Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

List Of South African Foods - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of South African Foods (51389 Views)

African Foods In Brazil(photos) / 10 Mouth-watering African Foods You Need To Try / South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of South African Foods by Starboytwo(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2023
There’s no how you will chop this kain of food and not think of looting the store down the street.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of South African Foods by TemmyT002(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2023
They all look ridiculous but I want to try them all.

3 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Asswipemod: 2:22pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
3. Creamy Samp. With this one you don't add beans. You add some veggies, cream cheese, powdered milk, butter, and your seasonings.

What's a samp?

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
12. Pap and chicken intestines... I'm not going to lie, I love chicken intestines, but I don't like the process of preparing them because you have to make sure that the chicken feaces are properly removed before you can cook them... They always remind me of home.. grin grin grin.. most of the time when I'm alone I buy those ones that are already cooked... But when I'm at home I'd convince my mother to prepare them and I'd cook them afterwards... grin grin grin
Most of South African foods are made from Goat, fowl and cattle intestines/meat if I get you correctly? No native soup or local dishes?

7 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nice2023(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
7. Braai. I don't know what you guys call it, but I believe it's some sort of a barbecue.. It goes well with pap, chakalaka, and some salad... I personally prefer it with cold pap.. There's something about that cold pap and braai.. grin grin grin

Most Nigerians can't afford this oh.

Sincerely speaking,95% of the people here are grossly poor and this would make them aggressive.

Watch how they will get angry at u.
Re: List Of South African Foods by viodemus: 2:23pm On May 22, 2023
SA got some good food.

Number 4 is hot dog with a different presentation format.

SA is beautiful

6 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 22, 2023
I don't eat goat meat and it's like you guys love goat more than beef.

How do you guys get goat meat here in SA because it's like none of the SA shops and restaurants sell it? But I could be wrong.
ghettochild:

You are missing alot... u need to taste it to better understand what am describing...

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Parrot69: 2:24pm On May 22, 2023
See the kind of rubbish these 5'7 feet people eat. embarassed
Something I normally feed my backyard goats as snacks. undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of South African Foods by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
One nairalander asked that I post about South African foods and I thought since I now have all the time to myself, let me do it now before something comes up.

mariahAngel, food is ready... grin grin grin

1. Samp and beans. You can either choose to eat it as it is, or you can add some lamb or beef stew on the side, even chicken stew... Personally I prefer beef stew because I don't eat lamb.
ewa agonyin sighted...

una dey follow drink garri 4 dat side sef?
grin

4 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by blesboi(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2023
I love them
Re: List Of South African Foods by Angelfrost(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Great article... However, everything just looks almost the same... Culinary Variety, Creativity, and Versatility are clearly lacking!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Calm down..😂😂😂
Starboytwo:
There’s no how you will chop this kain of food and not think of looting the store down the street.

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Asswipemod: 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
10. Chicken gizzards. I believe you also know what chicken gizzards are.

Yes. It's lizard found in chicken.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Asswipemod: 2:25pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
12. Pap and chicken intestines... I'm not going to lie, I love chicken intestines, but I don't like the process of preparing them because you have to make sure that the chicken feaces are properly removed before you can cook them... They always remind me of home.. grin grin grin.. most of the time when I'm alone I buy those ones that are already cooked... But when I'm at home I'd convince my mother to prepare them and I'd cook them afterwards... grin grin grin

Chicken intestines? Gross.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 22, 2023
How do they look ridiculous? grin grin grin
TemmyT002:
They all look ridiculous but I want to try them all.
Re: List Of South African Foods by iammo(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2023
No wonder south African have big big bum bum.... Damn lots of meat and protein. This thread is making me hungry for lunch

7 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 22, 2023
It's made of maize.
Asswipemod:

What's a samp?

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by Asswipemod: 2:27pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
No, we don't.

You don't have yams? Oh no! Terrible!
Re: List Of South African Foods by Bahamas95(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2023
Most of the food look irritating to me.

8 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by zanshi: 2:28pm On May 22, 2023
Looks mesmerizing compared to our Nigerian swallow, swallow everytime

4 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by fuckJones(f): 2:28pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm trying to post more pictures, but nairaland is giving me a difficult time in uploading the pictures.. I'm close to giving up.
you most finished what you start or we take you to court

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of South African Foods by 3seriez(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Vetkoeks and mince. It's fat cakes and minced meat. You can choose to eat the vetkoeks as they are, or you can add some minced meat, polony, russians, viennas, or even atcha.

This vetkoeks use to be sold at our local ShopRite stores, tried it once, tasted ok but the mince meat was too salty.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
7. Braai. I don't know what you guys call it, but I believe it's some sort of a barbecue.. It goes well with pap, chakalaka, and some salad... I personally prefer it with cold pap.. There's something about that cold pap and braai.. grin grin grin

Hmmm, looks yummy

2 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Gamesmart: 2:29pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm trying to post more pictures, but nairaland is giving me a difficult time in uploading the pictures.. I'm close to giving up.

Which are your own personal Top 3?
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 22, 2023
That's our local food.

We have beef stew, chicken stew, fish stew, and beans stew... Also pap and samp... I can't say rice because we all know rice.
Jahwinaboy:
Most of South African foods are made from Goat, fowl and cattle intestines/meat if I get you correctly? No native soup or local dishes?

1 Like

Re: List Of South African Foods by ghettochild(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat goat meat and it's like you guys love goat more than beef.

How do you guys get goat meat here in SA because it's like none of the SA shops and restaurants sell it? But I could be wrong.
There is. I still ate it bout 2 weeks ago...with peppersoup.
When I was teaching in KZN...(Harding). I used to see goats at the goat stall in town ready for sale.
Also back in jozi(randburg) there's a place that people eat goat meat along with sizzling pap right there on the table of the seller( ur South African Brothers)

5 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by ghettochild(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2023
Goat is way cheaper than cow meat in Nigeria.
Re: List Of South African Foods by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2023
Samantha124:
13. Biltong. It's dried beef... I prefer eating it as a snack.
low a$s budget kilishi!

Las las, southy dey suffer 4rm lack of better food!

em no get ogbono, egusi or even okro soup!
cool

11 Likes

Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 22, 2023
They're already accusing me of posting white people food, but I don't see anything white about those food.

Braai is just meat cooked on a braai stand.
Nice2023:

Most Nigerians can't afford this oh.

Sincerely speaking,95% of the people here are grossly poor and this would make them aggressive.

Watch how they will get angry at u.
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 22, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Parrot69:
See the kind of rubbish these 5'7 feet people eat. embarassed
Something I normally feed my backyard goats as snacks. undecided
Re: List Of South African Foods by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 22, 2023
I don't understand, can you use English?
MichaelSokoto:

ewa agonyin sighted...

una dey follow drink garri 4 dat side sef?
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Look At The Tomatoes I Bought For 200 Naira In Jos / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Man Saves N357,000 By Not Drinking For 124 Days (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.