Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses (40546 Views)

#AMVCA2018; Actors And Actresses: Who Is The Hottest? (PHOTOS) / Former Big Brother Naija Housemates Stun In Warri (photos) / Uriel Hosts Ex-Big Brother Naija Housemates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by kasim155: 1:36pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos.

Lol, Erica did not acted/features in Gang of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by teacherbim(f): 1:37pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos.

Erica in gang of Lagos

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Basic123: 1:40pm On May 20, 2023
Jones4190:

they will come after you
I KNOW

and I am ready.

They hate the truth. The love sweet words even when its a lie
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by pweeryambre: 1:40pm On May 20, 2023
Melvin
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by dominique(f): 1:41pm On May 20, 2023
Replace T-Boss with Diane Russet!
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Angelfrost(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2023
Well, most of them can't act to save their lives...!

The ones making the real effort, like Tobi and Bisola, are still quite average in my opinion!

I think a lot of them just get movie roles out of pity or via superior influence, and not necessarily because they deserve their casting privileges.

Nollywood should borrow a leaf from their older more successful siblings (Hollywood and Bollywood): They should actually make these actors and actresses AUDITION for these roles before handing them scripts to ruin!

This is part of why a lot of our movies suck and grate on the nerves of those of us with eyes for quality cinema!... Same reason why BBNaija has horribly regressed to a mere hangout of empty bimbos and dickheads.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by obi4eze(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2023
Rubbish. This is not our problem rn. The mandate thief must be arrested.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by charlesdinho(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2023
what about the first bbnaija winner? he is also an actor. a very well known actor
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by zedegit: 1:48pm On May 20, 2023
iammo:
Tobi Bakare killed his role in his last action flick

I think Tobi Bakr deserves an award. He acted great in gangs of Lagos.

Others I don't know them in movies.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by zedegit: 1:50pm On May 20, 2023
Omenapounds:
aside T-Boss's Up North, I can't remember watching a movie any of them featured in

You're in abyss if you haven't watched the legendary "Gangs of Lagos."
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Vinnie2000(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well, most of them can't act to save their lives...!

The ones making the real effort, like Tobi and Bisola, are still quite average in my opinion!

I think a lot of them just get movie roles out of pity or via superior influence, and not necessarily because they deserve their casting privileges.

Nollywood should borrow a leaf from their older more successful siblings (Hollywood and Bollywood): They should actually make these actors and actresses AUDITION for these roles before handing them scripts to ruin!

This is part of why a lot of our movies suck and grate on the nerves of those of us with eyes for quality cinema!... Same reason why BBNaija has horribly regressed to a mere hangout of empty bimbos and dickheads.

Recently, I was watching Saint Obi old movies and other Tony Umez, Clems Ohaneze, Aki and Pawpaw Movies,😊
I just wonder if the Hype on Gangs of Lagos, Chief Daddy, Kings of Boys and these Newbie Cinema Movies currently in Nigeria are Worth it. 🤔 sad undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Godsonkemz(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2023
I miss hustle, my most favorite tv show that portrayed the life of Lagosian bachelor/spinster surviving without good job featuring Tobi.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Angelfrost(m): 2:03pm On May 20, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Recently, I was watching Saint Obi old movies and other Tony Umez, Clems Ohaneze, Aki and Pawpaw Movies,😊
I just wonder if the Hype on Gangs of Lagos, Chief Daddy, Kings of Boys and these Newbie Cinema Movies currently in Nigeria are Worth it. 🤔 sad undecided

Brother, trust me... They are more hype than substance!

A lot of today's acting is nearly cringe-worthy and horrendously average!

Back in the day, actors actually had to have talent and compete under the scrutiny of highly seasoned directors and producers! Today, it's all about connection and sex!

