Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,559 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:01 PM

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima (44178 Views)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:18am On May 26, 2023
The Supreme Court has dismissed PDP’s suit challenging the alleged double Nomination of Kassim Shettima.

The Apex court agrees with the lower courts that the PDP lacks the locus Standi to institute the case.

Justice Adamu Jauro who read the Judgement, added that the PDP acted as meddlesome Interloper and a busy body as it is an internal affair of the APC.

A sum of Two Million Naira was awarded against the PDP, even as the suit was dismissed for lacking in merit.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/26/supreme-court-dismisses-pdps-suit-challenging-double-nomination-of-shettima/amp/

142 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by garfield1: 10:22am On May 26, 2023
donphilopus:
Supreme court dismisses PDP’s suit against Tinubu, Shettima over double nominatio|...

As it should

225 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by wwwkaycom(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2023
Atiku and PDP wanted to reap where they didn't sow. I laugh at their followers and leaders who were gallivanting around yesterday. I remember David Bwala, the biggest loser in 2023 trying to raise the hope of his PeeDeePigs followers, all ended in vain. Let us be fair in analysing the issue at stake, who is that politician who pursued the 2023 presidential race with all his strength and seriousness required like Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. Atiku was relying on hacking of INEC porter, Aso Rock Cabal and block votes from the north while Peter Obi believed in ethnic and religious sentiments, thinking that CAN, YesDaddies, Enenches, Mama Sarah Omakpi who wanted to waste her vote and indeed wasted it, fake prophets, angry IPOB miscreants, #ENDSARS yahoo boys and fake online polsters can win election for him. Asiwaju meticulously travelled through the lenght and breadth of the country, meeting people, building bridges, meeting leaders of religious organisations, traditional leaders, political leaders, professional people, students, artisans, market men and women, farmers and a host of others. I think it should be reinforced again and again that elections are not won by stupid scheming, sentiments or on the social media. I think Peter Obi especially should find time to learn that noise, insults, lies, instigations etc will not win election anywhere, cheers.

Congratulations to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR

238 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by fuckJones(f): 10:25am On May 26, 2023
Bad News :

Diesel now N540 from depot
Cooking Gas is now N600 per KG

No announcements from Media....

This would not trend , and Oloriburuku ruffy fire rufai Oseni would not tweet about this...

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On May 26, 2023
Normal stuffs, agbado for 8 years

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:27am On May 26, 2023
Those who hinged their hope on today's judgment would have to swallow the bitter pill.

Jagaban will be sworn in on Monday and he will rule them for at least 4 years.

300 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by hisexcellency34: 10:27am On May 26, 2023
Pin Silence everywhere

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Natural2Heal: 10:27am On May 26, 2023
If Tinubu is going to lost at election tribunal, the double nomination's case is the real solid ground. The other petitions are frivolous and irrelevant.

Since Supreme court has made judgement in favour of Tinubu, he will remain Nigerian president in the next 4 years.

280 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Abbeytoy(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2023
Normal level.

Let the Wailing Begin 1, 2, 3 go.......

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Coolabbie: 10:29am On May 26, 2023
Tinubu will NEVER rule this country.
All the prophecies said something will happen to prevent it.
I trust you, Lord

52 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:31am On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
Tinubu will NEVER rule this country.
All the prophecies said something will happen to prevent it.
I trust you, Lord

Dey there make pant dey wear you. 🤣

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is your President as from Monday next week till 2031. He will then handover to a competent northerner.

251 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by lexylaw40: 10:32am On May 26, 2023
Obidients see your life outside

106 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by slashthroat: 10:32am On May 26, 2023
Hahaha now the floodgate of crying is opened.

Watch them come here and cry we move, 25% FCT, drug lord, eyes on judiciary, miscarriage of justice yen yen yen yen

137 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by tamdun: 10:33am On May 26, 2023
Lobatan,what were they expecting,federal high court and court of appeal already dismissed same case in the past...

137 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:34am On May 26, 2023
lexylaw40:
Obid
Obidients see your life outside

They should steer clear of sniper from now till Monday. Their wailing starts on Monday till 2039. If they still fail to build bridges, it shall continue till 2055. cheesy

114 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:34am On May 26, 2023
rolams:
No judgement yet nau! False news

Eleyi is still sleeping on a bicycle. Wake up bro. Tinubu will be sworn in on Monday 29th of May 2023. He'll be there till 2031 God willing.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Sayvick(m): 10:36am On May 26, 2023
Eagle Square is now cleared for owambe on Monday.

If you can't beat them you bite them.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Efewestern: 10:36am On May 26, 2023
garfield1:

As it should

Can't PDP fund aggrieved APC presidential contestants to contest the double nomination ? Is this possible in the eyes of the law?

Read the new electoral law and i knew immediately that PDP lacked the power to sue APC on pre-election matters.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by donphilopus: 10:38am On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

Can't PDP fund aggrieved APC presidential contestants to contest the double nomination ? Is this possible in the eyes of the law?

Read the new electoral law and i knew immediately that PDP lacked the power to sue APC on pre-election matters.

I believe Amaechi can fund himself if he so wishes. But he would only waste his time doing so as the case lacks merit. Shettima immediately withdrew from the senatorial race immediately his name was announced as the running mate to Tinubu.

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by MrMystrO(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2023
Chai please naw... it's getting too much for the "Tinubu can Never be sworn in" People.. How dem go take manage this shame now?? grin

101 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Alaigbomaster: 10:39am On May 26, 2023
Obi on his way to cry on TV

195 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by FreeStuffsNG: 10:39am On May 26, 2023
Yokolu yokolu, o wa tan bi......
Case dismissed. Lobatan.
They want to use our courts to truncate our democracy.

This is a sign what awaits their weak case before the PEPT. I support them going to court but subterfuge and unpatriotic undemocratic actions to blackmail the Judges to do their bidding is a no no for us patriotic Nigerians.

The Supreme Court must fine them too like the Appeal Court did to that Mr Owuru yesterday.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by press9jatv: 10:39am On May 26, 2023
I don’t expect much from the Supreme Court of justice on that Pdp case now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by LeoDeKing: 10:39am On May 26, 2023
grin

179 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Betanaija42moro: 10:40am On May 26, 2023
Nigeria Court and stories na 5&6

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:41am On May 26, 2023
grin

The more the headless mob shout Mandate the more their petition flies off the window

Judges for atleast let the judgement reach afternoon now, this is something some mob have been waiting on for months

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by rolams(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2023
No judgement yet nau! False news

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by cpu2006(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2023
ok

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by GeneralDae: 10:42am On May 26, 2023
Natural2Heal:
If Tinubu is going to lost at election tribunal, the double nomination's case is the real solid ground. The other petitions are frivolous and irrelevant.

Since Supreme court has made judgement in favour of Tinubu, he will remain Nigerian president in the next 4 years.
Of a truth this double nomination thing was their strongest case because courts hardly play with double nomination. If SC has dismissed this then I dunno what the opposition wants to pin their hope on.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Epistasis(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2023
Glory be to God in the highest.
Hallelujah!!!!!!
Victory to democracy

Congratulations to my able president elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Obidafts in severe pains!!!!

Now we can all see that the presidential tribunal is a waste of time.
Wailers over to you.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Akungitit: 10:43am On May 26, 2023
I want to see IPOB tears😂😂🤣😇😇

55 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear / Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition / Buhari Rejects Rolls Royce In London-the Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.