Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range (14747 Views)

Whatsapp Now Allows Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only For 15 Minutes / Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter / Instagram Announces Plan To Allow Users 'Shadow Ban' Bullies On Their Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Equaljhayloaded: 12:13pm On May 23, 2023
Popular messaging platform WhatsApp has announced that users can now edit their sent messages through a new ‘Edit’ feature.

With the feature rolling out globally in the coming weeks, senders will be able to modify their messages within 15 minutes of hitting send. The function can be accessed by long-pressing the message and choosing "edit" in the drop-down menu. The modified message will carry the label "edited", without showing edit history.

Previously, the only way to correct a message sent in haste or containing an error was to delete it and send a fresh one, with recipients alerted to the fact by the removed post being replaced with the phrase: “This message was deleted.”

“From correcting a simple misspelling to adding extra context to a message, we’re excited to bring you more control over your chats. All you need to do is long-press on a sent message and choose ‘Edit’ from the menu for up to 15 minutes after,” said WhatsApp.

Competing apps such as Telegram and Signal already allow users to edit messages, while Twitter rolled out the ability to edit tweets to select users last year. Twitter offers an editing feature to subscribers to its Twitter Blue service, giving them a 30-minute window to edit a tweet after it has been sent.

Meta’s founder and chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, flagged the WhatsApp change on his Facebook page, showing a message that had been changed from “Beast of luck!” to “Best of luck!”

Facebook, also owned by Meta, started to roll out the ability to edit posts and comments about a decade ago. Its fellow Meta social media platform Instagram allows users to edit posts but not comments.

Tag:https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/whatsapp-now-allow-users-to-edit-sent-messages-but-only-within-5min-range/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by salmonkay: 12:01pm On May 25, 2023
good
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Honourable1901(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2023
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Benjaniblinks(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2023
undecided
Mehn... Two mouth go dey o angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Raco1010(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2023
Long overdue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Clashhh1: 12:02pm On May 25, 2023
It can only get better. Tech.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Lilchilz(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2023
At least i go fit edit my formats for my kolu before sending steady !!!

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by ify2016: 12:02pm On May 25, 2023
Technology

With the feature rolling out globally in the coming weeks, senders will be able to modify their messages [i]within 15 minutes.The function can be accessed by long-pressing the message and choosing "edit" in the drop-down menu. The modified message will carry the label "edited", without showing edit history

Not really new

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Nobleou(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2023
Zuckerberg has overhauled his SM
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by sexysunnyb(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2023
Somebody told me INEC need this to always edit there mistakes lol 😆🤣😆😆

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by MorolayoVictor(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2023
Not bad
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by ybady4real: 12:04pm On May 25, 2023
FTC, party by 8pm in my house

GB WhatsApp do the magic let's see
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Onucs(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2023
This app keeps getting better👏👏

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by ExtremeDot: 12:07pm On May 25, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
undecided
Mehn... Two mouth go dey o angry
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Temple996: 12:09pm On May 25, 2023
That will be great
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Rebuker(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2023
They have learned from telegram

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by xristos(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2023
Nice one
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by bibiking7(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2023

Most times I use * to show my mistakes. cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by xristos(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2023
Eraseru:
[/b][/color]

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

Dont fall for this scam guys...
Mod pull this guy down

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Tunechi5(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2023
nice cause the kind of havoc deleted message has caused ehnn

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by fabolouz1(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2023
No need , when the person at the other end sees that you have deleted a msg, what's the point?
Editing will probably be the same thing.
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by olahero(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2023
grin

I am buying....
I am no interestrested...

Those plugs go get the edited most.
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Etranshub(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2023
Make sense but some of my people dey read msg sharply angry
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by gassbee: 12:18pm On May 25, 2023
I just tried it, am unable to edit

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by ceejay80s(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2023
It's not working , abi my phone different
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by Jagermeister(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
gassbee:
I just tried it, am unable to edit

Calm down ogbeni.. will be rolled out in weeks to come

12 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by easyfem(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
This is good for we that our english need to be corrected
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by oruma19: 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by finallybusy: 12:22pm On May 25, 2023
Meta wants the service to make the news for whatever reason. All publicity is good publicity. I proofread a lot, so I don't need such feature.
Re: Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range by saintkeppy(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2023
At least I can edit my messages to correct my mistakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided / How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Credit When Browsing - See Secret Codes / Letter To Airtel Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.