Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. (23801 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu In Nigeria Police Uniform Before He Left For The UK (Throwback) / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / Emdee Tiamiyu Apologises Over Comment On BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 12:46pm On May 25, 2023
I have read several online comments from Nigerians pouring out blame and insult on EMDEE over his quite "expository and provocating comments which he made about migrating Nigerians in his recent interview with the BBC.

Although I do not completely share same sentiments as many on this issue, I however agree that EMDEE really goofed big time and deserves some attacks he is getting.
However, let's not be carried away by our anger, but let us also endevour to learn a thing or 2 from this particular blunder. So that we will not find ourselves in the kind of mess Tiamiyu is in presently.
For I believe every error in life is a lesson
for the wise.

1.) Be careful with the media. The media has so much power. It can make you or break you. I am sure Tiamiyu must have been very excited at the idea of being invited by the BBC for the interview. Not knowing it will create so much issue for him later on. Yes, it is an admirable and wonderful opportunity to be called to speak by a powerful platform such as the BBC, but you have to understand and weigh the implications. It is not just about you always.

It is not every engagement you must say YES to. It is not every post you must comment on. It is not every topic you must raise online. Or every thing that must be said online. We have to be very careful with the media.

For a fact, many of us have done much worse than Tiamiyu in de-marketing this nation, and in exposing our dirty linen in public, but we feel Tiamiyu has done worse because his was on BBC. Lol.
Each time you go online and post that Nigeria is a slum or a zoo, you fail to realise that others around the world see what you post. They visualize you based on what you call yourselves.
Your words are powerful. Once let out they either Make or break. Be careful.

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 12:48pm On May 25, 2023
Always have it at the back of your mind that you are representing something greater than yourself at all times.

I believe if Tiamiyu had put this at the back of his mind he would have understood that he needed to chose his words more carefully. You are a representative of your family, your religion, your tribe, your country etc at every place or spot you find yourself. What you do or say there must market those entities you are representing in a good light.

That is the mistake we all still make in this country. We paint ourselves dirty in public, showcase our inadequacies online and in our movies, and we expect the outside world to respect us. It is not possible.

No one is saying you should lie. But be diplomatic about the truth. Even UK has got lots of issues. Emigration is a worldwide issue. People are leaving the UK as we speak And heading to a much condusive /better country. Don't go and paint it to others out there that Nigeria is the worst place to be.
Or that everyone is suffering and only looking for a way out.
That would be very wrong.

As a matter of fact everyone moving to the UK are not doing so to avoid hardship or to leave and not return. It would be very presumptuous to say so. That was Tiamiyu's mistake.
He had an opportunity to market the country. He could have emphasised the fact that Nigerians have got so much skill, talents and potentials, and for that reason those willing to emigrate into the UK should be given a much softer landing. And that it would be unfair of the UK government to create separations between families with the new policy they are cooking.
Unfortunately he decided to say the raw "truth" on air. Resulting in all these uproars.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 12:50pm On May 25, 2023
3.) Always consult people above you for their opinion and advice when you are faced with a new challenge or task.
Even the bible said "...in the multitude of counsels there is safety"
Prov 11:14

In a live Facebook interview organized by Daddy freeze, one lady asked Tiamiyu if he asked anyone's advice before granting the BBC interview, and he responded in the negative with so much lengthy words, trying to justify his competence experience and all.
I personally strongly believe if Tiamiyu had sought the advice and opinion of others more knowledgeable , he would have been more prepared for the interview and would have known how to avoid falling into the pitfall that was set for him.
We must learn that we are not all knowing. Seek advice , hear others opinions. Be teachable. Be humble. And you will become a better person.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 12:51pm On May 25, 2023
4. Lastly, this is an advice for all of us out there.
Don't be afraid to stand out and speak up. Don't feel it is better to hide and say nothing instead of talking and messing up. 😁
You will be remembered in life for the actions you take (Whether they turn out positive or negative really doesn't matter)

Yes Tiamiyu made an error. But still he took the challenge. He is much more popular that he was few days ago. And whether you like it or not, he is going places. All these noise will pass. If he doesn't let it wear him down, he will rise up from the ashes and go higher.
Be ready to make mistakes. Mistakes are part of life.
Tiamiyu has made his today, hopefully he will learn from it. Go out and make yours. Stand out. Do something. Change your world.
God bless you.

