Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor (41924 Views)

Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by NiggasInParis: 8:42pm On May 21, 2023
This one is just trying to cuase petty division.

Well, OLD Nollywood is the only Nollywood I know... Intriquing story line, quality actors that bring their A'game in, high level entertainment, CLASS...

Everything other thing they are doing now is just........... fill in the blank yourself...

Was binge watching some classics last night... brought back great memories

RIP Saint Obi

5 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by TheMostComplex1: 8:42pm On May 21, 2023
Orathird:
I hope you won too?

Facing camera is not a joke. One day, that Asabawood will create blockbuster. Every little opportunity, you want to bring tribalism. Tufikwa.

There is no need to talk them down like that. If they give you script, you won’t do anything. They have they target audience and they are delivering contents they like.

They are people that don’t even watch anything Nollywood.

It's the Asabawood Actors & actresses that are disgracing themselves if na lie as Uche

In Asabawood the only know how to give location belle so that is the reason Uche want Multichoice to create such category
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by cedricksly: 8:43pm On May 21, 2023
Winner90:
AMVCA is not popular. It more of a Lagos social media personalities' award

Unfortunately, none of those in the so called AMVCA is a true nollywood personality. Most of them are social media influenzers doing skits, short videos and African magic movies and soaps as part time. Some are merely hustling ex-multichoice housemates being promoted by the company. They easily mobilise their social media fans to support them.

Did you notice any difference when Nkem owoh and patience ozokwo came to speak? Those are the real nollywood personalities.

You are talking about Chizzi alichi et al because you know them. It means they have made names for themselves without one million naira award. However, that cannot be said of Toby bekere, kunle afolayo that are not known outside their entertainment enclave. That is why they need to amass as many "awards" as possible.

Let Mercy Johnson, Friedrich Leonard, Ruth kadiri, Ebere okaro, Onyinye udeze or even Chinenye Nnebe or Regina Daniel of yesterday visit any African country and see if they won't be "mobbed".

Until I start seeing regular faces I see in ROK1 and 2, and African magic channels, then the award ceremony remains an "Owambe night"
most useless and stagnated comment I have seen in 2023... Oga asabawood is not growing, their story line is wack and repeated with different name, their story line is predictable, which is boring and doesn't sell, hence reason why amazon prime or Netflix can never buy their movie, Neither cinema buying viewing right to it, let's not even talk about the picture and sound quality at all. Those people you call influencer who are the new and upgraded face of nollywood is why people can actually make a decent living outside nollywood unlike the so called asaba movie that pay is very poor, some are paid as less as 20k for lead role, have u not asked urself that why is it that it is only when they are sick you really know how poor they are..asaba movie that is filed with sexual immorality of sleeping with director or producer to get a role, a full movie budget can even be under 2million, etc.. The Real money is in those video streaming platform like amazon prime, and Netflix buying viewing right to your movie or cinema buying viewing franchise etc, that what made us know an actor can be paid 1million to as Hugh as 10million for lead role, who go give u that money for asabawood? It is hightime those local champion start improving and catching up with trend first by changing their camera for a start. Even the normal traditional yoruba movies have now left the asaba movie behind RN, movies like anikulapo, king of thieves etc.. It is a pity that your kind doesn't see that asabawood is far behind.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by TheMostComplex1: 8:45pm On May 21, 2023
Hambivert:
Dear OP, you should have put this your post in the joke section, so that I would have known it was more of a joke than your "opinion".
A wise man once said, "Never make sparogative fun of a friend at the table to please the table". Anyways, I don't know the table you are trying to please, but know that the people you are labeling as "Asabawood" are creatives, financiers and employers, who use the little resources available to them to meet the demands of their teeming market.
When I saw the AMVCA's nominees for best online

content creators and online video whatever and

there was no Sabinus, I knew AMVCA were also jokers.

Not only sabinus but one other guy that wears women clothings
Once again, Dear OP, move this post to joke section.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Lanremng(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2023
sammyuche:
No need looking down on them. Even in other countries there are B grade movies. It's all necessary to keep a healthy market. Is it all channels on dst or gotv that can show all these A list movies? That's why there are low budget films to keep these stations running ( Epic, local tv stations etc). Don't be surprised these guys make money from these movies regularly as they also upload to there YouTube channels

You are very correct and sincere on this one. There is no need for bad blood as the B list actors have there own target audience and they are cashing out on low keys
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by iammo(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2023
tito44:

You re truly a dummy with this ur warped argument. Stop disgracing urself here

Low intelligence on display

Give valid arguement you want to drag me to your level of trading insult

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by TheMostComplex1: 8:49pm On May 21, 2023
Ara21:
Which one be Asabawood again

Where dem dey give location belle.

