Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Should I Renovate Our Family House? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Renovate Our Family House? (24743 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / Family House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Waffarianman(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2023
Just share the properties and renovate yours. This brother things my hand no de... What am facing here if you're in my position you'll be admitted in any hospital around you everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by pocohantas(f): 9:43am On May 21, 2023
Waffarianman:
Just share the properties and renovate yours. This brother things my hand no de... What am facing here if you're in my position you'll be admitted in any hospital around you everyday

Lmao. Please don't develop high bp.
I wish you strength.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Waffarianman(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2023
pocohantas:

Lmao. Please don't develop high bp.
I wish you strength.

Thanks Pocolee
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by bolademi(m): 12:40pm On May 21, 2023
Ahmed0336:
I think you should discuss this with your brother in the presence of your wife and a lawyer.
Let your agreement be documented and signed by all parties involved.

I believe with this, you'd have peace of mind.

It has to be documented
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:40pm On May 21, 2023
JungleJustice01:
Both parents have passed no will was left. I basically leave the rents collected from the house rent to my only younger brother.

Now the house is deteriorating and I want to fix it, like give it a major facelift but the funds will be coming from me entirely. I don't have a personal house of mine but I believe an overhaul of this place can give leverage to increase the rent as it is in a good part of town.

My fear is after this investment, will I be able to recoup any funds? If I am to pass away, will my kids have any access to the property?

I love my brother but I've heard and read stories of human behavior especially in situations where there is no documentation.

What do I do?

Discuss with your brother and make sure to delineate it in an agreement drafted by a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by kareemkamil(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2023
What nonsense question, can u renovate ur family house, leave ham make e collapse. OmoAle omo.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by DeLaRue: 12:45pm On May 21, 2023
JungleJustice01:
T

I could easily leave the house in it's state and build mine but that's not a good legacy either.

I would advise you build your own house first.

May be you are in a good financial position now, but there's no guaranty that will always be the case.

So secure a habitat of your own first.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Fryx: 12:46pm On May 21, 2023
JungleJustice01:
Both parents have passed no will was left. I basically leave the rents collected from the house rent to my only younger brother.

Now the house is deteriorating and I want to fix it, like give it a major facelift but the funds will be coming from me entirely. I don't have a personal house of mine but I believe an overhaul of this place can give leverage to increase the rent as it is in a good part of town.

My fear is after this investment, will I be able to recoup any funds? If I am to pass away, will my kids have any access to the property?

I love my brother but I've heard and read stories of human behavior especially in situations where there is no documentation.

What do I do?

I will advice you to buy a land and develop it little by little. Let your brother renovate it since he collects the money.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by DonBenny77(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2023
grin
No go buy land build your own
No mind my emoji

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by HEBEI: 12:52pm On May 21, 2023
My dear, go and build your own house. Build for your own kids.

Use the rent being collected by your brother to renovate your father's house.

Our own na our own. Your own na him be your own.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by ednut1(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2023
Your brother should use part of the rent for renovation. Go and build your own house biko
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by isabi2lof: 12:57pm On May 21, 2023
Get your own land and build yours .

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by veneza(f): 12:58pm On May 21, 2023
JungleJustice01:

What do I do?

Please stop looking for ready made,start your own small and gradually grow with time, avoid family property and live long.
Am talking from experience.
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by VTJN(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2023
JungleJustice01:

What do I do?
please you have two options

1. Don't bother renovate the house, sell it and share the proceeds

2. Leave the property for your brother and don't bother spending on it for renovation. Go and build your own house. Your brother should look for means to renovate the building himself from the proceeds he get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by RecentHistory: 1:02pm On May 21, 2023
Ahmed0336:
I think you should discuss this with your brother in the presence of your wife and a lawyer.
Let your agreement be documented and signed by all parties involved.

I believe with this, you'd have peace of mind.

Wife ke?
Na so una dey use your foolishness cause unnecessarily enmity

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by RecentHistory: 1:03pm On May 21, 2023
veneza:

Please stop looking for ready made,start your own small and gradually grow with time, avoid family property and live long.
Am talking from experience.

