Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 AM

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" (25362 Views)

My Sad Observation About The Current Wave Of Inflation / Nigerian Adults Should Please Stop Doing This. / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Prayfortheworld: 2:29pm On May 27, 2023
Ok
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by babyfaceafrica: 2:30pm On May 27, 2023
We have heard
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Skii(m): 2:34pm On May 27, 2023
Nazgul:
Don't blame them. Nigeria isn't working so once people see any business that gives money, everyone would dive into it and over saturate it.

Look at POS... around 2016, you can rent a shop and run POS and make reasonable money. In fact you could live comfortably with POS business. Today, you'll find over 20 POS operators on a single street. So if you're planning on going into it, just be prepared cos whatever you make from it obviously wouldn't be able sustain you.

Look at Uber/Bolt. I know someone who is in Canada today courtesy of Uber. He started out as an Uber driver as far back as 2017. Today because there are no jobs, more and more guys (and even ladies) are going into uber. This had made Uber become over saturated . And if their drivers are honest with you, they'll admit that it's not as lucrative as it used to be.

Same with provision shop, you can find more than 20 on one street all selling the same thing. How on Earth would they make profit?

Is it korokpe or danfo bus...that one is worse, there are some routes you'll ply, when you reach and park, before it reaches your turn to load again, it might take up to an hour because there are lots and lots of other buses ahead of you.

In the late 90s and early 2000s, one of the fastest way to make money as someone who wasn't fortunate to attain university education was to do hire purchase. Find someone who would give you a bus, and within a year, you've paid him back and you have the bus all to yourself.

Today, bad economy and inflation has made it impossible for these guys to deliver, so even though they're in possession of the vehicle, they would find it very difficult meeting their daily target.

It's not that these businesses aren't lucrative, they are but because there are so many competitors, profit becomes very slim. This is why so many of them aren't making it.

If the country is working, people wouldn't be eager to do any kind of business, this means that businesses wouldn't be over saturated, so those doing it would easily prosper.

The country isn't working!

And I wonder how it will work any time soon with the kind of human resource harvesting thats going on right now in the name of immigration! It feels like a form of illegal and yet legal human mining.

All these countries are creating programs to lure the middle class, a good piece of that remaining 20% that should have been driving Nigerias economy.

I hope Tinubu's administration will choose an experienced and practical economist (and not a theorist) as well as seasoned banker for leadership in the economic/finance ministries and the CBN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by olisefom: 2:35pm On May 27, 2023
So true.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Hakimi90: 2:36pm On May 27, 2023
Gyy

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by mayo47(m): 2:37pm On May 27, 2023
Foundational Education system model of cram and pour down same during exams has affected most critical thinking capacity

Kobojunkie:
You can only do you if you are able to critically reason yourself and your surroundings, something you attempted to point out most are unable to do. Culturally, Nigerians are not generally raised to be independent in their thoughts and reasoning. They are mostly raised to copy the successes and paths taken by others before them which explains a lot of what we have today. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by FuckTheMod: 2:38pm On May 27, 2023
Also with girls

If her friends start doing runs and HOOKUP, She'll start feeling not woke and she'll start OLOSHO too until her bodycount becomes greater than her age. grin

Later when she start getting old and losing her market VALUES, SHE'LL BE TELLING MUMU RICH AND GOD FEARING MAN TO MARRY HER grin
When they ask her about her PAST, she'll say it doesn't matter
grin grin grin grin grin

Oloriburukus grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by redsun(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2023
What do you expect in a country where a prolific criminal is about to be sworn in as the presithief? 80% margin is an understatement. 99% percent should be correct.

They are all nappy-headed muderfuckers who can not see the need for constructive change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by jjcena(m): 2:41pm On May 27, 2023
China is were they are today because they copied what Japan and Germany did. Today China is the largest exporter of finished products and they are still copying in case you don't know.

If you can't innovate, copying should be your stepping stone. It's not a bad idea to copy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by musicwriter(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2023
CuriousCart:
I have noticed that most Nigerians are adults by age only and not thought. 80% of adults lack a clue about their next move and direction.

They usually copy what other successful people around them are doing on the surface.

If a colleague buys a car, they start getting worked up until they also buy a car. If a neighbour opens a shop for his wife they rush to open a shop too. If their friend is into tech, they abandon their budding career and start taking tech courses upandan.

I think the copiers do this because they believe mimicking will make them reach the same goals as the person but they fail to realize that life doesn't work that way because there are many unseen events and efforts that may have led to the copyee's success.

The colleague who bought a car may have been gifted by a sugar daddy or recently lost a parent and inherited the car while you are planning to use your entire savings plus loan.
The neighbour opening a shop may have had 15 years experience in that biz line while you just want to dive into it blindly.
The tech guy may just have the brains for it while you are more likely to succeed at sales.

