Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? (22607 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2023
Getting into the university before learning a marketable skill (soft or otherwise)
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Chopkiss: 4:45pm On May 25, 2023
Buying nigerian used cars cry

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by DrAkpamudehe: 4:47pm On May 25, 2023
Carrying olosho

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by dokyOloye: 4:56pm On May 25, 2023
Horbar1:
If I may ask, why ? Because one of my kids wants to be a med doc.
Haven't you noticed all d doctors are running away from Nigeria?
How many fine houses have u ever seen and they said it belongs to a Dr?
Unless the child will have in mind that it's just for him/her to study and then migrate.
Then female too,it favours them cos anything a female brings in thr family is considered a bonus unlike a man that is expected to build a house in the town and in the village,buy car,rent house,school fees etc

3 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by DrAkpamudehe: 4:57pm On May 25, 2023
Soulseeker01:
Marrying the wrong woman!! Jst becus my friends are all married

I dey d same boat o

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Loveabove(f): 5:04pm On May 25, 2023
Chopkiss:
Sports betting cry
Sure game
There is no sure game anywhere
E go still cut

Stop that

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Whiterose21: 5:17pm On May 25, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

Lol .. I won laugh die. Why would u study botany as a man in Nigeria. I won laugh die.

Years back... I wanted to major in Marine Engineering because I had a zeal for it. After writing jamb.. I pass jamb then I do not meet up post utme cut off. They always gv me stupid courses. I did watch all my set go into Uniben... Uniport.. Delsu. Landmark.. Futo... It was not funny oh. Everyone at home then looked at me like a failure. All my friends with the Estate were in school. Reading funny funny courses because they didn't want to stay at home.

I had to settle with Mechanical Engineering.
But do you or ever regretted studying mechanical engineering?
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Shizzi23(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2023
55truth:
Let's discuss as a family, those mistakes you made which you later regret and you wouldn't want your children to make.

Mine was going to the university without learning a skill and solely hoping to land a good paying job with the certificate after school. When "Nigeria" dawned on me, I realized I made a mistake by not fortifying myself with skills while going to school.

My children will not make such a mistake. If God approves, they will go into sports and entertainment from tender age.

Let's learn from each other.

Sucking of pussy, that na bad thing 😒☺️😊
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by DemonSlayer: 5:23pm On May 25, 2023
SugarGirl44:
Not learning about making money early enough.
Would also wish for them to get married a bit earlier, girls 23-25, boys 26-28.

Nice. Please, what's the rationale behind marrying earlier?
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Whiterose21: 5:26pm On May 25, 2023
dokyOloye:

Haven't you noticed all d doctors are running away from Nigeria?
How many fine houses have u ever seen and they said it belongs to a Dr?
Unless the child will have in mind that it's just for him/her to study and then migrate.
Then female too,it favours them cos anything a female brings in thr family is considered a bonus unlike a man that is expected to build a house in the town and in the village,buy car,rent house,school fees etc
Your comment reminded me of what someone said, when I told her about her son's, acting like a doctor in class, that maybe the boy will be a med. doctor and the woman said God forbid, what do doctors have? I was like...

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by integridad: 5:28pm On May 25, 2023
AdsterraLord:
"being too NICE to people". Do you know that NICE means a stupid and a foolish person?

There's is a difference between being Nice, polite, courteous or kind.

Most Nigerians confuse this and start portraying a bad attitude because they don't want to be considered as Nice, everybody should be courteous and polite.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Onyiridike(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2023
Patosky4U:
Not been patient to study my dream course (MBBS) instead I went on to study biochemistry in a country that do not value it
I don't think the problem is studying Biochemistry in Nigeria.
What is the guarantee that you would have done better with an MBBS certificate?
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Whiterose21: 5:36pm On May 25, 2023
55truth:
Let's discuss as a family, those mistakes you made which you later regret and you wouldn't want your children to make.

Mine was going to the university without learning a skill and solely hoping to land a good paying job with the certificate after school. When "Nigeria" dawned on me, I realized I made a mistake by not fortifying myself with skills while going to school.

My children will not make such a mistake. If God approves, they will go into sports and entertainment from tender age.

Let's learn from each other.
Same here, I regretted not learning any Skill and my mum was a fashion designer, I didn't even know how to fix thread in the machine.
Now my children are learning skills, once is long vacation, they resume their apprenticeship. I told them to go and learn what they have passion for, at least when they are done with university, if government didn't employ them, they will employ themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by dokyOloye: 5:36pm On May 25, 2023
Whiterose21:

Your comment reminded me of what someone said, when I told her about her son's, acting like a doctor in class, that maybe the boy will be a med. doctor and the woman said God forbid, what do doctors have? I was like...
🤣🤣
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Onyiridike(f): 5:41pm On May 25, 2023
zhirkovrado:

Boss tell me more, I'm on the same track too I once applied for mbbs but was given Biochemistry and I'm now in 300L, just getting negative reviews everywhere have you anything to tell me??
Graduate with 1st class or 2:1 at a young age, preferably 24-25.
Get your masters immediately after NYSC and you will surely enjoy your Biochemistry in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Caleb15(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2023
Avoid akara junction to college bus-stop at aduwawa road, i thought i was living never knew i was dieing

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by hotplate: 5:48pm On May 25, 2023
sherylbaky:
Apply for medical sales rep, biochemists are making it in that field
Do you have any available vacancies? I've been doing that.
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Sammy5413(m): 6:04pm On May 25, 2023
Living in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2023
Whiterose21:

But do you or ever regretted studying mechanical engineering?

Yeah. I do. To be sincere all I wanted was Marine Engineering. I had to prove to my father that I was not a failure. I came out with 2.1. few points to first class. I felt happy because my Dad was proud but to what end man. It was never my dream just a point to prove.

When it done on me that I will never make any decision again base on what people think was the very moment I worked at steel industries during my school days and Industrial Training.

When I eventually have kids I won't let them make career decisions because they want to make me proud but what they love doing.

3 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by namo77: 6:25pm On May 25, 2023
It’s plenty:
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:59pm On May 25, 2023
Olarewaju89:
Betting cry
Same
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by FuckTheMod: 7:08pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
Marrying for the wrong reason and being too nice to people.
I realized life is a jungle late am still finding it hard to adjust
If you married as a virgin, the marriage would have lasted.
The effect of having so many BODYCOUNT before marriage is very grave...
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Divoc19(f): 7:25pm On May 25, 2023
I just realized. Thank Goodness it's not late for me undecided
AdsterraLord:
"being too NICE to people". Do you know that NICE means a stupid and a foolish person?

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Divoc19(f): 7:28pm On May 25, 2023
@ Kennyfancy
Looks, I married for looks, like my kids will look beautiful and handsome.

It was hell..
PrimadonnaO:

Why did you get married?

2 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Lightway: 7:40pm On May 25, 2023
zhirkovrado:

Boss tell me more, I'm on the same track too I once applied for mbbs but was given Biochemistry and I'm now in 300L, just getting negative reviews everywhere have you anything to tell me??

Graduate first and join the jobless..... Microbiology is even better

2 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:53pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
@ Kennyfancy

It was hell..

Owwww.

Do your kids look beautiful and handsome?
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by DrAkpamudehe: 7:58pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
@ Kennyfancy

It was hell..

If na you dey your dp, then I don't think that is possible o
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Rubbiish(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2023
Soulseeker01:
Marrying the wrong woman!! Jst becus my friends are all married
Quite true
There is this trickish pressure that also comes with all your friends getting married & discussing their family in every gathering. If one is not careful, u can end up in a wrong marriage not to feel odd.

5 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by purples25(f): 8:12pm On May 25, 2023
Not being very very smart and sharp. No defense mechanism.

I want my kid/kids to be very capable of defending themselves, very confident, very sharp, able to make people who mess with them regret, able to stand their ground, be a likeable person without any strange hatred from the public attached to them, etc.

4 Likes

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by purples25(f): 8:28pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
@ Kennyfancy

It was hell..

Well, can't blame you for that. We live in a judgemental world. So that means you married a really good looking guy huh? wink

1 Like

Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by TUTU147: 9:01pm On May 25, 2023
tydi:

Hey man!
And how are you coping now??
Is not easy bro
Re: What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 25, 2023
Divoc19:
@ Kennyfancy

It was hell..

Hmmn you were part of those young girls wey no Dey use eye see fine boy lol grin

Those girls that will boast about their handsome bobo

Those Ladies that like TDH grin

Well marrying because someone is pretty or handsome is same as buying a house because of its paintings. Sooner or later it will fade

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] / Boy Becomes Child Beggar’s Friend In Calabar; Wants Him In School / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.