Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. (23806 Views)

Emdee Tiamiyu In Nigeria Police Uniform Before He Left For The UK (Throwback) / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / Emdee Tiamiyu Apologises Over Comment On BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by DonBenny77(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2023
All I know is he stated facts. Nigerians hate truth when it doesn't favour them.
Truth must be told......
If you don't like it go to court.
Even those that voted and supported ancestral chucky are complaining. Enjoy your Nigeria
grin

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by lomprico(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2023
Porksupplyib:
4. Lastly, this is an advice for all of us out there.
Don't be afraid to stand out and speak up. Don't feel it is better to hide and say nothing instead of talking and messing up. 😁
You will be remembered in life for the actions you take (Whether they turn out positive or negative really doesn't matter)

Yes Tiamiyu made an error. But still he took the challenge. He is much more popular that he was few days ago. And whether you like it or not, he is going places. All these noise will pass. If he doesn't let it wear him down, he will rise up from the ashes and go higher.
Be ready to make mistakes. Mistakes are part of life.
Tiamiyu has made his today, hopefully he will learn from it. Go out and make yours. Stand out. Do something. Change your world.
God bless you.

All these your advice no follow, it should be directed to the mofo emdee instead. Not those blasting him
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Jefferyhi86(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2023
Some Yorubas are good at goofing big time, a yoruba man in the UK was complaining how things are not going well for him there and the oyibo lecturer ask em wat up with ur proof of funds u decleared at the embassy wen coming, he said that's just for formalities that it's being worked over here in Nigeria before coming. You can imagine that and how such kind of things can cast for those who intend to come to the UK
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Greenfaces: 3:26pm On May 25, 2023
publicenemy:
THIS IS WHY NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD, SOUTH AFRICANS HATE NIGERIANS, INDIANS HATE NIGERIANS, INFACT AN INDIAN MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT SAID NIGERIANS ARE LIKE CANCERS, NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD AND I UNDERSTAND.... MOST NIGERIANS DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO BAN NIGERIANS GOING TO THOSE COUNTRIES AS SOON AS THEY LAND IN THOSE COUNTRIES....
THIS BASTARD TIAMIYU EMDEE IS AN ABSOLUTE REPRESENTATION OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN... I LIVE IN NIGERIA AN I HATE NIGERIANS SO MUCH AND IF I LEAVE THIS COUNTRY I WILL AVOID NIGERIANS AT ALL COST... SO I AM NOT SURPRISED.
ALL I AM SAYING IS THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE NIGERIANS BEING KILLED IN OTHER COUNTRIES YOU THINK ABOUT THE RUBBISH THIS FOOL HAS DONE AND IMAGINE THE SAME RUBBISH NIGERIANS ARE DIING IN OTHER PEOPLES COUNTRIES...
THIS SAME WAY IT GOES FOR OTHER NIGERIANS... AS SOON AS NIGERIANS SEE ONE PERSON DOING SOMETHING AND MAKING PROGRESS FROM IT EVERYONE WILL START JUMPING IN UNTILL IT BECOMES TOO SATURATED FOR ANYONE TO MAKE A PROFIT OUT OF IT. I HEAR LONDON IS NOW THE NEW OSHODI, PEOPLE GOING THERE WITH THEIR ENTIRE VILLAGE, SOME ARE EVEN DEMANDING MONEY FROM STRANGERS JUST TO ADD THEM AS THEIR DEPENDANTS...
THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING NIGERIA WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD BECAAUSE THE PROBLEM WITH THE COUNTRY IS NOT JUST THE POLITICIANS THE PROBLEM IS THE MENTALITY OF NIGERIANS. THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SCREAMING FOR A BETTER GORVERNANCE 20 AND 30 YEARS AGO ARE THE PEOPLE IN POWER TODAY AND NIGERIA I STILL IN A MESS AND THE PEOPLE....
SO THIS COUNTRY IS FV[center][/center]CKED TOP TO BOTTOM.
No one cares about you

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by publicenemy(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2023
Greenfaces:

No one cares about you
YOU THINK I GIVE A FCK?