Try to read the follow-up story

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by chriskosherbal(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2023
@junglejustice01...I read both part of your story infact when you came up with the second part I had a full grasp of how things are in reality.. you see when I was staying those days in my family house there was this guy who had a house close to ours same street God blessed him he built another and gave the house to his elder sister ( face me I face you rooms) I don't think the sis had husband anymore but grown up teens as kids.

Here is my take ...guy you are a good man from your write up with good heart ...renovate that crip to your ability and give it to him go build yours ( you can from your write up )...and forget about telling your kids that the house is yours so that they will remove thier mind from it... things like this will go a long way in showing your mentality with respect brotherly love and watch God...you can never tell the future.

I wish you well in whatever decision you make but always remember his health condition can either improve or get worsen by the decision you take...this is life and we are not going to live here forever.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by juman(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2023
An option is to renovate it and sell it to get your money back. Good looking house attract high and good price.

Discuss with your brother and have the agreement signed by lawyer too.

Don't leave your family house rot away while you have money to get it in good shape.
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by josite: 1:06pm On May 21, 2023
HEAR YOURSELF VERY WELL.NA FAMILY PROPERTY.YOU DO IT FOR THE GLORY OF THE FAMILY NAME.YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT GETTING ANY THING.IF U WANT TO RECOUP YOUR INVEST.PUT YOUR PROPOSAL IN WRITING AND LET YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS SIGN AS TO HOW U CAN RECOUP.IM SPENDING MILLIONS RIGHT NOW TO UPGRADE FAMILY HOUSE,NA FREE GIFT TO FAMILY.
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by goldloading(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2023
Save the money the house is making and use it to renovate the house,don’t use your money.
The house is already a business.
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Chetas81(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2023
IF THERE'S NO WITCHCRAFT DOING MEETING INSIDE THE HOUSE BECAUSE THEY WILL FINISHED YOU IN NO TIME AS THE NIGERIAN WITCHCRAFT DON'T LOVE THE GOOD THINGS
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Domocom: 1:10pm On May 21, 2023
smiley

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by tunjilana: 1:12pm On May 21, 2023
When it comes to inheritance....it even goes beyond ur brother...

Do u knw the kind of wife he will marry, do you know the kind if kids he will have....

If u are sacrificing cos u are better off now....Are u sure he won't even use his wealth to oppress U wen he stands up....u can renovate the house but document all u are doing and the expectation of returns....except u are doing it as charity...human beings can change at any time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by highoctane: 1:12pm On May 21, 2023
Listen! And Listen young man.
Build your own house, before renovating anything.
Being the first Son , I am also, build your own house and have your own Obi or Chi as we call it . Puua ala Obi nke gi. ( Igbos in this thread can come to term with this statement)
If the renovation will build a bedroom flat, please build it, and renovate whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Mom007(f): 1:16pm On May 21, 2023
Oga, go and build your own house if you have money to spend.. You can retouch your family house once in a while so it doesn't fall or deteriorate but this thing you are about to do will bring problems.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by HenryWilliams(m): 1:16pm On May 21, 2023
Before you plan on renovation, make sure you get all necessary approvals and permits from the State Government..
You might think it doesn't matter until you get caught and made to cough out millions in penal fees..
Think wise bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by sammirano: 1:16pm On May 21, 2023
Op don't sell the property, renovate it appropriately and discuss with your bro on sharing formula since income is assured to increase. DONT SELL!

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by sorepco(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2023
My brother they are making lots of sense please. Yes get a lawyer....you should b collecting ur own share of the rent.

Let's say 10 years from now ur bro claims sole ownership. Are you awarevhe can tell your kinsmen men that your dad left the proper5y solely to him and that you are aware, thats why you are not partaking in sharing the rent! Don't joke with land or property matter please πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ™ƒ

JeffreyJunior:
Agreement? Lawyer kwa, just to renovate a family house?

There's nothing I won't read in this place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / Marriage Of Deception / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.