Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets (39437 Views)

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document / Traders Seek ECOWAS Intervention As Ghana Shuts 400 Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by HardBishop: 2:12pm On May 26, 2023
Bigchristo:
I was telling some of them here that whatever can be planted in the North can be planted anywhere, don’t use agricultural produce to stress South south and southeast n west they can as well going into farming and your product becomes less expensive than you would expect if you supply it frequently, I understand there’s herders clash with farmers they should ask govt to stop playing religious politics with brokering peace between them n let it stand
The north always brag that they alone feeds the nation. They keep deceiving themselves while bandits are really suffocating their lives there, using their cattles to ravage their farmlands thinking we the SS and SE will be their casualties. Where is their common sense and reasoning?
Their elders and sheikh keep deceiving them left to the right. See where they are now upon the vast lands in Niger and zamfara.
🤣🤣 No na ipob wahala...🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by LeopardX: 2:28pm On May 26, 2023
datola:
I'm not comfortable with importing ordinary tomato from any neighboring countries. We can find solution to the problem locally instead of adding to our already comatose forex problems.

True. But till then, 'ordinary tomato' should continue to be imported.

The Northern dominated government want the south to be dependent on them for food supply, hence agricultural loans and grants are being disproportionately given to farmers in both regions.
However, kidnapping, banditry and terrorism haven't allowed northern farmers have peace of mind when going to the farm.

The only alternative is for the borders to be opened temporarily until the govt find a way to fix its self caused problems.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Parachoko: 3:05pm On May 26, 2023
Cromagnon:
you no like cash. Why you no enter farm?
I do not have an answer to your foolish question
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ferrous(m): 3:26pm On May 26, 2023
Ever8090:
When will a crash start crashing all Nigerian politicians and their supporters to death...
Imagine.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ken4Christ: 3:29pm On May 26, 2023
Shame on Nigeria agricultural sector that we are importing tomatoes when we are supposed to be exporting. It's like rat feeding a supposedly big cat.

Please, open the border and let's import even Garri because we are not ready to fix Nigeria.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by bfemi960(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2023
Ever8090:
When will a crash start crashing all Nigerian politicians and their supporters to death...
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by emmatuegbe(m): 3:58pm On May 26, 2023
That means price per 50kg rice can crash to N20k if the border opens. Nigeria self inflicted inflation
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Senator777: 4:11pm On May 26, 2023
Good.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Senator777: 4:15pm On May 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:
Shame on Nigeria agricultural sector that we are importing tomatoes when we are supposed to be exporting. It's like rat feeding a supposedly big cat.

Please, open the border and let's import even Garri because we are not ready to fix Nigeria.

Are you not in Nigeria.

Farmers have left farm due to insecurity. Are you not aware of the numbers of farmers Fulani herdsmen have wasted in their farms.

Nigerians are not lazy and always ready to work but Buhari government didn't help matter at all
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Bigchristo: 4:55pm On May 26, 2023
HardBishop:

The north always brag that they alone feeds the nation. They keep deceiving themselves while bandits are really suffocating their lives there, using their cattles to ravage their farmlands thinking we the SS and SE will be their casualties. Where is their common sense and reasoning?
Their elders and sheikh keep deceiving them left to the right. See where they are now upon the vast lands in Niger and zamfara.
🤣🤣 No na ipob wahala...🤣🤣
Don’t mind them they think they’re punishing us na dem selves Dem dey do 😂
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by mmsen: 5:35pm On May 26, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
We know inflation and high cost are usually hinged on low supply. Imagine Nigeria having ten of Dangote's refineries, there'll be competition leading to price crash.

Edited.
Or they will collude to keep the price artificially high.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by vengertime: 6:31pm On May 26, 2023
001Lagos:
It crashed only on the pages of the Newspaper

Mad people, please can you help me write up there that Ghana depends on Ivory Coast for tomato and pepper.

How can Ghana supply what they don't have
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Nmezor(f): 6:39pm On May 26, 2023
Really?
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by seunayantokun(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2023
Slurity:
Stop believing nonsense. no border closure was selective. It is true that some enforcement can be stronger in an area than others due to many reasons, but we must first see the need to produce and use our own things by ourself before we can grow as a Nation.
You don't seem to have understood my response to you, or you just decided to reply the way you've been programmed to do. Read it again and juxtapose it with what you just said. Whatever you're benefitting or think to benefit from your position on this unpatriotic act of the Buhari administration is bread of deceit which is always sweet to a perverted mouth but later fills it with gravel.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Princelumide: 8:39pm On May 26, 2023
Tomatoes never crash reach this side ooo grin cheesy
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by chextlife(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2023
Paper figures and far from Reality. Tomatoes still dey rise in price.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Rick9(m): 3:20am On May 27, 2023
Beans, Rice, Garri, Yam, Potatoes, Plantain and Oil prices should crash also. I don't understand why I should be spending so much money buying food.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by barikay: 5:51am On May 27, 2023
G00DHardDick:
Damn!

Tinubu the drug fool said he will continue from where the lifeless man stopped, And Some idiots are hailing him
na waoh na so people dey talk to their president?
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by iSufferFools: 7:50am On May 27, 2023
Malory:
This one is looking for a cheap thing. Send me your aza make I put smile on your wrinkled face.
you should consider sending that money, you don't even have to your wasted mother, atleast we know she won't be fvcking bricklayers and mechanics this night.

You
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Ken4Christ: 10:34am On May 27, 2023
Senator777:

Are you not in Nigeria.

Farmers have left farm due to insecurity. Are you not aware of the numbers of farmers Fulani herdsmen have wasted in their farms.

Nigerians are not lazy and always ready to work but Buhari government didn't help matter at all

Yes, it's true that the terrorists activities has affected farming but it is still not enough reason for us not to have enough output.

The FG hasn't invested enough in agricultural. Besides, they are still to be blamed for not providing adequate security to the farmers.

Agricultural loans disappear into private pockets.

Farming is left to only very few peasant farmers.

The government should get directly involved in agriculture the way they are in petroleum business which they are also not doing well.

Malaysia came to Nigeria few years ago to get palm kernel seed. Now, they are one of the biggest exporter of palm oil in the world.

Are we cursed in Nigeria?

No refinery is working
Agricultural sector is not doing well
Security is very bad
We import most of the things we can produce or manufacture but we are not making any effort.

Ordinary Keke na pep (Try cycle), we can't produce. See, the present cost. We have made India very rich.

What a country.

We have no shame.

No steady light, no good road, no portable water.

I can go on and on.

All they do is borrow to loot.

They will all burn in hell.
Re: Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets by Cromagnon: 4:57pm On May 29, 2023
Parachoko:
I do not have an answer to your foolish question
How you identify empty Barrels
The girl insults instead of defending their stoopidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria / Christmas: Crowd At Owerri Mall, Shoprite (Photos) / Dangote: “Bill Gates Turned Me Into A Different Person”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.