Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,272 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:33 AM

Man Claims Youtuber Tiamiyu Arrived UK Nine Months Ago - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Claims Youtuber Tiamiyu Arrived UK Nine Months Ago (211 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu In Nigeria Police Uniform Before He Left For The UK (Throwback) / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / Emdee Tiamiyu Apologises Over Comment On BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Claims Youtuber Tiamiyu Arrived UK Nine Months Ago by SportFm: 10:46am On May 25, 2023
A man on Twitter has claimed that the embattled Nigerian Youtuber, Emdee Tiamiyu, only arrived in the United Kingdom less than a year ago.

The Twitter user, @Dr. Penking who stated this in a tweet on Wednesday said Tiamiyu entered the country as a dependant.

The tweep, who attached a picture of Tiamiyu in a plane wrote, “This is Emdee Tiamiyu on his way to the UK in September 2022. He entered the UK with the same dependent route on September 2022. Less than 9 months after he entered the UK, he closed the border against his kinsmen and lineage with his mouth.”

In a separate tweet, Dr.Penking also posted a video of Tiamiyu where he was supposedly heading to the UK from Nigeria.

Tiramisu in the video could be heard saying, “Thank God I don’t look like what I have been through. I have been through a lot. If I need to get a tattoo, I’ll tell them to write – this country na wa o on my forehead.”

The PUNCH reported that Tiamiyu, who is known for advising Nigerians on studying in the United Kingdom declared that many of them are not looking for new qualifications, but to start a new life abroad.

In an interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation, he added that most of those who applied for schooling in the country only considered it as an alternative means to escape from Nigeria.

He said, “The student route is more like an answered prayer. It is a big bracket that’s able to take a lot of people, the ordinary people”.

“We’re beginning to see that a lot of people just hide behind the studentship. So the student thing is not real, it’s not like they need the degrees,” he added.

Tiamiyu, who is based in Birmingham, granted the interview in the wake of the new immigration rules that will prevent Nigerian students, and others studying in the UK, from bringing family as dependents except under specific circumstances.

Under the new rule, which will take effect January 2024, the UK will remove the permission for international students to switch out of the student route and into work routes before their studies have been completed to prevent misuse of the visa system.

Nigerians, who felt displeased by Tiamiyu’s submission said he had ruffled the chances of those who genuinely planned to study in the UK.

He had since apologised for what he said.

(1) (Reply)

Canada Visa For Family / Good And Generally Affordable Hotels In Abakaliki,ebonyi State / If Seyi Can Relocate To Canada, Then You Can - See How She Did It Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.