Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything (1006 Views)

Comedy On God’s Altar: The Scriptural View. / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Prove It At The Altar - The Guys' Bitter Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ezekiel43:13-27.
The Altar governs everything related to the house of God.in the old testament the Altar is always a type of the Cross.It is the place of the whole burnt offering.this corresponds to hebrews chapter10,where our Lord Jesus Christ is liken to the whole burnt offering.
In the letter to the Romans,the Cross brings the whole race in Adam to end and It begins an entirely New race in Christ risen.
In the first letter to the Corinthians,the Cross is applied to the natural and canal man inside the Church.
Second letter to the Corinthians, sets,the Cross in relation to minstry.that is,ministry flows out of a broken and humbled vessel.
In Galatians,the Cross is brought down upon making Christainity into another legal system.
In Ephesians,the work of the Cross is to put the Church on heavenly ground.
In Philippians,the Cross is applied to our personal interest and pride.
The Cross delivers us from all fasle spirituality in the letter to the Colossians.
In Thessalonians,the Cross is the strenght for suffering,An inspiration unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
And in Hebrews,the Cross shows how everything is brought to Fullness and Finality.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 12:31am On Jan 12, 2013
As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. (Galatians 6:14 NLT)

A truly crucified people are never in danger of the world. It is only when the Cross has not done its work that the world has a place. The world has no place with a crucified man or woman, or a crucified company of believers. The Cross is a great defensive against the world. If you want to keep the world out, put the Cross in its place. If the Cross is truly in its place in fullness, then everything else will come into order. The Cross is the great defensive against the world. The Cross is the great defensive against evil powers. The Cross makes everything safe; it makes everything safe for the Lord.

the Lord wants to commit Himself. He wants to trust Himself to His people, but if the Cross is not there at work, the Lord cannot trust Himself to them. The Lord says, "It is not safe for Me to give Myself there, or I should be involved in their un-crucified condition." The Cross makes everything safe for the Lord, and the Cross makes everything safe for the Church. If the Cross is really at work in all of us, we can trust one another. It is quite safe to trust yourself to a crucified man or woman.

1 Like

Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Without Me, you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

The Cross simply says that an order, though it be religious, well-motivated, or good-intentioned, but nevertheless proceeding from man in his natural state (not necessarily in defiance of God or in conscious rebellion against Him, but just the expression of man's natural state as he is), the Cross says that this entire order is set aside. God has judicially judged it and put a ban upon it. In the Cross of the Lord Jesus God has said finally: 'You in your natural state cannot serve Me, and cannot bear any fruit to My glory! It is possible to go out and work, labor, and die of the strain of trying to serve Me and yet it still remains true that you cannot, out from yourself, by any natural resources whatever, bear fruit unto Me.' The only thing that can ever get through to God's end, and that can be in Life – eternal, Divine, heavenly Life – is that which proceeds from the Holy Spirit.

How sweeping that is! How that analyzes and dissects everything! Of the things we say, for example, it continually presents the interrogation: 'Was that spoken in the Holy Spirit?' It is not enough to ask ourselves: 'Did I mean it well? Did I intend it for the Lord?' but: 'Was it said, was it done, in the Holy Spirit, or did I do it?' It is not a question of motive or of intention, but of the source from which we did it. We have daily to recognize that our lives must be subject to the Holy Spirit, and when we are aware that there has been something of our own will, we have to be faithful before God about it...
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:29am On Mar 29, 2013
And i,brethren,when I came to you,came NOT with excellency of speech or wisdom,declaring unto you the testimony of GOD.
For I determined NOT to know any thing among you,save Jesus Christ,and Him Crucified..1Cor2:1-2.

