Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

2go- What Went Wrong? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2go- What Went Wrong? (53773 Views)

Please Who Is On 2go / Don't Dispose Your Accounts 2GO Is Coming Back - Top 2GO Staff Disclosed / ***You Still Use 2go?, Hop In! A Thread For 2go Users*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by mykeni: 12:17pm On May 23, 2023
Have you ever heard about yahoo messager? It's the first of the first messager. Then talk about yourok messager too. 2go came yesterday.
Samdeejay100:
Is anyone still using this app, because my own is full of curb-webs ooo😂😂..

2go opened most of our eyes to messenger then after fb messenger...

To me I think what kill 2go is lack of adequate and prompt update when WhatsApp came onboard... My opinion though...
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GodPrince: 12:23pm On May 23, 2023
ahnie:

Your mother taught us we'll,help me greet her
Ekpa, the average Nigeria àshawo wen we know, any small thing na to insult people mother because una useless Àshawo mothers nor train una well as e be say na ur àshawo work you take dey feed your mother so you nor fit respect her so if you nor fit respect your mother you nor go still respect other people own I understand. Craze girl, nor be Àshawo you be na you get 2 children for 2 different guys wen don abandon you? Abi you nor dey shame say you make your children bastards with your ashawo life? U think say we nor know your matter for warri? Nor let me cast you for here, dirty black smelling bitch. Nor be say u fine, na idiots go find u attractive as u look irritating reach. May be u think say na the mumu ibo boy wen dey fhuck your yeye smelling old Toto now go marry you? The ibo guy go still tire to fhuck your bushy black smelling old Toto and move on like other guys, I promise you that. U be fool, better go show those bastards their father. Hopeless Olosho

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Chizzychinny: 12:35pm On May 23, 2023
People food burn wella cos 2go oo

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by tecnolad(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2023
fortunateme:

Ah you must be an ancestor to have used these apps. 😂 😂

😂😂 Bro, I was so hungry for tech back in the days
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by mozona(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2023
Those people don make their money, dey choose to go and rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by ZubyLighter1: 12:44pm On May 23, 2023
It's on 2go platform I met my wife and we are happily married now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by ITbomb(m): 12:48pm On May 23, 2023
WhatsApp came preinstalled and all you needed was to connect to contacts on your phone list.
Whereas 2go needed to be downloaded and installed (remember 50mb price that year?) And then you need to send friend request and all that

So I don't think it's about design or GC or geographical spread. Take Telegram for instance, it's much better than WhatsApp but you have to download and install and most young people just don't want to go there on their first device

tecnolad:

I can say why they collapsed:

1. They weren't quick to develop an android app, and when they did, they maintained the same UI and UX they had on S40 and S60. This was bad to navigate on touchscreen devices.

2. They had Whatsapp as a competitor, and unlike 2go, Whatsapp didn't need you to buy GC to do basic stuff. Also, it was easier to connect with friends, since you only needed to have their phone numbers.

3. They didn't work on their marketing and geographic expansion game. They only had African users, out of which 80% are Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Farid24224(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2023
The reason why I stopped 2go were because of male perverts and female beggars...

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Olat4421: 1:11pm On May 23, 2023
Hmm 2go dat time create competition like am now in expert u are still in professional lolz cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GogetterMD(m): 1:16pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?

You no use Nimbuzz?

Nimbuzz? What about MyGamma and Kobrawap?

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Tonytonex(m): 1:28pm On May 23, 2023
OKUCHI11:
I think the law of natural selection played on them...

According to Darwin's theory..."it is not the strongest that survives but the one that can adapt to the changing nature of the environment"...

These firms failed to adapt to the changing nature of technology
Take.. FLASH SHARE AND XENDER .... as a case study
Are people not using Xender again?
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2023
What's app looks at the flaws of 2go and capitalize it to take advantage of the market.

If 2go will come back, they should up their game.

They learn from telegram
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Snapdrag0n: 1:34pm On May 23, 2023
omenpetrol:
WhatsApp killed 2go. Then if you didn't have Blackberry messenger (BBM) you were relegated to 2go. Having a BBM pin was a status simbol. grin lol.
Times and seasons...vanity upon vanity.

The good old days
Nimbuzz
Viber
Waptrick
Operamini - with MTN Cheat for free browzing
UC browser

These one don masturbate for waptrick tired. Those days it was cyber cafe. You'll buy time tired.
Opera mini and uc browser have upgrade. I use operamini due to low data consumption it now work like Chrome having almost all the features chrome has. Uc browser is what I'm using to reply you now, lols.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by iHart(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Simple..

