Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University (31218 Views)

Student Beats Teacher To Death For Flogging His Younger Sister In Delta (Photo) / My Younger Brother Joined NDA After Graduation From University / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by ironkurtain(m): 12:13am On May 22, 2023
malcom1X:
Bro there are lecturers meant for this, he needs to talk to those lecturers.

It is that lecturer that will tell him what he needs to do.

Secondly you need to check your brother why would someone have 5 carryovers?
Is it money, gambling, girls, flexing or cultism.

You need to focus on the main issue rather than beating round the bush...

You need to ask him what the problem is.

This best answer so far
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by speedxe1256(m): 12:35am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:
My younger brother studying biochemistry at the University of Benin have had about 5 carry overs. Now he is in his third year, and he is seriously depressed. I have seriously reprimanded him and also consoled him but I don't want him to spill and based on the fact that when am in school I never had issues like this, I decided to bring this online.

Is it possible for him to drop some of the mandatory courses in his department(note not core courses o,but mandatory courses) to accommodate for the carry over courses he had.

Please I need legit answers from those who are experienced in issues like this.

Mod u can place or more this to the rightful thread, Some might still be passing through this situation too in silent.

If he can register all the required courses then he can graduate even without passing all of em but written the exams...
If he cannot register all the required courses due to him exceeding the required credit load , then he will have to come the following year..

Biochemistry in uniben no be Beans, he should see it as a 5years course.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by MeineMutter: 1:24am On May 22, 2023
Your brother head no fit carry book. Withdraw am make im go learn trade or start a business.

He gets easily distracted by the frenzy of being a university student.

Do a discrete investigation on him. He is either a cultist or into women or just generally lazy with his Korofo head.

What were his performances in years 1 and 2? Did he just experience this drop in performance or he has been struggling since he enrolled on this course?
If your family doesn’t have money to spend on him for extra years, please cut your loss and withdraw him now. There’s is possibility he would drop more courses.

Ire o.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by MasterTeeUSA: 1:30am On May 22, 2023
its not terrible in my opinion, but a lot of those I know with 2.2 or 3rd class just like Lower Credit or Pass have trouble getting a good job. If you trace it back, most of these students majored in courses they didn't care for - all in trying to enter University by force by tipatipa.

Ashawoman82:
so 2;2 is now a terrible result? Anyway it depends how on your course of study .
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by MasterTeeUSA: 1:33am On May 22, 2023
so out of all the information I wrote, the only thing that matters to you is which scholarship...so you can fleece the information? What is wrong with us. Even your manner in asking sef is a major turn off....which scholarship?

Next time, write a full sentence...like..."It is true school is not for everyone, and I am glad you had a chance to make some life decisions. I would like to know more about the scholarship you got for your Masters, and I would appreciate if you can expand on that."

We live and learn.

RenegadeX:

Which scholarship?
Here or abrod

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by cejaypriesty(m): 2:22am On May 22, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Mention those folks; Oakes,"Voakes", Ovoke,etc; don't provokes or don't get provoked... Don't be easily voked&provoked... Did you want to smokes or drink cokes...? Smokes&drink cokes...? You want a coke or you want to smoke(cigarette...like Gareth, Margaret, Macbeth, Elizabeth,etc; that use to play bet, wear beret, play bet&wears beret or use their belt&beret to play bet...? Let us bet... You are from what "beth", wears what belt&beret, gives birth to what, etc...?...)? What did u know or can u say about cokes,chokes&smokes, pokes&provokes, yokes&etc...? "Do not be unequally yoked with d unbelievers..." It is GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST(IN THE FORM OF ANNOINTING OR WHO&WHICH COMES IN THE ANNOINTING,ETC...), dat breaks d yokes or can breaks d yokes&okes or oakes of Ovokes, Oakes, "Voakes"/Vaughan, etc... May we not be yoked,be...
Hey ! what's going on here 😂
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Chikebranny123(m): 3:29am On May 22, 2023
My honest council...
He should change department...
If in year 3 he has this much carryover...
Then his Cgpa can't send sms...
He should swap course and start developing afresh. He will join the 200 level with a chance to redeem himself

Resurrection212:
You are silly boy go and face your miserable life that is fading away if care not taking you will not graduate. You will become big brother in campus.

