Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) (78133 Views)

Pete Edochie And Wife Relax With Yul Edochie As He Visits Them (Photo) / Nina, Osita Iheme And Kanayo O Kanayo On Set Of A New Movie / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Kanayo O Kanayo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by imbless: 7:52pm On May 25, 2023
I don't know why some Yoruba people think that other people's culture and traditions is subordinate to Yoruba own, Igbo man only bows to his chi!!
This is a clash of culture, besides is Pete edochie and una Oni mate?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Pandev(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2023
Blaze14k:

We criticize every little thing in this country yet we are not ready for a positive change. Argument like this is what tear us apart
ok
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by DaTruths: 7:53pm On May 25, 2023
;
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him

Pete even try sef to give him three hands shake of a titled man

If na me I go claw am Vikings handshake
grin grin grin
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by patrickcollins: 7:54pm On May 25, 2023
Pandev:
You don't shake a king
Because King no be human

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Pandev(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2023
okoroemeka:
in igboland the three backhand shake is for chiefs and titled men,they have the right to shake the Yoruba king they are titled men
ok
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by goodnessme1(f): 7:55pm On May 25, 2023
Airlord2030:
Pete edochie don't have respect ..

Typical of Yoruba animalistic tribe
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by crackhouse(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2023
Some people sef. Drinking panadol for another man's headache.... as a matter of fact the other ooni of ife is 6ft below and has been eaten by ants and nobody really give a flying mess about him. That's to tell u that the world is really nothing.. and people are here talking about bowing down to greet ooni of ife that will die and rotten someday... nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Pandev(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2023
patrickcollins:
Because King no be human
Yes, e be alien 👽
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 7:57pm On May 25, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You must be uncouth and uncultured for this your nonsense thought!
So Kenayo and Peter Edochie na Oni's mate,abi? That is what Obi wanted to import to Lagos through the governor candidate of LP and you think Lagosians will take this!
Anyway,I don't blame you,na Oni,who is so generous to welcome you with free hand,if it has been Alafin of Oyo( Iku Baba yeye),you can't even strength out that your hand while standing, it's disrespectful!
Shame on you!

My brother, the Onirisa caused all this and allow those uncouth humans do this. Must he attend all Birthday Parties? He could have sent a Rep with his Staff. Imagine the Oni sitting at a Party with his Crown on? Almost a sacrilege to me!

Can you picture or imagine Ooni Aderemi Adesoji or Ooni Okunade Sijuade attending Owambes and people extending their hands for a shake? Or the Sultan of Sokoto?

The Ooni should limit all these outings of his seriously. That Office/Stool demands respect. Let the Ooni respect it too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Krak(m): 7:57pm On May 25, 2023
abdulskulboy:
Pete and Kenayo has officially initiated Oni grin
Have
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by thatigboman: 7:57pm On May 25, 2023
What exactly is the controversy pls?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by FuckTheMod: 7:58pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

As you be king for your land na so another person be king for him land

Even me wey no be anybody I no fit bow my head for Ooni

Ooni sef wey dey marry different women per week dey find respect

Rubbish

No be Ooni wan use two hands shake white man so?

E don reach Pete una penis stand

If Ooni waka anyhow for night sef guys wey he collect their babes go knack am 2 by 2

Ooni should be thankful say Kanayo no use am complete June sacrifice
What else can we expect from people that use slaps and kicks to wake their parents from sleep?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by azimibraun: 7:59pm On May 25, 2023
Oni of ife is a fan... Period. He was excited to see them both. Mutual respect.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by FuckTheMod: 8:00pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Which of your lineage is even close to be ooni's servant?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by greggng: 8:00pm On May 25, 2023
There is nothing to worry about this greeting thing . Only Kings and great men are greeted in that manner in igbo land . It shows they respect him so much . One good thing about the current oni of ife is that he is well respected more than others cos of the way he accepts and tolerate everyone irrespective of your ethnicity ...he is detribalised human being . Watch all his public comment ...he is about unity. He understand that only great men and king are greeted n that fashion in igbo land. All those making noise over this matter should understand that ndigbo love this oni cos of his anticidence ...that is what matters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by casualobserver: 8:00pm On May 25, 2023
this Ooni get as e be from day 1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Goddyrichie(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

u na badh guy lol 😂
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by goodnessme1(f): 8:02pm On May 25, 2023
HacheNoire:

Lies!

