Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) (78130 Views)

Pete Edochie And Wife Relax With Yul Edochie As He Visits Them (Photo) / Nina, Osita Iheme And Kanayo O Kanayo On Set Of A New Movie / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Kanayo O Kanayo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:27pm On May 25, 2023
flokii:
We'll excuse them because they are not of Yoruba roots.. You don't shake hands with the Ooni for whatsoever reason, it's sacrilege and one can be beheaded for that.
Why not go ahead and initiate the beheading process. For this country, people go go school finish, yet, come dey reason like wetin I no know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by jessylaurel(f): 9:28pm On May 25, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0cHn2jXGc

Source- https://punchng.com/ooni-pete-edochie-handshake-stirs-controversy-on-social-media/

Pete Edochie is also a chieftancy title holder and also a chief to say so all these afongas just shut up abeg. We know your haterd for the igbos is compared to none. Mtchewwww
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Abagworo(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2023
Culture is not binding to a stranger .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by jessylaurel(f): 9:29pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

As you be king for your land na so another person be king for him land

Even me wey no be anybody I no fit bow my head for Ooni

Ooni wey dey marry different women per week dey find respect

Rubbish

No be Ooni wan use two hands shake white man so?

E don reach Pete una penis stand

If Ooni waka anyhow for night sef guys wey he collect their babes go knack am 2 by 2

Ooni should be thankful say Kanayo no use am complete June sacrifice

Thank you o. Ooni is in his house not bothered but there are here ranting.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Barims(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2023
goodnessme1:
Obasanjo and Ooni are Yorubas that are supposed to respect Yoruba culture.

But an Igbo kid can not bow to your ooni

But atiku has occasionally bowed before the ooni; so what's your point?
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by ayyoshert: 9:32pm On May 25, 2023
Ooni who doesn't give himself any importance, he attends every ceremony, even a naming ceremony or birthday party, he will roll there, what do you expect? Soon people will start to pat his head and shoulder to greet him, he has brought total disrepute and disrespect to the name of the title and throne he sits on. As the symbolic head and leader of the Yorubas, he has not carried himself with reverence and royalty.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by kkonyeji(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2023
Pchikaodili:
The Oni of Ife is disrespectful,...how can he sat down to shake Pete? He suppose stand to greet Pete Edochie...
Not only that, the three handshake is not for everyone, its only meant for titled chiefs in Igbo land...I blame Pete for that...just one is enough for oni.

I agree with you intoto
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
You're just making up these statements. It had nothing to do with Trump being President.

I watched their meeting on BBC when trump visited. The live reporter explicitly clarified that Trump would not do the bow because he was not British. You don't impose Traditions on foreigners anyhow. Amanpour of CNN was told by the President of Iran to wear a scarf while interviewing him in DC. On American soil FGS! She refused and the interview was cancelled.

Saudi Arabia prevents non-muslims from visiting Mecca and Medina because there's no how a non-muslim will do what is expected in those cities. Forcing a foreigner to obey your tradition will eventually cause conflict. There's respect but it has limits.

I am not making anything up Sir! This is the information Age. Head of State don't bow before the King or Queen of England. Go and verify cheesy

That Reporter must have spoken in ignorance.

As for Saudi Arabia not allowing anyone but Muslims into The CITY OF MECCA AND MEDINA, that was a Divine Command. Non Muslims must not approach. It has been like that for Fourteen Centuries. It is noty about doing anyhow. Once you are not Muslim, you can't enter those TWO CITIES. If you want tyo know why, I can tell you but the restrictions has nothing to do with "anyhowness" behavior as you opined
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Airlord2030: 9:35pm On May 25, 2023
OkoRemi2023:

which league igbo get? you people are not in the third richest in Nigeria

you're only known as the most criminal drug cartel in Nigeria and nothing more, average igbo aren't in any league close to average Yoruba

you're in league yet you're running from your ancestral land to be Hawking for a stressed work Yorubas on their express roads

Pete edochie and your ritualist kanayo won't wash their hands for having the privilege to stand in the presence of number one traditional king in Yoruba land

celebrated iidiot like you
the idiot say na league grin

useless igbos with their prostituting women and drug dealing men they talk about league grin

stupid tribe of criminals

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by yetunsbay(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2023
[/b]What would u have expect fr niggas wey dey use kicks to greet their parents. Those ones get culture at all ![b]
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Emitex4u(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2023
Never in Igboland do we bow down for any body who is ooni that Pete should bow down for he is a king in yoruba land and not nigeria as a whole take note

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by JohnBullMySon: 9:43pm On May 25, 2023
Lukuluku69:

I am not making anything up Sir! This is the information Age. Head of State don't bow before the King or Queen of England. Go and verify cheesy

That Reporter must have spoken in ignorance.

As for Saudi Arabia not allowing anyone but Muslims into The CITY OF MECCA AND MEDINA, that was a Divine Command. Non Muslims must not approach. It has been like that for Fourteen Centuries. It is noty about doing anyhow. Once you are not Muslim, you can't enter those TWO CITIES. If you want tyo know why, I can tell you but the restrictions has nothing to do with "anyhowness" behavior as you opined
A British reporter anchoring a high profile live broadcast of that nature is ignorant?