1 Like

Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 29, 2013
Great post bro...chuka
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:01am On Apr 06, 2013
Bidam: Great post bro...chuka
To He be the Glory and Honour.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:02am On Apr 06, 2013
I want to know Christ – yes, to know the power of His resurrection and participation in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death. (Philippians 3:10 NIV)

Do recognize that the Cross is the end of the risen life, and not only the beginning. If you forget everything else, remember that. The Cross is the end of the risen life, as well as the beginning: "That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, becoming conformed unto His death.""Why did Paul put death at the end? Surely it ought to be right the other way round – 'That I may be conformed to His death, and know Him in the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings.'" No, there is no mistake. The order is of the Holy Spirit. The power of His resurrection presupposes that there has been a death, but the very resurrection-life leads to the Cross. The Holy Spirit in the power of the risen life is always leading you back to the Cross, to conformity to His death. It is the very property of Life to rul e out all that belongs to death. It is the very power of resurrection to bring us back to the place where death is constantly overcome.

That place is none other than the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ where the natural life is put aside. So Paul says: "...becoming conformed unto His death," which means: to have the ground of death continuously and progressively removed; and that, again, as we have said, is the fruit of living union with Him. It would be a poor look-out for you and for me were we to be conformed to His death in entirety apart from the power of resurrection in us, apart from our already knowing the Life of the Lord. Where would be our hope? What is it that is the power of our survival when the Cross is made more real in our experience? There would be no survival were it not that His risen Life is in us. So Paul prays: "That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection..." and that means conformity to His death without utter destruction. The end of the risen life is the Cross. The Holy Spirit is always working in relation to the Cross, in order that th e power of His resurrection may be increasingly manifested in us...
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 2:20am On Oct 22, 2013
The message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved. (1 Corinthians 1:18 ISV)

Have you got a Cross in your history? Have you got a grave in your history? If you have not then you are dwelling in the shadows. You may get flashes and touches, but they will be fleeting, transient, coming and going. If you have a Cross and a grave in your experience, in your history, the Holy Spirit has got what He requires, and it is blessedly possible for you to have the abiding of this risen Life in which all these values are made good, and growingly good. What is the new creation? With it there comes first of all a new consciousness. You are conscious that things are new, and things are different. It is a new consciousness as to the Lord. You are alive to that to which you were never alive before; in every realm things are the same, yet entirely different. Somehow or other you move in the same surroundings, and touch the same people, but there is something new. There is a new consciousness. Things have become different....

Not only do we have a new consciousness, but we have a new capacity. The Holy Spirit gives capacities that none of us have by nature. We may by nature be very limited in our capabilities. By the anointing of the Holy Spirit we may have capabilities that the best men and women of this world without the Holy Spirit have not got. A truly Spirit-indwelt child of God has capabilities and capacities that no one else has. This very breathing carries with it capacity. Until Adam was breathed into he had no capacities for all that he was intended to do; but when he became a living soul by the breath of God he had capacities for knowing, for doing, for understanding. The new creation is like that, with new capacities, capabilities for knowing, for understanding, for doing, that we never had before. No child of God ought ever to settle down and finally accept the position that they "cannot" in any particular. We should never say in any matter that is present ed to us in the will of God, "I cannot." The presence of the Holy Spirit means capability and capacity for doing things which we could never do before. We ought to prove the Lord in that way...........
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
I urge you... to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship. (Romans 12:1 NIV)

You have a life, and that life is a great trust, a great responsibility. It can stay in its own ambitions, its own interests, its own worldly concerns and considerations, it can stay by itself. Will you give your life to God, will you let it go to Him, will you put it on the altar and let the knife be taken that God may have it utterly? If you will, God will multiply your life, God will extend your life, God will make much more of it than ever it would have been if you had kept it in your own hands. Have you got something in your life that you are holding on to as a Christian; you are not letting that go to the Lord? You know what it is. I should miss it if I tried to catalog the things it might be. You know you have something where you are not letting go to the Lord. The Lord has put His finger on something, and you are holding on. You have an argument which you think is a very good argument. You have a reason you think perfectly good, so you are holding o n. Deep down the truth is you are not prepared to let that go....