As for me they should black list anything from Asabawood
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by misano(m): 8:49pm On May 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

Just like you can say Grammys is a Yoruba award because Yorubas have 14 Granmys and you losers don't have a single one grin

B4 U claim AMVCA as for mostly Yorubas understand that half of the AMVCA is dominated by Edo girls.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by mordred44: 8:52pm On May 21, 2023
Dialpad:
Who are asabawood
destiny etiko and zubby
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Chidex500: 8:53pm On May 21, 2023
We're just fooling ourselves as one and shouting one Nigeria while in reality We're different. De play!

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by RomanGreen: 8:54pm On May 21, 2023
Winner90:

Unfortunately, none of those in the so called AMVCA is a true nollywood personality. Most of them are social media influenzers doing skits, short videos and African magic movies and soaps as part time. Some are merely hustling ex-multichoice housemates being promoted by the company. They easily mobilise their social media fans to support them.

Did you notice any difference when Nkem owoh and patience ozokwo came to speak? Those are the real nollywood personalities.

You are talking about Chizzi alichi et al because you know them. It means they have made names for themselves without one million naira award. However, that cannot be said of Toby bekere, kunle afolayo that are not known outside their entertainment enclave. That is why they need to amass as many "awards" as possible.

Let Mercy Johnson, Friedrich Leonard, Ruth kadiri, Ebere okaro, Onyinye udeze or even Chinenye Nnebe or Regina Daniel of yesterday visit any African country and see if they won't be "mobbed".

Until I start seeing regular faces I see in ROK1 and 2, and African magic channels, then the award ceremony remains an "Owambe night"

Well said
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by SpatialKing(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2023
Orathird:
I hope you won too?

Facing camera is not a joke. One day, that Asabawood will create blockbuster. Every little opportunity, you want to bring tribalism. Tufikwa.

There is no need to talk them down like that. If they give you script, you won’t do anything. They have they target audience and they are delivering contents they like.

They are people that don’t even watch anything Nollywood.

Exactly,
What's is wrong in encouraging them
Those guys are actually the only ones giving opportunities to young aspiring actors and actresses...

2 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by porthouse7(f): 9:00pm On May 21, 2023
ppogba:

You can only talk of take over where a group was ahead before.
The right word is dominate.
semantic
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Dareal90s(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2023
Winner90:

A Lagos Social Media thing is not popular? Tell us which one is more popular then, as if things happen in other parts of Nigeria if not in Lagos. Village man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 9:08pm On May 21, 2023
cedricksly:
most useless and stagnated comment I have seen in 2023... Oga asabawood is not growing, their story line is wack and repeated with different name, their story line is predictable, which is boring and doesn't sell, hence reason why amazon prime or Netflix can never buy their movie, Neither cinema buying viewing right to it, let's not even talk about the picture and sound quality at all. Those people you call influencer who are the new and upgraded face of nollywood is why people can actually make a decent living outside nollywood unlike the so called asaba movie that pay is very poor, some are paid as less as 20k for lead role, have u not asked urself that why is it that it is only when they are sick you really know how poor they are..asaba movie that is filed with sexual immorality of sleeping with director or producer to get a role, a full movie budget can even be under 2million, etc.. The Real money is in those video streaming platform like amazon prime, and Netflix buying viewing right to your movie or cinema buying viewing franchise etc, that what made us know an actor can be paid 1million to as Hugh as 10million for lead role, who go give u that money for asabawood? It is hightime those local champion start improving and catching up with trend first by changing their camera for a start. Even the normal traditional yoruba movies have now left the asaba movie behind RN, movies like anikulapo, king of thieves etc.. It is a pity that your kind doesn't see that asabawood is far behind.

You are a pure ignorant clown. Lion heart produced by the same Asaba axis is the first nollywood Netflix movie and the most profitable movie in nollywood.

Many Netflix movies are also produced by in Asaba axis.

Overwhelming majority of nollywood fans don't have Netflix account. It's money spinning but not a popular platform in the continent.

Most movies shown there are crappy too. The reason they resort to extreme nudity to attract viewership.

