Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria (17486 Views)

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This / Join Freelancers In Nigeria Slack Community / Freelancers In Nigeria – Join Slack Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Edoziesmart(m): 12:11am On May 27, 2023
Bonnielove:

Can you put me through?
I’ll pay for a connect I swear
I can write in all niches including poetry and I can’t find a job.
I can pay a fee if you want.
Let’s discuss on WhatsApp please can I drop my number?
And you fall into this cheap bait?

The OP just wrote that trash to see more clients (customer) that will buy his wack course.

I've outgrown such shit though.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by olahero(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2023
Gnar:

Which state? How many hours of electricity per day?

What's the annual rent for a 2 bdr and 3 bdr ensuite in your neighborhood?
Ilorin, Kwara State.
16hrs
400k upward.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by olahero(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2023
dave601:

You're in Lagos, right?
Ilorin
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by olahero(m): 10:36am On May 27, 2023
intruder15:

Data debit alert is after my life. Please show me the way. How can I connect to this MTN fibre broadband
It is specifically made for home and office, location locked. Visit MTN website for more details about MTN Fibre Broadband.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by 042boyz: 11:26am On May 27, 2023
Sheyimann:
I do SEO articles, what's your project about?
None at the moment but I'm open to contract jobs
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Gnar: 12:36pm On May 27, 2023
olahero:

Ilorin, Kwara State.
16hrs
400k upward.

Thanks for the response.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dave601: 2:51pm On May 27, 2023
olahero:

Ilorin

Ok, sorry, I can get the broadband at any location? I'm in Ekiti State.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by xiwaf: 5:26pm On May 27, 2023
Lets help bring traffic to your blog. WA

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by AishaDant(f): 11:04pm On May 28, 2023
aderemi457:
Please, I need assistance on how to get paid in USD.
I am a freelancer into translation/transcription (started some months back).

I was using Payday before now but I have been having trouble getting paid since Payday changed d collaborating bank or smth.
My client is holding my money currently.

Why don't you try payoneer?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2023
AishaDant:

Why don't you try payoneer?
simple
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 5:55am On May 30, 2023
HardMirror:
I will keep this short and no one should send me any message.

So last year I decided to revisit freelancing because I am a gifted writer and been writing for many years so why not use it to make money?

So I registered on a freelancing site and the journey began.

Making money is never the problem if you are a freelancer, the problem is how much time can you give to the job.
The job was just too much that i had to employ many nairalanders to work for me.
At a point I was earning $900 per week (i could earn much more than this but where is the time to do more work?) but the work was just too much. So much that i moved to an hotel for several months just so that i can focus and have the hotel staff attend to all my needs so I dont have to do any work except my writing job.

This is a job that would make you want to go mad. You will work mornimg and night as if you have no life. Forget social life, all you will be after is to meet deadlines.

People will think you are a yahoo boy because you dont go to an office and you are always on your laptop. They also see that you dont have problem with money. To make it worse you are always going to bank to collect dollars and take to aboki.

I shake my head when i see nigerians complaining that there is no work. There is work but most people cannot work. That is just the truth.

If you know you can make these sacrifices then you should consider freelancing so far you have the skills for the jobs you want to apply for.

Show us the sites you use and proves that this really works, if you can’t, kindly shut TF up. You are just a blatant and chronic liar.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2023
YOUTUBE9ja:

Show us the sites you use and proves that this really works, if you can’t, kindly shut TF up. You are just a blatant and chronic liar.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 e pain the werey. Unlike you. I am making money i dont need anyone to give me 1k. I dont do training. I am not interested in helping anyone. I dont give a Bleep. So I dont need to show anyone anything because i am not looking to sell anything or train anyone. Begger asking people to send him message on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 10:41am On May 30, 2023
HardMirror:

So last year I decided to revisit freelancing because I am a gifted writer and been writing for many years so why not use it to make money?

Making money is never the problem if you are a freelancer, the problem is how much time can you give to the job.
The job was just too much that i had to employ many nairalanders to work for me.
At a point I was earning $900 per week (i could earn much more than this but where is the time to do more work?) but the work was just too much. So much that i moved to an hotel for several months just so that i can focus and have the hotel staff attend to all my needs so I dont have to do any work except my writing job.

This is a job that would make you want to go mad. You will work mornimg and night as if you have no life. Forget social life, all you will be after is to meet deadlines.

People will think you are a yahoo boy because you dont go to an office and you are always on your laptop. They also see that you dont have problem with money. To make it worse you are always going to bank to collect dollars and take to aboki.

I shake my head when i see nigerians complaining that there is no work. There is work but most people cannot work. That is just the truth.

If you know you can make these sacrifices then you should consider freelancing so far you have the skills for the jobs you want to apply for.

