Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? (33241 Views)

Help-is It OK To Leave Wife And Cousin Alone In One House? / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by vickydevoka(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2023
Chummynoni:
you are being depressed for what? Yoruba people would say mawo ago Alago shishe which means in layman form , dont work with someone’s else time . Face your life bro and don’t feel intimidated when you see your mates doing better . Everyone get hin time. I have friends that started making money , before me , but now , some of them calls me for help, Not that I am mocking them but it’s just to let you know life is complicated . Goodluck bro
Omo no be lie. Everybody get en time.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by AHCB: 8:35pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A man who is living with his parents at that age need not concern himself with what ladies think but rather with how he can get his own place and house first. undecided

There is nothing wrong with living with your parents at that age but it is utterly wrong if such a one has still not figured out his priorities at that point in life. undecided
Are you still living with your parents?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On May 27, 2023
AHCB:
■ Are you still living with your parents?
If I were, na your business? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Oneeyesunday: 8:37pm On May 27, 2023
Abeg make nobody disturb me. Christian Ronaldo Still dey stay with him mama. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by AHCB: 8:37pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If I were, na your business? undecided
just want to know if you're figured out your priorities, that's all. 😁
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On May 27, 2023
AHCB:
just want to know if you're figured out your priorities, that's all. 😁
Your priorities have nothing to do with where you live. Or comprehension na issue. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:39pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.
i feel the earlier you leave your parents house the faster you become responsible and be a man, some of those guys living with their parents do the unthinkable and feel relaxed because they’re with their parents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Gentlevip: 8:40pm On May 27, 2023
But Kanu the head of developers is doing just that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Mryacks: 8:40pm On May 27, 2023
braine:
So far he is single, has a job and is responsible for some house bills, why not?

Living alone these days is not for the faint hearted.

Exactly...
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by raphy(m): 8:40pm On May 27, 2023
There is nothing wrong in it .
Some of the adult in there 28-39 may be in there parents house as the parents owns the house and are aged.

They have their room in the house can still go do wht they want without there parents stopping them .

They can bring there gf to show there' parents too .

Soon they will own the house when there parents is no more

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On May 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
■ i feel the earlier you leave your parents house the faster you become responsible and be a man, some of those guys living with their parents do the unthinkable and feel relaxed because they’re with their parents.
All the ones wey don leave home, how many of them don become men? Abeg make una dead that nonsense rap o'jare! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Sirchiboy: 8:41pm On May 27, 2023
I am 40 and still living with my parents.
No.job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:
Is it ok for a guy to be living at home where he grew up or with his parents between age 32-39? if you are a lady, will you find such men as someone who is serious with life or someone who is unserious?

I understand the economy has not be smiling for many and also understand that some men cannot afford to pay rent due to unemployment.

I was living with my parent when i wedded my wife. I was 27 then but i will never allow such for my daughter or son

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Love800(m): 8:41pm On May 27, 2023
One of the worst tin to ever happen to a man

Number one, the nigeria situation is not helping matters. Another one is i feel parents are not encouraging their child more to move out. What i mean exactly is, during our adolecent, teenage nd early 20s, parents should be telling these kids that one day they will leave dis house nd stay on their own. It should be a remainder from the parents so these kids will know reality instead of pampering dem nd making dem ignorant of it.

Me if i have the money i will rent a home for my child in his early 20s. I will provide him with foodstuff nd allowances too till he is capable. And he must have a job doing. Whether is menial job or office job

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On May 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I am 40 and still living with my parents. No.job
Did you commit a crime? undecided
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:42pm On May 27, 2023
raphy:
There is nothing wrong in it .
Some of the adult in there 28-39 may be in there parents house as the parents owns the house and are aged.

They have their room in the house can still go do wht they want without there parents stopping them .

They can bring there gf to show there' parents too .

