgers when coming, please.

11 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by alyarmouk(m): 1:28pm On May 23, 2023
Wetin you dey come do?? Oga remain there o

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Enemyofpeace: 1:29pm On May 23, 2023
No come o! I don warn you o
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 1:31pm On May 23, 2023
Take me with you when going back! embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ConfidentialDoc: 1:31pm On May 23, 2023
Come with solar power bank make a budget for extra fuel. Don't change all your forex at once In one place
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by RockyEyo(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2023
Don’t come..... just imagine visiting ur hometown
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?

No difference. It's as you left it.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by erai30(m): 1:34pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:

My tips is that :
1. Use your brain
2. Use your brain
3. Use your brain again
Because the country get as e be

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Regex: 1:34pm On May 23, 2023
It's just been two years, there isn't any significant change as to what Nigeria was two years ago. I was thinking you have spent 20yrs outside Nigeria and perhaps avoided the Nigerian media to be asking such question. However since you are able to open a thread here, and have seen major headlines make the front page, that should be able to help you make plans towards visiting Nigeria.

Nigeria hasn't changed significantly since two years ago

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Godsown0: 1:34pm On May 23, 2023
Eruialsans:
[/b][/color]

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

I have $38 i would like to withdraw from payoneer can u help?

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by emekajacobogbon(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2023
How much have you made just after 2 years. If your coming back isn't very very very very very necessary, STAY BACK THERE

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by LordGuru1: 1:35pm On May 23, 2023
shocked BREAKING!!! President Biden said on Tinubu's Inauguration: https://www.nairaland.com/7699823/breaking-tinubu-inauguration-biden-announces#123316461

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by GodIsGreat001: 1:36pm On May 23, 2023
Take every precaution against mosquito

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by sircrabo: 1:37pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:

If you are a guy, be careful with some ladies of easy virtue and fake friends that'll want to take advantage of you if they know you are a returnee.

Enjoy the company of good friends and well meaning family members.

Regardless of where you'll be staying or visiting, always be careful. Don't go bragging to people in your area. Keep a modest profile. Try as much as you can to avoid late night outings especially if you live in a restive area. Be aware of your environment. There are multiple cult clashes in certain states in Nigeria. Mind how you dress and be polite to everyone.

If you are ever stopped by law enforcement officers, always act friendly. Remember they have power in their hands and can implicate you if you are too rude or arrogant.

Nigeria still remains our home. Feel free to move freely and associate with everyone. Enjoy the good food and culture of our people.

Nigeria might not be a fantastic country, but the fun and freedom you'll get here is second to none.

God bless Nigeria , and every well meaning Nigerian

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by DenreleDave(m): 1:38pm On May 23, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

japa wey never reach 10 years, e don dey ask for changes
ednut1:
grin This is funny. Nothing has changed in 2 years. Do the same things you did before japa

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Gajagojo: 1:41pm On May 23, 2023
How long does it take to get a Nigerian passport minimum time /expressand how much?
Can you travel to Nigeria with expired passport?
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ceematics: 1:42pm On May 23, 2023
Do giveaway bruh

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by leocollins(m): 1:42pm On May 23, 2023
Godsown0:

I have $38 i would like to withdraw from payoneer can u help?

Hey Godsown, please can you assist me with a thousand naira please?
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ogify1(m): 1:43pm On May 23, 2023
ok
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by GoodCane: 1:44pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:

Just 2 years, you rush create thread?

So what will people that has japa 10 years ago now do? I'm sure they'll erect billboard and ask for security tips
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by TundeTunapa(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2023
Some wan japa some wan come back. Life nor balance true true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster / Sudan: Second Batch Of Nigerians Arrive Abuja From Port Sudan (Video, Photos) / Trailer Falls On A Micra Cab In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.