Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings (3564 Views)

Increase In Boko Haram Bombings Means We're Winning The War - Lai Mohammed / BREAKING: Buhari, Osinbajo And Saraki Celebrate Boko Haram Bombings? (PICTURES) / See How The Nigerian Army Have Upped Their Game Against Boko Haram Bombings. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by umechuma: 4:55am On Sep 28, 2011
Boko Haram: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Bombings

ABUJA-AHEAD of the 51st Independence anniversary and continued threat posed by Boko Haram, Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Onyeabor Azubuike Ihejirika, said yesterday, that despite successes recorded by the Army in its onslaught against the group, there was still need for better performance.

General Ihejirika spoke  even as he declared that there was foreign collaboration in the activities of the terrorist group, especially in the area of training of sect members in some African countries and funding from abroad but chose not to mention names.

The Army chief, who spoke at the 2011, third quarter, Chief of Army Staff Conference, also disclosed that he had taken the issue of welfare of officers and soldiers of the Army under his command as priority.

Reasons for grumbling

Iherijika who said no soldier could say his welfare or salaries and allowances were being toyed with, noting that there should be no reason for grumbling in that regard, noted: “Yes, it is true people say we (Army) have been doing well in handling the Boko Haram menace.

This quarterly conference is, however, borne out of my belief that, in spite of the commendation, the expectation, both from my office and the public, is that a situation where bombings continue to go on in spite of measures put in place is unacceptable.

“So we (General Officers Commanding, Principal Staff Officers, Corps Commanders, Brigade Commanders and Formation Commanders) need to really dissect our modules of operations and then we work and cooperate with others so as to come up with measures that will enhance security.”
Asked if it was true that foreign nationals from Niger, Sudan and Chad have been arrested in connection with the Boko Haram bombings and attacks, Ihejirika said: “Let me start with the involvement of Boko Haram or terrorist activities in Nigeria. It is definite that the groups that call themselves Boko Haram or terrorist receive training and possibly funding from elements abroad.

“This was evident from the type of weapons we have captured from them; the type of communication equipment we have captured from them; and the expertise they have displayed in preparation of improvised explosive and these are pointers to the fact that there is foreign involvement in the terrorism going on in Nigeria.”

On whether security agencies would ever contain and curtail the terrorist menace and restore the country to normalcy, he said: “What I want to say is that the Army will live up to the expectations of Nigerians and the army is prepared to carry out any task assigned to it. The issue of curbing security is a collective thing running from government at various levels, well meaning citizens and all the security agencies. But what I want to assure you is that the Army will cooperate and collaborate with other security agencies to improve on our present performance.”

When asked if he was aware that issues of allowances and welfare was raising dust among soldiers, the Army chief said: “As far as I am concerned, the officers and soldiers are getting their welfare as at when due and at the right time. Before I took over, the Army used to be paid last but today, there is no service that pays salaries and allowances before the Army.

In any case if there are complains on welfare, I want that to be brought to my knowledge but there is a general improvement in the welfare of officers and soldiers and in the provision of accommodation, a lot is going on now and most of the projects will be commissioned before the end of November.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-army-chief-confirms-foreigners-involvement-in-bombings/
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by xcolanto(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2011
I remember me and Cap28 stating that the ideology of the boko haram and their activities have been highjacked by some foreign agencies such as the CIA et al and some ignorant NLers laughed off such possiblity. Today the chief of army staff has re-stated that same opinion we shared on this forum a while ago. Am sure we might look like prophets to some but its just common sense that many fail to apply. Although he didn't mention these organisations, we all know the countries and their agencies (U.S, U.K and Co) that have the technical and intelligence capabilities to train and equip these group in carrying out their selfish intrests. To be honest we all should know that those boys from bauchi et al do not have what it takes to pull these bombings in the police heaquaters and the U.N building to be precise. Nigeria open your eyes! The enemy is from within (the presence of this foreign bodies on Nigerian soil).
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by AfroBlue(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2011
^^

Osama bin Laden, A.K.A.
CIA Asset "Tim Osman"

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/bin_laden_osman.html

Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by remarkD(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2011
Afro_blue, just wondering how you came up with your screen name? its not from the jazz tune, is it?
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by AfroBlue(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2011
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by xcolanto(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2011
@afro_blue
I went through the article u posted briefly and it comes as no suprise to me that the attack on the WTC was staged, so was the war against terror starting from osama bin ladien. In my humble opinion, this was done in other to instil fear into the lives of Americans so as to reduce the level of freedom they enjoyed and create a vaild means to control the lives of their citizens in the way that favours them. If am not mistaken, the 911 issue brought about the stop and search law as well as laws that gave way to detaining citizens for hours based on suspicious acts or reasons to believe one is linked to any form of terrorism. This is the same fallacy they are selling to the world (Africa presently) so they can intrude and have a say in the affairs of other countries based on fighting world terror. Nigeria as we are told now is being invaded and threaten by boko haram which the CIA claims have strong links with al qaida. Al-qaida that is basically U.S" made". My african people do not forget the desire to have Africom in africa by the west! And that can only be achieved through creating chaos in the region that would have the ever depending africa to call on the west for help, hence the introduction of Africom. Just my two cents
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by violent(m): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2011
I remember me and Cap28 stating that the ideology of the boko haram and their activities have been highjacked by some foreign agencies such as the CIA et al and some ignorant NLers laughed off such possiblity.

funny how in some people's vocab, foreigners always turn out to be CIA agents! ***smh***
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by Lekkerlife(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
Our yeye boys scout that called themselves ARMY, Go and meet the Israeli IDF to learn about MILITARY services, all they know is to carry old fahioned riffled called ak47 all about the country, to tactics, no skills, no intel, no gut, Your so called chief of toys is only looking for excuse not to do the job.

When people like me applied for admission to the NDA, you turned us down because I am son of no body, only generals and politician children who their Godfathers will not allow them to go for a real combats, their primary aim of being in the military is to embezzle large govt defense budget that are being allocated through the ministry of defense to them.

Its high time you did you are supposed to do or your loved ones get killed by the so called Islamist (sorry, is non of your business, your loved ones are not in the country so they wont be victims) so so so sad, the poor undefended and helpless masses will suffer it.

The almighty God will never forgive you and your generations.
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by olawalebabs(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
ATleadt we know the 'source', lets go for the kill, i mean the solution.
Re: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Boko Haram's Bombings by okeyxyz(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
umechuma:

Boko Haram: Army Chief Confirms Foreigners’ Involvement In Bombings
“This was evident from the type of weapons we have captured from them; the type of communication equipment we have captured from them; and the expertise they have displayed in preparation of improvised explosive and these are pointers to the fact that there is foreign involvement in the terrorism going on in Nigeria.”

all I see are words but not a shred of information. the typical nigerian standard of reporting. what do these concatenation of words even mean? I see words but not an iota of description whatsoever, no names, no whos, whats, wheres, whens, hows, whys. mtcheeww. i tire for this naija system that puts clueless people in positions of authority and the society at large who consume the nonsense and rubbish they feed us: "hook line & sinker".
if this army chief has no info\evidence to present, why not just shut the f@@k up & not waste my time. angry

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Omisore Is Leading In Nine Local Government Areas / Anambra Police DPO Resigns Over Posting To Chibok / Biafra: The Unavoidable Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.