Twitter and it's new subscriber method for instance..
Twitter will jettison that subscription very soon

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by RealGandalf: 1:36pm On May 23, 2023
They started charging money. Stup id people
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Kasieze(m): 1:53pm On May 23, 2023
No be to put this post on homepage. Nairaland should learn from this. This platform is not progressive and might fade away with time
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by udemzyudex(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

How many people you knack through Nimbuzz??

(because I know say people knack well well for 2go--- it linked indoor neighbours who never came out of their houses,, yet they communicated very well and ended up meeting themselves, even at uncompleted-buildings, just for knackings...)

Lol...knack? I was so concentrated in building my star,who that time? grin na to chat and reach ultimate be the goal then.

When I come switch to symbian phone,baba go minimize 2go for background.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by xjiggy: 2:12pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?

You no use Nimbuzz?
I see a Legend

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by xjiggy: 2:16pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?

You no use Nimbuzz?
I see a Legend. Just like how Facebook buried Hi5.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by netmillionaires(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2023
I love that Mozart especially because of its Ocean Age game. I wish someone can recreate the ocean age on android and add crypto to it.

tecnolad:

Lol. I weak. There was so much around before 2go came into the big picture. Mig33, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, Mozart, Sh messenger, etc.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:39pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

Lol...knack? I was so concentrated in building my star,who that time? grin na to chat and reach ultimate be the goal then.

When I come switch to symbian phone,baba go minimize 2go for background.
Hahahahahahahahhaaa..

Guys no de mind those stars..
Na to meet up...

Blind-dates up-and-down..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:59pm On May 23, 2023
iHart:
They got it wrong from their monetization method. Any app that starts to bill its users directly will die a natural death.

I know this to be the truth.

The minute an app begins to ask me to pay, I mentally zone out.

Music is all I could pay for without much grudges. But I don't even pay for that anymore.

4 Likes

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:06pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?
You no use Nimbuzz?
nimbuzz and qeep opened mine, even waplog too.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Akuruoulo(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2023
ghettochild:
Yes ooo correct guy... Even Eskimi sef
ya are a legend, bt until today 2go remain the best ever app to be used by many.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by OKUCHI11(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2023
Tonytonex:
Are people not using Xender again?
FLASSHARE is not as common as XENDER... They upgraded..
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Julius1995(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2023
Technology did not left IBM. IBM is still one of the biggest innovators in the world, has the most patents by far. I'm guessing you are thinking IBM is just PCs and some components.
bestman09:
The world don leave them go.

You should also ask about what happened to IBM and Olimpia, the biggest manufacturers of manual and electric typewriters. They were sleeping when technology left them.

How about Nokia phones? They are just restarting again after being the market leaders before.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by udemzyudex(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Hahahahahahahahhaaa..

Guys no de mind those stars..
Na to meet up...

Blind-dates up-and-down..

I meet some girls though,I even catch date like 2 girls from 2go but no be serious something then, and e get one particular friend too,till date we still dey talk.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Cchuks27(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2023
2go was simply not making MONEY! As a business, you can't survive without cash inflow

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by picked224: 4:18pm On May 23, 2023
The moment they started monetising their app , rooms and groups..... their downfall started

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Kingdollar28(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2023
CaptMarvel:
It makes Men no takes btc serious that year lol. Anyway things got to improve.

Moreover If you need a bulk mailer, email extractor or createstudio premium licensed contact me now. Contact on my profile.

What mailer do you have?
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by CaptMarvel(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2023
Kingdollar28:

What mailer do you have?
SendBlasterPro
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by ahnie: 5:13pm On May 23, 2023
GodPrince:
Ekpa, the average Nigeria àshawo wen we know, any small thing na to insult people mother because una useless Àshawo mothers nor train una well as e be say na ur àshawo work you take dey feed your mother so you nor fit respect her so if you nor fit respect your mother you nor go still respect other people own I understand. Craze girl, nor be Àshawo you be na you get 2 children for 2 different guys wen don abandon you? Abi you nor dey shame say you make your children bastards with your ashawo life? U think say we nor know your matter for warri? Nor let me cast you for here, dirty black smelling bitch. Nor be say u fine, na idiots go find u attractive as u look irritating reach. May be u think say na the mumu ibo boy wen dey fhuck your yeye smelling old Toto now go marry you? The ibo guy go still tire to fhuck your bushy black smelling old Toto and move on like other guys, I promise you that. U be fool, better go show those bastards their father. Hopeless Olosho
Glad I struck some nerves cheesy cheesy

Bye!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Miss You- MTN Tells Disgruntled Subscribers, Woos With N1000 Airtime / BBM For Nokia Lumia Phones / The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.