They won't like this one😂

1 Like

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 1:19pm On May 30, 2023
HardMirror:
😂😂😂😂😂😂 e pain the werey. Unlike you. I am making money i dont need anyone to give me 1k. I dont do training. I am not interested in helping anyone. I dont give a Bleep. So I dont need to show anyone anything because i am not looking to sell anything or train anyone. Begger asking people to send him message on whatsapp.

Wow your mom is good in Editing. I just thought her how to edit my boy
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Majorbankz007: 3:18pm On May 30, 2023
HardMirror:

Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Kennystar08(m): 8:00am On Jun 03, 2023
Good day. My Name is Kenneth Chimezie, I am a frelance content writer, I look forward to getting a gig from you. Thank you in anticipation for your response.

kenaugust62@gmail.com
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2023
hmmmmm i learn from the comments
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by WebWriter: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
aderemi457:
Please, I need assistance on how to get paid in USD.
I am a freelancer into translation/transcription (started some months back).

I was using Payday before now but I have been having trouble getting paid since Payday changed d collaborating bank or smth.
My client is holding my money currently.

Please which platform do you get client from?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kennystar08:
Good day. My Name is Kenneth Chimezie, I am a frelance content writer, I look forward to getting a gig from you. Thank you in anticipation for your response.

kenaugust62@gmail.com
what niche is your specialty and what do you charge per word. What is your guaranteed output perday. Be 100% honest with your reaponse. Also very important what is your writing experience. No lies please and dont let us waste each other's time.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Davidsol: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2023
HardMirror:

Hello...
I want to request you review your topic. If you'll consider my suggestion "The Pleasurable Life Of A Freelancer!"

Probably, your experience is a result of your relationship with others.

I am a freelance writer, installations service provider, engaged with other businesses without saying "yes sir" to anyone.

I'm enjoying my job. And i derive pleasure helping others toll the path of freelancing, and working towards becoming employers, entrepreneurs and investors.

If you have interest in this ideology, enroll for the free course 'The Elemental You' advertised on this platform.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 7:58am On Jun 14, 2023
Davidsol:

Hello...
I want to request you review your topic. If you'll consider my suggestion "The Pleasurable Life Of A Freelancer!"

Probably, your experience is a result of your relationship with others.

I am a freelance writer, installations service provider, engaged with other businesses without saying "yes sir" to anyone.

I'm enjoying my job. And i derive pleasure helping others toll the path of freelancing, and working towards becoming employers, entrepreneurs and investors.

If you have interest in this ideology, enroll for the free course 'The Elemental You' advertised on this platform.
what nonsense is this?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by JobNeededUrgent: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
dalass:

Indians are scum and terrible. They pay you peanuts. They entered the freelance world and they know all the ways to cut into your hard-earned money. Since they came in, they negotiate unnecessarily. Sometimes they beg you to do jobs for free that Americans and Europeans pay you well to do.. Asking favours that they don't return.
please I'd appreciate if you do well to provide such freelancing sites that I can get gigs from Indians despite the peanut they pay
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by JobNeededUrgent: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Jeffyblaq:
When it's bad at home, it's actually worse out there..

Imagine a lady I just met online,with lovely commentary she gat for me.. Like dude I like u already..u cool👌

Where are you from? For the first time I sounded truthful to a lady, I told her dat I'm a Nigerian.

Oops.. So Sorry handsome I'm gonna block you. 😔

Like WTF 😡

THE HATRED FOR THIS CONTRAPTION IS DAMN TOO DEEP☹️
give me her contact make I use Australian vpn take run am
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 2:48am On Jun 16, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:
please I'd appreciate if you do well to provide such freelancing sites that I can get gigs from Indians despite the peanut they pay

What skills do you have? What are you good at?
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by TinubuSlave(f): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2023
dalass:

just copywriting.
But if there are there niches that requires just average basic knowledge then I can improvise.
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2023
TinubuSlave:
just copywriting.
But if there are there niches that requires just average basic knowledge then I can improvise.

I don't do copywriting. Sometimes cultural adaptation.

Google for the sites that are okay for copywriters.

It will take time for your hustle to pay but make sure you give your best at a competitive rate. After sometime,, you will be hiring people to work for you or you will be rejecting jobs.

Wishing you all the best
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Ogiame: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2023
dalass:

Shut up. Dummy
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by dalass(f): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ogiame:
Shut up. Dummy

undecided
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by Ogiame: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2023
dalass:

undecided
Shut up.
Nonsense
Re: The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria by qtguru(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2023
TinubuSlave:
just copywriting.

Valid point, most people just try out basic skills, if you research and Upskill, you will see there are some interesting skills, one can get into, just time and focus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years / 5 Tips To Build Your Confidence / Don’t Be Stupid And Avoid These Career Killer Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.