Blood sisters, Anikulakpo etc are Netflix originals, meaning they are Netflix funded projects. If the bulk of the movie in that area is a product of backward integration of a foreign online distribution platform, it means movie production there is not self sustaining in the long run.

4 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by GENES11S: 9:09pm On May 21, 2023
Which one is Asabawood movies again. Such a ugly name (both in spelling and pronouciatio).

Must we always copy whites. Why not come up with an interesting name even if it's not a derivative of Hollywood.

At this rate, I won't be surprised if I see upper-iwekawood movies.
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by eyinjuege: 9:10pm On May 21, 2023
They need to submit their movies to be considered and put up for nominations.
If they don't submit their movies, nobody will put them up for nominations talkmore of asking viewers to vote for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by BigDawsNet: 9:10pm On May 21, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
There's yoruba nolly too grin

Na lie grin Yoruba and igbo are nollywood
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by ORIENTATION101: 9:15pm On May 21, 2023
misano:

The AMVCA he is talking about is even dominated by Igbo and Edo girls.
in your dreams😂.
How many Edo's won the award or made nomination list.
Open your eyes igbos have been restricted to Asabawood.
For the past 5yrs amvca awards, yorubas have been literally sweeping the awards and also dominated the nomination list

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Nauttyprof(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2023
Which one is Asabawood again? Wetin Musa no go see for gate
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by lexy2014: 9:17pm On May 21, 2023
finallybusy:
Abeg, those lokitos have their own award shows. AMVCA is about class and distinction. How will a movie shot in two weeks with a two hundred thousand Naira budget compete with those crafted from multi millions of Naira? Is it a short film to begin with? New Nollywood appeals more to our growing middle class and foreigners of other races. Nkem Owoh and Patience Ozokwor are still regarded because the adults of today enjoyed their movies as children. Gen Zs don't know them from Adam. Wait for Generation Alpha to hit adulthood, those names will fade into oblivion including Omotola and Genevieve.

For the fact that a movie was shot with millions does that now make it better than the one shot 200k?

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by unamamatoto: 9:26pm On May 21, 2023
Hugokingz see your thread ooo...

You can't see the likes of Zubby Michael and co win any AMVCA award...

Although, most of the results are manipulated undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by kosssy: 9:28pm On May 21, 2023
Gross ignorance on display.

2 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Cooly100: 9:30pm On May 21, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
nollywood dominated by igbos back in the days when there were trash. Majority of actors,actress holding down nolywood now are not igbos.
The highest grossing films top 5 were produce by yorubas .
Top producers in the industry that their films are on Netflix are Yoruba's.
Kunle afolayan,jade osiberu,kemi Adetiba,mosunmola abudu e.t.c

Not true,

I cant say I have seen most of those in the award list anywhere...May be in Yoruba movies...

Can you compare Bimbo Ademoye with Etiku, Chizzy or Luchy Donalds...

If all of them step out outside Nigeria who would be mobbed?

I think the award is about Lagos thing...

2 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by AfonjaPriest: 9:30pm On May 21, 2023
When you see a particular group of people playing the tribal cards every time, it would be a SADWASTE of time investigating the region they are from. It is their nature to have tribalism spliced into their DNA. And they don't want to progress, yet they are unhappy and envious of others, who are progressing.

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Evestar200(f): 9:30pm On May 21, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Exactly. They are the reason other Africans look down on Nigeria.

The soundtrack, location, and video quality are poor, I don't blame AMVCA for not nominating them even though that's what most Nigerians and Africans are watching on Africa Magic.

I only watch Nigerian movies that are on Netflix or Prime Videos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2023
Triangles1:

On point.
what point does he have even the op zubby Micheal was in shanty town and brotherhood both on Netflix... Those asabawood are doing well too for themselves.. pple should stop unnecessary comparison

3 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by YangaBabe: 9:34pm On May 21, 2023
This na just wetin dey
Winner90:

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2023
thatigboman:
I tire o.
A nonsense thread that is supposed to be deleted is pushed into frontpage. The bias is real.
it's gud so u can critique it...
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Babaken(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2023
thatigboman:
I tire o.
A nonsense thread that is supposed to be deleted is pushed into frontpage. The bias is real.
For those that don't know nairaland promote tribalism and division

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021: Finalists Making It To The Jungle To Be Known Today / Sammie: Whitemoney Will Win BBNaija 2021 (Season 6) / TSTV Is Back! Here Is TSTV Sassy Decoder Price And Sales Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.