Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite (17270 Views)

Sweden Enters Recession As Inflation Hits Consumers / South Africa Slips Into Recession / South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by 1stola: 2:18pm On May 25, 2023
angry
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by FireUpNow(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2023
They will come out of it. Germany has good managers of the economy but I this Russian energy thing affected them greatly

2 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by IVORY2009(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2023
The Bundestag president, frank Walter, its unfortuante Germany has to go into recession at this point in time, we pray that they bounces back
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by FIRDAUS3(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2023
When you start war that you cannot finish, recession is the end result. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by dalass(f): 2:20pm On May 25, 2023
Ukraine and Russian war must deal with EU and NATO countries .... Sebi dey wan show power?

Let them continue cool

5 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by JuanDeDios: 2:21pm On May 25, 2023
Good line for Lai Mohammed or whoever replaces him - even Germany is in recession, but thanks to Buhari (or Tinubu), there is no recession in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by ogascomax: 2:22pm On May 25, 2023
We just have foolish few making decisions for all of us. You ban all that you were enjoying because of stupid war that you guys encouraged, just to get back on Russia and today the whole world is suffering it. An agenda I know playing out.
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Ayohbk(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2023
savcy:

What many do not know is that the Ukraine war actually halted a huge plan the EU had to get itself off US influence, and that plan involved integrating Russia into EU affairs. NATO would probably have been disbanded in 10 years time, because EU powers were already getting weary of it and questioning it's continued existence. This war granted legitimacy to NATO, a development which saddens Germany, Hungary, France and Belgium, because they had a plan to create a military organisation that would protect EU interests solely. EU isn't really happy about how the war is progressing. They all want an end to it, either militarily or by negotiations. But they want it to happen now. They're weary of it and just want it to end. The EU still and will always see Russia as a brother.

You type a lot of rubbish in bold letters , lol..... just making up theories from thin air

2 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by lexy2014: 2:23pm On May 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:
Just print more money! FFS

How will printing more money increase demand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Quelme: 2:24pm On May 25, 2023
savcy:

"Strategic partnership" is the right description. Thank you for that. But Russia was a part of the plan. Can't plan for Europe's prosperity and dismiss Russian influence entirely. The situation with Zelensky you described isn't out of place at all. There was a bit of reluctance from the EU front with providing weapons to Ukraine at the initial stages, and that tells a lot. Even till date, only the US is planning on send F-series jets there, because they have other interests in the war beyond EU's prospects, and the EU knows this.

No one is asking why France has been quiet. Most EU countries right now are speaking through Hungary, and asking for negotiations to commence. They don't want the war to continue. They know Russia will pound Ukraine to smithereens regardless of ammunition provided. There's a reason they all fear Russia till tomorrow. The Hungarian PM said it earlier in the week that a victory over Russia in Ukraine is a mirage. Won't happen. Zelensky is doing what he's doing because he knows Russia won't escalate the war unless their border is breached, and they know the US has their backs. I'm neither pro-Russ or Pro-Us Pro-Ukraine, but I think the sensible thing right now is to negotiate. If sanctions couldn't hold North Korea from building ICBMs and Nukes, you think it would stop Russia? Like the US and UK, Russia is a force of nature. They'll forever be here, until Christ comes.
Our resident Western ass lickers need to read this.

8 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by dalass(f): 2:25pm On May 25, 2023
FireUpNow:
They will come out of it. Germany has good managers of the economy but I this Russian energy thing affected them greatly

Exactly. The economy must suffer the war going on near them. Hope NATO joins Hungary president to tell Ukraine to shelve it's NATO ambition. The same way Americans dealt with Cuba when it wanted to allow Russian missiles, the same way Russia too will continue to deal with Ukraine till it receives sense

I only pity the innocent souls that are dying unnecessarily undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Moniya4Real(m): 2:25pm On May 25, 2023
It’s so pathetic European leaders are yet to open their eyes and avoid beign used as pawns by Washington. Left to Europeans, it servers no interest of theirs if NATO doesn’t expand eastward or wherever, doesn’t serve their interests for NATO to destabilize Libya but for as long as it serves their master’s interests. They follow blindly. According to the French president, Emmanuel Macron, It’s high time Europe started to be looking to put their interest in what benefit them, and not Washington’s .

6 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Flangelo12: 2:26pm On May 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:

Are you from the numnum school of economics?
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by OloyeVIII: 2:26pm On May 25, 2023
lexy2014:

How will printing more money increase demand?
I really have no clue man... i just think more money solves errthang.
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Ayohbk(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2023
savcy:

"Strategic partnership" is the right description. Thank you for that. But Russia was a part of the plan. Can't plan for Europe's prosperity and dismiss Russian influence entirely. The situation with Zelensky you described isn't out of place at all. There was a bit of reluctance from the EU front with providing weapons to Ukraine at the initial stages, and that tells a lot. Even till date, only the US is planning on send F-series jets there, because they have other interests in the war beyond EU's prospects, and the EU knows this.

