Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

List Of South African Foods - Food (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of South African Foods (51382 Views)

African Foods In Brazil(photos) / 10 Mouth-watering African Foods You Need To Try / South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 5:12am On May 26, 2023
Dissatisfied? I didn't post those pictures to satisfy you.

So please, mind your unhealthy oily food.

You guys just made yourselves a joke by claiming that rice, noodles, cucumbers, and a common chicken that's eaten everywhere in the world as your native food..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.. Who are you fooling who?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
poshestmina:

Not ALL meats and not by everyone.

Truth is : I'm very dissatisfied with the foods or snacks posted.
Nothing there was attractive to me.

I see reasons why food tour bloggers don't go to SA!!!

Tasteless meals made with bitterness for your race.

Arindin!
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 5:24am On May 26, 2023
But why are you Nigerians like this?

Your people have been trash talking my SA food from the first page but yet I didn't feel a need to retaliate.

Now that my fellow South Africans are expressing their dislike for your native food, you guys start getting emotional and feel attacked.

Personally I don't think I'll ever eat Nigerian food because I find them disgusting too, but I never did criticized them.

You start mentioning white South Africans when they don't even correlate with the topic at hand... When your people were busy criticising SA food, did I mention Boko Haram, Bandits, and others? DID I?
IkeIgboNiile:
WannaHowzit

Don't Nigerians add rats to everything they cook as long as it has tomato pasteโ˜น๏ธ

Your food is the most disgusting in the world - animal skins, snakes, moles, bats, dogs, cats - anything considered protein.

No animals left in Japageria except well guarded dogs and cats, rats and cockroaches.

Spoken like the demented fellow,we all know you are. South African blacks have no history or culture besides what the whites says.
All your foods look like leftovers of your white man's dogs ๐Ÿคฎ

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by poshestmina(f): 12:17pm On May 26, 2023
Samantha124:
Dissatisfied? I didn't post those pictures to satisfy you.

So please, mind your unhealthy oily food.

You guys just made yourselves a joke by claiming that rice, noodles, cucumbers, and a common chicken that's eaten everywhere in the world as your native food..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.. Who are you fooling who?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

No Nigerian will claim those as our native food when we have lots ,lots of food that are indigenous to us .
You hardly see a Nigerian man that will prefer noodles over Swallow and correct Ofe Nsala,Afang ,Edikaikon or Olugbu.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2023
It's clear you didn't check all the comments, you just come here to deny something you know nothing of... One of your people did posted them here and claimed they're your native food.

Who knows? Maybe he's ashamed of his native food..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
poshestmina:

No Nigerian will claim those as our native food when we have lots ,lots of food that are indigenous to us .
You hardly see a Nigerian man that will prefer noodles over Swallow and correct Ofe Nsala,Afang ,Edikaikon or Olugbu.

Re: List Of South African Foods by TheSuperX(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2023
Samantha124:
One nairalander asked that I post about South African foods and I thought since I now have all the time to myself, let me do it now before something comes up.

mariahAngel, food is ready... grin grin grin

1. Samp and beans. You can either choose to eat it as it is, or you can add some lamb or beef stew on the side, even chicken stew... Personally I prefer beef stew because I don't eat lamb.
Didn't I warn you to stay away from this forum?

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by ghettochild4u(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2023
Samantha124:
But I thought you and I are done chatting as you've already answered my question long time ago..๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Why answer it all over again? undecided undecided undecided
Sorry...
My conflicting accounts tho..
Re: List Of South African Foods by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2023
You guys really ruined this beautiful thread.
What a bunch of immature morons!
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 6:28pm On May 29, 2023
Samantha124:
But why are you Nigerians like this?

Your people have been trash talking my SA food from the first page but yet I didn't feel a need to retaliate.

Now that my fellow South Africans are expressing their dislike for your native food, you guys start getting emotional and feel attacked.

Personally I don't think I'll ever eat Nigerian food because I find them disgusting too, but I never did criticized them.

You start mentioning white South Africans when they don't even correlate with the topic at hand... When your people were busy criticising SA food, did I mention Boko Haram, Bandits, and others? DID I?
You'll soon find out Nigerians are exactly like this, As soon they find out you're South African, they act weird. Every thread with a South African theme ends exactly like this. They also troll my "Beautiful South African girls " thread with HIV talk, they are like this
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 29, 2023
And it was one of their people that requested that I post about SA food, else I wouldn't have wasted my two hours posting something that could've just took me 15 minutes.