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by gbishman: 3:34pm On May 25, 2023
This goes to show how unpatriotic some Nigerians can be. U'll never find an Indian or Chinese smearing the image of their country. I wish the bastard well
I continue to say the U.K is not the best of places to study and settle down anymore.
Nigerians should take their hard earned wealth and go to other countries like Canada, Australia, Sweden there you will find peace of mind and respect.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by absoluteSuccess: 3:47pm On May 25, 2023
publicenemy:
THIS IS WHY NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD, SOUTH AFRICANS HATE NIGERIANS, INDIANS HATE NIGERIANS, INFACT AN INDIAN MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT SAID NIGERIANS ARE LIKE CANCERS, NIGERIANS ARE HATED AROUND THE WORLD AND I UNDERSTAND.... MOST NIGERIANS DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO BAN NIGERIANS GOING TO THOSE COUNTRIES AS SOON AS THEY LAND IN THOSE COUNTRIES....
THIS BASTARD TIAMIYU EMDEE IS AN ABSOLUTE REPRESENTATION OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN... I LIVE IN NIGERIA AN I HATE NIGERIANS SO MUCH AND IF I LEAVE THIS COUNTRY I WILL AVOID NIGERIANS AT ALL COST... SO I AM NOT SURPRISED.
ALL I AM SAYING IS THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE NIGERIANS BEING KILLED IN OTHER COUNTRIES YOU THINK ABOUT THE RUBBISH THIS FOOL HAS DONE AND IMAGINE THE SAME RUBBISH NIGERIANS ARE DIING IN OTHER PEOPLES COUNTRIES...
THIS SAME WAY IT GOES FOR OTHER NIGERIANS... AS SOON AS NIGERIANS SEE ONE PERSON DOING SOMETHING AND MAKING PROGRESS FROM IT EVERYONE WILL START JUMPING IN UNTILL IT BECOMES TOO SATURATED FOR ANYONE TO MAKE A PROFIT OUT OF IT. I HEAR LONDON IS NOW THE NEW OSHODI, PEOPLE GOING THERE WITH THEIR ENTIRE VILLAGE, SOME ARE EVEN DEMANDING MONEY FROM STRANGERS JUST TO ADD THEM AS THEIR DEPENDANTS...
THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING NIGERIA WILL NEVER MOVE FORWARD BECAAUSE THE PROBLEM WITH THE COUNTRY IS NOT JUST THE POLITICIANS THE PROBLEM IS THE MENTALITY OF NIGERIANS. THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SCREAMING FOR A BETTER GORVERNANCE 20 AND 30 YEARS AGO ARE THE PEOPLE IN POWER TODAY AND NIGERIA I STILL IN A MESS AND THE PEOPLE....

You know everything that's wrong with the country, I think you know enough.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Salemacad: 4:03pm On May 25, 2023
Inspired by your forth point thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Slizzords: 4:04pm On May 25, 2023
Kobicove:
The British government already had the intention of restricting the influx of foreigners into the country via route of dependents.

You people should stop blaming Emdee Tiamyiu, he was not the direct cause of the new policy by the British government!
Blame or no blame use your coconut head to think for once ., must it come out from his mouth that we are using study route to japa , ode

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2023
publicenemy:

If you hate this country one third as I do, you won't say anything. If I am not a Nigerian I'd ki..ll any Nigerian on site
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Popeonah(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2023
Omo this your lesson too long. Omo
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by 007Marvel(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2023
publicenemy:

Me I'm planing on buying Botswana citizenship and denounce Nigeria, I left Atlanta for Louisiana because of my fellow Nigerians! Man their bad belly and only me go chop too much. Leading to hate from others. You see Nigerians anywhere else outside Nigeria you see them, run as far away from them..

When I left Nigeria I called my Aunt to tell her son to go take the furnitures I left, and her reply few hours later was "Because you don dey see money you come dey look down of my family" and his son is barely even 20..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Kobicove(m): 4:18pm On May 25, 2023
Slizzords:
Blame or no blame use your coconut head to think for once ., must it come out from his mouth that we are using study route to japa , ode

You are the one who is an ode, you stupid fo0l!

Something that is an open secret.

