Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

2go- What Went Wrong? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2go- What Went Wrong? (53813 Views)

Please Who Is On 2go / Don't Dispose Your Accounts 2GO Is Coming Back - Top 2GO Staff Disclosed / ***You Still Use 2go?, Hop In! A Thread For 2go Users*** (2) (3) (4)

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by denzel231: 11:17am On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

Lol. I weak. There was so much around before 2go came into the big picture. Mig33, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, Mozart, Sh messenger, etc.
u sabi wella
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by denzel231: 11:20am On May 23, 2023
Same way nairaland go collapse if Dem no upgrade the site to better standard. All this 1942 UI

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by ahnie: 11:24am On May 23, 2023
GodPrince:
na females like una wen share free Toto for us make that app sweet. You try, welldone
Your mother taught us we'll,help me greet her
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Brownshoe: 11:24am On May 23, 2023
ghettochild:

Wish sm1 or a group of people will start a new website called nairalanders with a much better interface than nairaland.
That time seun eye go clear
people won't go there, most Africans are conservative in nature,

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by zinaunreal(m): 11:28am On May 23, 2023
People still dey use am ? πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚ 😹 mbgeke
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:29am On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?

You no use Nimbuzz?

How many people you knack through Nimbuzz??

(because I know say people knack well well for 2go--- it linked indoor neighbours who never came out of their houses,, yet they communicated very well and ended up meeting themselves, even at uncompleted-buildings, just for knackings...)

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:29am On May 23, 2023
bestman09:
The world don leave them go.

You should also ask about what happened to IBM and Olimpia, the biggest manufacturers of manual and electric typewriters. They were sleeping when technology left them.

How about Nokia phones?

IBM is now Lenovo
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Silentgroper(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2023
GreatVocalist:

They also had whites as users. I was able to connect with some whites back then.

they dunno ... 😁😁😁

All you had to do was register with a foreign number. ..

used to hang with some Brit oldies back then ...

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by sageb: 11:32am On May 23, 2023
Samdeejay100:
Is anyone still using this app, because my own is full of curb-webs oo

2go opened most of our eyes to messenger then after fb messenger...

To me I think what kill 2go is lack of adequate and prompt update when WhatsApp came onboard... My opinion though...

From beginner to Ultimate star
Nostalgia

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Opeyemiextra(f): 11:33am On May 23, 2023
When one's time is up, whether a person or a thing, there's really nothing one can do. This doesn't mean one shouldn't try.
Samdeejay100:
Is anyone still using this app, because my own is full of curb-webs oooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..

To me I think what kill 2go is lack of adequate and prompt update when WhatsApp came onboard... My opinion though...

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Wettoid123: 11:35am On May 23, 2023
What of twoo app I met a lot of babes there too.

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by FlawlessKarl: 11:38am On May 23, 2023
blacksam01:
Til date 2go and BBM are still better than WhatsApp...

both hv privacy WhatsApp dont have..both have friends search WhatsApp dont hv...we followed WhatsApp cuz its the trend

Truth

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by FlawlessKarl: 11:39am On May 23, 2023
Omoluabi16:
Honestly. That gocredits killed everything. Then again, people made it seem 2go users were immature.. I.e na small pikin dey 2go. People who made sense bought into that thinking and left.

But if there's any social media platform that I have seen children, I think it's Facebook, but no one is talking about that
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:40am On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

I can say why they collapsed:

1. They weren't quick to develop an android app, and when they did, they maintained the same UI and UX they had on S40 and S60. This was bad to navigate on touchscreen devices.

2. They had Whatsapp as a competitor, and unlike 2go, Whatsapp didn't need you to buy GC to do basic stuff. Also, it was easier to connect with friends, since you only needed to have their phone numbers.

3. They didn't work on their marketing and geographic expansion game. They only had African users, out of which 80% are Nigerians.

Every market (Globally) is targeting Nigeria.
(They always nickname it β€œThe African Market”).
Even musicians and movie-makers too..

And once your market is no more working in Nigeria, you might crumble.
(That is, if you're not really a GLOBAL Brand)

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 23, 2023
Samdeejay100:
Is anyone still using this app, because my own is full of curb-webs oooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..

There where many messenger apps 2go was the smallest.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:48am On May 23, 2023
iHart:
They got it wrong from their monetization method. Any app that starts to bill its users directly will die a natural death.
Simple..

Twitter and it's new subscriber method for instance..

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Styluss: 11:49am On May 23, 2023
They were on symbian and windows when people already portt to andriod
Samdeejay100:

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:56am On May 23, 2023
Goodlady:
Lmao.
What about Eskimi, Badoo, e-Buddie, Naijabase and Naijamobs. The last two were before this Nairaland wey no get attractive feature.
Technology advanced and they were left behind. If those sites advanced technologically, they ll be among the ranks of WhatsApp, Instagram, tiktok etc.
Badoo still dey till now shaa..
Chaaiii..