Feel free to add yours in the comments below.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Wodu89: 12:53pm On May 25, 2023
One of my best perspectives and scriptures in life. You Sabi

Always consult people above you for their opinion and advice when you are faced with a new challenge or task.
Even the bible said "...in the multitude of counsels there is safety"
Prov 11:14

33 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by aylive02(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2023
grin

Wisdom is profitable to the direct. God **nish Tiamiyu and anyone who supports his blunders

5 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Kobicove(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2023
The British government already had the intention of restricting the influx of foreigners into the country via route of dependents.

You people should stop blaming Emdee Tiamyiu, he was not the direct cause of the new policy by the British government!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by MorolayoVictor(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2023
Let this man die in peace.

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by atobs4real(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2023
NOT AN ISSUE FOR ME. MOVE ON
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by publicenemy(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2023
THIS IS WHY NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD, SOUTH AFRICANS HATE NIGERIANS, INDIANS HATE NIGERIANS, INFACT AN INDIAN MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT SAID NIGERIANS ARE LIKE CANCERS, NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD AND I UNDERSTAND.... MOST NIGERIANS DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO BAN NIGERIANS GOING TO THOSE COUNTRIES AS SOON AS THEY LAND IN THOSE COUNTRIES....
THIS BASTARD TIAMIYU EMDEE IS AN ABSOLUTE REPRESENTATION OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN... I LIVE IN NIGERIA AN I HATE NIGERIANS SO MUCH AND IF I LEAVE THIS COUNTRY I WILL AVOID NIGERIANS AT ALL COST... SO I AM NOT SURPRISED.
ALL I AM SAYING IS THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE NIGERIANS BEING KILLED IN OTHER COUNTRIES YOU THINK ABOUT THE RUBBISH THIS FOOL HAS DONE AND IMAGINE THE SAME RUBBISH NIGERIANS ARE DIING IN OTHER PEOPLES COUNTRIES...
THIS SAME WAY IT GOES FOR OTHER NIGERIANS... AS SOON AS NIGERIANS SEE ONE PERSON DOING SOMETHING AND MAKING PROGRESS FROM IT EVERYONE WILL START JUMPING IN UNTILL IT BECOMES TOO SATURATED FOR ANYONE TO MAKE A PROFIT OUT OF IT. I HEAR LONDON IS NOW THE NEW OSHODI, PEOPLE GOING THERE WITH THEIR ENTIRE VILLAGE, SOME ARE EVEN DEMANDING MONEY FROM STRANGERS JUST TO ADD THEM AS THEIR DEPENDANTS...
THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING NIGERIA WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD BECAAUSE THE PROBLEM WITH THE COUNTRY IS NOT JUST THE POLITICIANS THE PROBLEM IS THE MENTALITY OF NIGERIANS. THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SCREAMING FOR A BETTER GORVERNANCE 20 AND 30 YEARS AGO ARE THE PEOPLE IN POWER TODAY AND NIGERIA I STILL IN A MESS AND THE PEOPLE....
SO THIS COUNTRY IS FV[center][/center]CKED TOP TO BOTTOM.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2023
I agree with daddy freeze on this.

What he said is not the issue. It is a fact. But where he said it. It is a no no.

7 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Raskimonojendor: 2:50pm On May 25, 2023
Lesson is not to talk too much. Canada is already noticing an uptick in Nigerians rushing to their country to give birth. They would soon look for another Tiamiyu long after they have made their decision to restrict Nigerians rushing to the country to give birth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by HacheNoire: 2:50pm On May 25, 2023
UK already had the data. Their was nothing he said that was not known to the UK.

The topic graced Nairaland front page when UK first flashed the data and statistics

His mouth just led him astray.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by millionboi2: 2:51pm On May 25, 2023
Bleep them all
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Theta1: 2:52pm On May 25, 2023
He will lick his mess alone. I want to know how the guy migrate to Youkay first.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by thesicilian: 2:53pm On May 25, 2023
Although he isn't to blame for the UK policy as they already made up their minds before even contacting him, they needed a scapegoat and he fell perfectly for it. Maybe if he hadn't fallen into their trap they might not have been bold enough in their ''suspicions'' to actually implement their policies. You may have your stats, but it's never as good as getting actual confirmation from an insider. Because from what I gather the BBC has been trying to entrap other Nigerians in UK for some time now but this is actually the first time they are succeeding.

People who are not smart but think they are that's how they get themselves into trouble.

At first I wondered why he would be so brazen in admitting that to the British authorities, until I got to find out he's an Obidient. Then it all made sense. Those set of people are unhinged, uncouth and used to speaking before they think.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by omoredia: 2:54pm On May 25, 2023
In summary it is not good to be truthful. He said the truth. We can never make real progress as a nation if we hate the people that speak the truth more than the ones that have made japa an option to even consider

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by dfrost: 2:54pm On May 25, 2023
Okay.

