Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

2go- What Went Wrong? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2go- What Went Wrong? (53810 Views)

Please Who Is On 2go / Don't Dispose Your Accounts 2GO Is Coming Back - Top 2GO Staff Disclosed / ***You Still Use 2go?, Hop In! A Thread For 2go Users*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by OCaleb: 5:14pm On May 23, 2023
harsysky:

What killed 2go was they made it only for chats. Chatting alone will wear one out. They should have thought out a way for people to make money from it and by so doing, incorporate a payment method to make money themselves. That is what happen when one does something for the sole sake of pleasure. Business advertisement and so on . If they had included just that business aaspect, 2go will have been sold for 20 billion dollars by now.

In all your thinking, think business
For me this is the post that answered the OP's question. Others contributed very well too.
I just sent you an email @harsysky via nairaland email link. Hoping to get a response from you.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by AK481(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2023
Easy avenue for Hook up killed 2go.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by GodPrince: 5:53pm On May 23, 2023
ahnie:
Glad I struck some nerves cheesy cheesy

Bye!
u struck no nerve. Abandoned harlot with bastard children from different fathers
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Mightypenlord(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2023
2go et all make those days to be fun.....
When Men were boiz 2go was an app

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by korm2me(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

Lol. I weak. There was so much around before 2go came into the big picture. Mig33, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, Mozart, Sh messenger, etc.

Bad guy. Even queep
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Tonytonex(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2023
OKUCHI11:
FLASSHARE is not as common as XENDER... They upgraded..
ok I thought you said Xender.
I doubt if people are still using Flasshare
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by iamL(f): 6:37pm On May 23, 2023
ghettochild:

Yes ooo correct guy...
Even Eskimi sef

I enjoyed eskimi that year. I met an angelic soul through it.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by jidxin(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2023
blowjohn:

Walahi it was so fun. Gals plenty to meet.
I lost contacts cos of how expensive phones were to get new one.
i saved numbers and back them up as vsf
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Benjamin4388(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2023
[quote author=Samdeejay100 post=123303151]Is anyone still using this app, because my own is full of curb-webs ooo
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by joowealth(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

Lol. I weak. There was so much around before 2go came into the big picture. Mig33, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, Mozart, Sh messenger, etc.

Good old days, Eskimi was also one of those.......
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by kudos4u(m): 9:45pm On May 23, 2023
you forget to add "Mygamma"
tecnolad:

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Darkmode64: 10:43pm On May 23, 2023
tecnolad:

Mozart!! I remember this

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by frankfab(m): 11:40pm On May 23, 2023
udemzyudex:

2go opened your eyes?

You no use Nimbuzz?

Also, Eskimo
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by ibinaboonline: 12:01am On May 24, 2023
2go came late sef. My first experience was Yahoo messenger. I still remember "ALS pls." If you know, you know. Anyway, the one wey pain me pass is HTC's departure from the smartphone market. It was my favorite brand.
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by donem: 12:52am On May 24, 2023
omenpetrol:
WhatsApp killed 2go. Then if you didn't have Blackberry messenger (BBM) you were relegated to 2go. Having a BBM pin was a status simbol. grin lol.
Times and seasons...vanity upon vanity.

The good old days
Nimbuzz
Viber
Waptrick
Operamini - with MTN Cheat for free browzing
UC browser
You no add Bolt browser? I use free cheat then

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Joseph90452: 6:16am On May 24, 2023
omenpetrol:
WhatsApp killed 2go. Then if you didn't have Blackberry messenger (BBM) you were relegated to 2go. Having a BBM pin was a status simbol. grin lol.
Times and seasons...vanity upon vanity.

The good old days
Nimbuzz
Viber
Waptrick
Operamini - with MTN Cheat for free browzing
UC browser
Viber is still in game ..especially in ukraine and Russia and most part of Europe
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Taciturn1: 8:40am On May 24, 2023
Edoziesmart:

2go opened your eyes

Indomie generation spotted

What happened to yahoo messenger, nimbuzz etc

Omoh back then in 2006 I will foolishly go to cyber cafe to buy time just to chat on y messenger 😂
Did that as well. I made a lot of foreign friends. And still in contact with one of them till date, after 18 yrs.

1 Like

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Edoziesmart(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2023
Taciturn1:
Did that as well. I made a lot of foreign friends. And still in contact with one of them till date, after 18 yrs.
Same with me
I'm still in contact of two foreign friends till date.
Though they are all from Kenya.