Even a secondary school student in UK knows that Nigerians use the study route to bring members of their family to the UK

2 Likes

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by 1Sharon(f): 4:28pm On May 25, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Each time you go online and post that Nigeria is a slum or a zoo, you fail to realise that others around the world see what you post. They visualize you based on what you call yourselves.
Your words are powerful. Once let out they either Make or break. Be careful.

Lol. People are not oblivious and stupid. They can go to Nigeria, interact with Nigerians and form their own opinions.

Nigerians don't need to make comments or statements de-marketing the country. Nigerians do a good job of de-marketing Nigeria by the way they present themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 4:28pm On May 25, 2023
Kobicove:
The British government already had the intention of restricting the influx of foreigners into the country via route of dependents.

You people should stop blaming Emdee Tiamyiu, he was not the direct cause of the new policy by the British government!

Yes you are correct. It is not his fault that they are restricting inflow of foreigners, however it is his fault that he made such a statement on an international media.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Porksupplyib: 4:30pm On May 25, 2023
dfrost:
Okay.

Chief Porksupplyib, well done for your article.

One, a man is meant not to talk too much as he did. They are things you don't say outside against your family no matter how bad you feel.

We were all alive when Bubu was de-marketing us, we condemned it, why this?

The young man in question japa-ed via same means, what happened to 'those living in glass houses don't throw stones?'

E no kuku block road for me, because I no send anybody attitude but what of Nigerians who would seek such opportunity in the future?

What he did was bad, really bad. It will affect our image. Every country a Nigerian wants to visit will think otherwise believing all of us are dubious whereas it isn't.

I dislike men that talk too much, honestly. Some things are best left unsaid.

I agree with you absolutely. Some things are best left unsaid.

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Eunoiaa(f): 4:33pm On May 25, 2023
thesicilian:
At first I wondered why he would be so brazen in admitting that to the British authorities, until I got to find out he's an Obidient. Then it all made sense. Those set of people are unhinged, uncouth and used to speaking before they think.

You were making sense until this part, and you just go to prove the OP's point of using social media judiciously.

You picked this up from somewhere and you're running along with it, too. Infact, you're making the same generalization the dude was guilty of making about other Nigerians. And other people will also read your post and run along with it. Baselessly.

I am sure you CANNOT give me a proof of this your claim now. You cannot show me where he ever supported Peter Obi, but dunking on Obidients was too much of a flex for you to pass up abi?

And by you calling him an Obidient, you've somehow contradicted the claim of other anti-Obidients who are always labeling us "IPOB" and whatnot.

If you believe he's an Obidient, is that not a proof then that Obi has Yoruba supporters? And that they are not "omo ales"?

What if I now linked his "tap mouth" to the Yoruba ethnicity? Have you considered that angle? Some are even saying that is how Yorubas behave. They climb a ladder and push it away, never wanting other to be like them. And trust me, there is so much more legitimacy (arguably) for his behaviour being culturally-inclined and not politically-inclined, because we can clearly see he's a Yoruba man. But we cannot ascertain that he's an Obidient.

I can make a case based on his ethnicity more than I can make of his political leanings.

Make of that what you will.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Eunoiaa(f): 4:39pm On May 25, 2023
thesicilian:
At first I wondered why he would be so brazen in admitting that to the British authorities, until I got to find out he's an Obidient. Then it all made sense. Those set of people are unhinged, uncouth and used to speaking before they think.

Or let's settle on a compromised description for him: he's an Obidient YORUBA (Muslim) man. grin grin

If you want to drag Obi(dients)* into it, I will drag his ethnicity into it as well.

Or we can just see it as a case of a ******* individual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2023
Kobicove:

...the usual stupid line of argument
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Slizzords: 4:45pm On May 25, 2023
Kobicove:

You are the one who is an ode, you stupid fo0l!

Something that is an open secret.

Even a secondary school student in UK knows that Nigerians use the study route to bring members of their family to the UK
You still haven't answered the question arindin. Must it come out from his mouth? Didinrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Quebec91(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2023
cheesy
Theta1:
He will lick his mess alone. I want to know how the guy migrate to Youkay first.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Kobicove(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2023
Slizzords:
You still haven't answered the question arindin. Must it come out from his mouth? Didinrin

Nkitá àlá!

