Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office (21845 Views)

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. / My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / 7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Yungmil: 3:08pm On May 20, 2023
Please guys am seriously in confusion right now on what to do, I work in a tomato company in Kano state.

My supervisor who is related to the owner of the stole my money about 70k.

Now my confusion is if I should report him or not because he is our supervisor and the company only listens to him and not the other workers.

Am scared if I go ahead and report him I might end up being affected. They all speak housa which I don't.

It is only both of us in the office, yet he denied it. I don't have any other job yet

Please should what should I do?

4 Likes

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 20, 2023
Yungmil:
Please guys am seriously in confusion right now on what to do, I work in a tomato company in Kano state.

Now my confusion is if I should report him or not because he is our supervisor and the company only listens to him and not the other workers.

Am scared if I go ahead and report him I might end up being affected. They all speak housa which I don't.

If your evidence is authentic do the needful, may be you should ask if anyone found your money, Kano is a Sharia state ... stealing is frowned at.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 20, 2023
Have you confirmed that he was the one who stole the money? Do you have any reasonable evidence? If you're not sure who stole the money, it would be wrong to accuse anyone, let alone a senior colleague, of theft.

My advice is for you to report the case to the appropriate authorities at the workplace but DON'T mention anyone's name. Let them know you lost money in the office or that your money was stolen, but don't mention names if you ain't sure.

Shalom.

227 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Bluntguy: 3:15pm On May 20, 2023
If you would be working while another eats why not resign and find a job in a better suited organization.

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Yungmil: 3:17pm On May 20, 2023
Bluntguy:
If you would be working while another eats why not resign and find a job in a better suited organization.
I have not gotten another job yyet

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Wodu89: 3:21pm On May 20, 2023
Yungmil:

It is only both of us in the office, yet he denied it.

You didn't lose money, young lad. You invested into the company

Majority of people infact 90% would ask you to report, resign etc. But think of it as deducaations from your few months salary.

Endure the loss.

It's hard to get new work. Hold on to your work. Be more careful. Play your cards. More opportunities for growth would come.

You can't ha dle the war that comes with making him an enemy. Even your life isn't safe.

It's a seed. Not a loss

Be patient.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Yungmil: 3:21pm On May 20, 2023
Please guys contribute cos it's urgent.
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Yungmil: 3:22pm On May 20, 2023
Wodu89:

You didn't lose money, young lad. You invested into the company

Majority of people infact 90% would ask you to report, resign etc. But think of it as deducaations from your few months salary.

Endure the loss.

It's hard to get new work. Hold on to your work. Be more careful. Play your cards. More opportunities for growth would come.

You can't ha dle the war that comes with making him an enemy. Even your life isn't safe.

It's a seed. Not a loss

Be patient.
Thanks a lot. My fear is losing the job. To get Work is hard these days

4 Likes

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Wodu89: 3:23pm On May 20, 2023
Yungmil:
Thanks a lot. My fear is losing the job. To get Work is hard these days

It's just a small thing..But be watchful. Keep your job. Job no dey outside o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by anthonyuncle(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2023
be sure before making any complain

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by xpressionx(m): 3:34pm On May 20, 2023
bro Northerners support themselves even if they're wrong.
That's the reason even in abuja,one "drugged up" okada guy will jam your car and the whole aboki will gang up against once they discover you don't understand the hausa.

Reporting a Northerner to another Northerner especially when you don't have evidence is nit a cool idea.

Except you just want to report a case of missing money without pointing accusing fingers.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Yungmil: 4:02pm On May 20, 2023
What should I do
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by We4all: 6:33pm On May 20, 2023
Why did u bring such amount to the office? Do you have a safe in the office?

I hope you know that even if your supervisor is guilty, his aboki boss and colleagues will still support him.

Let it slide and just lick your wounds. Unless you want to receive some lashes for false claims since you got no proof that he stole it.

