Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,907 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? (24748 Views)

How To Apply For Dangote Refinery Ongoing Job Recruitment / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Gbright560: 3:17pm On May 22, 2023
post=123271013]Opportunity comes but once. The opportunity is here again for the prepared minds. Before my NYSC in 2004, I had a mindset to serve and be retained in a multinational company during my service year, that dream came to pass. One major thing from my years of industrial experiences lacking in Nigeria is MENTORSHIP. Young graduates roam about like sheep without Shepherd and most time end up in POS and KEKE businesses. This should not be so.
Do you know that the refinery is going to bring industrial revolution in Nigeria and Africa at large. Those prepared will be absorbed while the unprepared will continue the blame the government.
Not everybody will work in the refinery, majority will work in the offset of the refinery. There will be hundreds of auxiliary companies that will come onboard as affiliates. More production from oil companies, hence more job openings. Many experience hands will leave their present jobs and migrate to the refinery jobs, hence more vacancies in other sectors.
There will be placement for all the prepared minds irrespective of the course of study; Engineering, linguistics, medical, accounting, safety, foreign relation, statistics, chemistry, and so on.

I will be letting you know what you should do to increase your chances of being absorbed there.
Please indicate if you're following. We move.[/quote] how about Mass Communication graduate do I got a chance too ?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2023
Dshocker:
70% of staffs will be filled with Pakistan and Indians.

Very true at Nigerian's disadvantage. We must reverse the trend.
Please, youths get prepared and take over your jobs

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by PerfectStranger(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2023
adubam:

I don't advise people to read mass comm in this digital era where everyone irrespective of course of studies can easy venture into.
Since the deed has been done already, what's the way forward bro?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2023
hosemujica:

You are right , trust some Nigerians will take government job attitude with them to that industrial complex, some will be spotted early and fired while others would have caused a lot of damages before they are found.

Let’s hope they figure it out fast, cause the country needs that place to be at least 80% functional.

Exactly
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Meddymeddy: 3:25pm On May 22, 2023
I wish you could create a WhatsApp group and mentor us
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Inag(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2023
ytdivine:
Opportunity comes but once. The opportunity is here again for the prepared minds. Before my NYSC in 2004, I had a mindset to serve and be retained in a multinational company during my service year, that dream came to pass. One major thing from my years of industrial experiences lacking in Nigeria is MENTORSHIP. Young graduates roam about like sheep without Shepherd and most time end up in POS and KEKE businesses. This should not be so.
Do you know that the refinery is going to bring industrial revolution in Nigeria and Africa at large. Those prepared will be absorbed while the unprepared will continue the blame the government.
Not everybody will work in the refinery, majority will work in the offset of the refinery. There will be hundreds of auxiliary companies that will come onboard as affiliates. More production from oil companies, hence more job openings. Many experience hands will leave their present jobs and migrate to the refinery jobs, hence more vacancies in other sectors.
There will be placement for all the prepared minds irrespective of the course of study; Engineering, linguistics, medical, accounting, safety, foreign relation, statistics, chemistry, and so on.

I will be letting you know what you should do to increase your chances of being absorbed there.
Please indicate if you're following. We move.
I'm following. I'm a M.Sc holder in Accounting ( Taxation) still job hunting. Pls link me
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2023
Rubyjade:
We dont have skilled workers, but look at the supply chain and see were you can fit in

That's the awareness we're creating. We should acquire the necessary skills

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2023
tonicyril:
OP good afternoon sir.... I studied Civil Engineering and I am also on Software Engineering, and I can handle stacks like C, Python, SQL, HTML AND CSS... I am also having 4years experience as a warehouse Manager sir.

Please sir what department do u think I can fit in?

Many depending on your interest
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2023
jnrbayano:

Do you entertain DMs?

Get me through my YouTube channel
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Acesexcell(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2023
SoaringLife01:

You don't need to change career bro.Civil Engineering will remain relevant till when the world ends.
Go and develop yourself on Design Softwares in Civil/Structure field.
Use your free time as a civil servant to develop yourself.
thanks for the advice sir. I appreciate
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by thesilentman(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2023
ytdivine:
Let me not sound high by talking about Automation, Electronics, Mechanical, Civil, Project, Mechatronics, Process, Quality, Electrical, Spare parts inventory management, Procurement, Industrial, and Production Engineering.
Let's start low
Do you know you can learn forklift driving, truck driving, fire service skill, safety management, etc
Any of these and others not mentioned above can get you the ticket.

How prepared are you?
Am willing to be your mentee,sir.The skills you listed above,how can they acquired and get certified for it?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2023
Ephatah:
I am a female electrical engineer. I didn't really believe I could practice so I ran to other fields. I want to retrace my steps. You are right in saying alot of youths don't have mentors. A small word of advice or knowledge could have helped put me on the right track. Thank you sir. I am really interested in how Nigerian young pprofessionals can maximize this huge opportunity.

