Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job (1691 Views)

Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know / Do You Reside In Ile- Ife Or You Know Someone Who Does? / 5 Key Differences Between The Resume And A CV Every Applicant Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by Tradegood: 7:09pm On May 29, 2023
ICEWIN:

Hello!

please i am an NCE holder,i am currently teaching,but i dont have passion for teaching,just not for me to be idle thats why have been working as a teacher,i actually did NCE because the institution was very close to my house,my parent can not afford to send me to UNI/POLY due to distance and accommodation.

After my NCE i couldn't further,due to finance.

Do you have any advice/idea i can use to grow or change of career path with my NCE?

Check this:

Job Title: Experienced Assistant House Master

Requirement

Possess an OND, NCE qualification.

Application Closing Date
29th May, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: career@keenbritishschool.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Just try.
When asked for salary give a range N120k-150k or .ore and state that yiu are open for negotions.
I stated that range because it is for an asssistant role.
If you know the place go there.
It is a not a teaching role from what i can see but your experience as a teacher can help place you above others.

I just noticed that closing date for Application is today. Try to submit one before .midnight ?
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by ICEWIN: 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
Tradegood:

Check this:

Job Title: Experienced Assistant House Master

Requirement

Possess an OND, NCE qualification.

Application Closing Date
29th May, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: career@keenbritishschool.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Just try.
When asked for salary give a range N120k-150k or .ore and state that yiu are open for negotions.
I stated that range because it is for an asssistant role.
If you know the place go there.
It is a not a teaching role from what i can see but your experience as a teacher can help place you above others.

I just noticed that closing date for Application is today. Try to submit one before .midnight ?
I want to say a big thank you to you,for your good heart,what ever your good desire it,may God grant it.

I just applied.
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by extol1(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2023
Tradegood:

Yes.
There are schools that pay teachers upwards of N150k and as high as N250k+ in Lagos.

But they are not moimoi schools, as per, you don't get employed there just because you have an NCE.

They require some what I call, "special teaching certificates"
You will get those certificates.
and it is not hard to get them

(I presume you hate teaching because the salary is small? Like if your present employer were paying you N500k as net salary for example to teach, would you still hate the teaching?)

Have you heard of the word, Montessori?

These schools that I talk about, there are some certificate or skills they always ask for, I will look for it and get it for you.

All you need do is suffer for 6 months more or almost one year more to acquire that skill.

Next, I will like to ask, what do you really like? Since you don't like teaching?
Like, if GOD gives you a blank cheque and says, any job you want now, I will give you now. What job would that be?

I ask since you don't like teaching?

Can you please talk more about cover letter and if possible can I get a sample
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by Tradegood: 12:00am On May 30, 2023
extol1:

Can you please talk more about cover letter and if possible can I get a sample

Tips to writing cover letters.
1) Pray first and always
FATHER in heaven thank YOU for this job opportunity YOU made me come across. Please LORD I want to draft my cover letter for this job, direct me on how best to go about it in JESUS mighty name I ask, amen. Thank YOU LORD for answering me in JESUS name, amen.

2) Never ever submit a cV a without cover letter, no matter how unserious the recruiter seems.
If the recruiter is deemed unserious by you but not enough to discourage you from applying, or sending your CV to them, you MUST include a cover letter.

A cover letter keeps the body of your email page from being stark cold empty. It also shows that you are a thoughtful person and you care about who is on the other end of the communication line. You are not just hitting them with your needs, "My CV is here okay, check!"

A cover letter is just like any normal formal letter that you must write to...sort of water the entrance to your CV...You greet the employer, you try to show your enthusiasm by trying to "woo" them to employ you, but in a formal professional kind of way. Like trying to tell them, "my CV arnt gonna be boring but worth your while".

In secondary school, we were taught that
"Dear Sir," is 100% good enough greeting for formal letters. Don't go overboard.

2) This next tip is inspired by GOD:
There is always an expo on constructing a winning cover letter. and it is hidden in the job requirements/qualifiactions:

e.g let's look at this job ad below and study its job requirement:

Job Title: Graphic Designer

Employment Type: Full-time

Responsibilities

Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials

Illustrating concepts by designing and submitting them for approval

Contributing to teams effort by accomplishing tasks as needed

creating a wide range of graphics and layout for product illustration

Reviewing final layout and suggesting improvement when necessary

Requirements

Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or a related field

Proven experience as a graphic designer

Demonstratable graphic design skill with a strong portfolio

Proficiency with required desktop publishing softwares

A strong eye for visual composition

Remuneration
N100,000 - N120,000 Monthly.

Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2023.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: recruitment@mystaffjob.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.

The first things you want to state in your cover letters are the top three or four of these requirements in such a way that it doesn't feel like you are throwing the recruiters' words directly at them!