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by abobote: 2:07pm On May 20, 2023
Is only Perry that I watch his movie, and he did well
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Revolva(m): 2:16pm On May 20, 2023
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by netmillionaires(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2023
Try to watch the movie Brotherhood. Naija is moving forward. We just need a good script.

finallybusy:
The point of this show is the creation of cheap celebrities which companies can pay small amounts to promote products. It’s good since A-level Nollywood stars seem to forget their replaceability. Now, throwing most of them into Nollywood is a major downside. They can not act. They are in movies and TV shows because they are physically appealing to the eyes. I remember Tayo disgracing his lineage on Tinsel. I read on Nairaland that Tobi Bakre is a good actor. Well, good for him. I will not watch Nigerian movies unless produced or directed by Kunle Afolayan.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Adewale1603(m): 2:26pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos and Blood covenant respectively.
Erica wasn't in gangs of Lagos. Or you're mistakenly for Adesua wellington
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by consultancy: 2:27pm On May 20, 2023
And where is Frodd Or it's only the OP who doesn't know Frodd is an actor? A good one at that
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by highchief1: 2:30pm On May 20, 2023
Revolva:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEE3_ukgHac

Over the years, reality TV shows have proven to be launch pads for singers, actors, comedians and other categories of entertainers. One of such reality shows is Big Brother Naija which has provided a platform for many to shine in Nollywood.

Participants of the BBNaija reality show always end up achieving celebrity status, with a few of them making the transition to Nollywood.

As viewers continue to keep up with the daily activities of the popular show, we take a look at some of those who have been housemates and are now making a name for themselves as movie stars.

Gideon Okeke

Gideon Okeke came into the limelight as a housemate in the first edition of BBN in 2006.

After the show, he has gone on to passionately pursue his acting career. One of his most popular roles is as Phillip Ade-Williams in the television series, ‘Tinsel’. He has also appeared in movies such as ‘Gidi Blues’, ‘Heaven’s Hell’, and ‘When Love Happens’.

The actor was nominated for an AMVCA for his role in the acclaimed film, ‘93 Days’.

Bam bam

Bamike Olawunmi, Listen popularly known as Bambam is a Nigerian reality TV star and an actress , the former BBnaija season 3 contestant is known for her roles in the nollywood movies like Inspector K, Backup Wife and Foreigner's God. She is said to be the first child of her parents. She hails from ogun state in Nigeria. She married her follow ex BBNiaja housemate Tope Adenibuyan , Teddy A and has a child with him.

Mercy Eke

The latest movie features continues with what has been an impressive run for Mercy eke who is the Winner of the Big Brother Naija season 4 edition , she was the first female to emerge winner of the Big brother naija reality TV show.

Mercy aka Lambo makes her acting debut in Toyin Abraham’s “Fate Of Alakada“ movie, and the success of the nollywood debut has been followed by several deals and increased fame.

Bisola Aiyeola

Vivacious Bisola Aiyeola was the first runner-up in the BBN ‘See Gobbe’ edition of 2017.

Though her acting career had kicked off before BBNaija, she gained more prominence after appearing on the reality television show and went on to star in more movies.

In 2018, she won the African Magic Viewer’s Choice Trailblazers Award. the star has gone on to appear in several Nollywood movies, including Chief Daddy, Sugar Rush, Picture Perfect, and Payday.

Erica Nlewedim

Erica has already been in movies before joining the Big Brother Naija lockdown edition in 2020. She started her acting career as the lead role in the 2015 movie Secret and Scandal and has since featured in other movies like Hire a woman (2019), Made in heaven (2019), Poker Messiah, The Wig, etc.

Teddy A

When Tope Adenibuyan, aka Teddy A, got into the Big Brother House in 2018, he was already a budding singer looking for a platform to showcase his talent.

However, since he left the reality show, Teddy A, who is married to another former BBN contestant, BamBam, has appeared in some Nollywood movies including ‘The Gift’, ‘No Budget’, ‘Unsane’; and a television series, Funke Akindele’s ‘Jenifa’s Diary.’

Tokunbo 'Tboss' Idowu

Tokunbo Idowu whom everyone knows as T Boss featured in the second season of Big Brother Naija in 2017 before venturing into acting. The 38 years old celebrity has acted in so many movies after her BB Naija fame including Up North (2018), The island, etc.

