Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Pain Of An Accountant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Pain Of An Accountant (13954 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Being Jobless As A Man / Agony Of An Accountant / My Advice For You As An Accountant! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of An Accountant by Mish02: 11:24am On May 25, 2023
I am an expert in accounting. Finance management, cost accounting and tax filing.

I am confident and ready to relocate.

I remember making a post some years back on the agony of an accountant.

I got promoted to the level of acting general manager where I functioned for a year in the hotel. But without a pay raise.

When I complained on pay raise and also getting an accountant, as I was functioning both as the hotel accountant and the general manager, the chairman requested that I recruit an accountant within which period, he surprises me with a new general manager.
I was then asked to continue my duties as an accountant.

I was surprised as I performed excellently well in my new role as a GM.
Revenue increased from 13m to about 20-25m monthly.

The chairman told me his decision was so because he couldn't get an accountant and I was unable to get one too.

Although I had recommended that the cashier be promoted but he refused.

I couldn't cope with the new boss as he felt unsecured with me.

Eventually I had to resign. Although the chairman has called that we have a chat but I want to move on.

I really don't feel appreciated on the job which will surely affect my performance.

I am using these medium to request for placement wherever possible.
I'm ready to relocate.

Thank you.

For those who didn't see my early post on the AGONY OF AN ACCOUNTANT, here is an extract.
am 29 years old. I have worked for 9years. 2years as an inventory office, 1 year as an inventory manager, 2years as a marketer, 4 years as an accountant.

Here's my story.
I got employed into a hotel as an accountant, when then I was posted from Abuja to kano the head office on an agreed probation period of 3 month then I'll be paid the agreed salary.

I resumed in the Kano office and found out there was no Accounting system, auditing process, inventory management books, vouchers and ledgers and no cashiering system..

I started with the store. I introduced all the store vouchers MRN, SIV, SR, store ledgers, trained the store officer and then I concentrated on the cashier after which I began with the purchasing system.

I introduced the use of PRV, PO/LPO, Waybill, DN and gate pass, trained the purchaser on forecasting and budgeting then I began with the cashier. I strengthened the Accounting system and processes.

And then I was given a task to assist the external auditor solve an issue with tax liabilities to a tune above 20m which was as a result of lack of due diligence on the part of the auditor and inadequate records on the part of the previous Accountant. These liabilities was accumulated from 2016-2019. These task he said was part of my appraisal.

I was able to work with the auditors and we solved the problem all within 5months of my resumption and we even got the tax authorities reimbursing us almost 4.5m.

Here is the problem. My employer has refused to keep to the rules of engagement.

I don't know how to go about these.

Please advise needed from experienced persons.

Thanks

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by hkidola00(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2023
nigerian judges shouldnt play with our lives,we cant have an osama and a dealer as our front runner,tinubu will sniff cocaine and order the airforce to strike a town

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by VikingKing: 1:10pm On May 26, 2023
The funny thing is that after all of this, you will still never be able to afford to drive a Maybach or own a house in banana Island.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by pocohantas(f): 1:10pm On May 26, 2023
Pele. I don't know how professionals with solid skills think their breakthrough would come from one wicked Nigerian employer.

Dust your CV.
Update your LinkedIn profile.
Change your display picture to something professional and catchy.
Apply for (remote) jobs.

It wouldn't be easy at first, but with consistency you would definitely get something.

The last time a Nigerian employer contacted me via LinkedIn with their wicked salary and working conditions. My response was less than 10 words.

It is like you Nigerian youths are not getting update sha.

The only justification to this your suffer is if you have no paper qualification. Then we have to revisit the school na scam topic.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by rentAcock(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2023
Goodluck
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Chassy03: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
Last to comment
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2023
It's well sad
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by BarrElChapo(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2023
Do you have any qualifications on paper, BSc MSc, cos I deduced you learnt on the job, this may be the reason why they’re not paying you something commensurate with your job description.

