Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor (41879 Views)

Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:07pm On May 21, 2023
Hahahahahaha .

The same Asabawood your village people are standing on the main road to watch on tvs..SMH

Well..the award no get levels.

16 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Duru009(m): 7:07pm On May 21, 2023
AMVCA has turned into "Yoruba award ceremony"...

27 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by CSTRR: 7:08pm On May 21, 2023
Go outside Nigeria, and you will realize that the so-called asabawood is the real Nollywood that people know.

How many people know all those fancy Lagos based actors?

44 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by slowice(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2023
Amvca is not serious about bringing Nollywood together... They are still doing classism

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by maestroferddi: 7:10pm On May 21, 2023
Your pettiness na direct belgium...

Everything in your life is all about tribalism...

27 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Goodman2023: 7:10pm On May 21, 2023
RTID:
I like how when it comes to the AMVCA awards, they always ignore Asabawood actors.

I mean, see the winners nah. Can you compare?

Destiny Etiko for one, would have shown up to the award, wearing one Catwoman swimsuit with her signature abortion belt to match, doing live videos in her Prado Jeep shouting;

"This is my sweat. I worked hard to get to where I am today."

Or imagine Zubby Michael receiving an award for the Best Agbero In A Movie, then he comes on stage to shout;

"Ke di ife neme si. Umu otu anokwa eba ehh."

Chizzy Alichi will now tell him to sit down, that he is too local.

Na so fight go start. Destiny will go live again to shout "it's my money, it's my sweat".

I don't know any of the winners...it's more like a regional award...the media hype was something else...banza... yoruba award

28 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by HacheNoire: 7:10pm On May 21, 2023
What is “Asabawood” again?

I am lost!

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by iammo(m): 7:11pm On May 21, 2023
CSTRR:
Go outside Nigeria, and you will realize that the so-called asabawood is the real Nollywood that people know.

Go and check YouTube numbers and come and clear this trash

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Dshocker(m): 7:11pm On May 21, 2023
Area2D:
This is Not good for our unity

Which unity are you talking about, we've never been united as a country.

7 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by halaqasa: 7:12pm On May 21, 2023
E be many things

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Freemasonry: 7:16pm On May 21, 2023
OP

Your post reflects deep-seated prejudice.

There was really no need for the thread.

Except for your need to rant.
I hope you're happy now?

13 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Vinnie2000(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2023
MultiChoice Ignoring the 'Asaba Productions' or African Mgic Epic movies is very UNFAIR and EXPLOITATIVE. undecided

Alot of Nigerians subscribe to DSTV and GOTV to watch those Films.
Many ladies, Housewives and Grandmas in Nigeria watch ONLY that African Magic Epic channel.🙂

So The Discrimination from the AMVCA organizers and MultiChoice is very BAD.😕😒

They should have a Category for them, in the Next Awards. smiley

13 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by BrickDevo: 7:18pm On May 21, 2023
Which insensible mod pushed this nonsense to front page, very discriminative post. Seun

13 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by RecentHistory: 7:20pm On May 21, 2023
Duru009:
AMVCA has turned into "Yoruba award ceremony"...

Just like you can say Grammys is a Yoruba award because Yorubas have 14 Granmys and you losers don't have a single one grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Goalnaldo(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2023
Jealousy will not kill you. Atleast asaba get wood which one your state get?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by maestroferddi: 7:20pm On May 21, 2023
Goodman2023:

I don't know any of the winners...it's more like a regional award
A very huge joke indeed...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by RecentHistory: 7:21pm On May 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

MultiChoice Ignoring the 'Asaba Productions' or African Mgic Epic movies is very UNFAIR and EXPLOITATIVE. undecided

Alot of Nigerians subscribe to DSTV and GOTV to watch those Films.
Many ladies, Housewives and Grandmas in Nigeria watch ONLY that African Magic Epic channel.🙂

So The Discrimination from the AMVCA organizers and MultiChoice is very BAD.😕😒

They should have a Category for them, in the Next Awards. smiley

I agree.
A category for less talented actors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Streetmovement(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Now this is funny grin

I only know of Nollywood, which one is Asabawood again 🤣😂

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 21, 2023
FunkFlex:
Which one be Asabawood again? grin
Inside Nigeria we get Asabawood, Nollywood, Kannywood. I wonder how many woods dey for America. Una go just dey use una hands dey create divisions for this country.
Yorubawood nko? 🤣

7 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by HacheNoire: 7:22pm On May 21, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Inside One country

We have

Nollywood
Kannywood
Now
Asabawood

Nigerians are just tired of Unity

Add Edowood

4 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by sammyuche(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2023
No need looking down on them. Even in other countries there are B grade movies. It's all necessary to keep a healthy market. Is it all channels on dst or gotv that can show all these A list movies? That's why there are low budget films to keep these stations running ( Epic, local tv stations etc). Don't be surprised these guys make money from these movies regularly as they also upload to there YouTube channels

10 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Nollynwa1(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2023
Your stupidity is down to earth! Mugu! Una go just dey create division upandan with any small opportunity. slowpoke!!!

