Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? (5019 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by paxonel(m): 1:02am On May 21, 2023
Why do people will rather choose not to be sinful, is it because of the fear of hell fire or because of the fear of the immediate or later consequences?

I know that everyone make mistakes in life, but what kind of mistake do attract hellfire punishment?

Is hellfire enough deterrent for any sin all?
Has anyone had the misfortune to go to hellfire and was back to life, what was your experience?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Is the devil and his angels tormenting people in hellfire enough deterrent for sin?

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Nobody: 1:35am On May 21, 2023
No hell fire, no heaven, no God (s)!🤷‍♂️

6 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by EnemyofGod2: 6:13am On May 21, 2023
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable concretable approvable evidence of their existence

shocked shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 6:24am On May 21, 2023
paxonel:
Why do people will rather choose not to be sinful, is it because of the fear of hell fire or because of the fear of the immediate or later consequences?

I know that everyone make mistakes in life, but what kind of mistake do attract hellfire punishment?

Is hellfire enough deterrent for any sin all?
Has anyone had the misfortune to go to hellfire and was back to life, what was your experience?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Is the devil and his angels tormenting people in hellfire enough deterrent for sin?

1. Hell was not made to be a deterrent for sin, it was made as a place to put creatures who are useless to God and his Will.
2. It is erroneous to think that the devil and his Angels torment people in hell: hell is also a torment for them. Everyone in hell is suffering his wages

5 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Jones4190(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2023
Hell fire iss not for human just as heaven is not for all christian

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by hopefulLandlord: 8:15am On May 21, 2023
No!

paxonel:
a lot of people are constrained by the believe of hell and it works for them morally

They would probably have acted the same way even if they didn't believe testament to this are atheists all around the world who don't make the news for bad things not saying there are no bad atheists but most of these mass killings done in USA for instance are done mostly by religious people and terrorism for instance is mostly Islamic which is also religious. Also in the Christian and Islamic view no matter how much sin you commit you can still make heaven if you repent so I could murder, rape, steal and take advantage of people anyhow and I can still make heaven whereas I can do all the good in the world and still end up in hell just because I chose the wrong god or religion. Hitler's armies might make heaven cuz they were Christians who might have asked for forgiveness of sin before dying whereas Anne Frank is definitely burning in hell right now cuz she's a Judaism believer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:18am On May 21, 2023
You cannot stop people from acting a certain way with an imaginary threat.

6 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by paxonel(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
a lot of people are constrained by the believe of hell and it works for them morally

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by bewla(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2023
Until man no God fir na sure
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by felong(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2023
This hell fire story is really confusing to me.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by truthCoder: 10:02am On May 21, 2023
No. Hellfire is not enough.

That is why there is a place called Nigeria.

Nigeria is the advanced form of hellfire.

Only the small sinners go to hellfire. The real crooks are born in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by ITbomb(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2023
I call it gospel of threat.
I don't do good because if I do bad I will go to hell.
I live righteously because I believe that's the only way to be a "partaker of the divine nature" which is the key to everything.

Same way I call the so called "tapping the anointing through money (during preaching) ", a gospel of betting

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by flexyrule(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
No hell fire, no heaven, no God (s)!🤷‍♂️

No God... The clouds, the ground you walk upon and the air you breathe just appeared from nowhere right?

No worry.

Soon, your eye go clear.

ReacherSaidNoth:

Imaginary threat ba... Issokay.

ITbomb:
I call it gospel of threat.
I don't do good because if I do bad I will go to hell.
I live righteously because I believe that's the only way to be a "partaker of the divine nature" which is the key to everything.

Same way I call the so called "tapping the anointing through money (during preaching) ", a gospel of betting

Gospel of threat. Nobody preaches hell again these days.

My friend would say, it's better she believe in hell, and discover that hell doesn't exist after death, at that point, she has nothing to lose. Than for her to assume that there's no hell, then die, only to discover that hell actually exsist.

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by hopexter(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like hellfire,

It’s always good to live a good life just in case there’s hellfire smiley
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by LeyeWrites: 10:05am On May 21, 2023
There's no hell.

And speaking of Sin, I avoid it because of it physical effect on my wellbeing.