Chief Porksupplyib, well done for your article.

One, a man is meant not to talk too much as he did. They are things you don't say outside against your family no matter how bad you feel.

We were all alive when Bubu was de-marketing us, we condemned it, why this?

The young man in question japa-ed via same means, what happened to 'those living in glass houses don't throw stones?'

E no kuku block road for me, because I no send anybody attitude but what of Nigerians who would seek such opportunity in the future?

What he did was bad, really bad. It will affect our image. Every country a Nigerian wants to visit will think otherwise believing all of us are dubious whereas it isn't.

I dislike men that talk too much, honestly. Some things are best left unsaid.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by sotall(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2023
undecided
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Gppgn(f): 2:55pm On May 25, 2023
He's doom
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by BarrElChapo(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2023
Well said
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by LibertyRep: 2:56pm On May 25, 2023
Truly the Tiamiyu guy f**k up big time.

But then is there anything he said that's not already on the internet? Do we really think the Brits aren't aware of this thing already? The decision has been made, just that Tiamiyu was unfortunate to be the fall guy.

Haven't we seen people hawking POF and dependent contract on WhatsApp, Telegram and Twitter?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by omoredia: 2:56pm On May 25, 2023
I totally support Emdee. He said the plain truth and the truth is only offensive to evildoers

5 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Nahunger(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2023
This guy don enter grin

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Dshocker(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2023
Those hoping to japa are threatening his life, and funny enough majority are those that voted APC....

2 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by dfrost: 3:00pm On May 25, 2023
omoredia:
In summary it is not good to be truthful. He said the truth. We can never make real progress as a nation if we hate the people that speak the truth more than the ones that have made japa an option to even consider

That's not being truthful. That's being a talkative. Who made him a spokesman for the oracle? Who exactly?

How can he be speaking for over 200mn individuals? How?

5 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by unclejb2(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2023
Porksupplyib:
I have read several online comments from Nigerians pouring out blame and insult on EMDEE over his quite "expository and provocating comments which he made about migrating Nigerians in his recent interview with the BBC.

Although I do not completely share same sentiments as many on this issue, I however agree that EMDEE really goofed big time and deserves some attacks he is getting.
However, let's not be carried away by our anger, but let us also endevour to learn a thing or 2 from this particular blunder. So that we will not find ourselves in the kind of mess Tiamiyu is in presently.
For I believe every error in life is a lesson
for the wise.

1.) Be careful with the media. The media has so much power. It can make you or break you. I am sure Tiamiyu must have been very excited at the idea of being invited by the BBC for the interview. Not knowing it will create so much issue for him later on. Yes, it is an admirable and wonderful opportunity to be called to speak by a powerful platform such as the BBC, but you have to understand and weigh the implications. It is not just about you always.

It is not every engagement you must say YES to. It is not every post you must comment on. It is not every topic you must raise online. Or every thing that must be said online. We have to be very careful with the media.

For a fact, many of us have done much worse than Tiamiyu in de-marketing this nation, and in exposing our dirty linen in public, but we feel Tiamiyu has done worse because his was on BBC. Lol.
Each time you go online and post that Nigeria is a slum or a zoo, you fail to realise that others around the world see what you post. They visualize you based on what you call yourselves.
Your words are powerful. Once let out they either Make or break. Be careful.
that was why millions of Nigerians came out and voted but the same human and financial predators that are responsible for the situation we have found ourselves rigged and manipulated the outcome and are jeeringly about to swear themselves in without meeting the constitutional requirements to be declared winner of the election.

We will resist them this time around

2 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by omoredia: 3:01pm On May 25, 2023
dfrost:

That's nit being truthful. That's being a talkative. Who made him a spokesman for the oracle? Who exactly?

Who forced u to listen? U are also guilty
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by ambosss(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2023
One thing I know is that one person mistake can affect many others same as when one win gold medal

Don't close the door after you have used it,
Think before you speak - words are like eggs
You will be remembered for
1) the problem you solved or
2) the problem you created.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by dfrost: 3:03pm On May 25, 2023
omoredia:

Who forced u to listen? U are also guilty

Guilty really? Cool. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Crushes Man Dead In Enugu Today(Graphic Photos) / Obiano Commissions 5.7KM Anambra Airport Road(photos) / ABSU Graduate Crushed To Death After Falling Off From A Bike. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.