Doreen and Priscilla

3 Likes

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Wealthier: 8:34pm On May 24, 2023
phorget:
2go was in it own class and cant be compared to watsapp. You will need to have someone's number before chatting on watsapp but 2go is where you can easily go into any room and make friends with a total stranger.

Really easier to meet new people. I and a guy became friends through 2go. Since 100 level o, till end of final year. He was a student in U.I while I studied in OAU. We never met in person, but the friendship was great!

We chatted about each other' relationship and break ups. Was really nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Wealthier: 8:42pm On May 24, 2023
I tried to visit my account again on 2go o. Was asked to pay N90 for a new password. I was eventually charged another N51 for paystack charges. Still no password

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by omosumwen: 7:23am On May 27, 2023
Eskimi Dating App is Back

On May 15th 2023, Eskimi Dating App was relunch and the app is now available for free download on Google Playstore and with Apple Store coming soon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eskimi.freedating

Eskimi dating app is a social networking and dating platform that was launched in 2006 but shut down in 2019, however it's have been relunch in 2023 with better UI and more features. It is primarily targeted at people in Africa, allowing them to connect and meet new people from their local areas or other parts of the continent.

To download Eskimi Dating for free just search for the word ESKIMI on Google Playstore for Android Users.

Users of Eskimi can create profiles, upload photos, and search for other users based on certain criteria such as location, age, gender, interests, and relationship preferences. They can communicate with each other through private messages, and also participate in public chat rooms and forums to meet new people and make new connections.

One of the unique features of Eskimi is its "Encounters" game, which allows users to swipe left or right on different profiles, indicating whether they are interested in the person or not. If two users indicate mutual interest in each other, they are matched and can then start communicating with each other.

Eskimi is available for free on Android devices, and it has over 19 million registered users across 200 countries. However, some features on the app require users to purchase premium subscriptions which offer additional benefits.

Features of the New Eskimi App

1) Feed: Eskimi feed is a constantly scrolling stream of content that a user sees on their homepage when they open eskimi dating app This content can include posts, images, videos, advertisements, and other updates from the user's friends, followed accounts, and the platform itself. The content is typically displayed in reverse-chronological order with the newest posts appearing at the top of the feed. The purpose of the feed is to allow users to stay up-to-date with their social network and discover new content that they might find interesting or relevant just like Facebook.

2) Short Video Reel: Eskimi Short Video Reels allows uses to create and upload their short videos into Eskimi App, these videos can then be watched and enjoyed by other Eskimi Users. They are a fun way to connect with your potential Date.
Entertaining videos that inspire anyone to ask you out on a date. It is the best way users to express themselves and find love within Eskimi community that is deeply engaged and aligned with the goal of finding a partner.

3) Story : Eskimi Story allows user or people looking for love to express themselves in a 15sec short video or photo.

4) Live Streaming : What is the best way to entertain your potential partners than to live stream your talents on Eskimi Dating App

5) Swipper : Just like tinder and other dating App with Eskimi app you can swipe to the right to like millions of potential dating partners or just swipe left to unlike someone you not interested in.

6) Mingle : Eskimi Mingle is a random video chat feature that allows users to randomly video chat other individuals within the eskimi dating community of millions of people all over the world.

Other features are the ability to Video Call and Live Chat other individuals

What are you waiting for download Eskimi Dating App Today and find love.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eskimi.freedating
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by omosumwen: 7:26am On May 27, 2023
*Eskimi Dating App is Back on Playstore*

Just search for the word ESKIMI on Google Playstore and download it

Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 7:00am On May 30, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
grin

I still use the app sometimes. 2go was among the first real time and enjoyable social media that came out. Then people even dumped Facebook and other leading social medias for 2go. But now see grin where 2go is. 🙄

I noticed there are some updates they've made. CHATGPT is now added and it has helped me alot in My quest for answers to questions.

I think the only crime of 2go was coming out of Africa. Africans can't boost their own thing. The Africans dumped 2go when WhatsApp was released. That was the sad reality.

Again, 2go was just too dull in their updates , it's now that they're trying to bring in features that people have been enjoying in other platforms long before now.

A clarion call to nairaland, they should do the needful or this is how it will be abandoned in due course.

Your Chatgpt has a different interface from the usual one, it also has a way to attach files too.
How did you get this Chatgpt?
Re: 2go- What Went Wrong? by stevebond007(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wealthier:
I tried to visit my account again on 2go o. Was asked to pay N90 for a new password. I was eventually charged another N51 for paystack charges. Still no password

Any luck? Did you get the new password? I have same hitch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not / The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.