But because I like keeping my promises, I persisted until I was able to post few pics regardless of nairaland giving me a tough time.
KingCold:
You'll soon find out Nigerians are exactly like this, As soon they find out you're South African, they act weird. Every thread with a South African theme ends exactly like this. They also troll my "Beautiful South African girls " thread with HIV talk, they are like this
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 6:47pm On May 29, 2023
Samantha124:
And it was one of their people that requested that I post about SA food, else I wouldn't have wasted my two hours posting something that could've just took me 15 minutes.

But because I like keeping my promises, I persisted until I was able to post few pics regardless of nairaland giving me a tough time.
The funny thing is it's mostly the men that like acting like this, the women tend to be calmer. I guess you'll need to grow a thick skin because it's only just starting, Lol,
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 29, 2023
Sometimes I just don't have the energy and I'd choose to just read and ignore.
KingCold:
The funny thing is it's mostly the men that like acting like this, the women tend to be calmer. I guess you'll need to grow a thick skin because it's only just starting, Lol,
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 7:33pm On May 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Sometimes I just don't have the energy and I'd choose to just read and ignore.
I remember when you said before you registered on this forum you used to see us, the likes of TMK, Jace, Lesud, etc, constantly arguing...well, this is why. People on this forum understand arguments as a way of communicating, maybe that's one of the reasons Nigerians shout when they're having a conversation.
Re: List Of South African Foods by JaceBlaze: 7:08am On May 30, 2023
KingCold:

Very odd and contradicts the claim of them being the MANLIEST men in Africa LoL.They are usually more dramatic than women.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 8:57am On May 30, 2023
You can say that again, sometimes I wonder how their women handle them because they're such spoilt brats... They easily get offended and can nag like bitter women.

Yet they call themselves alpha men..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
JaceBlaze:

Very odd and contradicts the claim of them being the MANLIEST men in Africa LoL.They are usually more dramatic than women.
Re: List Of South African Foods by JaceBlaze: 9:13am On May 30, 2023
Samantha124:
You can say that again, sometimes I wonder how their women handle them because they're such spoilt brats... They easily get offended and can nag like bitter women.

Yet they call themselves alpha men..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

If a man has to tell you that he's an alpha just know that he's not๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ..same way if someone has to tell you how intelligent they are,or how rich they are.Action and results have to prove it,not gum flapping grin grin
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:20am On May 30, 2023
grin grin grin grin
JaceBlaze:

If a man has to tell you that he's an alpha just know that he's not๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ..same way if someone has to tell you how intelligent they are,or how rich they are.Action and results have to prove it,not gum flapping grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 9:20am On May 30, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Bro, they all got this man-child thing going on and they all vindictive asf
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 9:21am On May 30, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
WannaHowzit

Don't Nigerians add rats to everything they cook as long as it has tomato pasteโ˜น๏ธ

Your food is the most disgusting in the world - animal skins, snakes, moles, bats, dogs, cats - anything considered protein.

No animals left in Japageria except well guarded dogs and cats, rats and cockroaches.

Spoken like the demented fellow,we all know you are. South African blacks have no history or culture besides what the whites says.
All your foods look like leftovers of your white man's dogs ๐Ÿคฎ
We have no history or culture? More like you have no knowledge
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 9:22am On May 30, 2023
JaceBlaze:

If a man has to tell you that he's an alpha just know that he's not๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ..[b]same way if someone has to tell you how intelligent they are,o[/b]r how rich they are.Action and results have to prove it,not gum flapping grin grin
A certain Morpheaus comes to mind

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by JaceBlaze: 11:53am On May 30, 2023
KingCold:
A certain Morpheaus comes to mind

That one must be ignored.
Re: List Of South African Foods by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:24pm On May 30, 2023
KingCold

Are you trying to tell me that this what shaka and the others who lived before the whiteman took over your country ate?
So yes non of your food looks African or authentic besides the pap.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 30, 2023
Yes, that's what they ate... Pap and samp is made of maize that they used to grow in their farms, including beans, and leafy greens... And the meat came from their livestock and poultry... Some were also hunters.

Our people have been farmers long before the white people came to SA.

What about you Nigerians that claim noodles and rice as you native food?
IkeIgboNiile:
KingCold

Are you trying to tell me that this what shaka and the others who lived before the whiteman took over your country ate?

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Yes, that's what they ate... Pap and samp is made of maize that they used to grow in their farms, including beans, and leafy greens... And the meat came from their livestock and poultry... Some were also hunters.

Our people have been farmers long before the white people came to SA.

What about you Nigerians that claim noodles and rice as you native food?