10 Likes

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by ednut1(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2023
Let me advise you as a chartered accountant
1. You lack confidentiality- why are you posting your company business and numbers online. Revenue increased during . Why are you telling us the numbers Any potential employer will be discouraged.
2. Make use of linkedin and other job websites
3. Learn data science and basic tech your skills
4. Write acca or ican if you haven’t

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Adeneeyee84: 1:14pm On May 26, 2023
H
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 26, 2023
Switch to tech

Learn any data course be it data engineering or data analysis

Learn Python and R.
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by lavylilly: 1:15pm On May 26, 2023
Hello!
There are so many accountants and the jobs are few out there...
Have one on one discussion with your employer, don't remind him the amount of money you have made for him but rather what you are going to do for him in the future.
if you are in the east Go to Soprom Hotels and Suited Ltd, They need an accountant or call 081 207 96570
Olórun á wà pèlú e o

They are a team of HR professionals providing job vacancies to Nigerians.🤗
The aim of the group is to aid and help you solve your unemployment problems

Hers our group link; https://chat(.)whatsapp.com/GrjTLGu0ia50LW2PYgqKnz
https:///GrjTLGu0ia50LW2PYgqKnz

Job Title: Executive Assistant

Employment Type: Full-time
Working Hours: 7 hours per day

Job Description

We are seeking a highly organized and responsible Executive Assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to provide broad-based administrative support to the CEO and other members of the executive team. As a remote employee, you will need to be able to work independently and use digital tools effectively.
Key Responsibilities

Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with clients and artists.
Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
Assist with the preparation of business documents and presentations.
Maintain an organized filing system of digital and physical documents.
Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Support with the record label's distribution operations and related tasks.
Coordinate with various departments and stakeholders across different companies.
Qualifications

High School Diploma or equivalent; a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is a plus.
Proven experience as an executive assistant or in other secretarial positions.
Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of music industry software is a plus.
Exemplary planning and time management skills.
Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
High-level verbal and written communication skills in English.
Salary
N150,000 - N200,000 monthly.

Application Closing Date
27th May, 2023.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume detailing their relevant work experience and education, to: hr@infohob.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.

Note
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
This position requires internet access, and the ability to work remotely.

https://chat(dot)whatsapp.com/GrjTLGu0ia50LW2PYgqKnz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Thecorporatesho(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2023
VikingKing:
The funny thing is that after all of this, you will still never be able to afford to drive a Maybach or own a house in banana Island.
lol... with this kyne thought.. ritual is not far from you oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by flexyrule(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2023
Oh well
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 26, 2023
Switch to tech

Learn data analysis or data science

Learn Python or R

If you do this a year + , you won't know when you'll be posting on the travel section about your plans to japa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by haybhi1(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:
Pele. I don't know how professionals with solid skills think their breakthrough would come from one wicked Nigerian employer.

Dust your CV.
Update your LinkedIn profile.
Change your display picture to something professional and catchy.
Apply for (remote) jobs.

It wouldn't be easy at first, but with consistency you would definitely get something.

The last time a Nigerian employer contacted me via LinkedIn with their wicked salary and working conditions. My response was less than 10 words.

The only justification to this your suffer is if you have no paper qualification. Then we have to revisit the school na scam topic.

This sounds interesting. Give more insights, please.
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by randymirrors(f): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
Strong portfolio like yours and you're still sounding needy. You don't get offers by being needy o. This country hard. You have to be a fighter.

9 Likes

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by pocohantas(f): 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
randymirrors:
Strong portfolio like yours and you're still sounding needy. You don't get offers by being needy o. This country hard. You have to be a fighter.

As in!! They never cease to amaze me. How do you have this portfolio and sound wasted? 😩😩

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by lavylilly: 1:20pm On May 26, 2023
Do you know if hsi married?
ednut1:
Let me advise you as a chartered accountant
1. You lack confidentiality- why are you posting your company business and numbers online. Any potential employer will be discouraged.
2. Make use of linkedin and other job websites
3. Learn data science and basic tech your skills
4. Write acca or ican if you haven’t
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by nekejinsi(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2023
I think I have idea of what happen in your former work place
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Reelmii: 1:22pm On May 26, 2023
...u will get a better placement just keep ur hope alive
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by skedman(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2023
Your experience in the field of hospitality is usually regarded as a no experience to other sector
However I will advise you not to spend all your year in the hospitality business thinking you have experience
The sector is totally different from others and it is usually hard to cross especially when you start your career as an accountant in the hospitality business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by Redhot0007: 1:27pm On May 26, 2023
You have to apply abroad. If you know auditing well, go for it. Don't fail to come back and thank me.
Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by denzel231: 1:29pm On May 26, 2023
I give una hand for this job. Una dey try . Comot for morning come for night

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of An Accountant by chatinent: 1:40pm On May 26, 2023
Paper qualifications will mostly get you peanuts in Nigeria.

Freelance on what you studied online! The market is big.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Petroleum Engineer? Please Read This. / What Can A Fresh Graduate Do To Earn A Living? / What Job Can One Do With National Diploma (ND) Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.