17 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Vinnie2000(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2023
CSTRR:

Dats What they don't know. sad

Despite their obvious Shortcomings, That African Magic Epic is watched by 70% of Nigerians,
particularly amongst Ladies, Housewives and Elderly persons.🙂

Now that GOTV is in Ghana, their popularity has increased. smiley

These Newbie Cinema Movies and the Actors are popular amongst the High Class in Lekki, VI and on Instagram.,😒

How Many Nigerians have watched GANGS OF LAGOS or BROTHERHOOD?
How Many Nigerians can afford going to the Cinema and have the Neflix App on their Phones? undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by AmehTsaev: 7:24pm On May 21, 2023
iammo:

Go and check YouTube numbers and come and clear this trash
Stop the lies.

The Asabawood movies definitely get far more views and engagements across African viewership, at least based on YouTube algorithm.

25 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Famundpropertie: 7:26pm On May 21, 2023
The trouble with us is that we despise little beginning. Without Tony Tetuila there wouldn't be 2face or Patoranking. Without Idris Abdulkareem there wouldn't be Ice prince and without Ice prince we wouldn't have Davido or Whizzy.

I may not be very accurate in my analogy but I'm sure you get my drift. You may think Nigerian music in the 90s was wack but believe me when I say industries evolve.

What you call Asabawood is critical to the evolution and continued growth of our film industry. If you only do big budget movies, then you don't have an industry.

For every mega budget Hollywood movie you see there are hundreds/thousands of B-; C-; and even D- class movies produced and released in Hollywood. Many superstars you see today started small. So it smacks of arrogance and cheap disdain to dismiss your so called Asabawood with a wave of the hand.

When NiggerRaw started rapping in Igbo, people said Igbo rap was wack. But his bravery gave us Phino. Olumide took Yoruba rap and made it so popular that is why we enjoy Zlatan and the rest today.

It is great that we have the emerging Nollywood that we are so proud of but may it never be said that others should be cast off be it Kannywood, Asabawood or the Yoruba movie genre.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Ttipsy(f): 7:27pm On May 21, 2023
They want to bring tribalism in Nigeria movies

Lol

7 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by iammo(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2023
AmehTsaev:

Stop the lies.

The Asabawood movies definitely get far more views and engagements across African viewership, at least based on YouTube algorithm.

Oga we are not dummies

Proof please
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Vinnie2000(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

I agree.
A category for less talented actors.

Lol, See This Guy.

Which Actors in African Epic Movie are not Talented? sad sad

So it is Kunle Remi, Falz and Tobi Bakre that are Talented? sad

I watched one Timini Egbuson movie. I just Laughed because he was TRASH. undecided😕

And he has won this AMVCA o. 😏

11 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by thatigboman: 7:29pm On May 21, 2023
BrickDevo:
Which insensible mod pushed this nonsense to front page, very discriminative post. Seun
I tire o.
A nonsense thread that is supposed to be deleted is pushed into frontpage. The bias is real.

10 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Topmaike007(m): 7:29pm On May 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Dats What they don't know. sad

Despite their obvious Shortcomings, That African Magic Epic is watched by 70% of Nigerians,
particularly amongst Ladies, Housewives and Elderly persons.🙂

Now that GOTV is in Ghana, their popularity has increased. smiley

These Newbie Cinema Movies and the Actors are popular amongst the High Class in Lekki, VI and on Instagram.,😒

How Many Nigerians have watched GANGS OF LAGOS or BROTHERHOOD?
How Many Nigerians can afford going to the Cinema and have the Neflix App on their Phones? undecided
help me ask them ooh my mama can die on top Epic on gotv.. And she don't even know what they call Netflix

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Room On Fire As Occupants Watching BBNaija In The Sitting Room / Gulder Ultimate Search 2021: Finalists Making It To The Jungle To Be Known Today / Sammie: Whitemoney Will Win BBNaija 2021 (Season 6)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.