There are times when, in recognition that a certain course is the Lord’s way, we have to wait for the Lord’s time and see to it that our strength of will coming into alliance with some purpose of God is not jeopardizing the fruitfulness of that thing, and doing other people harm and making other people suffer. There are times when we have to come back to the Lord and say, "Lord, You have shown me that is Your way for me, but I can see that it is going to involve others in a great deal of suffering. I do want to be sure of Your time in this, and that I am not taking hold of it; it is not my strength of will to do Your will. I want to do this thing in self-sacrificing love, so that the least loss shall be suffered by others." We have seen people who are right as to their objective, right as to what the Lord wants, but the way in which they do it often spoils the whole thing. They take hold of Divine things, and while the thing is right, they are spoiling it by bringing their own strength of will into alliance with it. This applies in many ways. We must be circumcised in heart to do the will of God, ready to let go and let God determine the way to accomplish it. May the Lord interpret His Word and make it fruitful. I know it is challenging. It searches us all; we shall all come up against it. But oh, see what happened in heaven, and see that He desires that as it is in heaven, so it shall be on earth.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
If anyone wants to follow in My footsteps, he must give up all right to himself, carry his cross every day and keep close behind Me. (Luke 9:23 Phillips)

The Cross is applied according to every man's make-up. What would be the Cross to me would never be the Cross to you, and the Cross may mean something different for every one of us. But it is universal. That is the point – central and universal. It touches us all perhaps in a different way, and it raises questions and issues for each one of us peculiarly. That is our challenge of the Cross, and then it is a matter of whether we, in what we are, will come and allow the Cross to deal with us. It is no use our saying, "What shall this man do?" the Lord will at once answer, "What is that to thee? Follow thou Me." There is a personal, individual, shall I say, private application of the Cross to every one of us, and our spiritual growth depends entirely upon the Cross doing its work in us, and our response to it personally.

So, you see, it is very necessary that we should recognize that this cannot be taken as a kind of a general thing. It has to become peculiar to each one of us. Oh, beloved, do believe that this is not just teaching, or doctrine. It is of very great importance. But I would beg you not to accept it merely because I am saying it and emphasizing it, nor even because I tell you that so far as some of us are concerned, it is a proved thing. I would ask you for one thing only, namely, not to close your heart to it, not to say, "That is a teaching!" but just to ask the Lord, "Is this right?" taking an attitude simply and honestly before the Lord, even should you feel it is not true, and so leaving room for the possibility that the prejudice may, after all, spring from yourself, from something in your constitution or in your upbringing. Will you go to the Lord with this and say, "Lord I do not see, it is difficult for me to believe it; but, if it is true, then, Lord, I am open to the truth, and I want You to take me definitely in hand on the ground of the truth." There is not one of us, I am sure, who wants to stand in the presence of the Lord later on, and for the Lord to say, "My child, I would have led you into something very much fuller if only you had given Me the chance." Will you take a very honest and open-hearted attitude toward the Lord in the matter?
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by PastorOluT(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
i.chuka:
And i,brethren,when I came to you,came NOT with excellency of speech or wisdom,declaring unto you the testimony of GOD.
For I determined NOT to know any thing among you,save Jesus Christ,and Him Crucified..1Cor2:1-2.

God bless u bro for this wonderful right, this surely is one of my favorites scriptures in the bible.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

God bless u bro for this wonderful right, this surely is one of my favorites scriptures in the bible.
May He bless u too bro!!
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
None of you can be My disciples unless you give up everything. (Luke 14:33 GW)

Nothing is truly established until it has been yielded up and has received the brand of the Cross upon it. Have you got that? Even though that may have been given to you from God, there is still always the danger of something in ourselves impinging upon something that God has given us. We insinuate ourselves into it, and make it ours somehow. This Self! This flesh! Oh, yes, God gives us a ministry and then we get hold of it and become jealous about our ministry and afraid of other people getting in our way and taking our ministry away from us; interfering with our ministry, you see. The flesh comes up in that way and in so many other directions and connections. God does something, and then we come into it. We get into the picture.