Igbos bow to Nnamadi Kanu. I have picture evidence
But we won't bow to None sen!!se Yoruba king.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Geminiivory: 8:03pm On May 25, 2023
OgaSeun:
Hence, curse is any Yoruba Man who prostrate to greet an Igbo king.

😆 who send you? So you think the igbos care? infact it's even so wrong to prostrate before any man be it a king in igbo land..

Any reasonable igbo man ll stop you thats if he doesnt get angry if you try prostrating to greet him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by thatigboman: 8:04pm On May 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

I think you should say... A King doesn't accept handshakes!

They never compelled him to shake hands... He could have politely declined!

Better yet, the elderly actors could or should have been given the proper orientation prior to entering the palace...!

So, the blame, if you feel there is any, should go to the Monarch and his attendants.
not Palace o. A birthday party

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Geminiivory: 8:04pm On May 25, 2023
OgaSeun:

😆 who send you? So you think the igbos care? infact it's even so wrong to prostrate before any man be it a king in igbo land..

Any reasonable igbo man ll stop you thats if he doesnt get angry if you try prostrating to greet him. knkw this and ve peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by maxzzo1(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2023
These are Legends never mind u will not understand
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by goodnessme1(f): 8:05pm On May 25, 2023
EngrMcDon:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Make I join you laugh those children filled hate grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yoruba culture is only for Yoruba people

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2023
People no get work I swear
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by sonssyo: 8:08pm On May 25, 2023
He even tried to give him three backside, what do they expect from Pete

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 8:09pm On May 25, 2023
thatigboman:
not Palace o. A birthday party

You can even imagine...!

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Zico5(m): 8:09pm On May 25, 2023
goodnessme1:
Shut up.

Your ooni is just Yoruba king,here he's a commoner like everyone.

You people get respect for your parents but na the same mouth you use greet them you will still use rain insults on them.
That u are even a female shows the kind of upbringing u have. If a female can be rude and uncultured like this we know what will surely end u. No wonder majority of u are child abusers. You maltreat a house help as if they are not human beings like u. I have said it, dont put curse upon urself for what u dont know anything about

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by thatigboman: 8:10pm On May 25, 2023
OgaSeun:
we don't bow to our kings, so that's no problem.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Coly2012(m): 8:13pm On May 25, 2023
People just want to kill themselves for nothing, the way this men greeted themselves showes there have been greeting like that as friends or close Aquitaines, what is the public noise about, after all the ooni was an ordinary man before he became a king.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Geminiivory: 8:14pm On May 25, 2023
Zico5:

Everyone knows u guys dont have regards for anyone. Even your parents mean nothing to u but at least respect others who really value their traditions and culture. Ooni is the father of all kings in yoruba land and as such is regarded and held at high esteem. Pls dont put curse upon urself and ur family. Kindly keep quiet if u dont know what to say

igbos do not prostrate before any man even their king.. That's our culture

8 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by endy69: 8:14pm On May 25, 2023
Make una rest na. Cultures dey different and when two cultures meet, anyone can come first. Titled men don't bow to fellow titled men. This kingship is not known to the igbo culture, we only recognise title holders who then earn their titles through righteous living. Even Obi of Onitsha was not there before, it was the white people that brought issue of kingship to igbo land and mumu governors creating autonomous communities. I am not criticising those that have Kings neither am I applauding them, it is just noteworthy for us all to understand our differences only then can we make progress. What you see as disrespect might not truly be so,it is just difference in culture

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Small Doctor Celebrates His Son’s Birthday In This Adorable Photo / Chidinma Okeke Speaks: 'Beauty Pageant Organizers Insisted I Do The Sex Video' / Simi Almost Denied Entry Into Passport Office For ‘Indecent Dressing’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.