I don't think I've quoted you before. There's a lot of native food in Nigeria. Every tribe has at least 2 major foods with many types of soups. That's not mentioning the local snacks.
Now count the number of tribes in Nigeria and imagine how many local dishes we have here.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 30, 2023
Okay, tell me at least 15 Nigerian native soups that you know and explain to me their differences.
crows2ravens:

I don't think I've quoted you before. There's a lot of native food in Nigeria. Every tribe has at least 2 major foods with many types of soups. That's not mentioning the local snacks.
Now count the number of tribes in Nigeria and imagine how many local dishes we have here.
Re: List Of South African Foods by KingCold: 5:24pm On May 30, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
KingCold

Do you think what you're also eating was being eating by your earlier generations? Jollof rice? Really?
Cuisine like culture evolves , In a country like South Africa were there are many cultures and is a melting-pot , influences from other cultures rub- off, in out slang, there a lot of Afrikaans words, in our cuisine there are influences of other cultures as well, having said that, there a lot of ethnic dishes that Samantha didn't post, this list in definitely not exhaustive. So please before doing what every Nigerian liked to do, that is going on and on about white people , be cognizant of this fact
Re: List Of South African Foods by labi1977(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2023
Samantha124:
Even though I've never seen Nigerian food in real life, I've seen some in few of your movies, on YouTube and here on nairaland... That thing looks like mashed potatoes... You even call it swallow because you don't chew it, you just swallow, meaning it's way too soft to chew.

Your side dishes always seem too oily and what surprised me is that you guys can cook three different types of meat in one pot at the same time.. How are you guys able to taste each flavour of the meat when cooked altogether?

I once watched a video whereby a Nigerian was cooking goat, chicken, and fish altogether and I was like whaaaat๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Here in Lagos I had sa pap ( just realised it now) and some sort of beef stew. the pap I had to throw away lipsrsealed the beef was tasteless but I managed to carnivorously put it down somehow

Brai/meats looks ok tho...
Re: List Of South African Foods by ahnie: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Okay, tell me at least 15 Nigerian native soups that you know and explain to me their differences.
Hey Sam,I love how you re giving it to those senseless Nigerian men.

Keep it up.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
At least one Nigerian lady appreciates it.. grin grin grin

Because lately I've noticed how some of your sisters have been gunning for me too and wanting me gone from this forum... They're out to fight for their men.. grin grin grin
ahnie:

Hey Sam,I love how you re giving it to those senseless Nigerian men.

Keep it up.
Re: List Of South African Foods by ahnie: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
Samantha124:
At least one Nigerian lady appreciates it.. grin grin grin

Because lately I've noticed how some of your sisters have been gunning for me too and wanting me gone from this forum... They're out to fight for their men.. grin grin grin
Only a small percentage of our men are sensible here.

The rest are doofuses.
The lady's are lovely here,we tackle them to their faces, hugging them with the bitter truth they aren't ready to hear.

Worst they do is to brand you an unpleasant tag,but since you know you aren't what they're branding you to be,I just shrugged my shoulders.

But I tell you,most of the men/boys here are senseless.
Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by LilleG(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Shey Nigerian dishes too day there?
Re: List Of South African Foods by Godsgift7837: 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
LilleG:

Hello sir. This is the guy you helped when I was broke writing my project then. I'm done and awaiting service now. Please know that I can never forget this. Thanks
However I didn't have any plan of contacting you again but only to say thanks, but circumstance beyond our control just happened now. I know I sounded as an ingrate but pls know that I don't have any option.
It's about my brother who just started school. The guy has to deferred last year so I can finish first cox the load will be too much on our single parent. He's studying a medical course. We have our plan of paying his school fees in due time but the school just shocked us last week by releasing a circular that all students should pay before this Friday or else they'll have to defer! Infact we've tried our best by raising up to 80k out of 100k+ from the his fee (we've paid acceptance fee and his accomodation too). Now we're thrown into confusion because my parent is very broke now. He really spent a lot for my project and his business is down now. We don't know who to meet again cox no one is ready to help.
Please sir, that's why I come back to you again and I know it's bad but please consider us. Even if you'll borrow us the balance (25k), I don't mind coming to you physically so we can deal and we will appreciate any help you can do for us. Please don't let him stay at home for another year. Ejowo ni tori olorun sir. Pls do this LAST one for me. Emase jeki oju kotiwa. It will be very shameful for them to send him home because of the remaining balance. I sent you a DM so I can send you his admission letter and the deferment payment slip of last year. Please sir, thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not the username you contacted me with last time.
Re: List Of South African Foods by LilleG(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
Omoh I'm salivating already

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Look At The Tomatoes I Bought For 200 Naira In Jos / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Man Saves N357,000 By Not Drinking For 124 Days (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.