It's stupid to do things that are bad for you.

7 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Godjone(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2023
grin

Which other hell fire are you talking about? Buhari has relocated hell to Nigeria within 8 years

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Mantilla(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2023
Make money first then you come let's talk about religion.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by pol23: 10:08am On May 21, 2023
That concept of heaven and hell seems fishy to me.
Have you wonder why God and Government have the same rules.
It seems more like a government apparatus .
If we can’t get you to fear the police and prison, maybe Satan and Hell will work the magic.
Guess what, it’s working pretty fine even me wey they form hard guy sometimes get controlled by this mechanism.
Yoruba religion have no hell.
I believe religion is just kind of a mechanism to stop human from hurting humans…. I might be wrong though, but that’s my thought.

6 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MrBroke(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2023
Ain't real. An imaginary or mental invention by wise men to control, decieve and manipulate ignorant people.
I don't need to believe in hell or knows it exist for me to do the right thing. Humans are no different from animals, easily manipulated, animals do the carnivorous killings to their prey. Humans do the psychological control to their prey.

3 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:09am On May 21, 2023
Hellfire is a myth.

5 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:09am On May 21, 2023
50/50
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Sucre6: 10:09am On May 21, 2023
Hell fire is real as far as Bible and science is concern, but most people choose to live in sin because it's easy trying not to live in sin requires serious discipline and staying focus.
Plus they believe that God is ever loving and ever forgiving, they would say

Lemme enjoy my life and explore to the fullest, when I get married or get old I repent, without them knowing that they are not the owner of their lives who determines when to die
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by APCNig: 10:10am On May 21, 2023
Some Niggas don’t care
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Ola4lead(m): 10:12am On May 21, 2023
How will God put devil to oversee hell when devil himself is a sinner

How will one sinner be punishing another sinner ? Please explain cos the story never clear

Cos that is all we call injustice

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2023
Of course it doesn't make sense. No just person will punish you infinitely for a finite offence. Something does not add up.

The average human full of sin and wickedness can not even set his enemy on fire but you are expected to accept that a God that is an embodiment of love will burn you forever and ever.

And this is not even about living in sin. You can live a morally upright life and be human but for the very fact that you do not believe in a certain God you will burn in hell. Doesn't make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 21, 2023
flexyrule:

No God... The clouds, the ground you walk upon and the air you breathe just appeared from nowhere right?

No worry.

Soon, your eye go clear.

Imaginary threat ba... Issokay.

Gospel of threat. Nobody preaches hell again these days.

My friend would say, it's better she believe in hell, and discover that hell doesn't exist after death, at that point, she has nothing to lose. Than for her to assume that there's no hell, then die, only to discover that hell actually exsist.

Provide evidence, and stop ranting here! 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:16am On May 21, 2023
Hell is enough deterrent for sin, because after death,there is no repentance or mercy or forgiveness of sin in the grave.
Hell was originally made for Satan and his demons,but he has vehemently vowed to drag as many souls as possible to share the flames of eternal damnation with him.
Lucifer is very wicked,so much that he would prefer nobody made Heaven,but he's a realist.
He knows some will make Heaven,but he's relentlessly fighting to get the greatest majority to Hell. He's throwing in a very wide array of weapons in bringing millions to eternal damnation.
Being the god of this world,Satan uses mind control to induce humans to focus on self and satisfying the desires of the flesh, programs evil desires and the urge to execute them.
He has great influence over humans when they are far from God, and do things, believing in their self sufficiency, without bringing God into the picture.
Hell is deterrent for sin, because eternity there is unimaginable.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by EnemyofGod2: 10:16am On May 21, 2023
hopexter:

It’s always good to live a good life just in case there’s hellfire smiley

There's nothing like just in case, believe me, there's nothing like heaven or hellfire.hellfire is just a human imagination. cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Fattesticles: 10:19am On May 21, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Provide evidence, and stop ranting here! 🤷‍♂️

Is that why you are sweating and screaming to prove a point?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Izi91: 10:20am On May 21, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable conc retable approvable evidence of their experience.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Like seriously? Are you no God? Then who created man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Sufficient God? / What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / Is It A Sin To Bet On Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.