Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,377 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

My Horrible Experience At A Military Event - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Horrible Experience At A Military Event (27997 Views)

TEK EXPERTS NIGERIA: Discuss Your Horrible Experience With The Company. / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by We4all: 2:23pm On May 22, 2023
Mrbenny001:
small post you're too lazy to read... that's how you fail simple exam.. read b4 you comment next time

Oloriburuku, I read the entire post. You don't strap a baby to your back and go queue up in a rowdy and disorganized environment. There will always be stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by RaptorX: 2:23pm On May 22, 2023
The parents are probably proud they have a bully now in the family they can use to settle disputes with their neighbors and customers. I have zero pity for anyone or anything associated with the Nigerian army, so they should flog them well.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by SoaringLife01: 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Hambivert:
Take this same Nigerian soldiers for UN peace keeping mission, and see how humane, kind and caring they would become. I kind of think Nigerian soldiers hate Nigerians.

Many soldiers join the force to bully "bloody civilians", while some become filled with vile and evil because of the supposed kind of training they underwent. Imagine telling someone to walk with his head all in the name of training. That is bullying not training.
Nigerian soldiers strength is sparogatively rekindled when they are faced with armless and non-violent civilians, but whenever they post them to Maiduguri or the hinterlands of terrorism, they would begin to resign or run away entirely.
I think some of the rigorous trainings is to help the military personnels to have a strong mental power during war time and when captured as PoW.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by louken(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2023
A friend narrated similar story when he and his parents went for his younger brother's pop. The only difference is that nobody flogged anybody. They were made to stand on long queue for several hours at the gate.
His brother was recruited through direct short service.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Impera(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2023
I can't for the life of me understand why any Nigerian will join the armed forces? I further can't understandwht another Nigerian will follow the first nigerian to a military so that they wlil use you and shine....what they cannot try boko haram
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Ara21(f): 2:48pm On May 22, 2023
jackcanfield:
Okay noted the Military High Command would improve next time, perhaps they are doing all this for security reasons.

COAS please take note.

What kind of security reasons, me I blame the people that went there and stayed even after seeing what others are going through. Why not wait for their person to come home and then celebrate it within themselves even in a more better way.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Sablexxxtoons: 2:58pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:
So I attended the recent POP for soldiers (84 Regular Intake) at the Depot Barracks in Zaria last Saturday and what I saw actually left me traumatised.

First, the guests were made to queue from 4am till up to 12:30pm, despite the fact that they stopped allowing guests in since 10am.
Secondly, they were flogging the visitors for not maintaining a straight queue.

By visitors, I mean parents and family members of the new soldiers o. There was a male & female queue, occasionally they'd just say the queue isn't straight and dash into them with whips.

Old people carrying food & drinks for the ceremony will run and scatter here and there with foods pouring away everywhere, yet gather again with hope of getting in to see their loved ones.

They claimed the event is open, yet they suffer people that came just for their own amusements and entertainment. Almajiris were robbing people on the queues and they didn't bother.

Instead they're exchanging whips and descending on old people & friends of their colleagues. Even the female soldiers joined in and they're just having fun while at it.

A woman lost her baby. She was backing the baby and the baby died due to the pressing & stampede when soldiers were flogging. The people of Zaria were already used to it.

Most businesses around PZ area of Zaria didnt bother opening that day. Last year they claimed a guy died too in the process of flogging. Apparently its a regular thing and it never got to the media. I know only officers have value in the army & soldiers are treated like pawns but to see the parents of soldiers treated like that was traumatic & heartbreaking.

I didn't see whom I went to celebrate with. Some of us that came from outside the state and experienced the culture shock too didn't bother humiliate ourselves by joining the queue and we went back jejely.

For anyone that's attended a military POP, is it always like that for soldiers or Zaria's case is just unnecessarily brutal? I'd like to know please.

Thank you op for bringing this barbaric acts to light. Boko haram and ipob dey there they are flogging innocent and peaceful civilians. That woman that lost her baby should sue the entire NA to court for billions.