1.Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or a related field
2.Proven experience as a graphic designer
3.Demonstratable graphic design skill with a strong portfolio
4.Proficiency with required desktop publishing softwares
5.A strong eye for visual composition

Someone like me, will pick the first four or three requirements and ensure the recruiter sees that first.

e.g

Dear Sir,

Application for the position of a (always use the exact job title they used here) in XYZ company ( in your company if the ad is without a name; this is not compulsory though).

I have a Bachelors degree in .....
and have over 3 years experience in working as a supervisor where I...at this point begin to talk about some responsibilities you handled that is stated in their requirements or begin to talk about achievements you made in previous roles that you know would be the same goals or results for the role.

e.g if a sales company is calling for a sales person, you automatically know they want you to help them sell their product as fast as possible with profit.

So if you have ever sold off goods for your mom, friend, previous companies in such a way that people wondered aloud how you did it so fast, you would need to show off your speed here or rate at which you sell off goods or any skills you think might set you apart from other candidates (in few words; concise and clear)

3) Lastly, with those two tips in mind, if you still need guidance to construct a cover letter, go to any search engine and type,

sample graphics designer cover letter
or sample sales rep cover letter
or sample customer service cover letter etc. And use it as a guide.
Never copy word for word; you must exercise your brain

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by Tradegood: 12:03am On May 30, 2023
ICEWIN
You're welcome. Hope you sent it with a cover letter sharing how many years you have worked as a teacher?

Graceandpeace that admin ad on the nairaland link I shared have accommodation for staffs that live far away.
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by GraceAndPeace: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Tradegood:
ICEWIN
You're welcome. Hope you sent it with a cover letter sharing how many years you have worked as a teacher?

Graceandpeace that admin ad on the nairaland link I shared have accommodation for staffs that live far away.

Okay thanks a bunch. Let me go through it again
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by ICEWIN: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2023
Tradegood:
ICEWIN

apart from montessori what other cert do this school always ask for sir?
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by Tradegood: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
ICEWIN:

apart from montessori what other cert do this school always ask for sir?
Okay, kindly give me time to check.
Don't be wary okay, that is the purpose of all these challenges, to keep you wary.
Make up your mind that they won't master you, because GOD had made you master over them.
Sing praise when you feel down, it confuses the devil.
Guess what? When praises go up, blessings come down.
Praise GOD because HE is deserving of praise not because you are trying to force HIS hand.

It confuses the devil every single time, trust me.

GOD is preparing you for greatness.
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by ICEWIN: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tradegood:

Okay, kindly give me time to check.
Don't be wary okay, that is the purpose of all these challenges, to keep you wary.
Make up your mind that they won't master you, because GOD had made you master over them.
Sing praise when you feel down, it confuses the devil.
Guess what? When praises go up, blessings come down.
Praise GOD because HE is deserving of praise not because you are trying to force HIS hand.

It confuses the devil every single time, trust me.

GOD is preparing you for greatness.
Ok. Thank you for the encouragement.

Hoping to hear from you
Re: Debunking The Myth That You Must Know Someone To Get A Job by Tradegood: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
ICEWIN:

Ok. Thank you for the encouragement.

Hoping to hear from you

These are a few I found with salary ranges above 200. For the ones the ads have expired I simply cropped the qualifications:

Candidates should possess a Diploma in Montessori. B.Ed or HND / B.Sc with PGDE as an added advantage

Directoress:
MACTE / IMS / AMI certification and be Graduates of Biological or Physical Sciences.

MACTE, IMS/AMI Primary certification and Graduates of the Biological and Physical Sciences e.g Botany, Zoology, Physics, Geology, Maths etc. with a minimum of 3 years experience

B.Ed or B.Sc in a relevant discipline with a PDGE (TRCN Certificate is an added advantage)
Must have, at least, 3 years’ experience in preparing students for the following examinations; IGCSE, Checkpoint, WAEC, JAMB and so on

Head of school
Qualification: B.Ed OR HND/B.SC with PGDE; M.Ed. is an added advantage

Vivad International Schools is an educational institution in Gwarinpa Abuja seeking to attain greater educational heights.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Primary English Teacher

Job Requirements

Post-graduate qualification in Education is essential for those without a First Degree in Education.

NCE with years of experience could be considered.

TRCN certification.

Confident and competent user of ICT.

Excellent writing and communication skills.

Ability to assess student work accurately and precisely using criteria.

A good knowledge of the British curriculum is desirable.

Ability to work independently with less supervision.

Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications / CV to: 123educationalconsulting@gmail.com using the Job Title and their Name (E.g. Primary Teacher, Linda Harriet) as the subject of the mail.

