Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56851 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Kobicove(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.

Sue for what?

Was she descriminated against based on race or gender?

Someone who is still on probationary period sef undecided

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by isabi2lof: 7:57pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Well, when I warned her the second day, she started forming sad. I knew she needed the job because she tried so much to sell herself
She might be pregnant
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2023
lopeshola:
I think one thing you failed to do as a manager was not asking if she has a problem or something disturbing keeping her back everyday. You said she really needed the job yet she came late everyday, that should tell you something is not right. Sometimes we need to know what our staff are going through as an employers, except they aren't ready to discuss their personal issues.
This same no nonsense discipline helped Arteta to take Arsenal from their lowest ebb right to the very top of which they almost clinched.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Or11: 7:57pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I warned her after her interview lateness. I told her it was a big red flag, and she told me it won't happen again.

Ok I didnt read where you wrote about the warning, did you have an employment contract with her and were the terms specified. Is there an opinion for hybrid work offered where she doesn't need to come to the office if she can perform her duties at home?

Replying to those typing rubbish, read about employment contract. I don't need to explain anything to you.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ifinger: 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

Oga u saw all the red flag still gave her the job was she the only one invited Abi u wan Yash her

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by LORDKing001: 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
I need job
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by OmoOshodi(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
If you pay peanuts monkies will work for you
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by udemzyudex(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.

Nibo latun jasi bayi ooo cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by WendieT(f): 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
In a developed world, she would have been sacked on the first day. Rubbish is not tolerated.
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by cliqtips: 7:58pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

Normally in an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.
Maybe she did overnight somewhere or she dey breast her "baby" overnight

E no easy to be a girl nowadays undecided
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karleb(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2023
I hope you payed for the one week work tho. If you didn't, then you are one anyhow person.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by zikter(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2023
BABAawoo47:
telling someone to go home shows the workplace is not structured...There's something called query and there are due process to firing someone especially if the person is sent an official letter. No one working for reputable Coys will try this because of threats of law suits....
So i guess the company isn't a well structured one that's why she acted that way
Correctly said, the place is most likely a one man show or without structure. Where I work, for you to sack someone takes a whole lot processes, query, first warning, second warning before sack is considered. Her attitude was bad but she was sacked in a wrong manner

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Akpacha(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
Oga, She came late for the interview because she does not trust de job and after the interview, it was confirmed to her what she felt about the job, she knew she can't do such a job. I know say na one small money u tell her to say u go pay her as salary* we could see u are not bold to say her salary here.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by laluski(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Sue for what... Abegi!!

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by SunMusk(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
Have you try Upwork and fiver??
nikkijohn97:
She's not serious. Me wey dey find work like this. As a graduate it's not easy

Please I am React Developer and I'm looking for a job please help me. Any personal project or recommending for a job I will forever be grateful.
My stacks are, React, Node Js, Mongo DB, Express Js.
My number and whatsapp: 07064731533
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by laluski(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
yomi007k:

She also cant try all she did in a developed world. They would have sacked her.

What type of warning do you give someone living 15mins away and resuming after 2 hours?

Infact I tire for the response o

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Kubin: 8:01pm On May 22, 2023
Just because of 30k job I no e no go pass that amount
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Youngsage: 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Was she the only one you interviewed for the role

Your disposition at the interview also proves that it's not a serious company. How can you decide to employ someone who comes 2hours late to a job interview, without any reason

Employing her was the biggest sign that it's not a serious organisation and she took advantage of that. Can't blame her undecided

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by sako28: 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

In same developed country that is 8 hours work a day and u are 2 hours late? Or work that they pay u hourly.
In a developed country you can not try that, it is automatic replacement for you. Some country do shift, so you want your colleague to do 2 extra hours. Lol.

Don't say what you don't know.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by jaszplus12(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2023
mymadam:

QED. No more, no less 👍🏽
Just dance to Fuji garbage!!

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by nikkijohn97(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
SunMusk:
Have you try Upwork and fiver??

Not yet. I'm trying to get an identity card to help me in verifying my account when I signed up there.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dshocker(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

🤣🤣🤣 This one no follow at all, e reach to sack am.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by nikkijohn97(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
hiberess:
Do you have a portfolio?

Yes I do sir
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by aktolly54(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
you dey mad, you see more qualified people on the interview day but you choose a lady , maybe because she is cute.

It serve you right, she suppose deal with your company by spoil business for you
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Vintage100(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2023
Can you give me the job pls??
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by deavicky(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
which developed country are u talking about? The same developed country you can not take ur call during work hours.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by helpee(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
So easy to know someone that has never been to the so called developed world. She will be under probation in the so called developed world. She can be fired without any form of notice or compensation during that period. Her position wont be confirmed without passing her initial appraisal usually after the first six weeks and then a final appraisal after maybe six months depending on the policy. During that period, she can be fired anyhow without any explanation whatsoever.

Even after confirmation, there are things stipulated in your employment contract called gross misconduct. You can be fired without notice for gross misconduct. Ideally, a disciplinary hearing should be held where you are allowed to defend yourself and then you are fired without notice based on the report of the hearing.
In all other circumstances, you can still be fired with adequate notice.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Dshocker(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

A big fat lie brooooooo!!!

How can you be useless, and sue the company for not accepting your uselessness?

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Zealag(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
On the day of interview,she only told you her house is 15mins away from the office so you will think she leaves close to the office,so she can get the job.Did you follow her to her house to know if she truly leaves close? NO.
If she had told you the truth that she leaves far away you wouldn't have given her the job,based on distance.Check well you ll find out.Another angle
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by unclejb2(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
keep quiet will you

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by FantasticJ: 8:08pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

The way you people say developed world always baffles me. In "developed world", your manager can fire you at will and that's that. No notice and there's nothing you can do about it except to ask for the hour wages you are owed.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by 4ward4: 8:08pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I warned her after her interview lateness. I told her it was a big red flag, and she told me it won't happen again.

Do you know they work like slave in developed world . Phone calls aren't allowed during office hours and many more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic) / From USA, is It Real Or Fake (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64