Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers (5255 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Buhari Did Not Refuse Any Rolls Royce From Us” – High Commissioner To The UK / Don’t Commit Suicide Over Boko Haram , Sambo Mocks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by itiswell1(m): 6:38am On Sep 28, 2011
The Commissioner of Police, Kebbi State Command, Alhaji Latif Abiodun Junaid, has charged the officers and ranks serving in the state not to commit suicide or be allowed to be killed while on active service but should pray for successful retirement so as to be alive to enjoy the fruits of their labour.

He gave this charge while addressing police formations in Bunza, Dakingari, Birnin Kebbi, Area command and 36 Mobile Barracks, saying “you must ensure your personal safety first so that you can provide an effective performance of protecting others.”

Mr Junaid advised the policemen to always be cautious. Though Kebbi State was relatively peaceful, he said, issues of security must not be taken with laxity saying, they must be at alert at all time to prevent any unpredictable situation as security cautiousness always prevented crime occurrence.

According to him, it had been a standing order that no police station must be allowed to be bombed or burnt, adding  that any station that such happened, both the state commissioner  and policemen on duty would be arrested and prosecuted,  warning each policeman to remain at security alert of his environment.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28859-dont-commit-suicide-commissioner-tells-police-officers
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by obowunmi(m): 7:05am On Sep 28, 2011
What do prayers have to do with one's professional responsibilities ?
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by doctokwus: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
Unless d man was misquoted,bc going thru all what he said frm d grammatical construct to d message,its shameful dat d man is a commissioner of police in any state where civilised people live.U indeed know some people by dere words.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by flexibilit: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2011
obowunmi:

What do prayers have to do with one's professional responsibilities ?
EVERYTHING,
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Ayowumie(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
I dont see any reason why they shouldnt commit suicide judging from the the many extra-judicial killings they are reported to have engaged in.
Some time i contemplate that Nigeria would be better without the present police formations. They are bunch of criminals in clothings.
it is well:

According to him, it had been a standing order that no police station must be allowed to be bombed or burnt, adding  that any station that such happened, both the state commissioner  and policemen on duty would be arrested and prosecuted
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28859-dont-commit-suicide-commissioner-tells-police-officers
The commissioner is a chronic lier. What happened to police stations that Boko Haram have burnt so far? What happened to those burnt during the presidential election violence? The commissioners of Bauchi and Borno are still in charge despite all these.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2011
The Police are so scared of being Bokoed right now - suicide seems an attractive option
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by benzco: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't commit suicide judging from the the many extra-judicial killings they are reported to have engaged in.
Some time i contemplate that Nigeria would be better without the present police formations. They are bunch of criminals in clothing. please allow him to commit it do not prayer him atall my dear. lipsrsealed embarassed tongue grin
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2011
Pay them well and give them good life, they wont have to worry about dying so soon . . .take care if them and let them have good health care as well and tell them to pay their salary on time too
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
Reminds me of Dame Joanthan's grammar ''I will rather kill myself than to commit suicide ''. Funny police komisona grin
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Otunbakay(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
It seems d commisioner is encouraging them 2 be further indefferent in discharging there constitutional duty of protecting d citizery and yet they will be paid with d tax payers money.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by tlops(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Reminds me of Dame Joanthan's grammar ''I will rather kill myself than to commit suicide ''. Funny police komisona grin

Really?
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Parnassuss(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2011
There are risks in every job! That said, the commissioner has every right and reason to motivate his men. What I find disturbing is the fact that he cannot charge them to do the right thing by Nigerians all the time, instead he begs them to save their own skins.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Yinkay: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2011
At the rate our public officials are seeking refuge in Prayer, it will be better if 9ja adopts the Praying Mantis insect as the country mascot or logo.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by dipo1: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Bluetooth, did Dame really say this or its just a widespread joke?
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by ebecode(m): 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
These ppl are bunch of unprofessional bloodsuckers.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by moshoodn(m): 1:18am On Sep 29, 2011
Naijaians, fall to your knees and pray!
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 29, 2011
Is this man making sense?
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by gulfer: 6:36am On Sep 29, 2011
it is well:

The Commissioner of Police, Kebbi State Command, Alhaji Latif Abiodun Junaid, has charged the officers and ranks serving in the state not to commit suicide or be allowed to be killed while on active service but should pray for successful retirement so as to be alive to enjoy the fruits of their labour.

He gave this charge while addressing police formations in Bunza, Dakingari, Birnin Kebbi, Area command and 36 Mobile Barracks, saying “you must ensure your personal safety first so that you can provide an effective performance of protecting others.”

Mr Junaid advised the policemen to always be cautious. Though Kebbi State was relatively peaceful, he said, issues of security must not be taken with laxity saying, they must be at alert at all time to prevent any unpredictable situation as security cautiousness always prevented crime occurrence.

According to him, it had been a standing order that no police station must be allowed to be bombed or burnt, adding  that any station that such happened, both the state commissioner  and policemen on duty would be arrested and prosecuted,  warning each policeman to remain at security alert of his environment.

Do not commit suicide but MURDER is what the commissioner is saying(extrajudicial Killings and accidental discharges) This commissioner appears unlearned and his comments will haunt him later.
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by alexchuks: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
So when BOKHARAM come calling what should they do,
run away to stay alive to enjoy their benefit of serving their father land or use themselves to cover the bomb so the station will be preserved and so nobody is prosecuted ?
Re: 'Don’t Commit Suicide' - Commissioner To Police Officers by Gbenge77(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2011
Lol@topic.

(1) (Reply)

Contractors Still Absent On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / How Come Buhari(people's General) Could Afford Those Bullet Proof Jeeps? / Tony Tetuila, 9ice, D1 Adeneye, KSB Lose APC Primaries, As Demond Elliot Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.