Working with abokis can be very challenging. You really need to be careful so they don't set you up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by slawomir: 1:27pm On May 22, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by oluwaseyi0: 1:27pm On May 22, 2023
1) how do you know he is the one that steal the money?
do you have convincing evidence and not just mere speculations
2) what are you doing with such huge money in the office
3) do your offical responsibilty entails you handling pyhical cash
4) is the money your personal money, third party money or office money
5) do your office have secure facility for storing money which only you can have access to?
6) where do you keep the money

either way know that the odds are against you,
if it's your money and you can affor to let it slide I'll advise so
then never ever ever bring any money above 5-10k to your office ever again

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Godwin4444: 1:27pm On May 22, 2023
If u have evidences beyond reasonable doubt…note ( beyond reasonable doubt) then u can proceed but that talk of na only 2 of una no follow ooo

Probably events to add up or tell him to swear by any holy book
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by safarilove(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2023
That language barrier is the real issue if you report it might bounce back cos these people always support their own!

You can man up and talk to him about the incident in a respectful manner. Cook up something the money was meant for and if he doesn't give a damn just let it slide. Be more vigilant next time.

Karma has a way of repaying every deeds whether good or evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2023
Dicey! Be a man! Are you a contract staff? If No, report him.. u are protected under Work right and can't be relieved of your job if no concrete reasons. Also protected under right ACT under NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS ,get ur Union leader involved, don't jus jump to the HEAD/MANAGEMENT, also gather Evidences , description of container money conveyed in.
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by TheBTCinvestor: 1:29pm On May 22, 2023
tongue
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Billionaire2: 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
What evidence do you have that he stole the money?

Yrs ago my friend visited me in the village for a ceremony. He spent 2days in my village, the day he wanted to leave his wallet went missing. Aside me the only person that had access to my visitors room was my younger cousin who was then a student. All fingers pointed to my cousin, I even called him privately and searched his bags because he was about going back to school same day. He cried as I searched his bags. I asked him to just produce the wallet even if he had taken money inside it, the wallet contained my friends military I’d card and bank cards. We didn’t find the wallet so I lend my friend cash to get him back to his state as I continued my search for the wallet.
The next day we saw the wallet in our village restroom(still under construction then) my friend had used the toilet and he personally removed his wallet and placed it between some building bricks before using the toilet. He was drunk he couldn’t even remember what happened.
When I told him where we found the wallet he recalled and started apologizing…. It took the collective apology of all family members for my cousin to forgive me for the embarrassment

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by iFESTAC680(m): 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
don't be in a haste to conclude
Make your findings to the ground
And set him up

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by newdawn2017(f): 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
jackcanfield:

If your evidence is authentic do the needful, may be you should ask if anyone found your money, Kano is a Sharia state ... stealing is frowned at.
well said, he should vow to go spiritual as well
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by TenQ: 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
Yungmil:

It is only both of us in the office, yet he denied it. I don't have any other job yet

Except you have an ironclad EVIDENCE as it will boomerang against you if you don't. Please lick your wounds and keep away your valuables away from him.

Except you are willing to spend to trap him in another future episode of stealing

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by SAMBARRY: 1:30pm On May 22, 2023
techbroX:
Have you confirmed that he was the one who stole the money? Do you have any reasonable evidence? If you're not sure who stole the money, it would be wrong to accuse anyone, let alone a senior colleague, of theft.

My advice is for you to report the case to the appropriate authorities at the workplace but DON'T mention anyone's name. Let them know you lost money in the office or that your money was stolen, but don't mention names if you ain't sure.

Shalom.
Yorubas Will say whenever your stuff is stolen (whatever it is) you're the only one that is clean while everyone is a suspect because you cannot steal what is your own

Anyway I suggest that you report to the right authorities within the organisation (not Naija police) because them no Sabi settle matter,them dey escalate am because of what they want to gain from it.again the Yoruba elders say you don't come out of court cases and still be friends with whoever you dragged to court so you don't want to report to the police and then after the issue is settled, there's sack Letter on your table so deal with it wisely
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by ATEAMS: 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
Nawao
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by omoredia: 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
Go to ur village and swear for him. It will catch him
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by drightguy(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
Meet him for the second time and if he denies again.
Trace him home and do the needful while he is resting with his family
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Goodlady(f): 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
That's a senior theft.
Why did you leave or keep your money in the office Mr Yungmil?

1 Like

Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Rubyjade: 1:31pm On May 22, 2023
wink
Re: My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office by Awoh55: 1:32pm On May 22, 2023
Do proper investigation before going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" / Can A Chemistry Graduate Work In Oil Company? / Financial Decisions You Shouldn’t Be In A Rush To Make As Entry Level Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.