Finally, when they are done copying and don't achieve the same successful result as the copyee, the next thing is to accuse him/her of using juju and using people's destiny to succeed.

Just do you.

That's very true. And that's because thought quality is very poor.

In 2013, I was still in music and when I wanted to register here on Nairaland, I tried registering the username "songwriter" but it was already taken. Then, I registered musicwriter instead. Ever since that day, most people would add "writer" to their username.

Photocopy ko easy......you can never be like me........9Nice

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by lomaxx: 2:44pm On May 27, 2023
jjcena:
China is were they are today because they copied what Japan and Germany did. Today China is the largest exporter of finished products and they are still copying in case you don't know.

If you can't innovate, copying should be your stepping stone. It's not a bad idea to copy.

You can't copy context.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On May 27, 2023
mayo47:
Foundational Education system model of cram and pour down same during exams has affected most critical thinking capacity
Education system is to blame but remember our first education comes from our homes. If you go to places like China and the rest, they too started off badly but with many cultural adjustments, they were able to push before the old and move their systems forward. Nigerians are busy waiting for the system to first move forward before they then begin to take initiative at the cultural and social levels. Where has that ever worked? undecided
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On May 27, 2023
jjcena:
■ China is were they are today because they copied what Japan and Germany did. Today China is the largest exporter of finished products and they are still copying in case you don't know. If you can't innovate, copying should be your stepping stone. It's not a bad idea to copy.
In order to make what you claim necessary, China not only had to make drastic cultural changes but also social changes which then caused the people to greatly innovate. Changes of the kind you see today in China started not at the top but at the bottom. Let's be real! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Angelfrost(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2023
You could have written the post without alluding to or trying hard to denigrate "adulthood"!

Copying or imitating doesn't make anyone childish or less an adult! I wonder who taught you that.

Maybe, you are a youth or teenager who thinks because he is 'woke', he is suddenly superior to the adults in his life!

Please, get off your high horse and give your head a wobble!

Note: the post is awesome... You simply made it piss poor by denigrating adulthood!

Let's learn to keep things simple... Just speak your facts without overthinking it! Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Acidosis(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2023
We need to print your post, put a frame on it, and place it at the door of every office and home in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 3seriez(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2023
taylor89:
Keep your observations to yourself e no concern me

Meanwhile Seun if Nairaland don tire you to run sel it out or give another person to handle it for you

What’s all these pop up ads always discomforting me whenever I visit this page?

If you wan run ads why not run as a thread in front page

To even think I saw a Corn advert this morning my mind just fly

I’m not a child of corn Abeg no dey finger my brain

He has run out of ideas a long time ago. The site has so much potential but he has let it turn to a tribal war field.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by 3seriez(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2023
taylor89:

Meanwhile Seun if Nairaland don tire you to run sel it out or give another person to handle it for you

He has run out of ideas a long time ago. The site has so much potential but he has let it turn to a tribal battle ground
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by redsun(m): 2:53pm On May 27, 2023
lomaxx:

You can't copy context.

He forgot that China is an ancient civilization that pioneered the inventions of most of today's modern technology. Moving forward innovatively is part of genetics. And it's something we can't comprehend as zombified primates.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Angelfrost(m): 2:55pm On May 27, 2023
CalmStormy:
Manual no dey for this life.

Just do you.

Simple and Short! Tell these motivational speakers!

Every mallam should carry his kettle!

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by obinna58(m): 2:55pm On May 27, 2023
taylor89:

It’s been for days but you waited for 3k likes before you can complain
Na you Dey run ads na
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by candygist: 2:55pm On May 27, 2023
taylor89:

Why you know track your creator for creating corn ?
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by abbey621(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2023
CuriousCart:
I have noticed that most Nigerians are adults by age only and not thought. 80% of adults lack a clue about their next move and direction.

They usually copy what other successful people around them are doing on the surface.

If a colleague buys a car, they start getting worked up until they also buy a car. If a neighbour opens a shop for his wife they rush to open a shop too. If their friend is into tech, they abandon their budding career and start taking tech courses upandan.

I think the copiers do this because they believe mimicking will make them reach the same goals as the person but they fail to realize that life doesn't work that way because there are many unseen events and efforts that may have led to the copyee's success.

The colleague who bought a car may have been gifted by a sugar daddy or recently lost a parent and inherited the car while you are planning to use your entire savings plus loan.
The neighbour opening a shop may have had 15 years experience in that biz line while you just want to dive into it blindly.
The tech guy may just have the brains for it while you are more likely to succeed at sales.