Japa plan in the mud grin
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by staga: 4:50pm On May 25, 2023
Community of Nigerians living in the UK have waded into the issue. That fellow will be lucky if he does not get slammed with a lawsuit.
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by DrDunamis(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2023
Porksupplyib:
I have read several online comments from Nigerians pouring out blame and insult on EMDEE over his quite "expository and provocating comments which he made about migrating Nigerians in his recent interview with the BBC.

Although I do not completely share same sentiments as many on this issue, I however agree that EMDEE really goofed big time and deserves some attacks he is getting.
However, let's not be carried away by our anger, but let us also endevour to learn a thing or 2 from this particular blunder. So that we will not find ourselves in the kind of mess Tiamiyu is in presently.
For I believe every error in life is a lesson
for the wise.

1.) Be careful with the media. The media has so much power. It can make you or break you. I am sure Tiamiyu must have been very excited at the idea of being invited by the BBC for the interview. Not knowing it will create so much issue for him later on. Yes, it is an admirable and wonderful opportunity to be called to speak by a powerful platform such as the BBC, but you have to understand and weigh the implications. It is not just about you always.

It is not every engagement you must say YES to. It is not every post you must comment on. It is not every topic you must raise online. Or every thing that must be said online. We have to be very careful with the media.

For a fact, many of us have done much worse than Tiamiyu in de-marketing this nation, and in exposing our dirty linen in public, but we feel Tiamiyu has done worse because his was on BBC. Lol.
Each time you go online and post that Nigeria is a slum or a zoo, you fail to realise that others around the world see what you post. They visualize you based on what you call yourselves.
Your words are powerful. Once let out they either Make or break. Be careful.

Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by Domi100: 5:08pm On May 25, 2023
smiley

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by GiZcorp: 5:19pm On May 25, 2023
Wait fess, this thing too long, abeg wetin him talk sef?
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by loliapoopy2013(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2023
He said the bitter truth though. But I have stopped watching these YouTubers. Dem dey talk watin no good

1 Like

Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by MT: 5:49pm On May 25, 2023
When you are diplomatic with the truth as you advised , what does that mean? To lie? To rearrange the truth in a subtle way?

Please put me in the know. Thanks
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by thesicilian: 6:29pm On May 25, 2023
Eunoiaa:

Or let's settle on a compromised description for him: he's an Obidient YORUBA (Muslim) man. grin grin

If you want to drag Obi(dients)* into it, I will drag his ethnicity into it as well.

Or we can just see it as a case of a ******* individual.
No, you were right the first time, he's an Obidient Yoruba Muslim man.
He may not really be an a**le as a person, but his brazen unapologetic ignorance is a trademark of "obidience."
Re: Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. by thesicilian: 6:32pm On May 25, 2023
Eunoiaa:

You were making sense until this part, and you just go to prove the OP's point of using social media judiciously.

You picked this up from somewhere and you're running along with it, too. Infact, you're making the same generalization the dude was guilty of making about other Nigerians. And other people will also read your post and run along with it. Baselessly.

I am sure you CANNOT give me a proof of this your claim now. You cannot show me where he ever supported Peter Obi, but dunking on Obidients was too much of a flex for you to pass up abi?

And by you calling him an Obidient, you've somehow contradicted the claim of other anti-Obidients who are always labeling us "IPOB" and whatnot.

If you believe he's an Obidient, is that not a proof then that Obi has Yoruba supporters? And that they are not "omo ales"?

What if I now linked his "tap mouth" to the Yoruba ethnicity? Have you considered that angle? Some are even saying that is how Yorubas behave. They climb a ladder and push it away, never wanting other to be like them. And trust me, there is so much more legitimacy (arguably) for his behaviour being culturally-inclined and not politically-inclined, because we can clearly see he's a Yoruba man. But we cannot ascertain that he's an Obidient.

I can make a case based on his ethnicity more than I can make of his political leanings.

Make of that what you will.
Yeah, I knew his colleagues would take issues with that part. Nothing new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABSU Graduate Crushed To Death After Falling Off From A Bike. Graphic Photos / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers / Ibom Air Set To Commence International Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.