No one is asking why France has been quiet. Most EU countries right now are speaking through Hungary, and asking for negotiations to commence. They don't want the war to continue. They know Russia will pound Ukraine to smithereens regardless of ammunition provided. There's a reason they all fear Russia till tomorrow. The Hungarian PM said it earlier in the week that a victory over Russia in Ukraine is a mirage. Won't happen. Zelensky is doing what he's doing because he knows Russia won't escalate the war unless their border is breached, and they know the US has their backs. I'm neither pro-Russ or Pro-Us Pro-Ukraine, but I think the sensible thing right now is to negotiate. If sanctions couldn't hold North Korea from building ICBMs and Nukes, you think it would stop Russia? Like the US and UK, Russia is a force of nature. They'll forever be here, until Christ comes.

lol.....bro,how do you come up with this rubbish. Everyone knows the US has been reluctant to send f16 to Ukraine. it's EU that's pushing for it , that's why UK , Netherlands and Germany have offered to train Ukrainians on the Jet . Biden only agreed that US will train them in the just concluded G7 meeting
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by FireUpNow(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2023
dalass:

Exactly. The economy must suffer the war going on near them. Hope NATO joins Hungary president to tell Ukraine to shelve it's NATO ambition. The same way Americans dealt with Cuba when it wanted to allow Russian missiles, the same way Russia too will continue to deal with Ukraine till it receives sense

I only pity the innocent souls that are dying unnecessarily undecided
The negotiators must up their games to end the war

1 Like

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2023
Stupid Germans....
When you were opening your bothers to Syria 🇸🇾 and Iraqi terrorists refugees in the name of getting colour cheap labour in 2015 n 2016...you forgot these are natural economic disasters on its own?

Next is weakening your social life in order to start demanding Muslim ☪️ rights shit. Next would be chants of "its our land too" Next is gradual terrorism then demand for sharia....Next would be killing n Looting n rap.ing .
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by OloyeVIII: 2:29pm On May 25, 2023
Flangelo12:

Are you from the numnum school of economics?
I don't understand shii about the economy, i just focus on making more than yesterday to take care of tomorrow..
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Ayohbk(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2023
savcy:

Hahah.... which Europeans are speaking through Hungary. Hungary is totally inconsequential in Europe ,no one gives a shit about them. This is a country that does not adhere to EU standards , which is why many aids have been withheld. Orban is only being tolerated because unanimous votes are needed for ascension of new countries to NATO and also approval of funds for Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by ken6488(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2023
Problem

1 Like

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Moniya4Real(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2023
Freedom my foot! The recession wasn’t as a result of the war on Ukraine, but rather , on their beign a vassal to Washington’s policy in the region, which doesn’t serve the interests of Germany and Europe at Large. NATO chose to keep encircling Tussia and you expect the Russians to sit by and do nothing, as if the US would allow that at their own backyard. Keep deceiving yourself about freedom, they don’t even care about you as an African. You better wake up

God1000:
Some people will mock Germany for its stance on Russia's illegal war in Ukraine

But I'm sure they fully prepared for this, that's the price of freedom, Freedom comes at a cost

4 Likes

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by dalass(f): 2:35pm On May 25, 2023
FireUpNow:

The negotiators must up their games to end the war

Sorry to be pessimistic but this war is a game and a money spinner to few cabal countries. Until they are good and ready, it won't stop angry

America that's powerful enough to do something in mediation is in the middle of it. The war games and drills started last year with NATO members, later China and Russia...

It is well grin

1 Like

Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Moniya4Real(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2023
This Hungary part I really don’t subscribe to but you need to know all what he typed in the first paragraph are nothing but the truth. It’s all about the US interests rather than the EU. But guess who all these would affect more- the RU.

Ayohbk:

Hahah.... which Europeans are speaking through Hungary. Hungary is totally inconsequential in Europe ,no one gives a shit about them. This is a country that does not adhere to EU standards , which is why many aids have been withheld. Orban is only being tolerated because unanimous votes are needed for ascension of new countries to NATO and also approval of funds for Ukraine.
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by sammirano: 2:36pm On May 25, 2023
So some of you think Germany is with Ukraine on this war. Lolz
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Flangelo12: 2:36pm On May 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:

I don't understand shii about the economy, i just focus on making more than yesterday to take care of tomorrow..

OK sir.

Well done.
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by swaqq(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2023
Laughing in block account
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Didijiji: 2:39pm On May 25, 2023
Watch as APC go to copy this as use as excuse for failure. As if no country is witnessing economic growth
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by Moniya4Real(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2023
I like your honesty man😂
OloyeVIII:

I really have no clue man... i just think more money solves errthang.
Re: Germany Slips Into Recession As Inflation, Higher Interest Bite by LZAA: 2:42pm On May 25, 2023
OloyeVIII:
This sarcasm grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial / Niger: Benin Republic Foreign Minister, Olushegun Pledges Support For ECOWAS / Obama's Victory Spells Trouble For Israel's Netanyahu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.