Finally, when they are done copying and don't achieve the same successful result as the copyee, the next thing is to accuse him/her of using juju and using people's destiny to succeed.

Just do you.

Your opinion was shaped by your limited view of the world, once you travel to other countries, you would revise your view and have a more appreciative view of the world. For example, in the USA there's something called the American Dream! Work work work so that you can afford to buy a house on mortgage and pay it for 30 years at interest rate of 3-7%. Work for 30-40 years so that you can retire and the government can pay you 1/3rd of your salary for the rest of your life. Over 70% of the American population believes in this dream hence they become a slave to the system.

It is only human to follow trends whether good or bad, it is what it is!

7 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by chukkystar(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2023
Very True. My Neighbour once bought a car cos I had just gotten my own car. He couldn't maintain it and sold it to buy a smaller car, the next month the car had accident and he didn't have money for repairs that's how his money finished

6 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On May 27, 2023
Angelfrost:
■ You could have written the post without alluding to or trying hard to denigrate "adulthood"! Copying or imitating doesn't make anyone childish or less an adult! I wonder who taught you that. Maybe, you are a youth or teenager who thinks because he is 'woke', he is suddenly superior to the adults in his life! Please, get off your high horse and give your head a wobble!
Note: the post is awesome... You simply made it piss poor by denigrating adulthood! Let's learn to keep things simple... Just speak your facts without overthinking it! Thanks.
An adult who is unable to critically reason his situation and life is no better than an imbe_cile as far as general IQ levels though. undecided
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Angelfrost(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2023
In other news... This might be Thomas Tuchel's season after all!

Dortmund aiming for the position of King of Bottlers! cool

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On May 27, 2023
CalmStormy:
Manual no dey for this life. Just do you.
But most are not raised to "DO YOU" rather, they are raised to do what others around them have done. So everyone is busy copying each other at the end of the day— mistakes and all. undecided
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Angelfrost(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
An adult who is unable to critically reason his situation and life is no better than an imbe_cile as far as general IQ levels though. undecided

No disagreement... But, life is not that simple!

You will be tempted per usual to argue this further.... Don't bother! I won't bite! grin
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by TheRealOwner(m): 3:01pm On May 27, 2023
taylor89:

Ọmọ, I thought it was only me o
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Psalmistproject: 3:05pm On May 27, 2023
CuriousCart:

Just do you.

That you met a few clueless people that is heavily ignorant and under the influence of village forces does not mean you are right.

The problem is that the government is not working. In the olden days people did the same things and lived well the only difference was breaking local market limits and selling across local boundaries.

Our population is growing rapidly and I can tell you that the greatest threat to our continuous existence, development and advancement is lack of quality education.

Some of us realize we want to become scientists at 15 but then our basic primary education was junk. We can't solve equations ordinarily meant for primary 5 pupils.

Then those that even get the chance to get good education can't get needed support to give back to the system by government creating a research and development institution where they can invent new economic crafts into the system.

The market is not also well regulated. There's what South Easterners do, they can decide to gather all the people in a particular skill into one location. There they will reduce price for services and make sure anything one wants he can find it there. This is a form model of market regulation.

Not like what we have in streets of Portharcourt. You will open a supermarket that you are barely able to make N5000 profit daily then one idiot wake up just beside and open same and the landlord permits that.

Once our markets are regulated especially who should have which market a lot of people will start learning other things to fit in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Slayar: 3:05pm On May 27, 2023
Nigerians for you.
Re: My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On May 27, 2023
Psalmistproject:
■ That you met a few clueless people that is heavily ignorant and under the influence of village forces does not mean you are right. The problem is that the government is not working. In the olden days people did the same things and lived well the only difference was breaking local market limits and selling across local boundaries. Our population is growing rapidly and I can tell you that the greatest threat to our continuous existence, development and advancement is lack of quality education. Some of us realize we want to become scientists at 15 but then our basic primary education was junk. We can't solve equations ordinarily meant for primary 5 pupils.
Then those that even get the chance to get good education can't get needed support to give back to the system by government creating a research and development institution where they can invent new economic crafts into the system. The market is not also well regulated. There's what South Easterners do, they can decide to gather all the people in a particular skill into one location. There they will reduce price for services and make sure anything one wants he can find it there. This is a form model of market regulation. Not like what we have in streets of Portharcourt. You will open a supermarket that you are barely able to make N5000 profit daily then one idiot wake up just beside and open same and the landlord permits that. Once our markets are regulated especially who should have which market a lot of people will start learning other things to fit in.
This here desperate need many Nigerians have to deflect and deny the obvious speaks volumes of a problem that is so obvious and magnified by the population explosion. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. / Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.