Now this is out it must stop. This is good journalism from op

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Jagabanarmy: 2:59pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

But it's funny how those northerners are dying to join, despite the fact that they ship them off to war zones immediately for up 5 years o to go and die.
They just want to wear the uniform and die while the officers remain in barracks getting jumbo allowances
They have their reasons for joining the army. A colonel from the north Will bring in about 2300 of people in his LGA but down south we are not doing same. An ethnic group that dominate the army forces owns the country.. period

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Kharol1234: 3:03pm On May 22, 2023
Like the one that happen this morning along IBA First Gate the Army Gun truck followed one-way without traffic on the other lane, and they were still flogging people about to cross. Sometimes there over Sabi they too much.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Segzy19: 3:07pm On May 22, 2023
Nigeria military is shit! All they know how to do is flex against civilians... They are animals in human clothing!
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by 43Ronin: 3:09pm On May 22, 2023
u guys need to understand that the Nigerian army was created as a tool to destroy and suppress the African. it was formerly known as British West Africa Frontier Force. This was used by the British to kill insurrections against their rule. Th BWFF killed no less than 50 women in the aba women riots, they were sent to Ghana to crush the uprising of "rebels" where late Aguiyi Ironsi did a perfect job for them and was immediately crowned the most superior officer in black Africa- being the first African to achieve the rank of General. You see that training of killing civilians is still in them.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by doggedfighter(f): 3:17pm On May 22, 2023
Steve0979:
Broda man u absolutely right.I am a serving personel too but I detest d army pass shit,everyday naso I go just dey tink in regret y I joined.its just no anyoda sure means of eating for now sha Mk we still dey manage den go

Steve, can't you resign and find something else to do ?
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by VULCAN(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2023
Even chatGPT's brain is more sensible than yours.

How can you justify flogging the parents of soldiers for attending a ceremony?

jackcanfield:
Okay noted the Military High Command would improve next time, perhaps they are doing all this for security reasons.

COAS please take note.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by ItisWell22(f): 3:44pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

But it's funny how those northerners are dying to join, despite the fact that they ship them off to war zones immediately for up 5 years o to go and die.
They just want to wear the uniform and die while the officers remain in barracks getting jumbo allowances

They get posted to the Niger Delta, where they enjoy some oil money, likewise the South East where they’re the all plus all.
It’s a win-win for them.

While the few Southerners who join will be deployed most often than not, to the war zones.

You get it now? undecided

Jagabanarmy:

They have their reasons for joining the army. A colonel from the north Will bring in about 2300 of people in his LGA but down south we are not doing same. An ethnic group that dominate the army forces owns the country.. period

💯

It favours them!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Mrbenny001: 3:51pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:

Oloriburuku, I read the entire post. You don't strap a baby to your back and go queue up in a rowdy and disorganized environment. There will always be stories that touch.
Your entire family is oloriburu... it's a ceremony anyone can attend including babies, pregnant woman and disables ..has nothing to do with joining the army... your comment shows you have mental problem...I will advise your family see to your matter... Foolish thing

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 22, 2023
VULCAN:
Even chatGPT's brain is more sensible than yours.

How can you justify flogging the parents of soldiers for attending a ceremony?

Just keep quiet if you have nothing meaniful to say
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Nicenixon: 3:54pm On May 22, 2023
HarunaWest:
Oga we don wear khakhi before oo. The military especially should have been reformed a long time ago. Na cos some of us no see the reform, that's why we Opt out.
As in so archaic.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Bighead9: 3:55pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

Majority of the officers are still from North
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Mrkindness: 4:13pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

normal awusa man don't have blue for Life. Not to talk of their parents.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by wolebest: 4:15pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:
So I attended the recent POP for soldiers (84 Regular Intake) at the Depot Barracks in Zaria last Saturday and what I saw actually left me traumatised.

First, the guests were made to queue from 4am till up to 12:30pm, despite the fact that they stopped allowing guests in since 10am.

By visitors, I mean parents and family members of the new soldiers o. There was a male & female queue, occasionally they'd just say the queue isn't straight and dash into them with whips.

Old people carrying food & drinks for the ceremony will run and scatter here and there with foods pouring away everywhere, yet gather again with hope of getting in to see their loved ones.

They claimed the event is open, yet they suffer people that came just for their own amusements and entertainment. Almajiris were robbing people on the queues and they didn't bother.

Instead they're exchanging whips and descending on old people & friends of their colleagues. Even the female soldiers joined in and they're just having fun while at it.

A woman lost her baby. She was backing the baby and the baby died due to the pressing & stampede when soldiers were flogging. The people of Zaria were already used to it.

Most businesses around PZ area of Zaria didnt bother opening that day. Last year they claimed a guy died too in the process of flogging. Apparently its a regular thing and it never got to the media. I know only officers have value in the army & soldiers are treated like pawns but to see the parents of soldiers treated like that was traumatic & heartbreaking.