Na Ashawo site..
Money for hand, body for house.

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by wonlasewonimi: 11:56am On May 23, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:

IBM is now Lenovo
Nope. Lenovo bought the hardware and devices division of IBM. IBM diversified into consultancy and SaaS solutions

Nobody has talked about blackplanet and Hi5
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Sniper101(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

I still use the app sometimes. 2go was among the first real time and enjoyable social media that came out. Then people even dumped Facebook and other leading social medias for 2go. But now see grin where 2go is. πŸ™„

I noticed there are some updates they've made. CHATGPT is now added and it has helped me alot in My quest for answers to questions.

I think the only crime of 2go was coming out of Africa. Africans can't boost their own thing. The Africans dumped 2go when WhatsApp was released. That was the sad reality.

Again, 2go was just too dull in their updates , it's now that they're trying to bring in features that people have been enjoying in other platforms long before now.

A clarion call to nairaland, they should do the needful or this is how it will be abandoned in due course.

The screenshots you posted grin

See that @Bree-cat and @Deborahbaby34
those two Na mistresses of 2go
Always online.
22/7.
like they have no life outside 2go. grin

You know one user called @DarkWitch ?

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GoodCane: 11:58am On May 23, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

I still use the app sometimes. 2go was among the first real time and enjoyable social media that came out. Then people even dumped Facebook and other leading social medias for 2go. But now see grin where 2go is. πŸ™„

I noticed there are some updates they've made. CHATGPT is now added and it has helped me alot in My quest for answers to questions.

I think the only crime of 2go was coming out of Africa. Africans can't boost their own thing. The Africans dumped 2go when WhatsApp was released. That was the sad reality.

Again, 2go was just too dull in their updates , it's now that they're trying to bring in features that people have been enjoying in other platforms long before now.

A clarion call to nairaland, they should do the needful or this is how it will be abandoned in due course.

2go still dey exist?

Dude, you just brought back memories with this screenshot
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Zealoy(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

Lol. I weak. There was so much around before 2go came into the big picture. Mig33, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, Mozart, Sh messenger, etc.
i so much love mig33, i got one indonesia babe like that through mig33

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GoodCane: 12:01pm On May 23, 2023
ghettochild:

Wish sm1 or a group of people will start a new website called nairalanders with a much better interface than nairaland.
That time seun eye go clear

Someone is on this already. The person ask not to be disclosed until the site is ready. Leave seun make he dey play. We'll soon dump nairaland for the new site
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by blowjohn(m): 12:04pm On May 23, 2023
jidxin:
omooo i met lot of girls there sha ooo and we are still friends till today

Walahi it was so fun. Gals plenty to meet.
I lost contacts cos of how expensive phones were to get new one.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GoodCane: 12:05pm On May 23, 2023
omenpetrol:
WhatsApp killed 2go. Then if you didn't have Blackberry messenger (BBM) you were relegated to 2go. Having a BBM pin was a status simbol. grin lol.
Times and seasons...vanity upon vanity.

The good old days
Nimbuzz
Viber
Waptrick
Operamini - with MTN Cheat for free browzing
UC browser

You didn't include sefan.ru abi wetin be the name of that website again grin that site wey we dey use download symbian games. Good old days

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by blowjohn(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2023
Omoluabi16:
Yeah, it was real good. And that was a cash cow for mobile networks, so I wonder why they stopped it.

Call me, I love you.
Call me I miss you.
Call me, it's an emergency. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mehn cheesy cheesy

Me too, I wonder why they stopped cos I tot they were cashing out big time.
Plenty gals to toast that time
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GoodCane: 12:08pm On May 23, 2023
phorget:
2go was in it own class and cant be compared to watsapp. You will need to have someone's number before chatting on watsapp but 2go is where you can easily go into any room and make friends with a total stranger.

Unfortunately it was a rubbish class 2go failed to upgrade. WhatsApp keeps updating and upgrading with new features every single day, something 2go failed in years. Why won't it die?

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GoodCane: 12:11pm On May 23, 2023
Who else noticed Nigerian girls ain't commenting? grin e be like say na only boys use 2go. Pretty sure must of the girls weren't born then. Or they just decided to be dumb because they have nothing intelligent to say. They cannot contribute to anything involving technology grin dull nonetities

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by PotatoSalad(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2023
bestman09:
The world don leave them go.

You should also ask about what happened to IBM and Olimpia, the biggest manufacturers of manual and electric typewriters. They were sleeping when technology left them.

How about Nokia phones?
You're uninformed.
IBM is still as big as ever. They make supercomputers, servers now. You don't hear about them cos you don't make use of can't afford their products

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

What an achievement
a very good example of him being proud of what he ought to be ashamed of.

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by mechanics(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2023
2go is old school.

The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION !