Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians (31337 Views)

Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos / FG Approves Banks To Issue NIN Card To Nigerians / FG Orders Banks To Open From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Onyi90(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2023
dre11:
(Banks Can Now Issue NIN Cards To Nigerians – Minister

"It is going to be a form of multipurpose card where it will serve as your national identity card on one hand and also your bank card on the other hand."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/600404-banks-can-now-issue-nin-cards-to-nigerians-minister.html

What about Nigerians that operate multiple banks
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by baralatie(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2023
Onyi90:

What about Nigerians that operate multiple banks
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by IMASTEX: 11:22am On May 25, 2023
Pwettylinda:
50 Trillion Dollars spent on this new development grin

I trust Buhari with heavy budgeting and spending
Write with your full chest. I have included the currency grin grin grin
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by correctguy101(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2023
Acekidc4:
Now that's what i call good Thinking.......... Movement wey make Sense............ Unlike one Idiot called Emefiele who use his Destiny do Rubbish all in the name of Punishing his Generations.

POLICE: Show me your ID Card, ah your ID Card is also your ATM Card, Oga Drop Something before you go.

ME: No ATM around here sir.

POLICE: no worry ah get Pos, Oya put am put am.

You dis man.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by adeniyi65(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
One Card that contains your biometric data as well as your wealth.

Are you pondering what I am pondering?
If I say money
You say "otilo" e don go.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Fearyourcreator: 11:30am On May 25, 2023
Rebuker:
I hope they do. One question, if I have an account with more than 4 banks, can I request each of the banks to print out NIN Card for me? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€“

Abeg make una just print our NiN card separately for us jejeπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ

Like the four banks registered you NIN four times...
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by nedu2000(m): 11:49am On May 25, 2023
With NIN u still spend hours in an immigration office that already have your info 'cause of capturing
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by blaise26abj(m): 11:51am On May 25, 2023
I swear Nigerian politicians know what to do to make this country move forward . But what they will steal and personal interest will never make them do those things . Look at the time this sensible move is coming . Useless bunch of selfish assholes
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by DrDunamis(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2023
dre11:

"It is going to be a form of multipurpose card where it will serve as your national identity card on one hand and also your bank card on the other hand."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/600404-banks-can-now-issue-nin-cards-to-nigerians-minister.html
Wonderful development, but I'm just curious as to why foreign companies such as Master and Visa are the ones handling this while there was no mention of our own Verve.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Chetas81(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2023
another business for them oloshi
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Minjim: 12:59pm On May 25, 2023
Of cos it will expire as your Atm expires.

Once you get a new Atm, you get it again

Shalommy:
Hope this double card won't expire?undecided
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Minjim: 1:00pm On May 25, 2023
DrDunamis:

Wonderful development, but I'm just curious as to why foreign companies such as Master and Visa are the ones handling this while there was no mention of our own Verve.

So verve is our own? Little wonder it's network is hard on POS.
I feel better using Mastercard
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 1:39pm On May 25, 2023
babaolofin:

Why are they coming out with different policies few days to go?

What is the Minister saying - that you gave order to CBN on what you ought to jointly partners and is yet to be implemented,while you are in your Office,now you are telling Nigerians?
Even the same Emefiele has not complied with the Cashless Policy,so who do Nigerians believes?
Believed this story at your own peril!
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by do4luv14(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2023
CruelDove:
While I commend this development, what about it's expiration date?.....

How often will Nigerians have to request for a new one due to expiration? And how large will the government extort us with the new policy with VAT and other criminal charges?

It's a good development tho

Not a good development,

those with 3 to 4 banks account, will now have to card 2 to 4 different Nin or what
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Masterk2019: 1:57pm On May 25, 2023
An easy way for police to ask for our atm card without implication and justification
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by yom2(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2023
emmykk:
Yahoo boy and police will fight to the end for this one
Abi yahoo dey loose market small small
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by musicwriter(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is a brilliant idea! Some schools actually have ID cards with multipurpose use so Banks can do same .

I do not support it being on MasterCard or Visa card that are foreign owned companies. This is so that we can protect the data of Nigerians from being warehoused by foreigners and foreign countries. It should be on the national domestic debit card CBN recently approved with the Bankers Committee and not Visa or Mastercard. .
Check my signature for free stuffs!