I didn't see whom I went to celebrate with. Some of us that came from outside the state and experienced the culture shock too didn't bother humiliate ourselves by joining the queue and we went back jejely.

For anyone that's attended a military POP, is it always like that for soldiers or Zaria's case is just unnecessarily brutal? I'd like to know please.

It's called the "Herd Effect"

People will subject themselves to hardship and brutality unknowingly.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by LeeSmart: 4:29pm On May 22, 2023
Dem say make una try get connection una no gree....
To be honest those soldiers got no chill
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by We4all: 4:31pm On May 22, 2023
Mrbenny001:
Your entire family is oloriburu... it's a ceremony anyone can attend including babies, pregnant woman and disables ..has nothing to do with joining the army... your comment shows you have mental problem...I will advise your family see to your matter... Foolish thing

What is this one saying? I made two independent statements, but you are just too dumb to comprehend.

Everyone knows how rigorous an army pop can be, and only fools like u will attend with a baby strapped to their backs.

Then I mentioned that enlisting in the Nigerian army is a suicide mission. Any smart person could figure I was referring to the graduands. But you were too hasty to bark without an iota of comprehension. Ode...
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by uwagboe1: 4:31pm On May 22, 2023
Ransomware:
This is what happens when a country's military does not know its responsibility.
The primary responsibility of every armed force is to protect the citizens of their country, not brutalize them at every opportunity.
Everything for Naija na reverse opposite he dey run... public office holders that are meant to provide enabling environmental and jobs keep it's citizens in abject poverty, police are supposed to protect us from armed robbers but they are the once extorting us at any chance they get..army no longer protect and fight for us, instead they are brutalizing us...na who we offend.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by stevestifler(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:
Why did the woman go with her baby? Enlisting in the army in Nigeria is a suicide mission. It ain't worth it.

she didnt enlist. she wasnt there to join the army. She went as a guest to go and celebrate with her family member that was doing POP.

Are you saying she is supposed to have left her baby at home?

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Mrbenny001: 4:39pm On May 22, 2023
We4all:

What is this one saying? I made two independent statements, but you are just too dumb to comprehend.

Everyone knows how rigorous an army pop can be, and only fools like u will attend with a baby strapped to their backs.

Then I mentioned that enlisting in the Nigerian army is a suicide mission. Any smart person could figure I was referring to the graduands. But you were too hasty to bark without an iota of comprehension. Ode...
I no get time to argue with mumu like you... crawl bake to your cave

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 22, 2023
Steve0979:
Broda man u absolutely right.I am a serving personel too but I detest d army pass shit,everyday naso I go just dey tink in regret y I joined.its just no anyoda sure means of eating for now sha Mk we still dey manage den go
Tell us your experience in the army because most people will like to join.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by drtee247(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2023
I didn't know there was a POP going on that saturday and i was going to PZ to get new tires for my car...the traffic created by those soldeirs was terrible..

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by deltateam: 6:00pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

Next time wear a hidden body cam to capture the faces of the senseless soldiers who dare to weep their parents.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by balarabe01(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2023
Zombie o, zombie, zombie o zombie. Zombie nogo go until you tell am to go, zombie. N. Army is zombie ~~~fela.
But i think the soldiers on duty are already high on drugs. They want you to call them aside and buy your way into the venue. Keep doing like mumu.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by We4all: 6:09pm On May 22, 2023
stevestifler:

she didnt enlist. she wasnt there to join the army. She went as a guest to go and celebrate with her family member that was doing POP.

Are you saying she is supposed to have left her baby at home?

Yuck! I made two independent sentences nah. Did you see a colon or semi-colon in my sentence?

I'm aware she went as a guest and asked why she attended the pop with a baby. Then the second sentence was my way of expressing displeasure with the army.

And yes, she wasn't supposed to attend such an event with a baby strapped to her back considering how uncomfortable the ceremony is.
Re: My Horrible Experience At A Military Event by kushme: 6:09pm On May 22, 2023
Ransomware:
This is what happens when a country's military does not know its responsibility.
The primary responsibility of every armed force is to protect the citizens of their country, not brutalize them at every opportunity.

Here is the thinking, We should protect bloody civilians from whom exactly? e.g Cameroon army or Chadian army.. Lai lai, those countries won't invade nigeria and neither would Nigeria invade any of them.
So, the question is, who are we going to use to test our battle readiness should in case any neighbor armies think of attacking us?

The average Nigerian uniform man (boyscout) sees an armless civilian as an enemy combatant...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mckinsey First Round Interview / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.