Roemichs is the foremost international school in Kwara State serving both national and international students from Crèche to post WAEC. It offers a British/Nigerian curriculum preparing pupils and students for both national and international examinations.

Job Title: Fine Art Teacher

Details

A teacher of Fine Arts and other closely associated disciplines is required.

Requirements

Knowledge of national and West African languages examinations e.g. WAEC, NECO are a definite requirement

Knowledge of international examinations e.g. IGCSE an added advantage.

Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a formal Letter of Application and updated CV to: roemichsschool@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Or
Submit it in a sealed envelope at:
Roemichs International School,
Ajase-Ipo Road, Offa Garage,
Ilorin, Kwara State.

Job Title: Academic Staff (Early Years, Nursery, Primary or Secondary Teacher)

Requirements

Applicants must possess at least a B.Sc, B.Ed, NCE or OND.

He/She must have 1 to 2 years of teaching experience in Academic staff works in International school(s).

Original copies of result credentials will be shown on the day of interview

Academic staffs should please specify the job role which you are applying for, you will have to present your credentials and prove that you've been deligent in your previous working environment.

You will have to present credentials with possible proof.

Remuneration
N30,000 - N250,000 Monthly.

Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: oxfordcreativeintlschools@gmail.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.

Wells International Schoolsis a well-known place for excellence and academic growth, sporting, and community achievements which places us among the top schools in Nigeria. We are an enriching educational service provider which brings the best potential in students through nurturing children whilst instilling knowledge through the use of technologically advanced learning environment that is designed to deliver a comprehensive and innovative curriculum.
Wells International Schoolscombines modern learning techniques, proficient and professional teachers which expertise and passion is committed to guiding students in reaching the highest academic standards.

Job Title: Head of School

Responsibilities

Ensure that all children attending the pre-school and primary receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.

Manage the day-to-day operations in order to ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents and carers, the team and any visitors to the school.

Ensure that practice and provision meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.

Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members.

Support the development of good practice.

Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.

Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice throughout the nursery.

Be responsible for ensuring the primary school remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications.

Be responsible for ensuring that all staff receive training.

Manage staff costs with regard to budget projections.

Maintain accurate records and accounts for the preschool nursery and primary system and produce management information as required.

Understand and utilize management systems and information to maximize efficiency

Requirements

BSc or MSc Degree educated / Early Years Foundation Degree

Leadership Skills - the demonstrable ability to lead a team to achieve objectives to the highest standard

4 years of experience in a similar role

Excellent interpersonal skills, articulate with the ability to interact at the highest level with staff, pupils, current and prospective parents as well as other stakeholders

Experienced at planning and reporting, preparing reports for senior team regarding target attainment and outstanding opportunities

Organized and Efficient - a methodical and impeccable approach to office procedures, database management and record keeping

Excellent ICT skills, used to working with Microsoft packages and knowledge of CRM systems

Excellent working knowledge of EYFSStandards

Proactivity - ability to use initiative, suggest improvements to processes, prioritise and be proactive in managing workload

Excellent customer service skills and used to dealing with difficult situations

Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: career.wellsinternational@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.

Creative Learning International School - Our clients at the Creative Learning International School consist of our children and their parents and guardians, who are our most important stakeholders, as they give us the right to our existence as a Company. Our resolve is to give them the highest level of customer service, and build them to be true and loyal advocates of our business. Our Customer Promise is to stay true and committed to our Vision and Values, and ensure that we meet and exceed their expectations.

Job Title: Early Years / Nursery Teacher

Requirements

Should possess a B.Ed. BA or B.Sc with PGDE

Must have at least 2 years of teaching experience.

Must be Female.

Able to interpret the curriculum.

Must reside in Abuja.

Must be Computer literate (sound use of MS Office).

Must possess excellent communication (writing/speaking).

Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: recruitment@clcng.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Creative Learning International School - Our Clients at the Creative Learning International School consist of our children and their parents and guardians, who are our most important stakeholders, as they give us the right to our existence as a Company. Our resolve is to give them the highest level of customer service, and build them to be true and loyal advocates of our business. Our Customer Promise is to stay true and committed to our Vision and Values, and ensure that we meet and exceed their expectations.

Job Title: Lower / Upper Primary Teacher (Primary 1 - 6)

Requirements

Candidates should possess a B. Ed. BA or B.Sc. with PGDE.

Must have, at least 2 years of teaching experience.

Experience with teaching nursery is an added advantage .

Must be Female.

Must reside in Abuja.

Must be Computer literate. (Sound knowledge and application of MS Office.

Must possess excellent communication (writing/speaking).

Must be able to prepare and present students for external competitions.

Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: recruitment@clcng.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fcmb Recruiting Hurry Guys / Ten (10) Hair Stylists And Barbers-urgent Vacancy: / Marketers Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.