Soon they will own the house when there parents is no more
chai nawa o
See your reasoning. So you dey wait make your papa die?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:46pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All the ones wey don leave home, how many of them don become men? Abeg make una dead that nonsense rap o'jare! undecided
why the hate oga? As you dey with them, talk true you like am?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Sirchiboy: 8:46pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Did you commit a crime? undecided
No crime.
I have been so unfortunate in life.
If you can help me to stand on my feet I will be grateful
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by millionboi2: 8:46pm On May 27, 2023
Edipet:
It depends on the family. In my family Case my Dad prefer us to move to our own house rather than paying rent, my dad lives in another house outside the city. While I lived in is house in the city. My father doesn't allow us to move out, his reason his that " if we don't stay in his house, who do we want to come and stay" I and my brother has been living here because it's a 3(2bedroom flat) since we came back from service. But This your topic has always made me to feel bad about myself for not having my own house, not only your topic wen I see my mate paying for house rent.
My senior Brother is using the money that he should be using to pay rent to build his personal house.
I also know one guy that is 40, he stays in his father's house because his father has so many houses and land, note: the guy has money to rent his house and he is earning big.
oga thy is nothing wrong with that,is an advantage to you enjoy it joh
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On May 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
No crime.
I have been so unfortunate in life.
If you can help me to stand on my feet I will be grateful
Hey! So long as you no committed a crime why sweat it. Life is not a bed of roses for all.. undecided
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by NaijaCover(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
chai nawa o
See your reasoning. So you dey wait make your papa die?

IS FOLLOWING THE UPDATE
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Sirchiboy: 8:48pm On May 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Hey! So long as you no committed a crime why sweat it. Life is not a bed of roses for all.. undecided

If you want to help me please do sir
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Alonso91(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2023
In as much you know what you are doing n it's going on well with you then it's Ok.

But i can't do it
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:49pm On May 27, 2023
post=123407533:

IS FOLLOWING THE UPDATE
grin
Omo that guy too funny, most of them dey spend their money on women and some other stuffs. Money wey them suppose use break free from their parents
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
i feel the earlier you leave your parents house the faster you become responsible and be a man, some of those guys living with their parents do the unthinkable and feel relaxed because they’re with their parents.
Thank you, not all of them
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by NaijaCover(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
grin
Omo that guy too funny, most of them dey spend their money on women and some other stuffs. Money wey them suppose use break free from their parents

Ok Na,

, dey follow BAD NEWS post
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On May 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
why the hate oga? As you dey with them, talk true you like am?
Look, stop trying to impose unnecessary standards on others. Not all those who left home are men even after so many years. They are still struggling to find themselves in the world. Staying back home, without becoming an unnecessary burden, in order to find his footing before leaving home, is what is equally of common sense. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Reference(m): 8:51pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

In the long past children particularly the male child remained in the 'home', that is within the sphere of the family but not for the reasons of inadequacies but of continuity. Then they were expected to continue the vocation, profession and enterprise of the parents ensuring lasting legacies in almost every field of endeavour.

But I guess as society began to fragment, the challenges of modern life, the erosion of traditions, values, the change of aspirations including the incursion of advanced education and globalization of the western kind, families find it necessary to fragment in order to thrive and increase the chances of success.

So the long and short of the story in my opinion is:
Success is the children leaving the coop as soon as they are trained to fly and feed, so failure means they are unprepared.
But ultra success is the children never leaving home but becoming upgraded versions to take dreams, aspirations and ventures to the next level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by onuman: 8:51pm On May 27, 2023
A saner man after his 24th birthday but still living with his parents, is losing direction.
Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

It's actually a bad thing. After graduating from any Higher Institution and under normal circumstances, you should not live more than one year in your parents' house. That one year is for you to either work towards living alone or live with a friend of your status so as to plan your life accordingly. Staying with your parents at that age will never allow you to see some things that will make you a man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by okoroemeka(m): 8:51pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

the economic situation has made many weird things normal,back in the days a man of such age is supposed to have his own family but the opposite is the case now,but sincerely speaking ,a man of that age still eating mama thank ma still leaves a bad taste in the mouth and it is nothing to be desired.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? by Stanislause94: 8:52pm On May 27, 2023
JILF:

Thank you, not all of them
how old are you? And what do you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Dad Recreates The Lion King For His Baby Son's Birth / 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.