Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Should I Renovate Our Family House? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Renovate Our Family House? (24757 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / Family House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Tranquility2345: 6:33am On May 22, 2023
See advice wey man pikin dey see for here. Una no even know where the house dey. Something wey fit dey for Ikorodu or one slum for Bariga. Call lawyer for house wey you no go see pass 1 million if them sell. All of una dey mad angry
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by ibinaboonline: 8:24am On May 22, 2023
Get a lawyer involved. Simple.
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Barezzoflagos: 8:44am On May 22, 2023
frozen70:

You have a good plan but however, you have to be careful with the way you want to go about it with out a legal backing

If am the one, I will seat my younger brother down and let him know my plans

Then remind him that he has been collecting rents and you don't normally ask him about the money that comes out of it

Tell him that you want to renovate the house and give it a face lift to generate more incomes for both of you

In this case, you will both meet a lawyer who will draft it with his letter headed paper for an agreement that after all the renovation and it's now having a befitting look for rentals,
You both will divide whatever money that comes into from the rent

So it's now left for you to divide it into two and take half or divide it into three and take two portions because you are the one that sponsored it and untill after you recover the money spent from the renovation then before you will now be sharing it into two equal parts for both of you

If he agrees, get it documented with a lawyer and on a written paper signed by both of you and sealed with the lawyer stamp and sealed with a sticker by the lawyer

Then take the same documents to court precisely state court and both of you can swore an affidavit to back it up with your passport pictures on it

All these is because of the children you guys will have and your wife's too so that non one will claim sole ownership of th I inherited property

As that goes on put down every expensis and back it with receipt and write every expensis down in a book always invite him to go through your reports and if possible take pictures with him as before, during and after the face lift print those pictures out as evidence , after the completion of the project, type out all you have writen and let him sign that he is aware of the said expenses and he was a witness to it
With this, you will not have any issues in future and if issues comes up

You have documented proves and enough evidence
This is the best advice so far..
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Princessdainty(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2023
JungleJustice01:
Both parents have passed no will was left. I basically leave the rents collected from the house rent to my only younger brother.

Now the house is deteriorating and I want to fix it, like give it a major facelift but the funds will be coming from me entirely. I don't have a personal house of mine but I believe an overhaul of this place can give leverage to increase the rent as it is in a good part of town.

My fear is after this investment, will I be able to recoup any funds? If I am to pass away, will my kids have any access to the property?

I love my brother but I've heard and read stories of human behavior especially in situations where there is no documentation.

What do I do?
NO
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by frozen70(f): 11:03am On May 22, 2023
Barezzoflagos:

Thanks dear
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On May 23, 2023
Tranquility2345:
See advice wey man pikin dey see for here. Una no even know where the house dey. Something wey fit dey for Ikorodu or one slum for Bariga. Call lawyer for house wey you no go see pass 1 million if them sell. All of una dey mad angry
Actually, when two adults are doing anything that involves money/investment, a Lawyer/legal footprint is commonsense. undecided
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by syntekelite(m): 1:26pm On May 23, 2023
JungleJustice01:
Both parents have passed no will was left. I basically leave the rents collected from the house rent to my only younger brother.

Now the house is deteriorating and I want to fix it, like give it a major facelift but the funds will be coming from me entirely. I don't have a personal house of mine but I believe an overhaul of this place can give leverage to increase the rent as it is in a good part of town.

My fear is after this investment, will I be able to recoup any funds? If I am to pass away, will my kids have any access to the property?

I love my brother but I've heard and read stories of human behavior especially in situations where there is no documentation.

What do I do?

Are you and your brother the only two siblings born by your parents? If yes then divide the house into two equal parts,since u said ur bro is ss and not buoyant enough you can renovate the whole house but make sure you divide it first.. then proceed to the process of getting the documents back e.g c/o, deed or search your parents belongings well it should be somewhere in the house..after getting the documents, get a lawyer to draw up an agreement/detailed plan of the house stating the sharing of the property and which belongs to whom, your brother should be aware and must sign it, after which the lawyer makes the documents official .. hence your part is yours in perpetuity which makes it fall to your children in the future..that doest stop you from allowing your brother collect the whole rent if thats what you want,sharing the house is just for future purposes both yours and your brothers..

1 Like

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2023
JungleJustice01:

What do I do?
Anything you know that you cannot continue,, please don't start..

And once you start and want to stop, be much aware that stopping requires another push or pull..

And anything you know that you don't have the energy to push or pull in order to stop it when necessary, please don't ever start it.

You sound so loving.
But I am seeing weakness..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by ConfusePoint: 6:50am On Jul 22, 2023
Barezzoflagos:

Hello, I have replied your DM
Re: Should I Renovate Our Family House? by pvpzonevc: 4:43pm On Apr 05
Why does everyone say you should consult a lawyer? Maybe I don't know some of the details of your question and situation. If you want to make repairs and you have the financial means to do so, why not? If you plan to buy various materials like paints, glue, wallpaper, I suggest Roman Decorating Products. This online shop has a real wide selection of quality materials for your renovation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Of Deception / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? / Why I Cheated On My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.