Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice (19726 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by sixtus3606(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
It's not as bad as it sounds in nairaland but still be careful.

I'm currently in my home state Anambra and will be here for a few more days. I can say it's relatively peaceful except for border towns.

First thing I've noticed is that state and non state folks are taking advantage of ipob uprising to commit crimes, settle scores and take vendetta actions for business and political deals gone wrong just like in the times of bakassi boys.

Be safe by blending in and limiting your outreach as soon as you land.

Bros, base on your oversee experience, kindly advice the best country to relocate to this period.
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Morphinne: 6:30pm On May 23, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

I'm currently in my home state Anambra and will be here for a few more days. I can say it's relatively peaceful except for border towns.

First thing I've noticed is that state and non state folks are taking advantage of ipob uprising to commit crimes, settle scores and take vendetta actions for business and political deals gone wrong just like in the times of bakassi boys.

Ahh, Anambra relatively peaceful?
Relatively peaceful than where Biko?
Op if you cherish your life, stay away from the south east. Don’t mind this lowlife. As it is at the moment, Anambra is a far cry from peace.

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by isabi2lof: 7:12pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:
you get papers?
No be everybody go use sand paper like you 🥱
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by deavicky(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?
my friend!!! Just come 2 year too small people no go even know say u even travel.
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by JeffreyJunior: 7:42pm On May 23, 2023
Morphinne:

Ahh, Anambra relatively peaceful?
Relatively peaceful than where Biko?
Op if you cherish your life, stay away from the south east. Don’t mind this lowlife. As it is at the moment, Anambra is a far cry from peace.
You had to call someone you don't know a lowlife just to drive home your silly point made out of hate and tribalism.

Well this lowlife here has a life that may be low compared to a lot of people but I'm sure it's definitely way too high for you and your goons to get to even in generations to come.

I hope you find the peace you desperately need eventhough you are not aware of the need.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Cutehector(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2023
ednut1:
Nigerians are funny. I went to Nigeria twice last year. A friend in Nigeria got to know i came and he was angry with me. “Why did you come, dont you know they are kidnapping people, if i japa i am not stepping foot in Nigeria again bla bla bla.”I was like nawa o. Me wey wear slippers and shorts waka around no one even look me 🤣🤣
you may think nobody knows...
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by JeffreyJunior: 7:46pm On May 23, 2023
sixtus3606:

Bros, base on your oversee experience, kindly advice the best country to relocate to this period.
Though difficult to get their visa, USA is still the best to migrate to and survive even without papers.

Sweden is good also.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by lildush(m): 8:46pm On May 23, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Halla me if you enter area

Maybe I fit arrange out we go take meet for Benin city make we smoke enough weed together

This is a real nigger...
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Blackdisciple(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2023
Watch out for kidnappers because even your brother and closed friends can arrange for that against you...

Watch out for dummy girls too
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Everbryte: 10:55pm On May 23, 2023
Not much change.People are much more accommodating & empathetic post-COVID. After the lock down, or so it seams, a lot of people have come to the realisation that there is nothing in this life.

Economically, prices of things have tripled; to put it modestly. so budget with that in mind.

Tourist123:
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Morphinne: 12:11am On May 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You had to call someone you don't know a lowlife just to drive home your silly point made out of hate and tribalism.

Well this lowlife here has a life that may be low compared to a lot of people but I'm sure it's definitely way too high for you and your goons to get to even in generations to come.

I hope you find the peace you desperately need eventhough you are not aware of the need.
Why are you pained Okoro? Yes, you are a lowlife for trying to jeopardize an innocent man’s life. Why would anyone say Anambra is relatively peaceful? Relatively peaceful than where exactly? If you aren’t a lowlife, you wouldn’t be here defending arrant nonsense. Ooni gbadun
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by JeffreyJunior: 12:29am On May 24, 2023
Morphinne:

Why are you pained Okoro? Yes, you are a lowlife for trying to jeopardize an innocent man’s life. Why would anyone say Anambra is relatively peaceful? Relatively peaceful than where exactly? If you aren’t a lowlife, you wouldn’t be here defending arrant nonsense. Ooni gbadun
I knew I couldn't have missed it.

You don't live in Anambra, haven't been there before and can't even afford transport fare to the state, yet you know more than the locals.

Describe yourself by yourself because if I do, it can't be anything more a nincompoop.
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Morphinne: 12:55am On May 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
I knew I couldn't have missed it.

You don't live in Anambra, haven't been there before and can't even afford transport fare to the state, yet you know more than the locals.

Describe yourself by yourself because if I do, it can't be anything more a nincompoop.
So bold and ignorant of you to say to a total stranger that he hasn’t been to a place before. Okoro, why are you so sure? grin
@bolded says a bunch about you and it has equally validated my earlier claim about you being a lowlife grin
Well, I lived at Umunya for almost 2 years grin
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by viodemus: 1:59am On May 24, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Carry better money come back....
People back home need it more.

Chairman, I happen to run across your post, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I get your overall point, but it comes across as an entitled request/advice. Especially "people back home need it more". Who doesn't need money or any form of currency. I normally advice and encourage being a helper when a person sees fit.

Money don't grow on trees or easy to come by, just because you travelled out. How many times do people walk by beggars on the street who can be said to need it more. Sometimes you give, sometimes you don't, depending on your financial capability at that time. Even rich people have factor many situations, and probably have a limit on giving alms, when they are faced with that reality.

I don't assume peoples finances. I advise people to be helpful to others when they can.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by softwarezx: 4:23am On May 24, 2023
Tourist123:

2 years...lol....nothing has changed, last time I went was like 11yrs ago which was after being away for 6 years and a lot had changed but could recognize most stuff... don't know if it's still the same but if you do follow SM you will get what you need from there but 2 years is way too short to think or expect a lot of change
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by DrDunamis(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2023
akube34:
I came back twice, I have only been abroad for four years. I never mad
Welldone to you Sir.
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by sixtus3606(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Though difficult to get their visa, USA is still the best to migrate to and survive even without papers.

Sweden is good also.

Awesome. I have always known USA to be the best option to survive, regardless. Just don't be a slack guy and man will survive.

By the way, do you have an idea how long it now takes to secure a Visa interview? I was told it takes as long as 2years.
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2023
viodemus:

Chairman, I happen to run across your post, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I get your overall point, but it comes across as an entitled request/advice. Especially "people back home need it more". Who doesn't need money or any form of currency. I normally advice and encourage being a helper when a person sees fit.

Money don't grow on trees or easy to come by, just because you travelled out. How many times do people walk by beggars on the street who can be said to need it more. Sometimes you give, sometimes you don't, depending on your financial capability at that time. Even rich people have factor many situations, and probably have a limit on giving alms, when they are faced with that reality.

I don't assume peoples finances. I advise people to be helpful to others when they can.

no wahala...but you knw the mentality thing in naija as per who dey outside hold better money.....money given will be much appreciated than gift ooo...thanks anyway.cheers!

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by viodemus: 11:06am On May 24, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

no wahala...but you knw the mentality thing in naija as per who dey outside hold better money.....money given will be much appreciated than gift ooo...thanks anyway.cheers!

I respect your open mind.

you too much.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:33am On May 24, 2023
viodemus:

I respect your open mind.

you too much.

3 HEINEKEN bottles for you...

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Brek: 4:26pm On May 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Sad truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

East African Federation (EAC) / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.