Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 (7462 Views)

Simi Nwogugu Wins 2023 Africa Education Medal / Nigeria’s Simi Nwogugu Named Top 10 Finalist For Africa Education Medal 2023 / UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Abiodunspectre(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2023
Nigeria’s Simi Nwogugu, the Chief Executive Officer of JA Africa, has been named among the top 10 finalists for the Africa Education Medal 2023. Founded last year by T4 Education and HP in collaboration with Microsoft, the Africa Education Medal is Africa’s most prestigious education accolade.

The Africa Education Medal was established to recognise the works of those who are transforming education across the continent – to celebrate the stories of those who have lit the spark of change so others will be inspired to take up the torch. It is given to an outstanding individual who has demonstrated impact, leadership, and advocacy in the field of education.

JA Africa is part of the Nobel Peace Prize-nominated JA Worldwide, one of the world’s largest youth-serving NGOs that prepare young people for the future of work.

She was first introduced to JA while working at Goldman Sachs in New York City. Impressed by the organisation, she quit her lucrative job at age 24 to bring JA to Nigeria, where it now reaches more than 100,000 young people yearly, before going on to head up JA’s operations across the continent.

The importance of Nwogugu’s work is highlighted by the fact that 60 per cent of the population of sub-Saharan Africa and about 37 per cent of its workforce are under the age of 25. By 2025, Africa will be home to 25 per cent of the world’s youth population.

Through the delivery of hands-on, blended learning in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, her organisation empowers young people to grow their entrepreneurial ideas, hone their work readiness skills, manage their earnings and secure better lives for themselves, their families, and communities.

Senior Education Business Leader, Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa, at HP, Mayank Dhingra, said: “Nwogugu’s effort to improve education is an inspiration to many and expressed hope that others will follow in her footsteps to become leaders in the field.”

The HP boss said the organisation has a goal to accelerate digital equity for 150 million people globally by 2030.

“Only by joining forces and aligning with NGOs, government, educators and businesses can we truly improve the education environment. The Africa Education Medal brings together all those who are changing the face of African education, whose vital work deserves to be celebrated,” Dhingra said.

Founder and CEO of T4 Education, Vikas Pota, said African teachers, school leaders and government leaders, play a crucial part in unlocking the continent’s potential through quality education.

Pota noted that African education stands at a crossroads in the wake of the pandemic, but if leaders from across the continent in every field can work together, then they can build the lasting change needed.

https://guardian.ng/features/nwogugu-named-among-10-finalists-for-africa-education-medal-2023/

9 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Lionstep: 1:02pm On May 26, 2023
Ok......NCan pls come and helps us check where she come from as in which part of the country, the name sounds like ekiti mix with Igbo ...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by SaturnNick(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by MorataFC: 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
Good news
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by hkidola00(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
what if tinubu sniff cocaine and order the airforce to strike a community,im getting really scared of the future

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by BayLord01(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
Nice one, Africa is not all about the unrest in Sudan
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Emu4life(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
Time to do some Chest beatingsgrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Jakpon: 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
Congratulations Simi you deserve this and more
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Jakpon: 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
Emu4life:
Time to do some Chest beatingsgrin
No need for Chest beating. Her Mama na Yoruba and her Papa na Igbo. I know her personally

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Dadadididacontr: 1:05pm On May 26, 2023
Good New; keep soaring on eagle's wings.
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Lovelyn451(f): 1:08pm On May 26, 2023
Jakpon:
No need for Chest beating. Her Mama na Yoruba and her Papa na Igbo. I know her personally
she's igbo then, I'm beating my chest already....igbo amaka

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Emu4life(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2023
Lovelyn451:
gringrin
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Emu4life(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2023
Loly12:
not everything has to be about Tribalism
Na you go tell me wetin to do

1 Like

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Jakpon: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Good for you Sweetie

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by vickydevoka(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2023
Jakpon:
She come resemble Igbo pass Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by AustineE1: 1:17pm On May 26, 2023
Adadioranma!nwa Ada ejiejemba!dalu!chukwugozie umuigbo.

16 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Sleekcode: 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
Na Igbo She be.

13 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by HomorBj(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2023
Lol
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by sammirano: 1:25pm On May 26, 2023
She is a Yoruba married to a chest beater grin

2 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:26pm On May 26, 2023
undecided
sammirano:
She is a Yoruba married to a chest beater grin

1 Like

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2023
Jakpon:

You clearly don’t know what you are saying respectfully.

The woman is pure Yoruba. She only got married to an Igbo man which explained why she got that last name.

This is her bio review from Havard Business School.

4 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by PrincessofDSS(f): 1:36pm On May 26, 2023
Jakpon:

That’s to say NiCan it’s 50/50 please retreat, no cause for alarm, everything is still under control at the moment
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by MrUchenna1(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2023
Lionstep:
Ok......NCan pls come and helps us check where she come from as in which part of the country, the name sounds like ekiti mix with Igbo ...... grin

A tribal mind is a trouble mind
Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by madridguy(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2023
She is Igbo by marriage cheesy Her full name is Simi Sanni " Nwogugu "

Lovelyn451:

1 Like

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by ItisWell22(f): 1:48pm On May 26, 2023
LegendHero:

You clearly don’t know what you are saying respectfully.

The woman is pure Yoruba. She only got married to an Igbo man which explained why she got that last name.

This is her bio review from Havard Business School.

What in that bio states she’s married to an Igbo man or her tribal affiliation?

Person dey say him know her personally, you dey form intelligence officer… 😏

2 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by LegendHero(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2023
ItisWell22:

What in that bio states she’s married to an Igbo man or her tribal affiliation?

Person dey say him know her personally, you dey form intelligence officer… 😏

You saw them mention her husband and two kids in that bio.

Abi you no sabi read again?

4 Likes

Re: Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023 by Nwaotu10(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2023
Igbo Amaka

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Project Topics And Materials In GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING / Information About Ajayi Crowther University / Uk University Of Hull Applicants 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.