Somehow or other this flesh cannot keep itself out of even the things that God does by a miracle. We turn them to the glorification or the gratification of this flesh of ours, and even a thing which God may give – and you are thinking perhaps of different things which God may give – will never be established and confirmed until it has been yielded up and knows the mark of death to ourselves and that is only alive for and unto God, and we are only alive for and unto God in that connection, whatever it may be. The Cross is the way of Life in everything and immediately the Cross is nullified by this thing upon which the Cross says, "No, No!" Immediately anything of that comes up again, we counter the life of that thing, we strangle its life, we limit its life. We not only arrest the progress, but we bring into smallness God’s intention of multiplication. Why cannot God increase? And the answer is clearly and definitely this: that somehow or other man has come into this business of God and turned it to himself. The Cross has not been kept in its place to give God a clear, full, free way.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
/Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(Colossians 1:27)/
What does this mean? Not that I come
before God saying, “I have had
pure motives; I have been very
honest, earnest and conscientious,
and
my intentions have all been of the
best.” Let us stop talking
nonsense. It is utter folly to talk like
that. We do not know
ourselves. Only God knows the truth
about us, and none of that finds a
place with Him or counts with Him for
a moment. The point is, have I
recognized that the Cross of the Lord
Jesus was the smashing and
ending of me, good and bad, so that I
am not holding up before the
Lord anything? I am as capable of the
worst as any being in God's
creation is. For anybody to take the
attitude that they are not
capable of the worst is an attitude of
the deepest deception. We do
not know the power in our beings
until we are put to it. If we have
never committed the worst, it is
because we have never been put to it
in the mercy of God, but it is all there.
The Lord puts His finger
upon it in principle when He
says, /“He that hates his brother is a
murderer.”/ It is the same spirit. You
have only to extend that,
provoke that anger enough, put that
nature into certain circumstances,
and you will discover that you are
capable of things of which you
would have stood in utmost horror at
one time.
You and I have got to come down
before God and admit that we are
capable of the worst, not standing on
the ground of our right. The
only right one is Christ from God's
standpoint. The only safe one is
Christ, and therefore the only one who
stands in God's eyes is Christ,
and it is as you and I, in all the
brokenness, frailty, conscious
weakness and humility of our own
beings, by faith cling to Christ that
we shall find the way out, the
deliverance, the salvation. We must
look behind God's words to see
bigger things than words on the
surface
indicate. /“To this man will I look, even
to him that is poor and of
a contrite spirit, and that trembles at
My word.”/ That statement
embodies all that we are saying. To
what one
will He look? To the one
who never says, “I am right!” but to
the one who says, “I may be
as wrong as ever a man or woman
was wrong, there is nothing of which I
am not capable; my only ground is
Christ; so help me God, Christ is my
ground!” To stand on Christ is to stand
always in the consciousness
and recognition that this other
ground, ourselves at any point, is
dangerous ground. /He/ is so Other,
and there is the great divide,
there is no overlapping. Between
Christ and us there is a gaping
chasm. God never sees that bridged,
but thank God He will put Christ
into us by the Holy Spirit, and while
the two will ever remain apart,
the old creation will go one day and
that which is of Christ, as
wrought into us, will abide.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 7:49am On Sep 09, 2018
Is there an ALTAR in our daily endeavours?
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
Leviticus6:13 Leviticus 6:13 [13]Fire shall be kept burning continually on the altar; it is not to go out.
Re: The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything by ichuka(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2021
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Bleeding Stopped After Prayer With Tb Joshua / Strong Bible Teachers Can You Explain This Verse / Worldly Aspirations And Acquisitions. Folly Or Necessity ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.