Never late sister, get connected to me through my YouTube channel

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by virginboy1(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2023
Nice Thread
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2023
clockwisereport:
Thank you @ytdivine for this wonderful eye opener.

God bless us all
Thanks for the compliment
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2023
Meddymeddy:
I wish you could create a WhatsApp group and mentor us
Connect to me through my YouTube channel
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by tonicyril: 3:52pm On May 22, 2023
ytdivine:

Many depending on your interest
pls take ur time to enlighten me sir, I might need ur input even outside the dangite refinery web

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by asobo1: 3:56pm On May 22, 2023
Dshocker:

First of all, those that earns N5m in Nigeria are few, not up to 20 in number.

Secondly you are still a slave, no matter how much you earn.
Dey play. In Borno north east alone, there are over 20 people who earn N5m a month @International NGO.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Juanmike(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2023
Hamachi:
How do we make money in the supply chain?
I studied computer science,in need of a job.
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Dshocker(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2023
ytdivine:

Very true at Nigerian's disadvantage. We must reverse the trend.
Please, youths get prepared and take over your jobs

How do you intend to do that?
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Dshocker(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2023
asobo1:
Dey play. In Borno north east alone, there are over 20 people who earn N5m a month @International NGO.

Thank God you said international NGO.

How many companies in Nigeria can afford to pay mere staff N5m?
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ytdivine(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2023
thesilentman:

Am willing to be your mentee,sir.The skills you listed above,how can they acquired and get certified for it?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel to learn more

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by HELLASJ(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2023
Following
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Monzze: 6:21pm On May 22, 2023
Following keenly as a job seeker
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by ggood: 6:23pm On May 22, 2023
ytdivine:
Opportunity comes but once. The opportunity is here again for the prepared minds. Before my NYSC in 2004, I had a mindset to serve and be retained in a multinational company during my service year, that dream came to pass. One major thing from my years of industrial experiences lacking in Nigeria is MENTORSHIP. Young graduates roam about like sheep without Shepherd and most time end up in POS and KEKE businesses. This should not be so.

Please indicate if you're following. We move.
am following am interested
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Babastrong(m): 6:43pm On May 22, 2023
[quote author=ytdivine post=123276129]

If you're in conversant with induction motor, there is what is called slip angle.

How I solved it
There is a unit attached to a drive system called Electronic brake. That unit handles regeneration faults. When I open the unit, I discovered that the fuse cut and I made a replacement.[ You can achieve this by replacing slip ring with split ring. Your motor would work like generator in the presence of split ring.]
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by Babastrong(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2023
[quote author=ytdivine post=123271013]Opportunity comes but once. The opportunity is here again for the prepared minds. Before my NYSC in 2004, I had a mindset to serve and be retained in a multinational company during my service year, that dream came to pass. One major thing from my years of industrial experiences lacking in Nigeria is MENTORSHIP. Young graduates roam about like sheep without Shepherd and most time end up in POS and KEKE businesses. This should not be so.
Do you know that the refinerindustrial revolution in Nigeria and Africa at large. Those prepared will be absorbed while the unprepared will continue the blame the government.

Please indicate if you're following. We move.[ Good evening brother. I studied industrial chemistry but I am jobless. Please help!!!
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by abdulwassi(m): 7:20pm On May 22, 2023
I'm following bro, please note my name.

ytdivine:
Am a successful business man, running my personal business at the moment and some earn salary under me.
I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering in my first degree and did my masters in Control Engineering. I left company as an Automation manager. I was trained locally and internationally and had worked with many Expatriates across the globe. All through my service, it was all problem solving. The problems never ends and very fees hands were involved. I was working as an employee and running my business at the same time. The business grew and could pay my salary, I quit and became my own boss.
Am compelled by the level of unemployment in the country and youth involvement in crimes to render this unsolicited service. Am not here to make money so relax and learn from my over 15year industrial experiences
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by mauchiz: 7:34pm On May 22, 2023
Im interested
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by adubam(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Since the deed has been done already, what's the way forward bro?

Learn video editing and production. You're be fine
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by PerfectStranger(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
adubam:

Learn video editing and production. You're be fine
I swear there's no funds to learn any digital skill. That's why I've been job hunting just to have some savings.
And the only way I can do that is to move to Lagos.

Been having several job interview invitations lately but I got no accommodation,atleast up until I secure a job. I'm lost man, I need help ASAP. embarassed
Re: Dangote Refinery: How Prepared Are You As A Job Seeker? by adubam(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2023
PerfectStranger:

I swear there's no funds to learn any digital skill. That's why I've been job hunting just to have some savings.
And the only way I can do that is to move to Lagos.

Been having several job interview invitations lately but I got no accommodation,atleast up until I secure a job. I'm lost man, I need help ASAP. embarassed

It must not be in Lagos. YouTube has a lot of free videos to learn with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Are There Jobs In Uk ? / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.