Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets (39446 Views)

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document / Traders Seek ECOWAS Intervention As Ghana Shuts 400 Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by OllyDiamond: 11:59am On May 26, 2023
brain54:

First thing that crossed by mind…

I just didn’t want to counter argue. Because I didn’t have the facts.

But where Ghana one see tomatoes export… when they themselves are struggling with getting enough for local consumption.

Ghana too imports from her neighbors.

Maybe we imported from Cameroon or other sources.

But definitely not Ghana!

IT'S SUCH A PITY HOW MOST NIGERIANS THINK GHANA is ahead of them and lose their self-esteem before Ghanaians unknown to them that Ghana apart from light and security, has nothing I mean nothing to compare to Nigeria.

Leave these uninformed Nigerians to be deceiving themselves that tomatoes are coming from Ghana.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Slurity(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2023
seunayantokun:

Border closure that was selective... It has be total to be effective, not that some will be open in the north while some are shut in the south. Also, medical tourism, education abroad, imported shoes and clothing wares etc must be banned too. So, you don't punish anyone when you sincerely implement a policy in the overall interest of your country.
Stop believing nonsense. no border closure was selective. It is true that some enforcement can be stronger in an area than others due to many reasons, but we must first see the need to produce and use our own things by ourself before we can grow as a Nation.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Babathanks(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2023
seunayantokun:

Border closure that was selective... It has be total to be effective, not that some will be open in the north while some are shut in the south. Also, medical tourism, education abroad, imported shoes and clothing wares etc must be banned too. So, you don't punish anyone when you sincerely implement a policy in the overall interest of your country.
Leave the mumu alone, most of the border in the north are not shut, I live there and I know more. Someone like that may be benefiting from the closure, Nigeria need to open that border, is part of the reason I voted tinubu cos he promise to open it. I hope he fulfil that promise cos you can’t trust a Nigeria politicians

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by gfelo(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2023
this is why border should be open, lets have a United Africa
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by viodemus: 12:11pm On May 26, 2023
Indoor controlled and accelerated farming. Build high in a dedicated engineered building for farming. Lot of hard work but could be very healthy and its produce can be nutrient targeted.

Not good to put trust in people wey dey score 1 or 2 for tests. Many of them still dey use 12th century strategy of farming. Even the south is not doing it better.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ironi: 12:15pm On May 26, 2023
brain54:

First thing that crossed by mind…

I just didn’t want to counter argue. Because I didn’t have the facts.

But where Ghana one see tomatoes export… when they themselves are struggling with getting enough for local consumption.

Ghana too imports from her neighbors.

Maybe we imported from Cameroon or other sources.

But definitely not Ghana!

Oh yes, Ghana produces tomatoes too. Baukina Farso also produces tomatoes and their produce comes to Ghana making the prices of tomatoes even cheaper and traders complain sometimes…there are times of scarcity too.
This is why inter trading is good for Africa and cocooning your market and thinking you can go alone because you are big is total nonsense !

Look at Baukina Faso, it lies closer to the desert than Ghana and the land is not as fertile as Ghana’s and yet their farmers closer to the south produce tomatoes and find markets in Ghana , good for inter trading and economic stability. So let no our stupidity get the better of us and think we are big and don’t need anyon. You will suffer alone .

Now scarcity has hit Nigerian, the focus should be why should there even be occasional shortages and why can’t we sustain good production year round?

Find solutions and stop hating!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Evilspirit666: 12:17pm On May 26, 2023
Audio crashing.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by kokomilala(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2023
The Efficacy Of Market Forces

I hope and will, even against, the most hardened resistance, that most commodity products
, like rice and other consumables would have this knock-on effects.

Profit motive usually drives up prices, but supply glut of any product- which is a natural sequence- counter-balances it.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by aspabay(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2023
001Lagos:
It crashed only on the pages of the Newspaper

But if the report is about an increase, even you that never bought Tomato of N100 will be crying high heavens. Una too like bad news, good news dey vex una too much

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by ofuonyebi: 12:22pm On May 26, 2023
But do we always need to wait for other countries to feed or live better?

cant we flood Nigerian markets and that of Ghana and Cameroon with ALL these types of food items and other local basic needs?

Afterall, we claim to be the giant of Africa....or are we not again?
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ironi: 12:26pm On May 26, 2023
ofuonyebi:

cant we flood Nigerian markets and that of Ghana and Cameroon with ALL these types of food items and other local basic needs?

Yes, talk is cheap !
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by ufotunang: 12:27pm On May 26, 2023
Shame to nigeria... nigeria importing tomatoes
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Angelfrost(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2023
Slurity:
all of you that faulted border closure are not wise. If you understand the implications of border closure on economic, You will praise Buhari for that policy. Borders must be closed if unemployment will disappear.

Has the unemployment disappeared now?!!

