Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) (78127 Views)

Pete Edochie And Wife Relax With Yul Edochie As He Visits Them (Photo) / Nina, Osita Iheme And Kanayo O Kanayo On Set Of A New Movie / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Kanayo O Kanayo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by popp(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2023
He is Ooni of Ife or Ooni of Yoruba People and not Ooni of Nigeria.

"Igbo enwe Eze" know this and know peace.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by iHateFraudsters: 7:24pm On May 25, 2023
IamdbuII:
Dbull on this one!

As a public figure make I keep quiet on this matter

Wow.

And you didn't find a way to link this post to your Maldives island collection?

Nice one.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by SonofGod231: 7:24pm On May 25, 2023
I don't see anything wrong here....Men being men... Handshake is also a form of greeting else where...Ooni na for your palace ohh.

8 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Jefferic(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2023
okay
Olaikoko:
Omooo
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by bitbillionaire: 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
Shmm! Jobless people everywhere. Is Ooni not a human being? I like the Ooni's humility and the fact that he doesn't let the throne get into his head.

11 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Mayeldah(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
People wey shake hand dey house dey relax, una carry matter for head like Gala

Ooni na guy man, who prostration epp?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by wahahlawahala: 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him
why u carry am fr head
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Mordecai(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
Only a titled man will do those handshakes. The actors will greet their own traditional ruler the same way. They mean no disrespect.

Infact, their gestures after the handshakes tell a lot about their high regard for the Ooni.

From here too, we're saluting him.

Kabiyesi!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Jaykay33(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?
As you be king for your land na so another person be king for him land
Even me wey no be anybody I no fit bow my head for Ooni
Ooni sef wey dey marry different women per week dey find respect
Rubbish
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Moh247: 7:27pm On May 25, 2023
Some leadership position require age and maturity

6 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Zico5(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

Rubbish
Everyone knows u guys dont have regards for anyone. Even your parents mean nothing to u but at least respect others who really value their traditions and culture. Ooni is the father of all kings in yoruba land and as such is regarded and held at high esteem. Pls dont put curse upon urself and ur family. Kindly keep quiet if u dont know what to say

4 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by NSK4U(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2023
Like seriously I don't understand the noise about the handshake. Was anyone expecting the two chiefs from Igboland to prostrate for the Ooni as the Yorubas do or what? I don't think either chief Edochie or Kanayo did anything wrong. In fact, it would have amounted to anti-Igbo culture and taboo for these eminent chiefs to prostrate for the Ooni, with due respect to him.

Anyone that wants to argue this should search for the picture of the late queen Elizabeth when she visited Nigeria and while all the other cultures allowed their chiefs to bow to the queen, that of Igbo's couldn't afford to do that knowingly the consequences. It's about culture and nothing more.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Mbsuxces: 7:28pm On May 25, 2023
Kids everywhere on nairaland..
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Barims(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2023
This is insolent 😕 those two ought to prostrate before the ooni; he possesd the highest title in Yoruba land they suppose to show a little prestige, maybe a slight bow as a sign of respect to the king. sad angry angry
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Brimstone77: 7:29pm On May 25, 2023

The throne of the olu of Ife starts and end in Yoruba land you don't expect a title holding Igbo man like mr edoche to lie flat just to greet a Yoruba leader because he want to please some Yoruba children on social media..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Judolisco(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2023
Edochie Don dey old oh... Omo

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by emanobis(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2023
Sometimes I don't rlly understand most of us Nigerians.
Are some elements alwys desperate to give every little thing tribal definition.
Are we not the Crusaders of Unity in Diversity?
Ooni is only trying to identify with Edochie as a Respected Titled Igbo man
Were we expecting Edochie to genuflect for Ooni or should Ooni stand up for Obi...the answer to all these questions is No.
That's the only respectful way both respected men can identify with each other.
Poor reasoning is a disease, Rich mind will always see positivity

9 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Sunshine34(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2023
The Ooni disrespected himself. Anyways, he's trying to stay humble

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Airlord2030: 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
Pete edochie don't have respect ..

Typical of his animalistic tribe

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Brimstone77: 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
Barims:
This is insolent 😕 those two ought to prostrate before the ooni;[b] he possesd the highest title in Yoruba land [/b]they suppose to show a little prestige as a sign of respect not even a slight bow sad angry angry

His title or throne starts and ends in Yoruba land less you have forgotten,Pete edoche is an Igbo title holder and he won't prostrate to anyone..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by 07kjb: 7:33pm On May 25, 2023
ultimateprof:
"Okwu oto ekene Eze" is not a guy name. There is nothing on earth that can make any man that has such title to bow down to any king.

Fact that's a dangerous title

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by TsbAfrica: 7:34pm On May 25, 2023
Only kids have anything to say one way or the other ... Hateful and bigoted kids
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by maestroferddi: 7:34pm On May 25, 2023
annyplenty:
Ooni needs to learn how to command respect from Oba of Benin
The Ooni needs to learn nada....

The Ooni is a modern traditional monarch who combines his role as a prime custodian of culture and that of a statesman...

He doesn't need to archaic and anachronistic to earn respect...

The traditional institution is undergoing reforms all over the world...

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by HacheNoire: 7:34pm On May 25, 2023
Glock22:
Lol

Clash of traditions!

The yorubas expect Pete to bow as per Yoruba tradition.

Igbos do not bow to anyone as per igbo tradition.

So no one should expect the other to conform with their own tradition, especially as this is not the Ooni’s palace.

Lies!

Igbos bow to Nnamadi Kanu. I have picture evidence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by ochiosa(m): 7:35pm On May 25, 2023
Why is the king attending children party sef. If heem Neva ready to be king he for just dey enjoy heem life jejely.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Nicenixon: 7:36pm On May 25, 2023
Ooni was the one disrespected himself. The man himself has violated a lot of traditions surround the ancestral stool occupied by him all in the name of claiming modern monarchy. When it comes to preservation of customs and traditions, you have to give it to Benin.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Damick1: 7:37pm On May 25, 2023
This oni does not even know the office he’s holding. He’ll just be attending every event invited or not invited. A whole number one in yorubaland.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by EngrMcDon(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by damosky12(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

Rubbish

No be Ooni wan use two hands shake white man so?

E don reach Pete una penis stand

If Ooni waka anyhow for night sef guys wey he collevt their babes go knack am 2 by 2

Just for nairaland likes
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Blaze14k: 7:39pm On May 25, 2023
Pandev:
You don't shake a king

We criticize every little thing in this country yet we are not ready for a positive change. Argument like this is what tear us apart

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tacha Confirms Relationship With Kelechi Iheanacho / Small Doctor Celebrates His Son’s Birthday In This Adorable Photo / Chidinma Okeke Speaks: 'Beauty Pageant Organizers Insisted I Do The Sex Video'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.