Not to mention the unspoken politics in the biochemistry department in Uniben...
Since he's not close to Any lecturer he will just suffer in vain

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by kafeii123: 4:01am On May 22, 2023
kafeii123:
Tell him to see his Department's examination officer and his own level registration officer...this two are the best persons to advise him
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by enemyofprogress: 5:02am On May 22, 2023
I ate education with passion, I just doesn’t like it. Nothing gives one peace of mind than ignorance
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Raysleek: 5:18am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

U are crazy.if u have nothing to contribute pls you could have kept quiet.me and u nor dey the same category offline.I don't tolerate idiots with nothing to show for life to come and ruin this thread be warned

Mr Donald trump ass licker cheesy
You dey find advice but you have itchy fingers and bad manners to hurl insults at people. One question I just want to ask is who in your lineage can be compared to Donald Trump? Why una dey like inherit other people enemies.na wa
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Resurrection212: 5:48am On May 22, 2023
That bastard will not take a meaningful council except sweet one they like someone that will deceive them.
Chikebranny123:
My honest council...
He should change department...
If in year 3 he has this much carryover...
Then his Cgpa can't send sms...
He should swap course and start developing afresh. He will join the 200 level with a chance to redeem himself

Not to mention the unspoken politics in the biochemistry department in Uniben...
Since he's not close to Any lecturer he will just suffer in vain
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Tijani009: 6:44am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:
My younger brother studying biochemistry at the University of Benin have had about 5 carry overs. Now he is in his third year, and he is seriously depressed. I have seriously reprimanded him and also consoled him but I don't want him to spill and based on the fact that when am in school I never had issues like this, I decided to bring this online.

Is it possible for him to drop some of the mandatory courses in his department(note not core courses o,but mandatory courses) to accommodate for the carry over courses he had.

Mod u can place or more this to the rightful thread, Some might still be passing through this situation too in silent.[color=#990000][/color]

I dont think there is anything he can do about not spilling if it was in 200l itvwould have been ok because 400l in uniben cannot take much credit loads maybe 3 courses at most, so he should bear his fate
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by DEMAGE(m): 6:48am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

U are crazy.if u have nothing to contribute pls you could have kept quiet.me and u nor dey the same category offline.I don't tolerate idiots with nothing to show for life to come and ruin this thread be warned

He might not be that crazy my friend, you said you have been there before you are supposed to know better. Moreover, every semester has it on credit load which is 24 while some semester is not up to 24 and that is when you will add up your carryover
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by ola9ja(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2023
Call me in the morning, I am in the best position to tell him what to do, I have been through situations worst than this during my undergraduate days in Uniport but I scale through with the right decision.

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by parisbookaddict(f): 7:29am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Mod u can place or more this to the rightful thread, Some might still be passing through this situation too in silent.

Nigerian universities have a course adviser than manages that year of students. He should schedule a meeting with his and discuss his options, 5 carry overs is not a joke
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Sweetvie: 7:39am On May 22, 2023
Damn! Biochemistry na die
If you ain't a brainy just don't try it.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by IJOBA11: 7:40am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

You are mad,sense u nor get u think everybody is hopeless and useless like you are.i am not your mate.dont ever u quote me again.
Ozuor
Ndi ara

Mtcheew
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY @ THE BOLDED 😡
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Blitzking: 8:07am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Biochem is a deadly course and it requires cramming especially here in nigeria where we have very few good lecturers who are interested in you coming out with good grade..if he is type that engages in so many things he would find it hard did biochem for 2 years in the uni as a side course didn't enjoy it..saw it as a necessary evil I later understood it after graduation while preparing for my boards exam in usa. Its was wat I studied last. Had hostel mates who changed from biochem to psychology
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Barims(m): 9:14am On May 22, 2023
Mcslize:

Any carry over you have, you can't write it that same semester. That's why it's called carry over. You will carry it over to the next session.

You can't write first semester courses in second semester. For instance, that's why you see course code being arranged as CHE561 & CHE562.

That 1 indicates first semester and that 2 indicates second semester.

You cannot write that CHE561 in second semester of that same session.

Just for an illustration.