BTW, forget Trump. This was Billy Graham with the Queen. Was Billy Graham also a head of state?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by FlawlessKarl: 9:48pm On May 25, 2023
OkoRemi2023:

those Obas will buy that your enclave and lion Den you called a region

if I have my way I would just pack all of you inside one lab and start to be doing medical investigation on you peoples draining brain

Bunch of unprecedented nitwits

But an average Igbo man with no name is buying every place In Yoruba land while I haven't seen any Yoruba buying anything in Igbo land. If we are to go on what you've said, I think igbos will finally buy the Yorubas. I am not Igbo though

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by etrange: 9:50pm On May 25, 2023
I am trying to understand the issue. What would have been an ideal greating? I watched the video thinking they gave him a high five only for me to realize it was actually the handshake reserved for titled people. What exactly were people expecting? For them not to shake hands at all? Ooni extended his hand first. Are they saying they're more traditional than Ooni? This same Ooni has been shaking hands with foreigners in a far more casual way than this. Who do we always look for reasons to fight one another? Both men are happy. Why are people focusing so much on miscellaneous things like this? I really don't understand.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by MASTERMIND04(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him

Pete even try sef to give him three hands shake of a titled man

If na me I go claw am Vikings handshake
grin grin grin
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Chasito(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2023
Airlord2030:
Pete edochie don't have respect ..

Typical of his animalistic tribe
stupid boy
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
A British reporter anchoring a high profile live broadcast of that nature is ignorant?

BTW, forget Trump. This was Billy Graham with the Queen. Was Billy Graham also a head of state?

Oga, calm down and read my posts on this! Haha!

I never said The Queen/King don't shake hands! I said they are usually the one that will INITIATE IT. I saw Babangida on Newsline shaking the Queen before so, no need to go on the Internet to bring pictures. He/She do shake but aside Head of States, they Initiate it and not the other way round. The Monarch Protocols ensures that. ..

Reporters/Journalists are people and not Robots, they can err.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Prayfortheworld: 9:52pm On May 25, 2023
pensator:
The Oni of Ife is disrespectful,...how can he sat down to shake Pete? He suppose stand to greet Pete Edochie...
Not only that, the three handshake is not for everyone, its only meant for titled chiefs in Igbo land...I blame Pete for that...just one is enough for oni.
(Quote) (Report) 49 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Prayfortheworld: 7:12pm
Lmao 😂 make them bow for am?
A Titled igbo man bow for oni of Ife? Una no well😂
(Quote) (Report) 68 Likes (Like) 3 Shares (Share)

Reasons your tribe and people can never rule this great country..

Pride and ndigbo are 5/6.
Bomb dy your head
So you expect Pete edochie to lie down for ground greet oni wey dy marry up and down
You no get sense
Akpa amu

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by MrColdsweat: 9:52pm On May 25, 2023
Igbo man bows for nobody. The only thing above igboman is the sun.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Airlord2030: 9:54pm On May 25, 2023
Geminiivory:

abeg go drink otapiapia if you get around you. keep waiting for who ll prostrate before your Oni.. nonsense people
stupid arrogant people

no wonder you fill up jails all over the world..

flattheads.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by goodnessme1(f): 9:54pm On May 25, 2023
Barims:

But atiku has occasionally bowed before the ooni; so what's your point?
And Igbo kid don't believe in bowing to your ooni.

What's una point.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by goodnessme1(f): 9:55pm On May 25, 2023
Airlord2030:
stupid Yoruba people
Okay
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Artzdanielsz(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2023
Una dey here dey Yan okpata, na sycophants or politicians dey over do for favour,those men are neither. It's not Igbos culture to prostrate

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by georgeakins: 9:56pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:
is Pete Oonis mate?

As you be king for your land na so another person be king for him land

Even me wey no be anybody I no fit bow my head for Ooni

Ooni wey dey marry different women per week dey find respect

Rubbish

No be Ooni wan use two hands shake white man so?

E don reach Pete una penis stand

If Ooni waka anyhow for night sef guys wey he collect their babes go knack am 2 by 2

Ooni should be thankful say Kanayo no use am complete June sacrifice

Nothing in Edochie's big head. He is a poor and empty actor
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Airlord2030: 9:58pm On May 25, 2023
goodnessme1:
Okay
if you like edit my comment..

fvcking yamlegg

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Merisbankie(m): 9:58pm On May 25, 2023
001Lagos:

Ooni should be the one bowing for Pete and not the other way round

You are demented how does a titles man refers to a king

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Chasito(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2023
The way some of una dey reason dey surprise me, The ooni was not in his Palace when he met chief Pete and you don't expect chief Pete an elderly titled man like that to bow before your ooni, an Igbo man does not bow for anybody except for his "Chi" (his maker) and since they both met at a random environment, every body is free to exercise his or her culture, even your Ooni knows it. If it were to be in Ooni's Palace it would have been a different case. Because bowing is reserved for God only, or in a case of extreme supremacy.
Make una no dey carry another person matter for head like gala.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by georgeakins: 10:00pm On May 25, 2023
taylor89:

Exactly my brother

Pete is supposed to summersault for Horrny of Ife

After summersaulting Pete will enter kitchen and fry egg for him

Pete even try sef to give him three hands shake of a titled man

If na me I go claw am Vikings handshake

Poor wretched Ibo actors feeling big.

That Edochie's big head is empty.
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by Niwdog(m): 10:00pm On May 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, elaborate on your point sir. Thanks.
what's is there to explain...his reign ends within the domain of yoruba land
Re: Ooni, Pete Edochie And Kanayo Handshake Sparks Controversy Online (Video) by 07kjb: 10:00pm On May 25, 2023
Airlord2030:
the idiot say na league grin

useless igbos with their prostituting women and drug dealing men they talk about league grin

stupid tribe of criminals

Ur father,ooni,alaafin, obas are all fools

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Small Doctor Celebrates His Son’s Birthday In This Adorable Photo / Chidinma Okeke Speaks: 'Beauty Pageant Organizers Insisted I Do The Sex Video' / Simi Almost Denied Entry Into Passport Office For ‘Indecent Dressing’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.