All database of third world countries are hosted in a foreign server, even Nairaland database.

The Mastercard and Visa card you already use don't belong to Nigerian banks. The banks are just like marketers. The cards and the infrastructure that powers the technology are all based overseas. If they experience downtime (and it do happen) your cards won't work.

So, they already have everything you can imagine.

In 2014 or thereabout, Germany exposed how the US hacked into their database. Obama apologized and said it won't happen again.

Russia and US regularly trade accusations against one another of online espionage. Yet, these are counties with advanced protection.

Etc.

Not even to mention of private actors that outnumber governments.

The idea is a very bad one, not even for the fear of storing our national database overseas but because we're not yet ripe for that type of technology. It would expose people to fraud.

1 Like

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by ShaqFu: 3:22pm On May 25, 2023
dre11:

so if I have 3 bank account, I can have 3 different NIN Id card or what exactly.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Walamide: 3:57pm On May 25, 2023
I am waiting for you people to collect first.. I never ready.. Please share your experience after u don collect.. Make dem no use me do guinea pig
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Belteshazzar1: 4:24pm On May 25, 2023
EyenIbibio1:
That's a very commendable move, I love this Isa Patanla, he doesn't reason like his fellow plastic kettle addicts.

grin grin
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by DrDunamis(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2023
Minjim:

So verve is our own? Little wonder it's network is hard on POS.
I feel better using Mastercard
Yes verve is a Nigerian based company.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2023
Is the card gonna carry your picture and biodata? If not, then its not an ID card
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by seunayantokun(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2023
Belated good move, though it has never been targeted at fishing out terrorists and their backers like Pantami, Elrufai and Buhari, and others, which is the right thing to do. They have our details and can track us if we go against their evil agenda but would be quick to say they don't know the whereabouts of the fulani herdsmen terrorists and boko haram terrorists killing and changing demographics all Nigeria. Park of devils! They changed terrorists to bandits. Is their no difference between the two? They continue to arm and support use of sophisticated weaponry by the terrorists and have never arrested and prosecuted any. Those incarcerated they mischievously allowed to brake jails and go free.if you take up a machete and say you want to defend yourself, they send the DSS, the police, and the military after you saying you are against the state, you want to brake up Nigeria. Anyway, I'm sure your evils will be taken care of by God.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Mamijoh(f): 5:30pm On May 25, 2023
superlanny:
Na dying minute Buhari prick dey rise, bunch of clueless mofos.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Mamijoh(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
isabi2lof:
Buhari is working, Nigeria is working.
Abi ooh

1 Like

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Abemy(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2023
I hope those bank workers that collaborate with fraudsters will not take the advantage to up their games?
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by dnawah(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2023
dre11:

automatically he is asking us to pay for our NIN cards.banks cannot and will never do i for free.chie!!!! Even to the last day u still dey suffer us? There is God o!
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by TheBillyonaire: 9:40pm On May 25, 2023
thesicilian:

Lol. So how do you deal with liquidity?

I do not have any account on my name. Just business accounts and I steal from my own businesses to survive, therefore, no personal income taxes cos I work for free, no salary.

1 Like

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by thesicilian: 9:54pm On May 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I do not have any account on my name. Just business accounts and I steal from my own businesses to survive, therefore, no personal income taxes cos I work for free, no salary.
Funny, but not such a bad idea though.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Vesilli: 11:42pm On May 25, 2023
A very welcome development
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Litmus: 7:17am On May 26, 2023
Good. For added National Security sake, as much Nigerians as possible need to be documented. The actions of Bokoharam, herdsmen, Bandits and kidnappers has ment that Nigerians no longer deserve personal privacy as one of the fruits of the liberal democracy tree.

Significant amount of Nigerians exploit the anonymity imlicit in freedoms to deadly effect. Most liberal democratic states of the West have been where Nigeria is and have evolved to record as much of thire citizens as possible on realising the existential threat that too much freedom posses. Developments in biotechnology, quantum computing and institutional involvement in Blockchain tec is going to help them record even more of their citizens. Pretty soon only a miniscule few will be able to move around in the world's spaces unknown by the Big Brother state and I cannot say that stupid peoples abuse of freedom did not cause us to warrant this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Adamu Garba Warns Tinubu: Do Not Send Military Intervention To Niger Republic / Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.