Somadina 'Soma' Anyama

Like the last two names on the list, Soma was a contestant on the BBNaija season 2 edition. Even though he lasted only two weeks, Nollywood came calling and he answered.

Soma has acted in TV shows like Shuga and Jenifa's Diary.

Gifty Powers

Gifty contested one the second season of the BBNaija reality show, lasting a period of twenty-eight days. Like some of her fellow housemates, she decided to venture into acting and it seems to have paid off.

Her movies include Grey Shadows and Success.

Tobi Bakre

In 2018,Tobi Bakre, then an investment banker, resigned from his job to participate in the third season of BBN. He emerged as a finalist on the show and has since been featured in a few Nollywood flicks.

The ex-reality TV star has appeared in movies such as ‘Sugar Rush’, ‘Fix Us’, ‘Mokalik’, ‘Phases’, ‘Hustle’ and TV series, ‘Jenifa’s Diary.’ and the recent Gangs of Lagos movie.

Venita Akpofure

Venita Akpofure had been featured in a few movies before participating in BBN in 2019. However, the ‘Pepper Dem’ edition of the reality TV show was what really put the spotlight on her.

Venita has starred in movies such as ‘Kambili: The Whole 30 Yards’, ‘Unmarried’, While You Slept’ and ‘Losing Control and Dice’

Cynthia 'Cee C' Nwadiora

Cynthia Nwadiora, better known as Cee C, achieved prominence when she became the runner-up of BBNaija season 3.

She made her Nollywood debut in the television series Fake Liars, starring alongside popular names like Nkem Owoh, Charles Okocha, and Broda Shaggi.

What is your ideas on Big brother naija stars becoming Nollywood actors and actresses , let me know in the comment section below.
where is efe
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by sniperr007(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2023
iammo:

Leave tobi oh.

Baba is doing well, improving as an actor every new role.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by phemmyfour: 2:31pm On May 20, 2023
iammo:
Gangster of Lagos
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by phemmyfour: 2:32pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos and Blood covenant respectively.
Erica wasn't there
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2023
ecolime:
I only rate these 4-- Gideon, Bisola, Soma & Tobi.

The rest are just there lipsrsealed
Erica is quite good she just needs to add more spice to her acting...
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Melkizedeck: 2:44pm On May 20, 2023
What about that girl with Big breasts? The one featured in Brotherhood??

Dorathy Bachor

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2023
Vinnie2000:

u are living in the past... Is like saying oh Pele maradona etc so Messi Ronaldo ETO drogba aren't worth it... Every era is different I can even see some persons saying Tobi and bisola no Sabi as d person go fit do if given opportunity... Bisola was even already acting before BBN... As much as we relish the past the present is also ok... Except u just wanna dwell in d past

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Menclothing: 2:54pm On May 20, 2023
More than 60 of them act movies just that they are not in lead role

Some are into adverts too
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by nazicartel(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2023
Deh try attach pictures to their names. We know some by faces and not by their names
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Olodo24: 2:57pm On May 20, 2023
They need to stop casting Dorathy though. Babe can't act her way out of a paper bag. She was the weakest link in Brotherhood. She has no business being in movies.

I'm still of the opinion that Tobi Bakre has some talent, but he isn't a good actor. He can't emote. He just reads his lines like one-way traffick. Chike out acted him in Gangs of Lagos while Oc Ukeje and Bright Okpocha aka Basket Mouth made him look like a statue in Brotherhood. Even Diane did way better. He's just getting buzz because of his sex appeal and the entertainment value of his films.

Mercy Eke seems to have improved based on Shanty Town. She was way better than that manufactured Nancy Isime.

Gideon Okeke and Bisola are the best. They need more, bigger and better opportunities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo's Wife, Amara Stuns In New Pic / Munachi Abii For Bmpro’s ‘the Turban Series’ (photos) / Ndiana Inyang's Fiance Dies! 'He Called And I Was Busy As Usual'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.