Alright thank you boss
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by lordswill03: 9:23am On May 22, 2023
Kindly reach out to Guidance and counselling unit of the school. I am a counselor at my school and what we usually do in this situation is invite both the student and his course adviser to find a way out. I wish you good luck. Moreover, you've got to find out the main reason of the carry over, he still has third year and final year exams to write
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Ibrahimgram(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

I had 22 carry overs
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by eldoradoxx: 9:55am On May 22, 2023
When we were in university years ago, you first of all register for your carry-overs before you register the course for the semester. So if he has 5 carry-overs, he has to register 5 of them and if there is credit unit course enough to take what is left he can register the new course. So it is automatic spill over.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Delightsome2023: 10:48am On May 22, 2023
IJOBA11:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY @ THE BOLDED 😡
is it not supposed to be onye ara?
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by MrAgbako: 10:53am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

You are mad,sense u nor get u think everybody is hopeless and useless like you are.i am not your mate.dont ever u quote me again.
Ozuor
Ndi ara

Mtcheew
nah u dey find advice nah u still sabi curse. Dey play. Nah extra year u go do las las. 😂
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Okiton: 10:55am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Who the heck is this modafucka ranting?
My friend shut up and go to your course adviser, and stop coming to nairaland to show ur illiteracy.
Wetin u get sef wey u dae make noise for here?
Who u be?
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Dstar434(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Try to find out if it's possible to purchase additional credit units. In my uni days (not Uniben), people did buy additional credits to reduce the risk of leaving out some mandatory courses.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Troublesome23: 11:19am On May 22, 2023
[quote author=Oskiki post=123270937][/quote]
You are a good person
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by kamtrix(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2023
PaNnamdi:

I'm a very private person, and almost didn't type this, but I won't be silent over what God did for me. Schooled in uniben too. Exactly same faculty, I use to go read at biochemistry library and still have many friends from his department. Firstly, it might not be his fault, the department actually had so many students with carryovers as at then, the department seemed to purposely try to fail its students.
I had exactly same case, 300 lvl 5 carryovers and I was getting ready to spillover. But God promised me in 2 dreams as well as with physical signs that He will give me victory even though it was largely my fault. I only had to believe even though it was tough. Sometimes I'll cry and regret not knowing how to study properly in the past. 300 level was my first session every without failing any course. Uniben had a rule of 50 credits with 51 maximum a session, so registering all carryovers is impossible sometimes. I had to push all carryovers to 400lvl, but by God's grace I passed all then except for 1, and I had also exceeded the 51 credit limit. I was even advised by my course advisors assistant to come and begin spillover session, but I decided to trust God. My result was delayed for almost a year, but God told me to be still and know that He is God. I never solicited anyone or begged anyone or lobbied anyone. Just me and God. The story is long lol. After months of waiting I was called to come and clear that I had successfully graduated. All through clearance, I thought I was dreaming. Jehovah had won.

Your brother should trust in God. And he should do his best in all remaining exams, and God will help him as He helped me in that same faculty. I hope this long writeup will be helpful. May God bless you

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Haakeem(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2023
Starhearts:

Who be juvenile

Pls withdraw ur statement
Na small pikin you be na.
Infant🙄
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by Ashawoman82: 8:47pm On May 22, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
its not terrible in my opinion, but a lot of those I know with 2.2 or 3rd class just like Lower Credit or Pass have trouble getting a good job. If you trace it back, most of these students majored in courses they didn't care for - all in trying to enter University by force by tipatipa.

it's an average result sir,as a skilled engineer u could get world class jobs with it, even in naija...no employer considers grade again....so far it's not pass , one could still get a job. Things have changed, it was in the days of our father that a 2:2 is seen as a terrible result.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by MasterTeeUSA: 5:36am On May 23, 2023
2.2 or Lower Credit could still affect getting into a Masters program. I know someone that got into UI...they only took 2.1 and above...and traveling abroad too, 2.1 and 1st seems to be the best approach....that is not to say 2.2 or Lower Credit cannot, but not top schools unless you have other major accomplishments to back things up.

Ashawoman82:
it's an average result sir,as a skilled engineer u could get world class jobs with it, even in naija...no employer considers grade again....so far it's not pass , one could still get a job. Things have changed, it was in the days of our father that a 2:2 is seen as a terrible result.
Re: My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University by pland(m): 2:51am On May 24, 2023
Greetings,

Based on your matter, if you don't mind to chat me up on WhatsApp so I could have a private discussion with you? ...+229 90 54 75 68

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benjamin Ola-Akande, President Of Westminster College, U.S / Only One Clipper Was Used To Scrape Off The Hair Of Covenant University Students / Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.