Dey play!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Kobicove(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2023
Was it in your dream that the price crashed? undecided
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ever8090: 12:30pm On May 26, 2023
thaoriginator:
right after crashing your miserable households cry
as long as it will crash your household after then for the rest of Nigerians to have a good life, I am ok with that
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Bigchristo: 12:33pm On May 26, 2023
Islie:
The price of tomato has crashed in most Nigerian markets as supplies from Ghana and Cameroun have arrived the county’s markets. Daily Trust findings revealed…

https://dailytrust.com/tomato-price-crashes-as-ghana-cameroon-supplies-hit-nigerian-markets/

I was telling some of them here that whatever can be planted in the North can be planted anywhere, don’t use agricultural produce to stress South south and southeast n west they can as well going into farming and your product becomes less expensive than you would expect if you supply it frequently, I understand there’s herders clash with farmers they should ask govt to stop playing religious politics with brokering peace between them n let it stand

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ironi: 12:38pm On May 26, 2023
OllyDiamond:

IT'S SUCH A PITY HOW MOST NIGERIANS THINK GHANA is ahead of them and lose their self-esteem before Ghanaians unknown to them that Ghana apart from light and security, has nothing I mean nothing to compare to Nigeria.

Leave these uninformed Nigerians to be deceiving themselves that tomatoes are coming from Ghana.

Why, e pain you that Ghana dey supply tomatoes to Nigeria? Hahaha 🤣

Don’t worry it’s called trading. Regardless , you can’t possibly be producing everything you need as a country. No country is an island , that’s not how life works.

You can’t be an island onto yourself and think because you are big, you’ll not need to be interacting with others. Look at the number of Nigerians in Ghana hustling , that’s reality and should teach your little arrogant self something.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by FahBuLous: 12:41pm On May 26, 2023
The crash wer go sweet my belle past na garri own.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Felix6: 12:42pm On May 26, 2023
This crash na for nairaland front page only
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by twilliamx(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2023
Islie:
The price of tomato has crashed in most Nigerian markets as supplies from Ghana and Cameroun have arrived the county’s markets. Daily Trust findings revealed…

https://dailytrust.com/tomato-price-crashes-as-ghana-cameroon-supplies-hit-nigerian-markets/

This news mediums will just sit from afar and be making up stories, you will never see a video of an interview, lazy journalism
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:43pm On May 26, 2023
001Lagos:
This useless country can't deceive your type of person. You sabi them wella 😂
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Dejijossy(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2023
Crash where?
It's not even available here in Kano
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Odebayo4010(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2023
001Lagos:

You're a Reason Man,we should not let News fake us oh
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by chidiokay: 1:13pm On May 26, 2023
G00DHardDick:
Damn!

Tinubu the drug fool said he will continue from where the lifeless man stopped, And Some idiots are hailing him

pre-administration Buhari said so many things that he didnt do

So kneel down and ask God for a GoodSoundBrain so you don't just fall for everything
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by fabolouz1(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2023
This is what open market entails.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Malory: 1:26pm On May 26, 2023
ShaqFu:
how true is this?

I won't get my hopes up until I go to the market. Though I won't be surprise when I see the direct opposite.
Serious.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by thaoriginator: 1:51pm On May 26, 2023
Ever8090:
as long as it will crash your household after then for the rest of Nigerians to have a good life, I am ok with that
grin grin grin

Pains!!!
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by gidjah(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2023
[quote author=OneCandleAway post=123376141]Bad news for the 'We feed the country' group.

Let's even be importing from our neighbourhood countries. Since their govt are more serious about security if farmers. Go to Ghana and hear how they handle fulani.[/quote my dear you spoke well, living up north is partly hell , most especially for the gamers , you can't enter the farms at will once the distance is out of your zone,.Fulani and kidnappers are on hands to attend to tout.This happens in virtually every lart of the north as we speak.peoplw now tend to do home yard farming so as to save themselves of vomiting millions to Fulanis that's if you are not killed particularly if you are from the christian designate. This is what a whole administration got us into within 8years .see, we pay high price toniy what we locally produce here and now,so I am also of the opinion and pray the oga BAT needs this,let our boaders be opened so the price of food crashes then let's see if Nigeria Famers can improve, this dare devils well dealt with and the security in the north well attended to.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ayomivic(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2023
Islie:

Open border .

Where is that crashing. People are dying of hungry things are cost all the money people are making are only using for food.

Open the border please.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by gidjah(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2023
CodeTemplar:
This was why they closed border before unleashing food blockade against the south. To make us look dependent instead of them who are actually parasites.
no mind them ,if you do not live up north you won't even hear about a lot of attrocities going on there.They can cover up evil for themselves.The boaders here are still opened just tip the immigration and custom officials here .the most troubling part here is that na abokis dey here as security while they send abokis to head the western boaders .Buhari really did the south much evil.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by HardBishop: 2:04pm On May 26, 2023
ofuonyebi:

Insecurity, insecurity did you listen to news this morning how bandits killed 20 farmers.
This herdsmen, TINUBU govt need to take harsh measure against them walahi

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Cromagnon: 2:12pm On May 26, 2023
Parachoko:
If not that Buhari closed out boaders in 2019, there's no way foodstuffs would have been this expensive

The Government should let foodstuffs be imported from our West African Neighbors

Nigerian farmers don really cash out on top our head since 2019, they don make enough money to expand and compete with our neighbors.
you no like cash. Why you no enter farm?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead / How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria / Christmas: Crowd At Owerri Mall, Shoprite (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.