Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (454173 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2023
Welcome to part 3 of Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant.

This is the link for part 2

https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2

Use this link for student visa related questions

https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2#105186938

Mortgage and property related question is here

https://www.nairaland.com/7534564/living-uk-propertymortgage-related

UK Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2 visa), and Health and Care Worker visa routes:

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health.

Thank you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2023
I will leave this page blank for any relevant info

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2023
We made it here smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 2:59pm On May 19, 2023
God be praised.

We have many victories. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 3:00pm On May 19, 2023
Finally 😁!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by triplo3: 3:01pm On May 19, 2023
Wow.....Part 3 finally!!!!

Make I port my question here before e go loss..

Elders, please advise on the below. Is 6months to expiry date rule strict?

My passport expires April 2024.

I just paid and booked passport appointment at Nigeria House London for July 2023.

What happens to the 6 month to expiry before renewal rule?

Will I be turned back and refunded? Or everything go as normal?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 3:16pm On May 19, 2023
Good stuff cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gentiles(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2023
nice to be here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 3:32pm On May 19, 2023
How do I respond to the mentions in part 2? sad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 3:42pm On May 19, 2023
@ ProfJYK

I have indeed gotten goodies from AMEX Card. I keep saving offers I may need. I use it for shopping, groceries, etc.

I still think the biggest source of points are referrals from Nairaland though. The post I made about how to use Credit Cards without paying interest and the benefits was quite popular. So I added my link later.

I seem to have been upgraded or it's general: My referrals now get 8,000 points while I get 6,000 so feel free to sign up, you might just get a free flight soon:

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/jEDIDASmvK?XL=MNMNS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2023
πŸ’Ί
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 3:51pm On May 19, 2023
Nothing really cos the issuance is not instant. If your booklet pages are exhausted, it makes sense to renew now. Make sure you apply to keep your existing booklet though if you need it for identififcation purpose else you would be required to submit it.

triplo3:
Wow.....Part 3 finally!!!!

Make I port my question here before e go loss..

Elders, please advise on the below. Is 6months to expiry date rule strict?

My passport expires April 2024.

I just paid and booked passport appointment at Nigeria House London for July 2023.

What happens to the 6 month to expiry before renewal rule?

Will I be turned back and refunded? Or everything go as normal?

Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eolme(f): 4:32pm On May 19, 2023
Good to be here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by umarwy(m): 4:37pm On May 19, 2023
from part 1 to 3 thank God for life
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bamangar: 4:42pm On May 19, 2023
I want to ask! Can one be allowed to carry Action bitters to UK on my luggage? Hope border police and immigration won't decline ??

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lindakam: 5:05pm On May 19, 2023
Good evening everyone,

A colleague of mine who doesn't have a license and sadly drove above the speed was issued a notice of intended prosecution. Please how can he go about this as he doesn't have a driver's license

He's been here for about a year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 5:10pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Good evening everyone,

A colleague of mine who doesn't have a license and sadly drove above the speed was issued a notice of intended prosecution. Please how can he go about this as he doesn't have a driver's license

Hmmm

Why not speed awareness course if this is his first offence?

Why drive without any DL, even a UK provisional license?

Any option of paying a fine alone?

Better he pays the fine

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ednut1(m): 5:11pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Good evening everyone,

he/she should face the consequences of their actions 😁

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mindlog: 5:12pm On May 19, 2023
Finally, part 3!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lindakam: 5:13pm On May 19, 2023
Sadly it was just the notice . I think he has a provisional but I think after one year he can't use it right. Might be wrong

ukay2:

Hmmm

Better he pays the fine
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by sotall(m): 5:20pm On May 19, 2023
undecided
Make una share item 7
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 5:22pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Good evening everyone,

I use WAZE like my life depends on it. I leave for work early so I don't have to speed to catch up. I maintain speed limits, not even 1mph above the limit. WAZE warns me of any hazard, police presence , speed cameras, approaching limit and beeps when I cross.

I just don't want any wahala here.

I am sorry about his situation, I suggest anything to avoid going to court.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Good evening everyone,

This would surely get much bigger than intended.........

Does this colleague have a provisional licence........
Does this colleague insurance, stipulate provisional license.......
Was this colleagues vehicle insured........
Does this colleague, have an international license.........

This is why driving in the UK illegally, go always get K - Leg........ πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lindakam: 5:38pm On May 19, 2023
He said yes to all of the above. But the provisional is only for 1 year that's what he said. And he said he's been using it for more than a year

Lexusgs430:

This would surely get much bigger than intended.........

Does this colleague have a provisional licence........
Does this colleague insurance, stipulate provisional license.......
Was this colleagues vehicle insured........
Does this colleague, have an international license.........

This is why driving in the UK illegally, go always get K - Leg........ πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:40pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
Good evening everyone,

He had absolutely no business driving without a license….now he’s gotta face the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On May 19, 2023
ukay2:

Hmmm

Better he pays the fine

With no licence or do you know how many miles over prescribed speed limit.......

This one nah candidate for His Majesties court.......... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:
He said yes to all of the above. But the provisional is only for 1 year that's what he said. And he said he's been using it for more than a year

I don't think you can drive with provisional unaccompanied o.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:

He would have to provide his provisional license (afterwards the police would ask for this others) + the full driving license of the instructor driver + insurance allowing the PL holder to drive............

Lion dey sleep, goat go pull hin tail......... 😒

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 6:03pm On May 19, 2023
Lindakam:

Provisional license is usually valid for 10 years and within that period you are required to pass your practical test within 2years of passing the theory test.

I think your colleague was either driving with an international drivers license or Nigerian license which is only valid for one year from the date of arrival. If they were driving on a provisional license but without a qualified driver beside them, then it’s also a contravention of the law.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (527) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Dharmie02, Daewoods(m), Tstone1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.